• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

ramyeon

I fucked up big time.

I gave the crystal to Yen and now I can't lure Radovid off the boat. I met with Djikstra and agreed to the plan to kill Radovid. Redanian most wanted quest is still active but any conversation choice has the same outcome, he kicks me off the ship. The closest save prior to the crystal choice sets me back at least 25 hours. Only got one main quest left, travel to mists isle. Any way I can still help to kill Radovid at this point or do I have to go back to the old save?
I could live with many other choices but not this one, I absolutely want Radovid dead.
Finish Redania's Most Wanted and continue with the main story quests. You have not fucked up.

axb2013

Finish Redania's Most Wanted and continue with the main story quests. You have not fucked up.

What a relief, thank you. Does the choice matter? I can either lie, tell him that Phillipa is dead or tell the truth, that she is trying to recover her vision.

ramyeon

What a relief, thank you. Does the choice matter? I can either lie, tell him that Phillipa is dead or tell the truth, that she is trying to recover her vision.
The choices don't matter, I lied to him personally. I think you get a reward if you give him the crystal but that's the only difference. The assassination quest will come later on and is triggered from a main story quest. You won't miss it, just be sure to be straight up with Djikstra and stay on his good side ;)

danowat

Banned
Ok, so I have just finished the
"Get Junior" quest line, what a nasty piece of work he was, I think that killing that S.O.B. was my only option really, am I likely to experience any ramifications from this decision in the future though?, he seemed a fairly big player.

I was trying to get my head around the sequence of events that ended up with three dead woman in his hot tub and one hanging from the rafters?, how the hell did that play out?, surely he could only kill one at a time, why didn't the others run?, did he kill them seperately and then place them in the tub?, or am I thinking about it too much!

Radec

Thank you, much appreciated.

Reason of State will be available again before doing the last few main quests. But it won't be available if you finish the main quests as it is tied to the ending.

I failed it the first time and I had to re-load my older save just to finish it.

ramyeon

Ok, so I have just finished the
"Get Junior" quest line, what a nasty piece of work he was, I think that killing that S.O.B. was my only option really, am I likely to experience any ramifications from this decision in the future though?, he seemed a fairly big player.

I was trying to get my head around the way he ended up with three dead woman in his hot tub and one hanging from the rafters?, how the hell did that play out?, surely he could only kill one at a time, why didn't the others run?, did he kill them seperately and then place them in the tub?, or am I thinking about it too much!
It does seem to have ramifications.

I don't know what killing him does. I spared him and it actually ended well, he ends up powerless and the last time I saw him he was dirtied and lying in an alleyway in the street while little kids pelted him with rocks and laughed at him.

danowat

Banned
It does seem to have ramifications.

I don't know what killing him does. I spared him and it actually ended well, he ends up powerless and the last time I saw him he was dirtied and lying in an alleyway in the street while little kids pelted him with rocks and laughed at him.

Damn, that seems like a better option now!

Nah, killing him is still the best option since "spoiler for ramifications of this decision"
Dudu ends up taking over as him, and uses Whoreson's men to make a legitimate business. Becoming rich, and effectively removing a violent gang from the city.

If you know it's going to happen but it's hard to justify
sparing Junior in the moment when you kill so many other people in the game. He's easily one of the most despicable characters you run into and he directly hurt people Geralt cares about deeply.

ramyeon

Nah, killing him is still the best option since "spoiler for ramifications of this decision"
Dudu ends up taking over as him, and uses Whoreson's men to make a legitimate business. Becoming rich, and effectively removing a violent gang from the city.
Damn that sounds so much better. Oh well, the ending I got from it was satisfying too.

I regretted not killing him as soon as I walked out of his house. I only spared him since I have tried not to kill people wherever possible in my playthrough. And knowing that I'd already told Djikstra about Whoreson's deal with Radovod I knew he was screwed either way. In the end even Ciri didn't kill him, she saw him in the alley and figured that was worse than death.

Majukun

so..what are this week's dlc?we have that quest "where cat and wolf play" and then what?
just one dlc this time?

Exentryk

Wow! That was a powerful scene at the
Isle of Mists
. Really well done. Now,
back at Kaer Morhen preparing for the eventual showdown
. Exciting as this is, I'm also kinda feeling sad as this game is close to the end :(

so..what are this week's dlc?we have that quest "where cat and wolf play" and then what?
just one dlc this time?

Alternate Ciri costume.

axb2013

Regarding Whoreson Jr., seeing those tortured women in the house and considering the possibility, no matter how remote, that he may climb back up or hurt others like that, I feel absolutely no regret over killing him. The reasoning is simple, remove him so he can't hurt anyone rather than hope that he stays at rock bottom for the rest of his life.

