• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
How close am I to the end?
just fought off the wild hunt with ciri at kaer morhen, thought it was the climax, but seems the story is getting dragged out even longer.

krioto

I'm in Skellige, if I finish the quest
Nameless
, will I still be able to go back and do all the side-quests I have piled up from the beginning of the game? Read in one of the wiki guides that I would not be able to but had a few friends tell me I still could.

I did this quest last night, and I am still able to access all the quests I had on my list prior to it, so I think you'll be fine

Just trying to figure out how much more I have left before the end.

I'm at Kaer Morhen helping Yennefer fix the megascope. I've defeated the forktail for Eskel and helped Lambert with his shit.

Just want to make sure I hit the rest of my ?'s before game over.

On a side note, if any of you guys got to play the "Cave of Dreams" side mission, what did you think?
I think it was the strongest side mission on the Skellige side since Bloody Baron. The whole build-up to it (i.e., the monster contract, the Skelliger getting killed, Geralt having to break out of prison, and then having to pay a debt to the jarl) was pretty incredible.

CoolOff

I'm at Kaer Morhen helping Yennefer fix the megascope. I've defeated the forktail for Eskel and helped Lambert with his shit.

On a side note, if any of you guys got to play the "Cave of Dreams" side mission, what did you think?
I think it was the strongest side mission on the Skellige side since Bloody Baron. The whole build-up to it (i.e., the monster contract, the Skelliger getting killed, Geralt having to break out of prison, and then having to pay a debt to the jarl) was pretty incredible.

Loooooong way to go. That's like 50% or something.

swit

What? I've been playing for 71 hours and I'm only 50%? Ugh. Man. I just want to finish this damn thing.
Damn, if the next CDP game will be made smaller/shorter due to complaints like this I will be pissed off. Just drop the game if you don't enjoy it.

Damn, if the next CDP game will be made smaller/shorter due to complaints like this I will be pissed off. Just drop the game if you don't enjoy it.
The length is possibly the greatest thing about the Witcher 3. It puts most MP games to shame for longevity and is worth every cent of its retail price.

So just curious how far I actually am from completing the game now that I am firmly in ACT 3 of GODDANG THIS SHIT IS TAKING ME TOO LONG PLAYTHROUGH OF 340 HOURS.
340 hours of amazing content. Dis game.

I've
palled around with Ciri for a bit, doing random things and stealing horses, helped Triss and found whatsherface McBlindEyes turns into an Owl lady, and now I have a quest that I assume is about finishing up things with Djikstra and Radovid, while also needing to help Avallach or talk to him or something and something with Yennefer in assembling the rest of the lodge to strike back at The Wild Hunt.

Lunar15

Huh? For some reason I was never able to recruit
Roche
despite completing his quest, and he didn't show up at
Kaer Morhen
, despite there being a check mark next to his name in the brothers in arms quest.

What a horrible bug.

Exentryk

Guys, please don't become complacent with spoiler tags. If you'd like to discuss ending or other spoiler, there is a dedicated spoiler thread on the gaming side.

Sorry about that. It's a much smaller deal than you think.

Thanks. I've already completed that area, so no issues. But cheers for adding the tags.

Mobius 1

I'm level 18 now, and have been messing around Novigrad. I've neglected the Gwent game but I want to start playing it. What's a good way to pick up?

Branson

I'm like the only one that thinks that because I have a huge backlog. Ive been playing every day since its release and I need breaks every now and then. Just sort of burnt out on the game.

squidyj

So... I'm running around grabbing diagrams and I run into this ice elemental. First thing that happens he straight up one-shots me while I'm fighting a gargoyle, wasn't expecting that.

Since I'm signs build I decide I'll throw up my quen shield, one hit tears through my shield and half of my hp and the elemental one-shots itself off of the reflected damage.

what. the. fuck?

d3vnull

So GAF, how much have I messed up?! lol.

Don't tell Yen you love her... never tell two women you love'em.

Fighting the lvl 48 archgriffin was so friggin great. Now I want all my fights to be against monsters that are at least 10 levels higher than my Geralt.
Are there any more high lvl (40+) monsters roaming the world?

Noaloha

Quick question in case I'm missing something:

I'm lvl12, doing a quest with a rec-lvl of 11, called 'Following The Thread'. It involves
another Witcher and he wants me to help avenge the death of his buddy Aiden.
The quest has now asked me to go to... might be misremembering the name, The Faroe Isles, which the quest dialogue led me to believe was on Skellige. However, I'm not seeing any way to get over to Skellige yet. There're no signposts when I check it out via fast travel.

