• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Alpende

I'm almost finished playing on Blood and Broken Bones. I would totally play the game again on the hardest difficulty with NG+.

chill-out.jpg

Exentryk

Oh man, what a sequence of events! Finished the
battle at Kaer Morhen
. Some strong emotions there. But felt good to
kill Imlerith after
. The piece of shit.

Gained 4 levels during that; level 29 now. A couple more and I'll have mastercrafted gear. Time to finish off the left over quests, treasure hunts, contracts etc. Going to prolong the inevitable for as long as possible. I don't want this to end. :(

Alpende

So I just finished the game and this is what I got.

Radovid won and killed everything non-human.

Ehmyr died

Skellige does well, Cerys is a good king.

Ciri chose the life of a witcher, she lived

Geralt and Yen lived together.

The Radovid bit was weird though. I never got to complete his assassination mission for some reason while I did all his quests as far as I can tell. Plus, I wanted to kill the guy. I vaguely remember doing a quest and some guy said they were gonna do it, guess not then

Happy with what I got,
except for Radovid. I think I botched it up when I broke Dijkstra's leg :p

Ehmyr died

The Radovid bit was weird though. I never got to complete his assassination mission for some reason while I did all his quests as far as I can tell. Plus, I wanted to kill the guy. I vaguely remember doing a quest and some guy said they were gonna do it, guess not then

Happy with what I got,
except for Radovid. I think I botched it up when I broke Dijkstra's foot :p

What did you do when you had to save Phillipa?(blindfolded woman). If you broke
Dijkstra's
leg, he doesn't let you in on killing
Radovid
, leading to your ending.

Ehmyr died

Happy with what I got,
except for Radovid. I think I botched it up when I broke Dijkstra's leg :p

I got the exact same ending.
The Radovid situation is a real bummer. I didn't realize I had to take care of that before I sailed off for Ciri. Some of my best friends are elves, dwarves and sorceresses.

Alpende

Dijkstra's
Radovid

Lied about her to Radovid, I did break Dijkstra's leg. I didn't think I'd be that forceful, I thought I would just shove him or something.

Oh well, choices and consequences I guess.

d3vnull

Dijkstra's
Radovid
And rightly so.
What a dickish move that was. Breaking the poor guys leg.

friday

Just did the Botchling quest last night on my second playthrough. I fucking hate that part with the wraiths. Honestly its the most poorly balanced part of the game that I know of. Fighting 3-4 wraiths at the same time at lvl 5 is nearly impossible.

Euron

So I just finished the (Act 3 Side Quest)
Radovid Assassination Quest

My thoughts:

It was great to finally see Radovid die but I felt the end of the quest was very rushed. Dijkstra pretty much goes completely out of character and believes he can either kill Geralt or that Geralt would simply walk away when he flat out says he's going to murder Roche, Ves, and Thaler. Dijkstra had it coming as well but I seriously doubt it would go down the way it did. There should have been another quest after where Dijkstra betrays everyone off screen and you can either kill him, side with him, or try to settle things the best you can.

Still better side quest than anything in most RPGs however.

So I just finished the (Act 3 Side Quest)
Radovid Assassination Quest

My thoughts:

It was great to finally see Radovid die but I felt the end of the quest was very rushed. Dijkstra pretty much goes completely out of character and believes he can either kill Geralt or that Geralt would simply walk away when he flat out says he's going to murder Roche, Ves, and Thaler. Dijkstra had it coming as well but I seriously doubt it would go down the way it did. There should have been another quest after where Dijkstra betrays everyone off screen and you can either kill him, side with him, or try to settle things the best you can.

Still better side quest than anything in most RPGs however.

Yup, that part really bothered me since
Dijkstra
even tells Geralt that he's a horrible fighter in an earlier conversation. He should have also known Geralt is fiercely loyal to his friends. As much as Geralt liked
Dijkstra
, I'm sure he held
Roche
and
Ves
in higher regard, especially after the battle
at Kaer Morhen

Overall, the entire sequence was very poorly handled.

misho8723

Banned
So there should be coming new dialogs/scenes with some NPCs (maybe in act 3 or after completing the story?)
Info from the official forums from today and the thread is : The Triss content and the inconsistency of our romance's choice

MXzb.jpg

cdFjLl2.png

LXzb.jpg

Terra_Ex

Dijkstra
even tells Geralt that he's a horrible fighter in an earlier conversation. He should have also known Geralt is fiercely loyal to his friends. As much as Geralt liked
Dijkstra
, I'm sure he held
Roche
and
Ves
at Kaer Morhen

Agreed, the way they handled (major Dijkstra spoilers)
Dijkstra there just felt rushed and totally out of character for him. Added to the fact that for a lot of people Dijkstra will have refused to support Geralt in Kaer Morhen due to the dependency of Triss' torture, while Roche and Ves do come to his aid. It was hardly the best time to try and off them with a group of generic goons while Geralt is standing right there, especially with the quest occurring so soon after Kaer Morhen. Pretty much my biggest issue with the game really, they squandered Dijkstra's potential with the ending to that quest. Unfortunate as he's one of my favourites from the books and that really came across up to that point in the game. But this is CDPR, they may improve it in a crazy enhanced edition in the future I guess. Doubly bizarre when you consider how that quest beings - Dijkstra knows Geralt well enough to push his buttons and use potential witch hunts against Triss/Yen as leverage to get him to agree to help take out Radovid.