IKizzLE

Regarding Whoreson Jr., seeing those tortured women in the house and considering the possibility, no matter how remote, that he may climb back up or hurt others like that, I feel absolutely no regret over killing him. The reasoning is simple, remove him so he can't hurt anyone rather than hope that he stays at rock bottom for the rest of his life.

Damn bro, might as well tell us the ending while your at it.

roytheone

Hmm, just got something weird right after the final step in the quest "get junior"
I killed the whore torturing asshole of course ;)
: the game popped up a "new quest: Race: The Great Erasmus Vegelbud Memorial Derby" message, but I can't find the quest in my log anywhere. Is this supposed to happen?

Akai XIII

...and finished.

Got the
Ciri becomes a witcher ending with Temeria restored.

Think my final play time was around 6.5 days!

Alpende

Where can I get sidequests lvl 33 - 35, I am 33 atm and struggling to get more xp :(

I did all the witcher contracts and reached level 33. Doing story quests and such brought me up to 34 and now I'm 150 away from 35.

Also, liberating those Abandoned Sites net you 170XP each.

Branson

Hopefully this break after 61 hours of playtime is going to reinvigorate my interest in the game. It's been a while since a game burnt me out so bad. Like. A long time. It's great and all but damn. Idk why it's hit me so bad about this one. It was so bad I was just reading the subs in skellige and skipping through the dialogs.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Finished the main storyline today in 150 hours all up... level 32, just shy of 33.

Amazing game, amazing ending.

Trying to think what I will play now... everything else feels empty right now :(
Hurry up Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine expansions!!

What's the recommended level for the end game stuff? I'm about to start Ugly Baby at 23...planning on playing right through to the end now

Am I gonna run into trouble or will I level up quite a bit in this last sequence?

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
What's the recommended level for the end game stuff? I'm about to start Ugly Baby at 23...planning on playing right through to the end now

Am I gonna run into trouble or will I level up quite a bit in this last sequence?

That's a long way off the end still... but I would say you would get to about level 30 or so by the conclusion.

You will level up 3 levels after that quest if I am not mistaken. After two hours just following the Main Quest when starting Ugly Baby I went from 22 to 26.

Sai

You gain a ton of XP from the upcoming main quests. Even if you stick to the primary stuff 'til the end, you should be at a sufficiently high enough level.

Hopefully this break after 61 hours of playtime is going to reinvigorate my interest in the game. It's been a while since a game burnt me out so bad. Like. A long time. It's great and all but damn. Idk why it's hit me so bad about this one. It was so bad I was just reading the subs in skellige and skipping through the dialogs.

I got a bit like that with it but I had a weeks break because of a holiday and when I got back into after that week I was fully immersed again although I still prefer Novigrad over Skellige which I know goes against the popular view,I found navigating it a real pain and hated the sirens/harpies!

Anyone else feels like Yennifer is a bit of a bitch? Maybe its because I am not near the end but I am disappointed in her character so far. Not the voice acting or writing, but her(she is excellently written and acted) its just personality in and of it self..., herself is just a bad apple. a red flag. and not someone who I understand why Geralt is so enamoured with. At least at the point of the story where I am.

Hanging around Skellige doing the story. Did a few missions, going on a boat trip with Yen.

Yennifer... She is not like I expected her to be. She seems snoobish, arrogant, materialistic. I expected from all the previews that this love interest would be great, but besides her looks she is really off putting.

And I ignored every brothel, didn't pursue anything with anyone else in the story I met or even flirted. for this? I should have hooked up with Metz and Triss. Even Metz seemed to have less red flags than Yennifer. Now dablling in black magic, stealing from druids, doesn't seem to give a shit about what she is doing.
Meanwhile Triss is helping organizing the escape of mages.

In the story part where she is doing necromancy in a holy garden to commune with a dead corpse to get information on Ciri its just begging to go wrong later. being so careless. I wouldnt be surprised if later in the story she completely fucks up or evil overtakes her and geralt has to make a difficult choice by either standing her side enabling her shitty antics, or put her down like a rabid dog.

I wouldn't call her a bitch but wow. What Geralt seems in her I do not know. First disconnect I am having with his character so far in the story. I hope it gets better or she shows a better side.

damit Yen. you look so fly, but you personality like that of a rotten egg. her accent and british posh arrogance reminds me of Bastilla from KOTOR, but there is this snarky, sarcastic demeanor underneath her exterior that is annoying!

That's a long way off the end still... but I would say you would get to about level 30 or so by the conclusion.

You will level up 3 levels after that quest if I am not mistaken. After two hours just following the Main Quest when starting Ugly Baby I went from 22 to 26.

