• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Finally finished this afternoon and I throughly enjoyed it, I put off the ending as long as possible so now I wait for dlc or new game plus, I've no idea what I'll fill the witcher shaped hole with, might give the elder scrolls a go.

Akhe

The latest NVIDIA driver screwed up my game. It's happening things that didn't happen before.

Code:
[IMG]http://s25.postimg.org/5kws4hw7z/witcher3_2015_06_28_14_28_33_599.jpg[/IMG]

CoolOff

I completely missed the quest with the vampire telling you to "Fuck off". I did all secondarys, so is it one of those you just run in to?

Finally arrived in Skellige

Holy crap this place is beautiful

CIm4Fm6UAAIOLNf.jpg:large

Yeef

I completely missed the quest with the vampire telling you to "Fuck off". I did all secondarys, so is it one of those you just run in to?
Yes. In the Novigrad Sewers (there's a wall you can blow down with Axii). Easiest way to get there is to go through the doorway of Tretogor Gate and take the ladder down. It's down a few corridors. You'll have to use your witcher senses to find the wall. (Also, the quest isn't really very interesting.

My Griffin Witcher Gear is getting outdated now, I'm finding better stuff. (Lvl 19 now)

What's the next good set of Witcher Gear I should look for?

My Griffin Witcher Gear is getting outdated now, I'm finding better stuff. (Lvl 19 now)

Do you have the enhanced, superior or mastercrafted version? Each Witcher set has 4 levels of upgrades you can do. Personally I would recommend the Wolf set, that's my favorite.

Heh, did anyone else catch the snow white & seven dwarves reference? Haven't seen it mentioned once in this thread! It's in a main quest.

The Griffin set, just like the Cat set and Bear set, has enhanced, superior and mastercrafted versions of it. You can therefor use it all the way until the end of the game, should you like. Griffin is by far the least popular witcher set though. It's alright if you're going for a sign build; I suppose. Bear set looks nice, but who wants heavy gear? Not even up for debate. Cat gear is where its at. Fast, slick, clean and powerful; your attack power will be through the roof.

Do you have the enhanced, superior or mastercrafted version? Each Witcher set has 4 levels of upgrades you can do. Personally I would recommend the Wolf set, that's my favorite.

I have Enhanced Griffin Trousers, but that's it. I don't have an option to upgrade any of the other pieces

The Griffin set, just like the Cat set and Bear set, has enhanced, superior and mastercrafted versions of it. You can therefor use it all the way until the end of the game, should you like. Griffin is by far the least popular witcher set though. It's alright if you're going for a sign build; I suppose. Bear set looks nice, but who wants heavy gear? Not even up for debate. Cat gear is where its at. Fast, slick, clean and powerful; your attack power will be through the roof.

Thanks, yeah I don't use the signs much, mostly sword focused. Griffin is the only set I found so far, that's why I'm using it. Should I be searching in Velen for Cat gear? Or is it in Skellige?

Enhanced Cat is Lvl 20 (swords are Lvl 19) and looks pretty cool. However, it ultimately depends on your preferred style of playing. Use Cat gear (light) if you want massive damage / crits and fast stamina regeneration, go for Griffin (medium) if you want high sign intensity and use Ursine (heavy) if you want the best damage reduction and higher adrenaline gain.

There's also the Wolf set, which is pretty awesome. Stats-wise it's a jack of all trades and its mastercrafted version is Lvl 34 and, thus, superior to the other mastercrafted Witcher sets (they are Lvl 31), but you cannot get it before Act 2.

I have Enhanced Griffin Trousers, but that's it. I don't have an option to upgrade any of the other pieces

Thanks, yeah I don't use the signs much, mostly sword focused. Griffin is the only set I found so far, that's why I'm using it. Should I be searching in Velen for Cat gear? Or is it in Skellige?

Look at your quest log. Witcher gear diagrams are listed under scavenger hunts. If you don't have the quests, check your local blacksmiths / armourer / merchants. They sell treasure maps, which give you the respective quests (just buy them all whenever a merchant has one in stock. They're cheap anyway). Basic Cat should be in Novigrad, IIRC. Basic Ursine is in Skellige and upgrade diagrams are all over the place.

Look at your quest log. Witcher gear diagrams are listed under scavenger hunts. If you don't have the quests, check your local blacksmiths / armourer / merchants. They sell treasure maps, which give you the respective quests (just buy them all whenever a merchant has one in stock. They're cheap anyway). Basic Cat should be in Novigrad, IIRC. Basic Ursine is in Skellige and upgrade diagrams are all over the place.

