• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

IKizzLE

Not really feeling the story, seems like your basic generic fantasy cliches all around. Also the world seems really flat coming straight from bb, no mountains or real big changes in elevation at all. The music that plays everywhere depresses me, can't believe it plays in the goddamn cut-scenes and all dialogue scenes as well...

Sounds like you've barely started playing the game. The overarching story itself is pretty straight forward but very emotional. The sidestories that are interwoven with the main story are really good and will lead to some surprising conclusions.

The world is flat because your probably still only in velen, which is a swamp. It's gonna be flat. Novigrad is a huge bustling city and major change of pace. Skellige is an archipelago with plenty of mountains and caves.

I guess music is a personal choice.

Alpende

When I'm playing Gwent I get black screen pop ups. Has anyone had this and how can I prevent this from happening, it's annoying

I got some malware nonsense on my computer today. I'm kind of paranoid so I think I'm going to reformat.

As long as I backup my saves folder, I should be good once I get everything back and installed right?

How do you unlock High Stakes?
Hmm, not sure. I would have thought it would come from the Novigrad Gwent quest. If not, maybe talk to
the Madame at the Passiflora, or Zoltan at the Rosemary & Thyme.

How do you start the new cat quest? I've downloaded it but can't find it in the quest tracker.
Notice board in
Oreton, just north of Fyke Isle in Velen.

Also the world seems really flat coming straight from bb, no mountains or real big changes in elevation at all.
Kaer Morhen is literally in the middle of a mountain range lol

Man, I want a Gwent game for my phone. I'd be playing it constantly.

Monster decks are brutal.

Newcomers often do find monster decks to be brutal (I did too), but once you get serious you'll realize that the Northern Realms deck is by far and beyond the best deck in the game. I'd put Nilfgaard in second place and Monsters in third. Monsters is really fun to play though.

danthefan

I can't launch the game at the moment. I'm getting an error saying can't launch the game because VCOMP110.dll is missing from my computer. I've found a solution that says go into the _redist folder in the Witcher installation and reinstall something in there... but I don't have a _redist folder. And it's not hidden either.

Any advice here on how to get the game going? On Windows 10. Have previously run the game with no issues on Windows 10.

Newcomers often do find monster decks to be brutal (I did too), but once you get serious you'll realize that the Northern Realms deck is by far and beyond the best deck in the game. I'd put Nilfgaard in second place and Monsters in third. Monsters is really fun to play though.

Rocking Foltest the Siegemaster, he's glorious.

Exentryk

Just finished the High Stakes Quest. Quite easy actually, and didn't even have to reload.

But my card collection isn't complete still. Guess I have a few randoms left. The problem is, I am not getting any card drops from NEW innkeepers, armorers etc. Probably a bug =/

Alpende

I'm pretty much done. Haven't discovered every question mark in the game and I'm not gonna bother either. That would turn into a drag so quick and I don't want that. Other than that, played quite a bit of Gwent today and I like it. Can't collect all those cards anymore because I missed out on the missable ones during story quests, hopefully NG+ can fix that. It sucks that the timer for played time is bugged, I really wanted to know how much I played it.

I seriously hope they're gonna add NG+.

Now I finally have time to buy and play Batman :)

Xion385

I'm too addicted to Gwent. I.need.more.cards.

Question: Can random matches award you with duplicate cards? I've been reloading my game when I don't get a Northern Realms card. Is it a waste of time?

Alpende

From what I've read online yes, they can give you duplicate cards and yes reloading gives you different cards.

Edit: Ignore me and listen to LonelyGreyWolf ;)

Question: Can random matches award you with duplicate cards? I've been reloading my game when I don't get a Northern Realms card. Is it a waste of time?

No. Reloading is a waste of time. There is a set number of cards in the game, however the order you get them is random (outside of Gwent quests of course).

Why can't I use Scorch properly? I keep selecting my opponent's cards, yet it destroys my cards.

You don't select a card with scorch. It destroys whatever card has the higher strength, your own or the enemy's (excluding hero cards of course). You have to be smart with what cards you put down.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
No, but you can drop them and they'll just be deleted. Not sure you can rebrew them afterward, but I would imagine so.