You gain a ton of XP from the upcoming main quests. Even if you stick to the primary stuff 'til the end, you should be at a sufficiently high enough level.

Thanks guys.

Is it that far off from the end? I looked up a list of main quests and it seems like this is the last stretch.

IKizzLE

Anyone else feels like Yennifer is a bit of a bitch? Maybe its because I am not near the end but I am disappointed in her character so far. Not the voice acting or writing, but her(she is excellently written and acted) its just personality in and of it self..., herself is just a bad apple. a red flag. and not someone who I understand why Geralt is so enamoured with. At least at the point of the story where I am.

Hanging around Skellige doing the story. Did a few missions, going on a boat trip with Yen.

Yennifer... She is not like I expected her to be. She seems snoobish, arrogant, materialistic. I expected from all the previews that this love interest would be great, but besides her looks she is really off putting.

And I ignored every brothel, didn't pursue anything with anyone else in the story I met or even flirted. for this? I should have hooked up with Metz and Triss. Even Metz seemed to have less red flags than Yennifer. Now dablling in black magic, stealing from druids, doesn't seem to give a shit about what she is doing.

In the story part where she is doing necromancy in a holy garden to commune with a dead corpse to get information on Ciri its just begging to go wrong later. being so careless. I wouldnt be surprised if later in the story she completely fucks up or evil overtakes her and geralt has to make a difficult choice by either standing her side enabling her shitty antics, or put her down like a rabid dog.

I wouldn't call her a bitch but wow. What Geralt seems in her I do not know. First disconnect I am having with his character so far in the story. I hope it gets better or she shows a better side.

damit Yen. you look so fly, but you personality like that of a rotten egg. her accent and british posh arrogance reminds me of Bastilla from KOTOR, but there is this snarky, sarcastic demeanor underneath her exterior that is annoying!
Yea didn't like yen at all throughout the whole game. People here will justify her attitude by saying that she's willing to make the hard decisions but personally she was 100% off putting to me and never saw the chemistry between her and geralt. Heard she was even more insufferable in the books. Loved triss from start to finish tho. Love her character, someone I can see geralt and myself (if she was a real person) being with.

Yen was gonna be the hardest to translate into the game, and I was worried about it going in. CDPR doesn't have the best track record on female personalities (Triss wasn't really anything like Triss until Wild Hunt. The Lodge members in Witcher 2 are pretty much interchangeable outside of headgear).

But the bigger problem is that they don't establish her motivation at all in the game. Sure on the surface she's looking for Ciri and you're looking for Ciri so it's cut and dry. In the books though, the reason we know sorceresses are infertile is because it's one of her defining features. It's what drives her. She hates it and is looking for any solution to change it. She's doing all these awful things in Wild Hunt and staying on task because Ciri is the closest thing she's ever going to have to a child. Lady of the Lake book spoiler
She even agrees to mutually commit suicide with Geralt in a deal for Ciri's safety.
And it's more than just "she's like a daughter to her". It's everything to her. And you don't get that in the game at all.

But all that said, it's a game with multiple choices, so you do what you think is right and CDPR will make it seem like the perfect one for you. That's their greatest strength.

Yea didn't like yen at all throughout the whole game. People here will justify her attitude by saying that she's willing to make the hard decisions but personally she was 100% off putting to me and never saw the chemistry between her and geralt. Heard she was even more insufferable in the books. Loved triss from start to finish tho. Love her character, someone I can see geralt and myself (if she was a real person) being with.

What's so interesting about Triss in this game though ?
There's not much about her character I hadn't seen a hundred times in other games. She's the lovesick puppy kind of female character, nothing new or interesting about that to me.

Plus after you tell her you love her and you have teh sex scene, she pretty much disappears from the game.

What's so interesting about Triss in this game though ?
There's not much about her character I hadn't seen a hundred times in other games. She's the lovesick puppy kind of female character, nothing new or interesting about that to me.

Plus after you tell her you love her and you have teh sex scene, she pretty much disappears from the game.

I think the issue with Yen, is that her attitude towards Geralt makes it seem as if she expects him to like her unconditionally regardless of what transpired before. She makes it seem like it's Geralt's sworn duty to be faithful to her.

Triss on the other hand, is a lot nicer to Geralt, and you can tell she likes him from the very moment they see each other again. Sure, she seems like a more well written Bioware romance. But despite that I still consider her the superior romance option, regardless of your previous relationship with Yen. Also,
Vesemir
didnt seem to like Yen too much, so I know he would have wanted Geralt to be with Triss.

slop101

Banned

What clicked for me with Yen was that one exchange where Geralt says a bad pun, and Yen joins him with her own bad puns and it's obvious that they just flat out enjoy each other's company. That, and the fact that Triss' Rose of Remembrance has died (this would make sense if you played W2) is all I needed to go Team-Yen. They're just a better romantic fit. Triss is great, but she's more like a little sister to Geralt, where as Yen is more like a mate/life-partner. That's how I felt anyhow.