Thanks!

The Contract: Dragon quest is the most disappointing thing in the game, lol.

You weren't expecting
a real dragon, were you? They're incredibly rare in the Witcherverse.

I liked the quest because of the developer trolling. I wonder how many players will
actually follow the elder's advice and try to herd the sheep to the monster site instead of just using Axii
:lol:

You weren't expecting

I liked the quest because of the developer trolling. I wonder how many players will
actually follow the elder's advice and try to herd the sheep to the monster site instead of just using Axii

I didn't even think about using Axii. -_-

You weren't expecting

I was, I know, and I'm sad that I was so naive; it's unlike me, lol. I wanted to believe™. I realized I soon as I reached the village that this dump wouldn't have a dragon. When the contract giver started describing it I knew for certain. What a tease. I recall the dragon in The Witcher 2 was actually a human, or at least had some form of human form. Do all dragons in this universe have that? Or maybe the dragon in W2 was fake and she was a magician; can't remember exactly.

I didn't even think about using Axii. -_-

I bet you're actually in the majority here :-D

It's really great how the game manages to fool you into doing the quest "wrong". I tried herding the thing as well at first and was already getting annoyed when suddenly I thought: "Wait a minute, wtf am I doing here?!? Why am I not using Axii?!?" As I said: masterful trolling by the developers here :)

I was, I know, and I'm sad that I was so naive; it's unlike me, lol. I wanted to believe™. I realized I soon as I reached the village that this dump wouldn't have a dragon. When the contract giver started describing it I knew for certain. What a tease. I recall the dragon in The Witcher 2 was actually a human, or at least had some form of human form. Do all dragons in this universe have that? Or maybe the dragon in W2 was fake and she was a magician; can't remember exactly.

Dragons in the Witcher-verse are shapeshifters. Most can only take on one human and one dragon form, iirc, but if I'm not mistaken golden dragons can actually take on a lot more shapes.

It's implied that the dragon in The Witcher 2 was the offspring of a golden dragon.

Ark

You weren't expecting

Oh LOL.

I herded the sheep. I totally forgot about Axii, hahahaha.

Man, I really want to start my second play-through already but I'm both waiting for the final free DLC bits to hit and to complete Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.

Luckily I was already regularly creating an animal posse to amuse myself as I traveled from town to town, so I used Axii immediately.

whelp
looks like I might not finished the game.

After doing Tower Outta Nowhere. When travel to another area, game just crash to desktop.

SIGH......

Jamaro85

So apparently The Lord of Undvik is supposed to be a fully fleshed out quest.
I stumbled into Hjalmar on accident and helped him fight off some sirens, and he asked me to help kill an ice troll. It didn't initiate a quest at all, which was strange. Upon finding the troll's lair the fight initiates but at half health the troll grabs an anchor from Vigi's cage and thus kills him. Finishing the fight both began and ended the quest. I feel like I should probably reload to before I ran into Hjalmar and get the actual story behind this all.

Edit: Wow, this seems to be a pretty big deal story wise, upon learning who Hjalmar is and how you go about initiating the quest the proper way.

Edit #2: Post properly spoiler tagged.

Hey thanks for the armor tips everyone

Got my entire Cat set and also got the entire enhanced diagrams

By the time I did all that I was lvl 19 and 1499/1500 XP to 20, so killed 1 enemy to level up then crafted all my upgrades :) goodbye Griffin armor

Me and my Feline armor are now ready to tackle Skellige!

Exentryk

So apparently The Lord of Undvik is supposed to be a fully fleshed out quest.

You should spoiler your post. If you're describing what happens in the quest, all of that should be in spoiler code.

Hey thanks for the armor tips everyone

Got my entire Cat set and also got the entire enhanced diagrams

By the time I did all that I was lvl 19 and 1499/1500 XP to 20, so killed 1 enemy to level up then crafted all my upgrades :) goodbye Griffin armor

Me and my Feline armor are now ready to tackle Skellige!

Enjoy. If any fights seem challenging, you can always come back to griffin to faceroll things ;)

ramyeon

I am actually enjoying the Bear armour, despite it being a heavy armour. I've put points into buffing and expanding the use of my Adrenaline points so I can use that effectively for signs instead of stamina and the boost in defense is really great.

