• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Alright...have mercy, I know this has been asked a hundred times, but I can't find the answer.

Just completed "act 1" aka
Kaer Mohren
...how long till the end if I'm more or less sticking to the main quest? Clocked in about 65 hours on the first act. Not necessarily in a rush, just curious.

Mendrox

Alright...have mercy, I know this has been asked a hundred times, but I can't find the answer.

Just completed act 1...how long till the end if I'm more or less sticking to the main quest? Clocked in about 65 hours on the first act. Not necessarily in a rush, just curious.

12-18 hours at least. You just began the true game.

Thanks!

Skellige really won me over. The way a bunch of the secondary quests just organically flowed into one another was masterful. It was the first time the game reminded me of Witcher 2 in terms of pacing, consequences and sense of place. Everyone talks about the Baron, but I think the whole Clan au Craite story arc was even more impactful.

Has anyone else had quests prematurely spoiled by reading character entry updates? I've had two give away the ending of a quest before actually taking the final action.

Looking forward to 1.07

bbd23

steam is downloading a 2.2GB update

edit:
"That's an update of our artpack (artbook, soundtrack, map, manual, wallpapers etc.). You can check them out by going to: Properties (from Library view)->Local files->Browse local files. Files are in main game folder.

Cheers
Łukasz Babiel, CD Projekt RED"
oh....

dedhead54

I finally grabbed the diagrams for, and crafted, the mastercrafted Feline set.I am finally 100% satisfied with Geralt's appearance. What a great looking armor set. The swords are also as good, or better, than anything I had. This wasn't the case with the basic/superior/enhanced swords when I crafted them.

I haven't even started on the bear set and I am up to enhanced on the griffin set. A little torn on whether I want to max out the griffin and work on the bear. I never considered the bear because I don't have much interest in heavy armor and it would just take up valuable space, but with the announcement that 1.07 will bring stash spots...

Quick question, for people who have finished: What level were you when you finished the main quest? Curious how leveled I am in relation to where I am at in the story. I am level 31 and working on
"Final Preparations"

IKizzLE

Just started collecting wolf gear and got some to mastercrafted and yea, its better than my bear and cat mastercrafted gear and tops out at 34.

I have way too much witcher gear in my inventory...3 different full sets and the blade from the cat witcher. Gonna suck to dismantle all my bear gear (best looking and more damaging overall compared to cat and Griffin) to get all these runes. But atleast the wolf armor looks sick and does even more damage. Passive buffs seem to be a mix of the other three as well (increased attack power, increased sign intensity, increase adrenaline point gain)

Sai

It might be less trouble to just buy the diagrams for the glyphs and runestones and recreate them, instead of reforging your armor.

Also, there's the storage chest coming with the next update. So, if you can hold off a bit, you won't have to get rid of any of your Witcher gear.

hitgirl

I think this might be the first game in a long time that's giving me anxiety. I loved the first and second game, but this game is GIANT. I'm working two jobs right now and it's like a crazy commitment to just turn the game on and play because most quest lines have long legs.

misho8723

Banned
So the next DLC except alt. look for Ciri seems to be new finishers (?)
cGtgOHG.png

Is there a #TeamRosaVanAtre, because Geralt should have gotten some of that?

That quest seemed really unfinished to me. They made it seem as if you would be able to continue giving her lessons, or that there might be some quest regarding her sister if you romanced one of them. It just abruptly ends with no real resolution whether you split amicably or not.

She's also the Nilfgaardian
Ambassadors
daughter, so I assumed something would come of that as well.

That quest seemed really unfinished to me. They made it seem as if you would be able to continue giving her lessons, or that there might be some quest regarding her sister if you romanced one of them. It just abruptly ends with no real resolution whether you split amicably or not.

Ambassadors

Agreed 100%.

Ambassadors

They probably wanted the focus to be on Triss/Yen, but even Triss's romance felt kind of light on content IMO.