Can I get over there, or are there prerequisites? Just seems odd that a quest flagged as recommended for lvl11 would send me to Skellige if I can't actually get over there.

---

edit: side-note. unsure if I'm entirely alone on this one, but one of the first things I did was entirely mute game music. It felt oddly intrusive. I certainly haven't missed it.

So... I'm running around grabbing diagrams and I run into this ice elemental. First thing that happens he straight up one-shots me while I'm fighting a gargoyle, wasn't expecting that.

Since I'm signs build I decide I'll throw up my quen shield, one hit tears through my shield and half of my hp and the elemental one-shots itself off of the reflected damage.

what. the. fuck?

Is that the one in Northern Skellige? Yeah, that one is a bitch because he is a much higher level.

d3vnull

Ok... I think after nearly 300 hours I am done with this game for now...

To celebrate here some of the screenshots I took during my journey.

gZXCJhu.jpg

q7zCEMw.jpg

BRunHKQ.jpg

cTgxL3G.jpg

oqi75bd.jpg

hipQnYI.jpg

hyfmkJw.jpg

sqWp3YE.jpg

ekbygHc.jpg

pGa8mZ7.jpg

sJrtBzV.jpg

BOOBIES: http://i.imgur.com/CS12Ogt.jpg

Loooooong way to go. That's like 50% or something.

What? I've been playing for 71 hours and I'm only 50%? Ugh. Man. I just want to finish this damn thing.

Lol, no no no, that's an exaggeration. The dude is but half-way through act 2 out of 3, true, but act 1 is by far and beyond the longest arc. You are much more than 50% through, if you've done most of the side-quests already, in which case I'd say you're somewhere between 75 - 90% through.

Regarding Cave of Dreams,
my opinion is the complete opposite: I thought it was terrible. This master witcher that has defeated hordes of powerful monsters and masses of bandits and who has worked for kings and emperors got defeated by a random, offensive group of villagers. And Geralt just gives up. There's not even a dialogue choice to deal with the situation. And then you couldn't even use Axii on the madman. Geralt would've died right there and then were it not for the fact that there was a mission for him. The whole situation just made me angry. If I had more choice, it would've played very, very differently.

So just curious how far I actually am from completing the game now that I am firmly in ACT 3 of GODDANG THIS SHIT IS TAKING ME TOO LONG PLAYTHROUGH OF 340 HOURS.
340 hours of amazing content. Dis game.

I've
palled around with Ciri for a bit, doing random things and stealing horses, helped Triss and found whatsherface McBlindEyes turns into an Owl lady, and now I have a quest that I assume is about finishing up things with Djikstra and Radovid, while also needing to help Avallach or talk to him or something and something with Yennefer in assembling the rest of the lodge to strike back at The Wild Hunt.

Not much left. After you're done with this quest-chain in
Novigrad, you'll face another main quest in Skellige with a few objectives, and then it's the final stretch.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ok... I think after nearly 300 hours I am done with this game for now...

To celebrate here some of the screenshots I took during my journey.

gZXCJhu.jpg

q7zCEMw.jpg

BRunHKQ.jpg

cTgxL3G.jpg

oqi75bd.jpg

hipQnYI.jpg

hyfmkJw.jpg

sqWp3YE.jpg

ekbygHc.jpg

pGa8mZ7.jpg

sJrtBzV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CS12Ogt.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Should probably take out the last pic, or at least just put a link, since it's NSFW.

Don't tell Yen you love her... never tell two women you love'em.

Fighting the lvl 48 archgriffin was so friggin great. Now I want all my fights to be against monsters that are at least 10 levels higher than my Geralt.
Are there any more high lvl (40+) monsters roaming the world?

What happens if I tell Yen love her?

dock

I just started Witcher 3 on PS4 at the weekend. I didn't expect to like it much at all, but it really clicked with me in the way that Oblivion on 360 did. It also has plenty of similarly hilarious bugs.

Am I right in thinking I can safely ignore Gwent for the whole game?
I'm not going to play that.

Is anyone playing with Remote Play on Vita? The control mapping is really terrible.
Is there any way to hook up the Dualshock 3 to the Vita, much like with PSP?

JoeNut

Well i have spent most of my weekend playing and im loving it so far. I'm not sure whether im missing something but sometimes i seem to get to villages and there's just nothing to do, nobody seems to be triggering a mission or anything so i just carry on regardless.

