• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Denton

11D100BF11A7BDD77E20956E5C35F9929CDCC574

haha

Every single NPC in the game look at me with envy since I got the mastercrafted feline gear. They've never seen a man this stylish. Neither Yen nor Triss can get their eyes off me when they see me rolling.

Hmm... so should I do the season pass?

Wait and see? There's absolutely no reason to buy it now.

ramyeon

So I couldn't finish up the other day, and haven't been able to play since. Got some free time today so I'm gonna wrap this up.

In Skellige looking for the Sunstone at the moment, I'm guessing I'm nearing the end.

After 120 hours finally beat it.

What a great ride. Although I have to say I'm not crazy after roaming the world in some limbo state after the game ends. If you can't be bothered to have the world reflect the ending then just not allow players to player after the end. This roam the world but all your favorite NPCs don't exist in the game is extremely depressing.

wilsonda

Got the game from best buy for 25 dollars during a pricing error and I must say I am impressed... I am normally not a big fantasy guy but I'm several hours deep and pretty hooked... the graphics are pretty amazing even on xbone. The gameplay is tight except for some of the movement is slightly hanky but not during combat

Never even heard of it. Hope it works out for you though.

there's a huge thread on cdprojekt forum about this on PC. people getting stuck at skillige and can't fast travel in any region because once it shows the load screen it just crash to desktop

BUT finally solved it. downloaded 2 save state pre-DLC and loaded them both first and finally DLC (crashing) save. able to fast travel to White Orchard

Are there any quests in Velen that I have to do before progressing to Novigrad?

I still have a ton of side quests still to do, but I'm a bit burnt out and just want to progress the story for now.

Ok so I'm (2nd act spoilers) in
Kaer Morhen
preparing for
the battle
. I have access to an armourer but I don't see a blacksmith here - is there any way to craft swords before I progress? I just hit 27 and there's a weapon I really want to use :( fast travel is disabled so I can't go elsewhere to make it either

ramyeon

I'm finished, what a ride.

Ended with Ciri becoming a Witcher, Nilfgaard rules the North but Temeria has regained independence. Geralt and Yen together. Pretty happy withy this ending, wouldn't have it any other way.

Most fun I've had with a game in a long time, enjoyed pretty much every moment of the adventure!

Ok so I'm (2nd act spoilers) in
Kaer Morhen
preparing for
the battle
. I have access to an armourer but I don't see a blacksmith here - is there any way to craft swords before I progress? I just hit 27 and there's a weapon I really want to use :( fast travel is disabled so I can't go elsewhere to make it either

You can't unfortunately.

Seriously, how is Zoltan useful as an amateur armorer in this situation when you're already over level 20 ?

Sorry if the question has been asked a lot:

Any word on upcoming updates for console version? Specifically, I am wondering if I should go ahead and start new game or wait for potential new game plus to get patched in.

Just finished Act 2

Wowzers!

Onto Act 3 now...Bald Mountain

How close am I to the end?

Also, I haven't had a chance to free travel in hours. PLEASE tell me I get a chance to finish up some stuff and run errands soon

damn it, no wonder i didnt find this thread in gg

anyway, almost 6 days worth of gameplay (without time glitch) and i finally found the damn enhanced thunder pot scheme. i think i also finished the first act?

i guessed that the only way to kaer morden or whatever is called is via a quest. correct if im wrong please, also how close am i to the end? i have to go back to crows perch for the main quest Ugly
Baby

damn it, no wonder i didnt find this thread in gg

anyway, almost 6 days worth of gameplay (without time glitch) and i finally found the damn enhanced thunder pot scheme. i think i also finished the first act?

i guessed that the only way to kaer morden or whatever is called is via a quest. correct if im wrong please, also how close am i to the end? i have to go back to crows perch for the main quest Ugly
Baby

Main Quest only I would guess you are at least 10-15 hours away from the end.

Main Quest only I would guess you are at least 10-15 hours away from the end.

nice, i really want the wolf armor and it looks doing this quest will make visiting kaer morden possible but i wasnt sure the consequences of doing it. my perception is messed up because of all those days wondering the land without touching the main quests and only doing side quests, etc lol

thanks mate

About 5-7 hours left.

Yes, fast travel will be available for you again right after Bald Mountain.

Damn, 5-7 still left? Was hoping to crush the last act tomorrow but not sure I'll get through it

What a journey this has been though. Is it weird if I say I appreciate how...grounded the game is? I know it's fantasy with all this crazy stuff in the world, but the plot feels very personal and somewhat smaller scale than the typical "save the world from apocalypse". At least up to where I am anyway.

IKizzLE

Finally beat the game after about 110 hours.

One of the best games I've ever played.

Wish I could wipe my memory and experience fresh again. Damn, not sure what to play now.

Man, Ciri is the best character in the game.

ramyeon

Damn, not sure what to play now..
Haha I felt the same way after beating it this morning. I was gonna move onto Arkham Knight but I don't think I can deal with another open world right now.

