• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Midriff armour *groan*

Ciri is already so lightly equipped that an armour outfit would appropriately fit the alternate look.

Yup, I would have preffered she wear some kind of light elven armor unique to her. Maybe given to her by
Avallac'h
, or some other
Elf
from her time in their world.

Davide

Just finished (Novigrad spoilers)
a little bit after the quest where Triss gets tortured. I've heard that doing her personal quest results in her leaving Novigrad and not being there for story missions? Should I avoid it?
And how far am I into the game?

a little bit after the quest where Triss gets tortured. I've heard that doing her personal quest results in her leaving Novigrad and not being there for story missions? Should I avoid it?

You can still do the quest. If you don't want to romance her,(which you should)
she will leave, but be brought back by Yennefer later in the story.

Also, I don't think you're at that particular quest anyway. If you are currently doing
A Matter of Life or Death
, you can do that without consequence.
Now or Never
, is the quest you're thinking of.

Edit: You're actually not too far into the game. You're probably around 55% done.

Do the quest, for the love of god.

And you're not even close to the finish. You're a bit over half of act 1.

Cake Boss

Banned
Is the game 50% main story and 50% side quests??

I kinda feel like doing the main quests first because I feel like the games story is really slow and want to kinda fast forward it a bit so I can see what happens.

Kuldar

So I did the side quest Now or Never with Triss. I said to her
to stay with me and that we should try again but she left. And yes I kissed her in the labyrinth.
The problem is that I have a side quest concerning a soldier statuette and it's asking me to talk to her... so how am I suppose to do this quest?

So I did the side quest Now or Never with Triss. I said to her
to stay with me and that we should try again but she left. And yes I kissed her in the labyrinth.
. The problem is that I have a side quest concerning a soldier statuette and it's asking me to talk to her... so how am I suppose to do this quest?

That isn't the last time you see Triss, don't worry.

GavinUK86

So I just finished the
Battle of Kaer Morhen
quest and HOLY SHIT that was awesome.

Couple questions though.

1) Is it possible to get
Dijkstra or Emhyr to help you
?
2) And is it possible to get
a Skellige army, not just one person, to help
?

I also presume there's no way to
save Vesemir
?

So I just finished the
Battle of Kaer Morhen
quest and HOLY SHIT that was awesome.

Couple questions though.

1) Is it possible to get
Dijkstra or Emhyr to help you
?
2) And is it possible to get
a Skellige army, not just one person, to help
?

I also presume there's no way to
save Vesemir
?

Yes, it's possible to get
Dijkstra
to help you. You had to ask
Menge
about the money when
Triss
was getting
tortured
. He only gives you
money
though, not that great in the grand scheme of things. Emhyr,
never helps because Geralt refuses to let someone else command the soldiers.

In regards to Skellige you only ever get
Hjalmar
, and the guy with him(assuming you saved him). Vesemir always"late game spoiler, do not click if you are not in Act 3 yet"
dies, sad as that may be.

Lunar15

Midriff armour *groan*

Ciri is already so lightly equipped that an armour outfit would appropriately fit the alternate look.

Her original outfit just keeps making me want to reach in and adjust the top on her shoulders. It made sense when she was ragged and running away from something, but once she stays with the Baron, I'd imagine she'd get new clothes, or at least tidy up.

GavinUK86

Yes, it's possible to get
Dijkstra
to help you. You had to ask
Menge
about the money when
Triss
was getting
tortured
. He only gives you
money
though, not that great in the grand scheme of things. Emhyr,
never helps because Geralt refuses to let someone else command the soldiers.

Hjalmar
, and the guy with him(assuming you saved him). Vesemir always"late game spoiler, do not click if you are not in Act 3 yet"
dies, sad as that may be.

Thanks.

Pretty much what I thought.

Hjalmar
, and the guy with him(assuming you saved him).
Actually, from Skellige you can get:
Ermion, Hjalmar, Vigi the Loon, and Folan. The latter 3 are a package deal, depending on what you did in the Lord of Undvik quest (i.e. assuming you saved them all).

See the monsters nest? How do i get there? Seems to be underground when you and whats her face were chasing wild hunt early in game but i cant find it.

You forgot
Ermion

Actually, from Skellige you can get:
Ermion, Hjalmar, Vigi the Loon, and Folan. The latter 3 are a package deal, depending on what you did in the Lord of Undvik quest (i.e. assuming you saved them all).

Completely forgot about
Ermion
, He was actually one of my favorite characters in Skellige. Never found
Folan
though, is he easily missable? Surprised I never found him.

Sai

Are there any genuinely hostile Trolls in this game that you have no choice but to kill? Besides Joe, Jessie, and... Dodger, was it?

I guess those Trolls on Undvik, but they never dropped the loot I was looking for, no matter how many times I reloaded. Need at least one more troll liver, and a mutagen.

Completely forgot about
Ermior
, He was actually one of my favorite characters in Skellige. Never found
Folan
though, is he easily missable? Surprised I never found him.
You have to find him before you take on the Ice Giant with Hjalmar, or he's turned into stew for a bunch of Trolls.

There are two paths that lead away from the spot Hjalmar and his men camped at. The older set of tracks are what lead to Folan.

I liked the guy, seemed pretty level-headed for a Skelliger.

(Lord of Undvik quest spoiler)
I liked the guy, seemed pretty level-headed for a Skelliger.
Yeah
Folan's a pretty cool dude. He's also an excellent archer, so much so that even Geralt is impressed by his skill.
He's a unique character so worth meeting, even if his part is a small one.

RoKKeR

Just finished.

Smiling ear to ear at the ending. Really came to love Ciri's character so I'm glad she made it out alive!
Now I want to go buy the expansion pass...