Exentryk

I am actually enjoying the Bear armour, despite it being a heavy armour. I've put points into buffing and expanding the use of my Adrenaline points so I can use that effectively for signs instead of stamina and the boost in defense is really great.

I might look into cat and bear later on. I do like the look of bear armor.

Just finished it.

Wow, I'm blown away by it. I never usually get hyperbolic about anything but not only is it easily my GOTY but it's one of the best games I've ever played. I wish I could forget it all and do it all over again.

Ah well, I guess I sit here waiting for the expansions like everyone else!

Lunar15

Ok GAF, moment of truth. I'm at the part where I can either say I love you to Triss or Yen.

I have to say, I'm not the biggest fan of Yen and everything Triss has done in the game has been pretty incredible. They really portray Triss as fairly selfless whereas Yen is more about the ends justifying the means and doing what she must in order to obtain what she wants. But the game itself keeps talking about Geralt and Yennifer's relationship as if its this incredible destiny and the canon route.

My heart says Triss, but looking at it from Geralt's perspective, I feel like he's always had the hots for Yen. Not sure what to do. Basically, is the game going to continue to hit me over the head with "YEN AND GERALT WERE DESTINED TO BE TOGETHER" even after I choose Triss?

Ok GAF, moment of truth. I'm at the part where I can either say I love you to Triss or Yen.

I have to say, I'm not the biggest fan of Yen and everything Triss has done in the game has been pretty incredible. They really portray Triss as fairly selfless whereas Yen is more about the ends justifying the means and doing what she must in order to obtain what she wants. But the game itself keeps talking about Geralt and Yennifer's relationship as if its this incredible destiny and the canon route.

My heart says Triss, but looking at it from Geralt's perspective, I feel like he's always had the hots for Yen. Not sure what to do. Basically, is the game going to continue to hit me over the head with "YEN AND GERALT WERE DESTINED TO BE TOGETHER" even after I choose Triss?

Well, I mean for all the talk of Triss being selfless, Yen is the only witch in the game that doesn't use Geralt for her own purposes.

Granted Triss has a noble goal, but mages aren't really Geralt's concern.

And yes, the game seems to be pretty much in favor of Ger and Yen, but I mean it's your playthrough so do what you want man.

Isn't the whole thing with Yen the fact that she's constantly using Geralt for her own purposes?

In general?

Well, pretty much every witch in the universe has used geralt.

Keira, Triss, Metz, Vigo, Phillipa,etc..

Triss and Yen are the only ones that sometimes help geralt when it's not for their own gain.

But in this game, Yen helps
you find Ciri and remove the wish/curse and that's it.

In general?

Well, pretty much every witch in the universe has used geralt.

Keira, Triss, Metz, Vigo, Phillipa,etc..

Triss and Yen are the only ones that sometimes help geralt when it's not for their own gain.

But in this game, [stuff]

Uhhhh am I wrong or is that some massive fucking spoilers?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just beated the game, kinda want to start again to make different choices(Going with Yen instead of Triss for example)...but the chance of a new game+ being eventually released kinda makes me want to wait instead of having to do this crafting & alchemy grind again.

I am having severe pop in and loading issues on PS4. I feel like I am constantly ahead of the game loading and often it takes ages for textures to load or even the dialogue button prompts to appear above NPCs. In more severe cases the quest location doesnt load on the minimap for a couple of minutes and I dont know where to go.

This wasn't happening until a few days ago? Is it a new patch thing?

Its kinda ruining it for me.

I am having severe pop in and loading issues on PS4. I feel like I am constantly ahead of the game loading and often it takes ages for textures to load or even the dialogue button prompts to appear above NPCs. In more severe cases the quest location doesnt load on the minimap for a couple of minutes and I dont know where to go.

This wasn't happening until a few days ago? Is it a new patch thing?

Its kinda ruining it for me.

That seems odd, I've had very few texture streaming options. Maybe try meditating in game for an hour and see if that helps? A few times now I've been unable to talk to a NPC due to running up too quickly and meditating seems to reset everything.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Finished the story on Saturday but completely ran out of quests (Apart from collecting all Gwent cards) yesterday so that's me until the expansions/new game are out.

I keep thinking back to early in the game and it feels so long ago. It's like I've been on actual journey. I've spent the most time playing this game than any other in my life. Feels real special.

I'm 5 hours into the first game now. Feels quite rough but still enjoyable! Reading the books too.

Top Bottom