But, do you want to get rid of them for weight reasons or just to reduce clutter? If it's the former, you're better off getting rid of the miscellaneous items in the last tab; especially the animal hides.

It's to reduce clutter on the useable items tab and because I never use the items that I want to unload and have no use for them. I have my setup of what I use and don't use. What I really need to do is find the diagrams from the five superior oils that im missing. :(

Welp, that was stupid of me.

A good idea is to always use weather cards, including clear weather, and commanders horns last before you pass. It makes you look weaker than you are to the AI, and it protects you against special cards like scorch.

This is especially useful against monster decks. The opponent might think they're strength is four or five times that of yours and passes, after which you lay down a frost card, use a commanders horn or fire off a dragon. Scorch is king against high-power decks, which would be anything but the monsters deck.

Lunar15

I'm getting close to the Battle at you know where. I'm assuming that's not the end of the game, right?

Also, is Iorveth in this game? Feel free to respond with spoiler tags. I picked the Roche path from witcher 2 for the questions in this game, but I'm really actually not sure what all the choices from witcher 2 did in this game.

I'm getting close to the Battle at you know where. I'm assuming that's not the end of the game, right?

Also, is Iorveth in this game? Feel free to respond with spoiler tags. I picked the Roche path from witcher 2 for the questions in this game, but I'm really actually not sure what all the choices from witcher 2 did in this game.

I assume you mean Kaer Morhen? That's the end of act 2, if I recall correctly (out of three). And no, Iorveth is nowhere to be found, I'm afraid.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Question guys, are there no side quests in Act 3? I'm in
the Final Battle Preparations in Skellige, so I'm curious if I can help Cerys unite the clans or something.

Philippo

Today i will finally start playing this game (PS4), that i bought on Day 1 after years of anticipation and that had to put on hold cause exams session, YAY!

Will probably go highest difficulty + most UI disabled no fast-travel.

Is the Platinum achievable in one playthrough?

Rocking Foltest the Siegemaster, he's glorious.

This has been me and it's pretty solid.

I'm barely into the game at all and it blows me away every chance it gets. I've just ben waiting for the shoe to drop and for their to be a sudden decrease in quality but it just isn't happening.

Still have so so far to go though.

So I just went to the ball with Triss and I have a question before I conitnue.
I want Yeneffer as my romance option so I want to Triss to only be friends but still be alive at the end of the game.
I said no to the kiss in the fountain, and it seems thats that. But she is going away with.
Ive read some things that if you kiss her the quest can continue and you have even the option of not going into a ship far away, but seems that is to romance her.
Im afraid that if I didnt kiss and continue her quest she dies on the background or something.
Can I continue her quest, dont let her go to the ship, and still romance Yeneffer instead of Triss and Triss be alive but just friends at the end?

So I just went to the ball with Triss and I have a question before I conitnue.
I want Yeneffer as my romance option so I want to Triss to only be friends but still be alive at the end of the game.
I said no to the kiss in the fountain, and it seems thats that. But she is going away with.
Ive read some things that if you kiss her the quest can continue and you have even the option of not going into a ship far away, but seems that is to romance her.
Im afraid that if I didnt kiss and continue her quest she dies on the background or something.
Can I continue her quest, dont let her go to the ship, and still romance Yeneffer instead of Triss and Triss be alive but just friends at the end?

Complete all quests involving her and you'll be fine. You'll be given certain options at the end of the quest Now or Never, and you'll know what to pick then.

Complete all quests involving her and you'll be fine. You'll be given certain options at the end of the quest Now or Never, and you'll know what to pick then.

Yeah, Ive read those while looking on the internet, but it didnt make clear if theres an option
where she would still be in the story after doing her quests and refusing her. Or something like Keira that you can send to Kaer Morhen so you know she is safe.
Do i really need to tell her I love you, even if its not true and I want to end with Yeneffer, for her to stay?

Denton

Yeah, Ive read those while looking on the internet, but it didnt make clear if theres an option
where she would still be in the story after doing her quests and refusing her. Or something like Keira that you can send to Kaer Morhen so you know she is safe.
Do i really need to tell her I love you, even if its not true and I want to end with Yeneffer, for her to stay?

