• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

labx

Banned
hey guys. I have a question: ¿how can I travel to Kaer Morhen from Novingrad? I'm in the world map, but there is no fast travel. Do I have to "activated" with a quest? Thanks.

Exentryk

Such immersion, much forests, wow!

1435676772-walk-3-gif.gif

Terra_Ex

hey guys. I have a question: ¿how can I travel to Kaer Morhen from Novingrad? I'm in the world map, but there is no fast travel. Do I have to "activated" with a quest? Thanks.
You need to progress the main story quests to a certain point first.

Triss' Gwent card should have had the Scorch attribute.

Imo it should have had the ability that increases the unit strength of all cards in the row by 1. Fits her very well. Scorch works too but then you'd be limited to when you can use it, as scorch can hurt your own units.

Triss' Gwent card should have had the Scorch attribute.

That would be really nice, actually anything that made it worth using when your decks are good would be nice.

When you have cards like Geralt, Ciri, Yen and the Mysterious Elf it makes the Triss card look super pathetic.

I have most of the cards now and the only reason I sometimes use it over some other cards is because it's a hero card and they are useful to have against the scorch happy players later on.

Imo it should have had the ability that increases the unit strength of all cards in the row by 1. Fits her very well. Scorch works too but then you'd be limited to when you can use it, as scorch can hurt your own units.

The same "restricted to enemy close combat units" scorch attribute as that dragon card would make the most sense for Triss, imo.

The same "restricted to enemy close combat units" scorch attribute as that dragon card would make the most sense for Triss, imo.

While that would be nice you would end up with two neutral melee cards that do exactly the same thing. What about making her a ranged version of that card? That might be interesting.

Edit: As in she is a ranged card that affects ranged units.

Kinyou

It'll happen eventually. It was mentioned in the configs.

Wonder if we'll get a Falka outfit.
Nice.
I'm up to the Battle Preparations quest, but I'm trying to finish off the Nobleman and Soldier Statuette quests. I've tried
talking to Triss in her room at the chameleon between every single other bloody quest in Act 3, but no dialog option for either statue presents itself. Now she's standing on the boat in Novigrad Harbour that's ready to leave, but I can talk to every single other person on the boat, except Triss. There's no button prompt with her, just a green name above her head.
Not sure what went wrong. I could finish the soldier quest right after
doing her preparations quest. Did you perhaps do her quest last?

Not sure what went wrong. I could finish the soldier quest right after
doing her preparations quest. Did you perhaps do her quest last?
Nope, did it first, and as I said checked back after every other one I did. I was able to talk to her but there was no new dialogue option for the soldier or nobleman quests, just the old ones
related to her torture and killing Menge
. When I activate the quests it shows her correct position as the quest location marker, I just can't initiate the proper conversation for some reason :(

Nope, did it first, and as I said checked back after every other one I did. I was able to talk to her but there was no new dialogue option for the soldier or nobleman quests, just the old ones
related to her torture and killing Menge
. When I activate the quests it shows her correct position as the quest location marker, I just can't initiate the proper conversation for some reason :(

You can do that quest later, I promise. Just endure it sitting there for another 6 hours or so. You'll know when the time is right.

You can do that quest later, I promise. Just endure it sitting there for another 6 hours or so. You'll know when the time is right.
I don't think there's 6 hours of the game left, is there? I'm level 34 and about to head to
Skellige to get the Sunstone. I'm on the boat in Novigrad Harbour alongside Triss, Yen, Ciri, Avalla'ch, Philipa, and Rita. Apart from this main questline, the only other quests I have left are the 'Monster of Oxenfurt Forest' Witcher contract, and the two statue quests.

I don't think there's 6 hours of the game left, is there? I'm level 34 and about to head to
Skellige to get the Sunstone. I'm on the boat in Novigrad Harbour alongside Triss, Yen, Ciri, Avalla'ch, Philipa, and Rita. Apart from this main questline, the only other quests I have left are the 'Monster of Oxenfurt Forest' Witcher contract, and the two statue quests.

Oh shit. I though you were at
The Battle of Kaer Morhen
I did that quest the
second time in Novigrad right before The Sunstone
Sorry, I think you're screwed.

I think you passed your window cause
she still needs to be in the city. I don't remember exactly when or where I did it, but it was shortly after doing her mission, and before they got on the boat.
On the bright side you're not really missing much. But if you're a completionist you're screwed.

