• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Kyaw

So, I have completed the "Ugly Baby" quest, and now I'm about to head in to
"The Isle of Mists"
. I don't have any quests that are lower level than this main quest, so I guess I should be okay to go here and then come back out to do the high level quests later? How many levels will I rougly gain in this area? Just so I know if I should complete a few quests couple of levels above me before going in or not.

Do the Redania's Most Wanted, Deadly Plot etc quests, I believe you can fail the Deadly Plot arc if you start the Isle of Mist quest before finishing them.

Exentryk

It's not hard and you'll gain a several levels by the time you're returned to the open world.

Not worried about the difficulty, but I don't want to be too overlevelled for my side quests and contracts. As long as I don't gain more than 3 levels, it should be okay though.
Thanks.

Do the Redania's Most Wanted, Deadly Plot etc quests, I believe you can fail the Deadly Plot arc if you start the Isle of Mist quest before finishing them.

Yup, all of those are done. Thanks.

Exentryk

Alt Ciri look seems to be the next DLC

GVN44OC.png

Jamaro85

So for the Possession quest on Skellige
if you decide to kill the hym, you take the last quarter of his life when he retreats to his lair in the basement. Did anybody have an NPC appear down there too? There is an NPC that I cannot interact with, but the interact icon does show up with the action saying "Follow". He shows up during the fight and remains after quest completion. I'm sure this is simply a bug and there's nothing more to it, but I'm wondering if anybody else had this happen.

I'm getting pretty close to the end. Just hit 31, finished getting mastercrafted Feline set (and crossbow), and about to begin Final Preparations.

What a journey it has been!

Exentryk

Man, some of those Geralt skins look so good. The actual game on the other hand has all terrible looking skins (apart from starting Kaer Morhen armor and Ursine mastercrafted)

Sober

I'm not one to complain about impractical armour (although I probably did) but man alt Ciri is just meh. Also the same issue where she doesn't have her top buttoned up all the way again but now we get midriff. Huh.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Man, some of those Geralt skins look so good. The actual game on the other hand has all terrible looking skins (apart from starting Kaer Morhen armor and Ursine mastercrafted)

I feel like a lot of those would suffer the same ways ingame. You can already kinda see the one where he looks like a Jedi makes him look puffy, which is my biggest issue with the Griffin set as he looks pregnant with it on.

Meanwhile the Ursine cloth physics continue to amaze me.

Exentryk

I feel like a lot of those would suffer the same ways ingame. You can already kinda see the one where he looks like a Jedi makes him look puffy, which is my biggest issue with the Griffin set as he looks pregnant with it on.

Meanwhile the Ursine cloth physics continue to amaze me.

The pregnant ones are because of that metal plate bulge, and I've only noticed that in the Griffin gear. The light gear like cat stuff and wolf and others don't look fat. General gear just has terrible color and pattern schemes, which makes them look bad.

So, I don't think if these get brought in to the game that they'll look bad. It would be important to maintain their dark (/white and black) color scheme though, at least for my tastes.

zkorejo

I completed Brother in Arms and the Isle of Mists. I am now back at the Kaer Morhen. The whole thing feels like a setup to a big battle. I need to upgrade my armor to Superior Ursine (have been wanting that for a long time) but the armorer
Zoltan
is not good enough.

Is this it? Will I not be able to freeroam/upgrade until the game ends?

Sober

I completed Brother in Arms and the Isle of Mists. I am now back at the Kaer Morhen. The whole thing feels like a setup to a big battle. I need to upgrade my armor to Superior Ursine (have been wanting that for a long time) but the armorer
Zoltan
is not good enough.

Kaer Morhen is not the end.

DToneli

Neo Member
Zoltan
is not good enough.

No, after
the battle
everything goes back to normal

Is Redanias Most Wanted important? I have the quest but don't want to do it since I really don't want to
help Radovid hunt down a.sorceress

ramyeon

Is Redanias Most Wanted important? I have the quest but don't want to do it since I really don't want to help Radovid hunt down a.sorceress
Short answer: Yes.

Long and spoilery answer:
You need to complete it (And a couple of other quests) in order to trigger the late game quest to assassinate Radovid.

Exentryk

Guys, please spoiler your posts. Last few posts esp. Telling people about "location name" and then spoiling that you can come back from that "location name" to another "location name", and then adding more detail on top, should all be in spoiler tags.

Also, bananfactory, please spoiler your previous post too.

Short answer: Yes.

Long and spoilery answer:
You need to complete it (And a couple of other quests) in order to trigger the late game quest to assassinate Radovid.

It's pretty important for the lore I guess but I though this one was short and disappointing. Definitely the least enjoyable out of all the other "big" side-quests.

ramyeon

It's pretty important for the lore I guess but I though this one was short and disappointing. Definitely the least enjoyable out of all the other "big" side-quests.
The quest itself was pretty lacklustre, yeah. Although I did enjoy the storyline elements.
Philippa getting her revenge and then some was a great moment.

Yeah it's got its moments.

I'm about to finish my second playthrough so I wonder how it affects the ending, or at least the last cutscene. Since in my first ending Emhyr ended being killed after suffering a defeat to Radovid.

mr.beers

Damn this game is good. Some of the best story telling in games. I was doing the Cabaret quest and felt I was getting bored it felt too fetch quest like and then it turns dark by throwing me into the Carnal Sins quest.. Poor
Priscilla
and this is a SIDE QUEST!

Edit: This is some CSI shit!

Guys, please spoiler your posts. Last few posts esp. Telling people about "location name" and then spoiling that you can come back from that "location name" to another "location name", and then adding more detail on top, should all be in spoiler tags.