What clicked for me with Yen was that one exchange where Geralt says a bad pun, and Yen joins him with her own bad puns and it's obvious that they just flat out enjoy each other's company. That, and the fact that Triss' Rose of Remembrance has died (this would make sense if you played W2) is all I needed to go Team-Yen. They're just a better romantic fit. Triss is great, but she's more like a little sister to Geralt, where as Yen is more like a mate/life-partner. That's how I felt anyhow.

She is charming and sexy as hell. Also classy and interesting.

But the sarcastic tone? that is some my-sweet-16 entitled bitchyness she got going on there. Geralt running around trying to solve problems and closing fires and she is doing all this crazy shit with no regards for everyone.
He is a mutant fused with demon blood, she is supposed to be this crazy powerful responsible and wise person.

On the other hand.. Being that powerful. It is *interesting* that the power dynamic is reversed. Geralt is not that powerful next to her and she knows that, and he cant stop her for doing what she wants. I think that is much more interesting than Triss. And I agree Triss is like a little friend more than the long term romantic prospect.

But maybe that is the point. There is none of that, because there is not a happy scenario were the mutant and the uber sexy mage settle down and raise a few kids along with some adopted drowners. I'm not done with the story but I have a feeling its going to end bad.

Like batman, and other heroes who live miserable existences, there is no retreat. the character doesn't work anymore, so maybe it makes sense for Geralt to pursue drama and self destruction. The character index page about Yennifer says that she and geralt has had many ups-and-downs and breakups over the last 20 years. So they are basically like a very old married couple who have been through a ton of shit but cant seem to let go of each other?

Same here. Going into details would be too spoilerific for this thread, but I also see Geralt and Yen as perfectly complementing each other. It's not blind love, but a mature and well-established relationship in which both know what to expect of the other and aren't afraid to call each other out when one or the other messes up. Sure, Yen will do that a lot if you mess up as a player, but she's also unequivocally supportive if you don't (prime example is the exchange that takes place if you decide to not
accompany Ciri to the meeting with Philippa and Margarita
). Sure, there are several scenes where she resolutely takes charge and that might seem bossy or bitchy to some. However, I also found it telling that she only tends to do that when the issue at hand clearly falls into her area of expertise (
magical artifacts or ancient elven curses, for example
), wheras she is able to fully trust Geralt and let him take charge when it comes to things that he's clearly good at (hunting monsters, preparing
for the battle against the Wild Hunt
, etc.). I particularly liked the exchange that takes place when Geralt
and Ciri return from Bald Mountain: Triss flips out on him whereas Yen is drily supportive because she is able to put her complete trust in him when it comes to these things.

So, yes, Team Yen here all the way. But that's not to say that I don't like Triss. She's a strong and compelling character in her own right. It's really a testament to the writers that they managed to write so many characters that aren't just cool or badass or lovely, but genuinely complex and interesting.

Khasim

Damn that new DLC quest was short and predictable from the beginning to the end, but the (easter egg spoiler)
Schroedinger's cat
reference made me chuckle.

I just finished, my first Witcher game. What a journey.

Do we know any details at all for substantial paid DLC in the future?

End of game spoilers

I would love the next game to be Ciri as the lead character as the Witcher. Is there going to be a next game?

I just finished, my first Witcher game. What a journey.

Do we know any details at all for substantial paid DLC in the future?

End of game spoilers

I would love the next game to be Ciri as the lead character as the Witcher. Is there going to be a next game?

First DLC will be called Heart of Stone, and comes out in October. It will take place in Velen, and Oxenfurt region, with 10 hours of playtime.

Second DLC is in the first quarter of 2016. It's called Blood and Wine, and takes place in an entirely new region. Adds 20 hours of playtime.

First DLC will be called Heart of Stone, and comes out in October. It will take place in Velen, and Oxenfurt region, with 10 hours of playtime.

Second DLC is in the first quarter of 2016. It's called Blood and Wine, and takes place in an entirely new region. Adds 20 hours of playtime.

Wow, that's great. Didn't know details were confirmed.

Will it continue the story or be a separate adventure?

Wow, that's great. Didn't know details were confirmed.

Will it continue the story or be a separate adventure?

That hasn't been confirmed yet, but I assume they're both seperate adventures taking place before the end. From what's been said, several characters from W1, and W2 that weren't in Wild Hunt will appear.

New gear, and enemies will also be added.

Top Bottom