Oh shit. I though you were at
The Battle of Kaer Morhen
I did that quest the
second time in Novigrad right before The Sunstone
Sorry, I think you're screwed.
Yeah that was when I was planning to do it, but as I said it just wouldn't let me, no matter what I tried. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, hopefully they'll fix this bug in a later patch and I might be able to do those quests in another play through. I have a save prior to
Ciri speaking with the Lodge
, so I'll keep that too and can maybe replay the end of the game as well as the statue quests if CDPR fix it.

I think you passed your window cause
she still needs to be in the city. I don't remember exactly when or where I did it, but it was shortly after doing her mission, and before they got on the boat.
On the bright side you're not really missing much. But if you're a completionist you're screwed.
Yeah as soon as you
help her retrieve Philipa from the bathhouse, Triss goes back to a room on the first floor of the chameleon where you can talk to her. It just won't let me initiate those quests though. She stays in that room until Ciri visits the Lodge. I'm currently up to the bit immediately after that. I still have a quest marker that points to Triss on the deck of the ship.

Yeah that was when I was planning to do it, but as I said it just wouldn't let me, no matter what I tried. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, hopefully they'll fix this bug in a later patch and I might be able to do those quests in another play through. I have a save prior to
Ciri speaking with the Lodge
, so I'll keep that too and can maybe replay the end of the game as well as the statue quests if CDPR fix it.

Like Jay said though, the statue quests are 100% dialogue, and extremely short. You're not missing much.

slop101

Banned
Yeah, I still have that "give statue to Triss" quest active, and I've beaten the game - but there's no Triss to be found post-game. The mission's not failed, there's just no Triss to talk to.

Yeah, I still have that "give statue to Triss" quest active, and I've beaten the game - but there's no Triss to be found post-game. The mission's not failed, there's just no Triss to talk to.

Honestly you are probably better off loading a save before the point of no return and finishing everything there. The world is just weird post-game as all important characters basically just disappear entirely.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

You should have talked to Triss during the
"Final Preparations"
quests, that's when I completed 2 Statues quests with her.

slop101

Banned
You should have talked to Triss during the
"Final Preparations"
quests, that's when I completed 2 Statues quests with her.
Nope. Tried that - I'd walk up to her and there so option given to even talk to her, much less talk to her about the statues. The only time to do that was before "Now or Never". And it's not much of a mission ether - 5 xp points, and 10 seconds of meaningless dialog.

Bisnic

Nope. Tried that - I'd walk up to her and there so option given to even talk to her, much less talk to her about the statues. The only time to do that was before "Now or Never". And it's not much of a mission ether - 5 xp points, and 10 seconds of meaningless dialog.

I had to talk to her AFTER doing her quest for
Final Preparations
before the statue dialogue became available though. Did you try that?

Yeef

Just did the Skellige's Most Wanted quest. I thought it was really interesting. I kind of wanted to
just kill all of them because I still need the doppler (and succubus) mutagens to make the decoctions, since that was probably my last opportunity, but I decided to stick to my guns and explain that I wasn't just some anti-monster bigot. It actually kind of reminded me of the ending to Season 1 of Telltale Walking Dead

Alpende

Are you sure you examined the wolf emblem near the entrance? That got me a few times.

Pretty sure I did because that yellow radius is now around the tower, I'll try to see if re-examining the emblem helps.

Also, I'm pretty sure you don't have to examine emblems to open up chests containing Witcher diagrams but it doesn't hurt to try.

Pretty sure I did because that yellow radius is now around the tower, I'll try to see if re-examining the emblem helps.

Also, I'm pretty sure you don't have to examine emblems to open up chests containing Witcher diagrams but it doesn't hurt to try.

I found that I had to for some diagrams. It was weird.

Khasim

Dammit, the Witcher Wolf gear scavenger hunt is bugged. I can't open the chest in the signal tower :(

Did you
activate the portal?? IIRC the diagram is hidden below the tower, you need to find the missing portal crystal and use Aard on both of them for the portal to appear and work correctly

slop101

Banned
I had to talk to her AFTER doing her quest for
Final Preparations
before the statue dialogue became available though. Did you try that?
Yeah, like I said earlier, when I tried to talk to her then, no option to talk would come up - like by that point the "X" button prompt that comes up for every NPC, would not come up for Triss.

Dammit, the Witcher Wolf gear scavenger hunt is bugged. I can't open the chest in the signal tower :(
Can't be bugged, since I got all Wolf gear master-classed, no problem. The chest isn't in the tower, but below it. You have to jump through the portal after activating TWO crystals, you wind up in a cave below, where the chest is.

I'm like 20 hours in on Death March and every now and then I still get destroyed by trash mobs of level 4 Drowners.

Also, I love how the sailboats control like motorboats.

