• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

CoolOff

I want to play this game cause i've heard so much about it but ive never played the others and don't have a clue what it's about. All i know is that it's huge and looks amazing.
Is there a video someone could recommend to make me want to pick up a copy ASAP?

In the first thread there were links to two videos summarizing the events of the first two games. It was more than enough for me.

The game also does explain stuff that feels more catered towards people new to the series.

JoeNut

crazy when you look at the map and zoom out, and think woah thats big, and then it zooms out AGAIN and you realise you're a tiny dot.

I don't thnk im going to have time to play this! can see me finishing it around christmas 2057

Repost for new page,
Shani looks beautiful
header_586x192.jpg
Sorry if this was already answered. But is this part of the Expansion pass? That is what I want to assume.

I've been neglecting contracts so I did a few of them yesterday.
There's more variety than you'd expect from this kind of quest, sometimes you can even solve the problem without fighting.
The fact that sometimes the monsters have witcher gear diagrams in their lairs is also a nice bonus.
Speaking of which, treasure hunts really force you to explore the world, love doing them.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Damn really? I've been to all three main areas and that's still just Act 1?

To be honest, I don't think there is any official word from the developper about what is Act 1 and what is Act 2, etc. It's just how fans decided to label story segments.

"Act 1" is a lot bigger than the other 2. To the point where we might as well call "Search Ciri in Velen" = Act 1, "Search Ciri in Novigrad" = Act 2 and "Search Ciri in Skellige" = Act 3. and the other parts as Act 4 and 5.

But i suppose, since you can complete the search for Ciri parts in different order, that's the only reason players aren't labeling it like that.

Exentryk

Lol, of course there was. The exp bug was very real. The people effected by it didn't get experience for levels higher than their current level, even though they should have. There've been confirmed cases of someone getting the experience retroactively too; as in the glitch held on to the exp and gave it to the player later.

Acting like it never existed is so silly when it was clearly effecting tons of people.

If people encountered it for higher level quests, then fair enough.

To be honest, I don't think there is any official word from the developper about what is Act 1 and what is Act 2, etc. It's just how fans decided to label story segments.

"Act 1" is a lot bigger than the other 2. To the point where we might as well call "Search Ciri in Velen" = Act 1, "Search Ciri in Novigrad" = Act 2 and "Search Ciri in Skellige" = Act 3. and the other parts as Act 4 and 5.

But i suppose, since you can complete the search for Ciri parts in different order, that's the only reason players aren't labeling it like that.

Oh okay, that makes sense -- especially as Skellige seems to be the final destination in the game right?

I'm enjoying it a lot, I got bored of Novigrad after spending so long there, so I headed to Skellige and was part worried, and part happy that i'm closer to the finishing line.

JoeNut

Hmm it looks like ive missed a fair few side quests, i don't know how to activate them i guess you just have to click on every NPC until they ask you to do something.?

Is there a mod which sorts all your quests by distance from current location?

One thing I am HATING with this game is the sense of hopping from A to B to C to D, it's just a sprawling mess at the moment.

No, the acts have been confirmed by the developers iirc. It's from the official guide.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Oh okay, that makes sense -- especially as Skellige seems to be the final destination in the game right?

I'm enjoying it a lot, I got bored of Novigrad after spending so long there, so I headed to Skellige and was part worried, and part happy that i'm closer to the finishing line.

Well... "final", I guess... you'll still go between Velen, Skellige and (don't read if you haven't finish searching for Ciri)
Kaer Morhen
a lot even after doing the search for Ciri part over there. It would be a bit shitty to get stuck in Skellige for the end of Act 1, and the whole of Act 2 and Act 3 don't you think? :p

Why did the drowner set on fire? Holy fuck I will be upgrading Yarden sign as thats OP and amazing. I been prioritising Quen and Igni.

I would assume that his sword did that, not the Yrden sign.

Chance to fire and bleed and increased attack power are the best enhancements to swords imo.

Exentryk

Why did the drowner set on fire? Holy fuck I will be upgrading Yarden sign as thats OP and amazing. I been prioritising Quen and Igni.