One question / side quest that I feel I missed was
killing the Redanian King
. I did the first part but then got caught up in the main quest and it sort of... fizzled out, didn't fail just never really updated. What's the deal with that quest? Does it not pan out? I feel like it has significant ramifications for the end so I'd be interested to see how things might change.

All in all, a wonderful game. Too often falls victim to it's own ambition, but it's hard to criticize too harshly here.

RoKKeR

Also just realized that I missed
the Triss romance. I guess if you say "stay" and not "I love you" on the docks that ends the quest line?

And missed the
choosing the emperor sidequest.
Fuck. I started rushing near the end of the main quest because I wanted to see how the main story played out but I guess I just missed that? I did the
first mission where you collect that sky for Roach and co. but after that I didn't get any additional quest prompts... do you just have to wait it out or something?

Ah well, next time. (lol no chance)

I actually liking this Dijkstra guy. Pretty funny in the cutthroat asshole type of way
His voice actor was fantastic (English version).

One question / side quest that I feel I missed was
killing the Redanian King
. I did the first part but then got caught up in the main quest and it sort of... fizzled out, didn't fail just never really updated.
There's a very basic setup mission (late game spoilers)
in Act 1, but the next (and final) part is quite late in the game. It only happens if you're on good terms with Dijkstra though, so if you break his leg (again) you don't get an invite, and their plan presumably fails.

Subjectively, when fully upgraded to Masterclass, I think it's the best looking armor in the game too.

I'm still a fan of Bear armor, but.... wolf does look pertty good.

19487854546_1c80040ec4_o.jpg

RoKKeR

His voice actor was fantastic (English version).

There's a very basic setup mission (late game spoilers)
in Act 1, but the next (and final) part is quite late in the game. It only happens if you're on good terms with Dijkstra though, so if you break his leg (again) you don't get an invite, and their plan presumably fails.
Ah ha, well that explains it. Thanks for the clarification.

A dude just asked the exact same question on the last page. I'll say the same to you: you're still in act 1 and have a long way to go.

Are you serious? I felt like I was nearing the end since I'm maxing out all of my potions and my gwent deck feels unstoppable.

So this really is a 200 hour game? I'm around 90 and have been doing everything I can do.

Are you serious? I felt like I was nearing the end since I'm maxing out all of my potions and my gwent deck feels unstoppable.

So this really is a 200 hour game? I'm around 90 and have been doing everything I can do.

Act 1 is way longer than Act 2 and 3 combined.
It's because people tend to finish every side quests, contracts, treasure hunts and other activities in act 1. It's a 100 hour game on the average.

Pretty much. I have put my time into collecting every card since starting a second playthrough.

Yeah I did that, too. But then I realised that I just rushed through everything to get my next Card. So after I platinumed the game I started a third Playthrough and now i'm taking my time with everything.

Yeah I did that, too. But then I realised that I just rushed through everything to get my next Card. So after I platinumed the game I started a third Playthrough and now i'm taking my time with everything.

I rushed through the main story and a bunch of quests in my first playthrough. It felt so wrong that I did not even complete that one and just started anew.

danowat

Banned
So what do you do if you've already installed the Alt-Ciri DLC?

You can't uninstall it because it will break your savegame.

I rushed through the main story and a bunch of quests in my first playthrough. It felt so wrong that I did not even complete that one and just started anew.

On my first Playthrough I was very thoroughly with everything but didn't bother with Gwent at the beginning. After a while I realised that I want the Platinum Trophy in this Game so I had no other possibility as to start a new one and collect all the Gwent Cards.

Now on my third Playthrough I'm very thorough with everything, except the POI in Skellige. But we'll see when I'm actually there if I want to collect them all or not.

Berto

Act 1 is way longer than Act 2 and 3 combined.
It's because people tend to finish every side quests, contracts, treasure hunts and other activities in act 1. It's a 100 hour game on the average.
I'm at 102 hours and I'm still looking for Ciri :D

Please game, never end :(

Philippo

Wow how can some play this with minimap disabled? There's so much on screen that i'd hardly notice vendors, let alone quests.
I'm debated to wether keep ? on the map or not: on one hand i'd like to find them naturally by exploring so that it doesn't like "go there, do that", but on the other hand, when yesterday i left WO, i opened them up and noticed i left a lot untouched and i don't want to miss that stuff...

Also couple of questions:

-How alchohols do exactly work? I noticed there are a lot of them, but it seems only Alcholest is used to replenish potions. Also, what materials are used to replenish bombs? There's so much in the inventory i can't keep track of everything

-Is there a way of having a steady flow of food?

Älg

-How alchohols do exactly work? I noticed there are a lot of them, but it seems only Alcholest is used to replenish potions. Also, what materials are used to replenish bombs? There's so much in the inventory i can't keep track of everything

Bombs and potions are both replentished when meditating with the right alcohol in your inventory. There are many alcohols that replentish boms and potions:

Alcholest
Temerian Rye
Dwarven Spririt
Nildgaardian lemon
Redanian Herbal

They are used in a certain order, where Alcholest is used first. I don't know the rest of it. There may be some more alcohols that I missed.

Exentryk

Wow how can some play this with minimap disabled? There's so much on screen that i'd hardly notice vendors, let alone quests.
I'm debated to wether keep ? on the map or not: on one hand i'd like to find them naturally by exploring so that it doesn't like "go there, do that", but on the other hand, when yesterday i left WO, i opened them up and noticed i left a lot untouched and i don't want to miss that stuff...

Turn off the "?", but since you don't want to miss stuff, you can always turn them on once you've fully explored the area to your satisfaction. That's what I did.

And minimap turned off works well, but it might be more convenient to have it on when you're doing contracts or some quests. Otherwise, opening the full map to check stuff is sufficient.

Top Bottom