Also, bananfactory, please spoiler your previous post too.

Sorry, didn't think it was spoilery. I tagged it though

Coming back to this, some of the things that annoyed me are still there. I have no idea where to find Blizzard or Full moon, but I have the superior versions of them that I can't make. It's actually shocking, I have 8 recipes I can't make because I don't have the basic versions of them. Random loot is a horrific idea, at least in my game.

ramyeon

Coming back to this, some of the things that annoyed me are still there. I have no idea where to find Blizzard or Full moon, but I have the superior versions of them that I can't make. It's actually shocking, I have 8 recipes I can't make because I don't have the basic versions of them. Random loot is a horrific idea, at least in my game.
Most of the alchemy diagrams you can buy from alchemists.

I faced a really difficult week with my grandfather passing away and getting my mother and brother through some intense issues with an abusive relative. I drastically need to unwind after four and a half separate nine hour trips on the road.

All I wanted to do was buy a game and relax and made the unfortunate choice of purchasing Arkham Knight. Without further explanation, the opening of that game drummed up some very bad feelings that tainted my enthusiasm for it. Luckily the woman at returns understood my situation and let me exchange it. I wasn't familiar with the Witcher beyond some stills and a quick glimpse of the review scores and grabbed it knowing nothing.

And I'm enjoying it greatly! I've only just set out in search of Ciri but the launch trailer makes me excited for what's ahead. I love this particular use of fantasy. Geralt being something of a fantasy version of a samurai, serving no master. I have no knowledge of the previous entries so I'm flying by the seat of my pants in the inquisitions about his past, his attitude towards friends/ strangers and political leanings. I'd visit the first two after this and replay knowing the full context of the story.

All the side characters seem to be rich in detail and supported by some solid scenarios and writing. Hat's off to Projekt Red for executing a beautiful game with an engrossing world. The soundtrack and map being included was a welcome surprise but the note from the developers totally places this game as something to cherish on my shelf.

Alright I'm 1 mission away from the Ugly Baby one, which I have heard starts a significant turn of events in the main story

How close to the end of the main quest line am I? Do things move pretty fast after this?

Should I be worried about side stuff I haven't completed?

Cyborg

I haven't be able to find Philippa Eilhart. Ive done Redania’s Most Wanted, I was on her trail but after giving the stone to Yen I dont know what to do.

Any help?

Alright I'm 1 mission away from the Ugly Baby one, which I have heard starts a significant turn of events in the main story

How close to the end of the main quest line am I? Do things move pretty fast after this?

Should I be worried about side stuff I haven't completed?

Complete both "Following the Thread" and "The Last Wish", if you haven't done so already. The rest will remain available until the next point of no return afaik.

ramyeon

Oh crap.I made a wrong choice there.
I told him she was dead, and he just left
Doesn't matter either way, I lied to him too.
The quest will come back into relevance later on down the line. You don't need to find her at this moment.

Coreda

The soundtrack and map being included was a welcome surprise but the note from the developers totally places this game as something to cherish on my shelf.

Their thank you note was something I appreciated, too. Opening all the little bits and pieces that come with a decent retail release adds something I feel. And heartfelt condolences, it's truly a tough time to go through.

misho8723

Banned
There are maybe one of the best armor designers in the CD Projekt RED team but when it comes to TW3, I'm really disappointed.. even Saskia's armor in TW3 looked good and was practical, but with mainly these Alt. costumes and armor it seems we are in the "fan service" or "fan art" teritory - and don't let me start and "belly" armor for Geralt in the main game.. really shame, because what I have seem from all the concept arts for armor, they looked way better, but what we did get is mostly bad style, impractical, doesn't have purpose or aren't "witcher" enough

Denton

There are maybe one of the best armor designers in the CD Projekt RED team but when it comes to TW3, I'm really disappointed.. even Saskia's armor in TW3 looked good and was practical, but with mainly these Alt. costumes and armor it seems we are in the "fan service" or "fan art" teritory - and don't let me start and "belly" armor for Geralt in the main game.. really shame, because what I have seem from all the concept arts for armor, they looked way better, but what we did get is mostly bad style, impractical, doesn't have purpose or aren't "witcher" enough

There are still quite a few armors that look great - cat, bear, wolf, kaer morhen, cidarian kavalry, redanian halberdier...there are a lot. Then there are all the gambesons with their belly, but I ignored those for the most part.
I also like default + alternative Yen outfit, Ciri's and Triss's default outfits are good too. The alternative ones look pretty bad though.

CHC

Yennefer's is the best no doubt. I would have liked some hooded costumes like we saw in the concept art and the TV spot.

Number 3 would have been amazing. It's still her same look just with another layer over it, and I love the hood for her, makes it seem like she's a fugitive hiding in plain sight.

I really hope they are putting some attention into improving Roach. The way he spawns, the strange sudden stops and the way he handles hilly terrain. Controlling Geralt started a little awkward but as you play you get used to it until it becomes second nature. On the other hand, the more you use Roach the more the annoyances grate on you. It makes me want to avoid Skellige even though it is such a beautiful location.

axb2013

I fucked up big time.

I gave the crystal to Yen and now I can't lure Radovid off the boat. I met with Djikstra and agreed to the plan to kill Radovid. Redanian most wanted quest is still active but any conversation choice has the same outcome, he kicks me off the ship. The closest save prior to the crystal choice sets me back at least 25 hours. Only got one main quest left, travel to mists isle. Any way I can still help to kill Radovid at this point or do I have to go back to the old save?
I could live with many other choices but not this one, I absolutely want Radovid dead.

Top Bottom