My sword has a 5% burn chance. Yrden only slows the enemy down, but yes, it's very useful.
Also, it's hard to see, but the Drowner got frozen with the first sword strike ;)

Exentryk

Did the Ciri alternative costume get taken down for some reason? I successfully downloaded and installed it using this link earlier (haven't looked at it yet though), but this link now seems to be broken and searching the Playstation Store returns nothing:

There was something wrong with that DLC, so CDPR removed it and will be releasing it later.

I can watch the enemies slow fall all day long :D

1436281872-and-we-all-fall-drowners.gif

Sai

Dealing with this bug that Skellige's Coronation quest seems to trigger. The music that plays during the ceremony doesn't stop playing across all of Skellige, even when the fighting starts, unless you leave Skellige altogether. Problem is that even if you load a save in Skellige afterwards, the glitch crops right back up; that music persists.

I do have a save from before King's Gambit, but I really don't want to lose all that progress. :(

Branson

Man. I'm never buying a game like this at launch ever again. I guess it's good I'm only 50% through(Ugly Baby is 50%?). These patches are good stuff. It's going to be hard but you know Fallout 4 is going to be fucked so it's probably good to wait on that as well. (Even though I wish it was obsidian and it would be even more buggy.).

Branson

Are they? I haven't looked up their stats yet. Plan to get it next time I play the game. I seriously doubt it's even better than feline gear, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.
I could be completely wrong but enhanced is better than my enhanced feline

I guess it all comes down to how you play. Wolf is better for sign/sword build which is what I play like. Feline is for faster movement.

Sai

Now I'm not hearing any music after reloading a save in White Orchard. :/

I'll wait and see if this week's patch rectifies this, but I'm going to leave that save in Spikeroog I did before King's Gambit around, just in case.

[EDIT] - ... Nevermind. Just gonna delete the others. I'll do it over. :p

I could be completely wrong but enhanced is better than my enhanced feline

I guess it all comes down to how you play. Wolf is better for sign/sword build which is what I play like. Feline is for faster movement.

Feline is not just "faster movement". It raises your attack power through the roof. Feline gear is very offense and makes you deal enormous amounts of damage, especially since almost every attack you do is a critical hit. Again though I haven't seen stats for Wolf, so maybe it has some good stuff too.

Feline is not just "faster movement". It raises your attack power through the roof. Feline gear is very offense and makes you deal enormous amounts of damage, especially since almost every attack you do is a critical hit. Again though I haven't seen stats for Wolf, so maybe it has some good stuff too.

Increased Sign Intensity and Attack Power is one of the reasons why people prefer the Wolf Armor.

Denton

For those interested, here's full game director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz's Gamelab 2015 panel on how to make The Witcher 3 narrative. Title is "Storytelling as a tool for making open world games", video is in English:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/...e+la+narrativa+de+mundo+abierto+de+Witcher+3/

Really interesting comments and techniques. Tell me if you think it's thread-worthy.

Thanks for the link. Konrad is awesome, though I wish his english was better :)
For some reason the video is stuttering quite unpleasantly, is it my browser ?

slop101

Banned
Are they? I haven't looked up their stats yet. Plan to get it next time I play the game. I seriously doubt it's even better than feline gear, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.
Wolf is definitely the best armor (with cool little missions uncovering the diagrams as well). And considering that Geralt is from The Wolf School of Witchers, it's the most appropriate armor as well.

Subjectively, when fully upgraded to Masterclass, I think it's the best looking armor in the game too.

maxresdefault.jpg

Branson

Wolf is definitely the best armor (with cool little missions uncovering the diagrams as well). And considering that Geralt is from The Wolf School of Witchers, it's the most appropriate armor as well.

Subjectively, when fully upgraded to Masterclass, I think it's the best looking armor in the game too.

maxresdefault.jpg
Yeah. That shit is awesome.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Midriff armour *groan*

Ciri is already so lightly equipped that an armour outfit would appropriately fit the alternate look.

Enhanced Feline armor is the best looking thing in the game. Turtleneck>Everything else.
Then they fuck it up with the Masterclass upgrade cause it just looks like generic armor.

Top Bottom