Question: I found Triss ring in (Act 2 spoiler)
The Battle of Kaer Morhen
but I still haven't had a chance to give it back to her. Any idea when or if I can? I'm in Act 3 now

Ark

So there should be coming new dialogs/scenes with some NPCs (maybe in act 3 or after completing the story?)
Info from the official forums from today and the thread is : The Triss content and the inconsistency of our romance's choice

http://i.picpar.com/MXzb.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cdFjLl2.png[/IG]
[IMG]http://i.picpar.com/LXzb.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

More Triss dialogue? Yes please! My second playthrough gets delayed yet again.

Mastercrafted Feline set? Check
Level 31? Check
All currently held secondary quests and contracts completed? Check

I am ready. 'Final Preparations' here I come.

Players who went with Triss are disappointed by the lack of Triss content / dialogue in the later parts of the game. Even if you romance her, she doesn't really have a lot to say or do after you've finished her questline. After that, she's basically just kinda ... there and nothing more. This is also in stark contrast to Yen who comparatively gets a lot more "screen time" in acts 2 & 3.

I'm not bothered by it, because I'm on Team Yen anyway, but I can see where they're coming from.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I really can't bring myself to do another playthrough knowing there's a chance for a new game+ to come out sooner or later. I'd rather not hunt for those alchemy/crafting ingredients & alchemy and witcher gear upgrades again. I just want to focus on the quests and ignore most loot.

A little advise that can completely change the feel of the game.

Try turning off the minimap. It's pretty annoying when actively doing quests since you have to go into the map everytime if you want directions, but when just walking around, taking all the graphical wonder, then it makes all the difference.

Really gives you an actual sense of exploration since you don't have little map basically telling you where you are at everytime and where you should go.

Try it out!

I was like 33 or something when I did all that stuff. How come you're 31?

IDK, maybe you did more side stuff than me? I've mostly just been playing the main story for the second half of the game

Am I underleveled?

People that romanced her
(me)
were upset that she has little to no dialogue during the last 15% of the game, and effectively dissapears during the final push against
Eredin

Damnit. I romanced her and rejected Yenn. That's very disappointing :(

slop101

Banned
Dijkstra
Dijkstra
, I'm sure he held
Roche
and
Ves
at Kaer Morhen

Yeah, I wish I could've sided with (B)Roche without
having to kill Dijkstra - fight him, okay, but they should have ended the fight with him relenting and just sticking to his bath house or something instead of trying to rule Novigrad

Interfectum

What's wrong with Triss? I haven't finished the game yet but I am close.

One huge issue I had was right near the end of the game she has literally zero dialogue options. You cant even talk to her but you can talk to everyone else. >.< It sticks out like a sore thumb and I'm surprised they let it ship that way.

Are there any enemies that are level 35+ or so in the world? I defeated the ??
Griffin
on one of the isolated Skellige islands that was guarding a treasure. Was pretty tough.

Question: I found Triss ring in (Act 2 spoiler)
The Battle of Kaer Morhen
but I still haven't had a chance to give it back to her. Any idea when or if I can? I'm in Act 3 now
Yeah you should have a chance in Act 3. Once you've done
Triss' part of the Novigrad stuff, you'll find her in a room on the first floor of the Chameleon.

Where do I go to start this week's DLC quest? (The Cat & the Wolf one.)
Notice board in
Oreton, just North of Fyke Isle

The VA for the main character in the DLC quest is absolutely awful and doesn't match the world whatsoever.
You could say the same for Lambert though. As characters they're not dissimilar either, I could easily envisage Lambert
reacting the same way. In which case I would have put his arse down too.

Are there any enemies that are level 35+ or so in the world? I defeated the ??
Griffin
on one of the isolated Skellige islands that was guarding a treasure. Was pretty tough.
hmm..

Not much I'm afraid, and I've almost 100% it. That level 48
archgriffin
is the highest I've encountered. There are two other lower level ones in Velen/Novigrad.
You'll also find some high level Elementals and Cyclops, but there are tedious more than difficult.
Finally there are some infinitely respawning group of level 26 foglets provided you didn't do the
bald mountain
quest.

Generally the "harder" enemies are at the edge of the maps

I doubt it but in case I missed something, are there more ways to interact with Ves other than quests involving Roche ?

Chick seems interesting, but she's pretty much mute and apparently doesn't give a crap about Geralt.

I doubt it but in case I missed something, are there more ways to interact with Ves other than quests involving Roche ?

Chick seems interesting, but she's pretty much mute and apparently doesn't give a crap about Geralt.

Nope, she's pretty much a package deal including Roche.

Amon-Lau

You get more out of her in the second game~ :p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Funny how GOG label the latest DLC as "one of the biggest piecec of DLC yet".

The quest takes less than 10 mins to do.

I've started my second playthrough this time on Death March. I won't be binging on this one, probably do it slowly with a couple hours here and there and waiting for the expansion packs to come out.

b0bbyJ03

Just finished the game. what a fuckin masterpiece. is there any way to check how much time I've spent on it? I don't use Steam or GOG to launch it. just go directly off the desktop icon.

Just finished the game. what a fuckin masterpiece. is there any way to check how much time I've spent on it? I don't use Steam or GOG to launch it. just go directly off the desktop icon.

If you go into your inventory there should be a player stats option that will show you playtime

Top Bottom