Decided on Tomb Raider PS4, since I never played it and I'm strangely enjoying the linearity of it after having so much freedom in Witcher 3.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Finally beat the game after about 110 hours.

One of the best games I've ever played.

Wish I could wipe my memory and experience fresh again. Damn, not sure what to play now.

Man, Ciri is the best character in the game.

My sentiments exactly, I've kicked off my first XCOM playthrough though, hopefully it fills the void left by Geralt et al.

I'm hanging out for the 2 expansions to be released, will do another full playthrough then, it will be a very long wait!

IKizzLE

Man, just went on Youtube to watch the other endings I didn't get and I would've been

PISSED if I played 110 hrs and got the other two endings. Straight horseshit. So glad I got the ending I got.

Feels good. Can't wait for these expansions. Can't believe I just said I was excited for expansions.

ramyeon

Man, just went on Youtube to watch the other endings I didn't get and I would've been

PISSED if I played 110 hrs and got the other two endings. Straight horseshit. So glad I got the ending I got.

Feels good. Can't wait for these expansions. Can't believe I just said I was excited for expansions.
I did the same, honestly I wouldn't change anything about what I got.

Ciri Witcher, Geralt with Yen, Nilfgaard rules the north, Temeria gets independence, Cerys rules Skellige and the islands prosper. Pretty much perfect.

IKizzLE

I did the same, honestly I wouldn't change anything about what I got.

Ciri Witcher, Geralt with Yen, Nilfgaard rules the north, Temeria gets independence, Cerys rules Skellige and the islands prosper. Pretty much perfect.

Everything was exactly the same as yours except with Triss.

Auctopus

Just finished Act 2

Wowzers!

Onto Act 3 now...Bald Mountain

How close am I to the end?

Also, I haven't had a chance to free travel in hours. PLEASE tell me I get a chance to finish up some stuff and run errands soon

Not long. I think it's less than 5-7 hours to be honest, depending on what choices you make. The game drops you back in the open world after the end if that's what you're asking.

JoeNut

So i've just bought this game, does anyone have any tips starting out?

I usually play RPGs with stealth/range characters, is that possible in Witcher 3? i really havent looked much into the game i just know it's had great reviews and seems my sort of thing.

axb2013

I also had the fast travel loading crash on Skellige, found a workaround, different start and destination points worked for me.

danowat

Banned
So i've just bought this game, does anyone have any tips starting out?

I usually play RPGs with stealth/range characters, is that possible in Witcher 3? i really havent looked much into the game i just know it's had great reviews and seems my sort of thing.

Not really, ranged combat is very weak (IMO).

Just get comfortable with the combat commands, only parry humans, and get used to hit - dodge - hit.

Also decide which signs you like to use, all of them are pretty useful.

What's the deal with
John Natalis
? He sounds like a cool dude but is nowhere to be seen in W3 apart from a Gwent card.

Not really a spoiler for The Witcher 3, just some lore: Natalis is the military commander of Temeria and more or less a living legend, because he managed, against all odds, to lead the Northern armies to victory in the decisive battle against Nilfgaard during the 2nd Nilfgaardian War. This happens before the events of the games. The war in The Witcher 3 is technically the 3rd Nilfgaardian War.

Natalis appears in The Witcher 2 depending on which path you choose. He doesn't have that big of a role, he's basically the ad interim regent of Temeria after the death of Foltest.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
What's the deal with
John Natalis
? He sounds like a cool dude but is nowhere to be seen in W3 apart from a Gwent card.

He appeared in the final act of TW2. I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get any closure on him and Foltest's bastard daughter. Maybe they'll show up in one of the DLCs

Thanks for that detailed response Gurgelhals, it made for some interesting reading.

He appeared in the final act of TW2. I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get any closure on him and Foltest's bastard daughter. Maybe they'll show up in one of the DLCs
On that note, who are some of the main W1 and W2 characters who didn't show up in W3 yet? John Natalis and Anais would have to be up there, but who are the other candidates for the DLC?

Level 19 in Skellige and my timer says I've been playing 7 hours... Is this a known bug? Looks like my playtime randomly reset or something.

Been spending a lot of time with Yen lately and her "wit" and nonstop sarcasm are becoming pretty annoying. Reminds me of an ex girlfriend. Shoulda chilled with Triss...

On that note, who are some of the main W1 and W2 characters who didn't show up in W3 yet? John Natalis and Anais would have to be up there, but who are the other candidates for the DLC?

Can't remember who's alive and who's dead at the end of Witcher 2, but there's Saskia and Iorveth, from the top of my head.

Berto

Would love to see Adda, she's married to Radovid in my world and they're both nuts.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

The ones that survive the previous games no matter what choices you make are Iorveth and Shanni

There's also
Princess Adda, Saskia, Siegfried, Yaevinn
but the fate of all these characters is determined by the player so even if they do show up it will be as short cameos.

Top Bottom