I've just finished the bit where
the wild hunt are going after ciri in a cave and it all gets frozen up
obviously not very far, havent really decided or looked into a particular build, except i am going to level up axii so i can influence people in conversations.

I just did
Through Time and Space with Avallach.
man, that was some beautiful scenery. And I wonder if the implications from that quest could translate into
future witcher games.

Finished the
Kaer Morhen
battle last night. I had a feeling that
Vesemir would kick the bucket. Geralt looked devastated. Killing the Crones was incredibly satisfying too. I finished at the Imlerith battle in the end. That second phase seemed a lot trickier than the first.

I think Geralt and Ciri playing rock paper scissors to decide who'd face Imlerith is my favourite part of the game so far

dock

Man, you'll be missing out!

I don't get enough hours to play games, so the only chance I have of making progress in this game is by ignoring the Yugioh minigame. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with the world or the story, so Gwent seems like a waste of time. I didn't play Tetra Master in Final Fantasy 9 either.

I don't get enough hours to play games, so the only chance I have of making progress in this game is by ignoring the Yugioh minigame. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with the world or the story, so Gwent seems like a waste of time. I didn't play Tetra Master in Final Fantasy 9 either.

It has nothing to do with Yu-Gi-Oh whatsoever, but no, it's not required by any means.

Bisnic

OT but did you manage to solve your issue with the game crashing?

I'm surprised you remember that, I mentioned that weeks ago lol.

But, not really..., I stopped using the cheat engine mod, thinking it was the cause, but the game still sometimes goes back to the desktop(without actually crashing), with me being unable to get back to it(I hear sound but that's it). I try to quick save as much as I can.

Majukun

well there's like one or two quest centered around the game..but other than that,you are not missing anything

gwen has nothing in common with yugioh,but it doesn't really have much depth either..after that initial couple of problems,it becomes rather easy to win against the cpu

I'm surprised you remember that, I mentioned that weeks ago lol.

But, not really..., I stopped using the cheat engine mod, thinking it was the cause, but the game still sometimes goes back to the desktop(without actually crashing), with me being unable to get back to it(I hear sound but that's it). I try to quick save as much as I can.
I have a good memory :p
Damn sorry to hear that still occurring. Doesn't seem like it's related to cheat engine mod if the game is still crashing without using it :/ hopefully next patch will help or you manage to solve the issue soon.

Rixxan

The length is possibly the greatest thing about the Witcher 3. It puts most MP games to shame for longevity and is worth every cent of its retail price.

It's certainly one of them

It's probably the only game I can recall playing where I think back on my first hours and feel a real sense of distance, a legitimate adventure and journey happens in the Witcher 3 and it's too rare a thing

Shit, I beat Haddy at Gwent and then the game got stuck while I was browsing through my Gwent deck afterwards.

EDIT: Thank god for Autosaves.

Interfectum

Beat Witcher 3 (PS4) over the weekend. Probably one of my favorite games of all time. I went #TeamTriss but regretted it in the end. Geralt is ment to be with Yenn.

So since I'm going to replay it and go #TeamYenn this time I decided to snag the PC version just to play it on a different platform. And um... holy shit. The difference in the PC and PS4 version is almost generational. After spending 150+ hours on the PS4 version the differences are immediate. Load times cut by 90%, framerate, textures, menu performance and overall engine performance. I should have bought the PC version from the start.

Anyone else play both versions and have the same feeling?

Beat Witcher 3 (PS4) over the weekend. Probably one of my favorite games of all time. I went #TeamTriss but regretted it in the end. Geralt is ment to be with Yenn.

So since I'm going to replay it and go #TeamYenn this time I decided to snag the PC version just to play it on a different platform. And um... holy shit. The difference in the PC and PS4 version is almost generational. After spending 150+ hours on the PS4 version the differences are immediate. Load times cut by 90%, framerate, textures, menu performance and overall engine performance. I should have bought the PC version from the start.

Anyone else play both versions and have the same feeling?

I'm waiting until I can upgrade my GPU. Once I've done that, I'm buying this game again right away.

Bisnic

I have a good memory :p
Damn sorry to hear that still occurring. Doesn't seem like it's related to cheat engine mod if the game is still crashing without using it :/ hopefully next patch will help or you manage to solve the issue soon.

Maybe it's the vendor mod(seperated from cheat engine) i'm still using that makes vendors have a million of gold each(instead of only a few hundreds)...or the one that improves my weight capacity to 9999. Who knows... That bug is so unpredictable.

That will teach me to use mods.

Top Bottom