Do NOT tell her you love her. She will come to Kaer Morhen later anyway to help out.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Finally caught up with ciri, was that other world where people had metal in their head and flying cars a cyber punk reference?

Like I said: you'll be fine.

If you really don't believe me for some reason and want details:
At the end of the quest, Triss will be sailing away with the magicians. You can tell her to stay and tell her you love her -- or not. Either case, she'll be alive and you'll see her in Kaer Morhen. As long as you complete the quest, regardless of whether you say you love her or not, she will be there. Can't make it more clear than that, my man.

Do NOT tell her you love her. She will come to Kaer Morhen later anyway to help out.

Like I said: you'll be fine.

If you really don't believe me for some reason and want details:
At the end of the quest, Triss will be sailing away with the magicians. You can tell her to stay and tell her you love her -- or not. Either case, she'll be alive and you'll see her in Kaer Morhen. As long as you complete the quest, regardless of whether you say you love her or not, she will be there. Can't make it more clear than that, my man.

Thanks guys.
And no LonelyGreyWolf, I didnt think you were lying lol Just was a little confused about
the game forcing you to kiss her to conitnue the quest, even if you could still say no afterwards.
Now it makes all more sense.

Just a question, checked all the OPs and found nothing:

I've come across a weird bug in the "wild at heart" quest (the one with the werewolf).
I've gotten all the way to the end where you make a choice of showing mercy or not, I decided to let him eat that bitch
but then the game bugged out and looped back to me being asked to make the decision again. Annoyed,
chose to let her live this time
, then just as I'm about to fight the werewolf for the last time he simply disappears and I can't find him anywhere.

From what I can tell I can't finish this quest now at all, has anyone got any experience of this or any solution?

RyudBoy

Damn it, I wish there was an option that allowed me to replay quests. I did the 'In the Heart of the Woods' quest wrong and now I can't get the Woodland Spirit achievement.

Sigh.

When your opponent thinks he's won...

Lfz2HLN.jpg

Siegemaster Foltest, bitchesssss.

gIREOx9.gif

Sijil

Finished the game this morning before leaving to work, clocked in around 182 hours according to Steam, my third most played game after Skyrim and Wargame Red Dragon. Best Fantasy RPG I played since Planescape Torment.

Tho I was disappointing when I had the pro Temeria ending when neither Natalis nor Anais, who was very important in 2, were even mentioned, I half expected Natalis coronating Anais as queen of Temeria.

So, anyone got the missing fireworks bug from the triss ball mission? Ive watching videos and theres fireworks in the sky, but they dont appear on my game(got everything on highest settings). In some loads I hear the fireworks, but the effects are still not visible.

When your opponent thinks he's won...

Siegemaster Foltest, bitchesssss.

gIREOx9.gif

Best damn pack of cards, I never change. Theres one guy that fucks up the siegemaster Foltest cause he has a special that disables other special, but even then I won.
Siegemaster with the multiple siege cards (including the nurse that resurrects the card) and its amazing.

I'm in Skellige, if I finish the quest
Nameless
, will I still be able to go back and do all the side-quests I have piled up from the beginning of the game? Read in one of the wiki guides that I would not be able to but had a few friends tell me I still could.

Prodigal

Banned
Anyone having any issues with the gamma? Seems like cutscenes have the proper dark/light balance but in game it's too light no matter what I do.

Branson

Ugh. Hit the Following the Thread glitch. Cant fast travel anywhere without it crashing. Was getting ready to start Ugly Baby too. Just as I was pulled into this game again it has to take me out. I'm already burnt out and just want to finish the damn thing. Fucking hell. Have to wait for a fix.

Ugh. Hit the Following the Thread glitch. Cant fast travel anywhere without it crashing. Was getting ready to start Ugly Baby too. Just as I was pulled into this game again it has to take me out. I'm already burnt out and just want to finish the damn thing. Fucking hell. Have to wait for a fix.

Now's as good a time as any to take a break. Game will still be there when you come back.

Top Bottom