I have a question, I just started playing The Witcher 3 today on my XBOX ONE..I am still sorta at the beginning(Going to the Tavern in the White Orchard) was wondering, how do I know when the game is saving(Or auto saving) I didnt notice anything so just want to be sure that when I play the game again it will be where I left off

I have a question, I just started playing The Witcher 3 today on my XBOX ONE..I am still sorta at the beginning(Going to the Tavern in the White Orchard) was wondering, how do I know when the game is saving(Or auto saving) I didnt notice anything so just want to be sure that when I play the game again it will be where I left off

You really should do a manual save every time you turn off the game, if that's what you're asking. Waiting for an auto-save and then turning off immediately after sounds kind of strange, imo.

You really should do a manual save every time you turn off the game, if that's what you're asking. Waiting for an auto-save and then turning off immediately after sounds kind of strange, imo.

How do I do a manual save what do I have to press and how often do I do it? I have no idea at the portion I am in the game if it saved it automatically

aku:jiki

I finally got to start on the books today. Of course the first short story in the first book is a one-page sex scene. Because of course it is.

The translation prose is surprisingly good and even though I'm only about 20 pages in, Geralt is so far exactly the same as in the game. I'm assuming there will be more divergences as I go, but I was grinning through my subway ride as I was basically reading a random tavern encounter from the game. I especially liked that Geralt responds with the dialogue options I would've chosen in the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIlWwuZRyHw

The video is horrible, but the cover itself is fantastic.
We're getting to the point of fan covers and stuff now? I approve of Witcher taking over RPG fandom.

IKizzLE

Have fully mastercrafted Wolf Gear now.

Best looking armor in the game, hands down. Definitely fit in with Lambert and crew now.
Also, its pretty fucking strong...lol.

Completed my last Witcher contract last night. Most of them were good fun and offered more variety than I was expecting. The
level 35 Archgriffin
contract was my last one. I think my favourite might have been the one where the
doppler, godling, rock troll and werewolf decide whether to kill you or not.
I managed to talk them out of it.

oldboss

Huh, seems I'm taking it (too?) slow. Over 200h and barely started The Isles of Mists.

I can't help but stop every few minutes and just look around. What an exceptionally well crafted world it is.

'tis me first Witcher too! Having a ploughin' good time with it.

Reading this makes my blood boil.

My favourite place in the game until now is Undvik (haven't explored all of Skellige yet). Be it the island itself or the atmosphere on it ...
Doing the Lord of Undvik quest right now, whole island is a giant crime-scene .. IT'S FANTASTIC!

Yeah. No such option on the PS4.
Indeed. The save system is clearly something that was designed with the PC version in mind and feels very out of place on consoles, so it doesn't surprise me that some people would be confused by it at first. In the console space it feels a little amateurish TBH (sorry if that sounds harsh) after games like GTA V.

Quite right. They should've made quick save a matter of just swiping in a direction on the PS4 touchpad. In any case, saving does go really fast. It's just a matter of seconds, so it's really not that big of a deal.

Wow, the Fyke Island quest...
Geralt doesn't mix his words when he's telling people how it is does he!

On a lighter note, is there some armour in this game that doesn't make me look like a stripy duvet/

slop101

Banned
On a lighter note, is there some armour in this game that doesn't make me look like a stripy duvet/
Yes, as mentioned earlier - all the Witcher armor, like the one you start out with, which can be upgraded, along with finding diagrams for armor from the different Witcher schools: Bear, Cat, Griffin and Wolf - all look great and have better stats than any other armor, especially when fully upgraded, with Wolf being the best, and Bear a close second.

Here's the Bear and Wolf armors:

A89HKC2.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

j-wood

I have a question regarding the story if someone could clear something up for me (mid-game i think):

I'm in navigrad doing the dandilion stuff. I did the count's treasure quest first, and then get junior. I'm confused on the timeline. So Ciri and dandilion were going to steal the treasure for junior so he would fix that box. They failed, and so junior captured dudu. In the flashback I see ciri and dandilion going to get dudu though? Didn't they actualy steal the treasure and dandilion got caught by menge, hence why he's in prison? Do I just need to keep playing and this will be cleared up?

Top Bottom