I'm like 20 hours in on Death March and every now and then I still get destroyed by trash mobs of level 4 Drowners.

Also, I love how the sailboats control like motorboats.

For some reason, it really bothered me that they controlled like that. I would have preffered to have Geralt shoot a constant stream of Aard to the sails instead.

For some reason, it really bothered me that they controlled like that. I would have preffered to have Geralt shoot a constant stream of Aard to the sails instead.

He can't shoot a constant stream though, it'd be pushes. It could still work though, but personally I believe that there are times when you must prioritize gameplay over other factors. The boats controlling like they do is definitely preferable, and hey, you do travel faster when you have wind in your sails.

Got my platinum trophy last week because I did a Gwent card collecting speedrun on "Just the story difficulty", only took 15 hours total and I didn't want to wait for a patch (missed Zoltan tutorial card and in my main save I can't grab ledges anymore so that was fucked too). Basically saved up all money and went straight to Novigrad after Velen (up until first Ciri flashback with the baron is enough). Novigrad is not very combat heavy so me being underleveled was not that bad. Saved some cash and got to Skellige where encounters were a bit more difficult because I was a lot more underleveled. The cyclops in the Gremist druid quest (which you have to complete to play against him for a card) probably gave me the most trouble. Fight took long but was easy to cheese.

Amazing experience but I'm done with it for now, just in time for Batman !

Bisnic

Yeah, like I said earlier, when I tried to talk to her then, no option to talk would come up - like by that point the "X" button prompt that comes up for every NPC, would not come up for Triss.

Can't be bugged, since I got all Wolf gear master-classed, no problem. The chest isn't in the tower, but below it. You have to jump through the portal after activating TWO crystals, you wind up in a cave below, where the chest is.

Weird, the only time Triss was like that for me was on Skellige after this. In Novigrad, i could still talk to her after her main quest.

Alpende

Are we talking about the same chest? I watched a video of it and the dude could open the chest and I can't, no portals needed. It's the first scavenger quest.

Kyaw

Just finished the game, not the ideal ending but I guess I will roll with my deicisons and mistakes...

Ciri became a witcher. The game REALLY had me going in thinking she was actually dead after going into the white frost. Emyhr got killed, Radovid won and burned lots of people. I fucked up with the romance so I'm left a lonely witcher going from job to job...

I am feeling all kinds of emotions after being done with this trilogy. :(

slop101

Banned
Are we talking about the same chest? I watched a video of it and the dude could open the chest and I can't, no portals needed. It's the first scavenger quest.
Oh, no, I was talking about a later one, in a different tower at Kaer Morhen. I don't remember the one you were talking about, but since I've done all the Wolf gear upgrades, I must have nabbed it, no problem.

Ark

Just finished the game, not the ideal ending but I guess I will roll with my deicisons and mistakes...

Ciri became a witcher. The game REALLY had me going in thinking she was actually dead after going into the white frost. Emyhr got killed, Radovid won and burned lots of people. I fucked up with the romance so I'm left a lonely witcher going from job to job...

I am feeling all kinds of emotions after being done with this trilogy. :(

I felt the same way, it's a really sad feeling :(

I won't be surprised if I end up re-playing this game several times.

Just completed the battle
at Kaehn Moer
and i must say that usually big battles like these fall flat in open world RPGs, they just fail to live up to the expectation and the epicness that is portrayed in the cutscenes and then put that into gameplay.

The team behind The Witcher 3 was succesful in doing just this.

This quest was one of the most bad ass, epic and
genuinely sad
that I've played in any RPG.

Hit all the right notes and really delivered on all fronts with respects to that I think.

Amazing game.

Kyaw

I felt the same way, it's a really sad feeling :(

I won't be surprised if I end up re-playing this game several times.

Gonna replay this at some point to get an ideal
ciri becoming a witcher ending with Triss. It's too sad to see Ciri becoming the Empress.

Exentryk

So, I have completed the "Ugly Baby" quest, and now I'm about to head in to
"The Isle of Mists"
. I don't have any quests that are lower level than this main quest, so I guess I should be okay to go here and then come back out to do the high level quests later? How many levels will I rougly gain in this area? Just so I know if I should complete a few quests couple of levels above me before going in or not.

So, I have completed the "Ugly Baby" quest, and now I'm about to head in to
"The Isle of Mists"
. I don't have any quests that are lower level than this main quest, so I guess I should be okay to go here and then come back out to do the high level quests later? How many levels will I rougly gain in this area? Just so I know if I should complete a few quests couple of levels above me before going in or not.
It's not hard and you'll gain a several levels by the time you're returned to the open world.

Top Bottom