• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Exentryk

Got Card Collector trophy. Thought my game was bugged, but turned out that I missed an innkeeper (Harviken).

ttPL3ed.png

j-wood

Holy shit.

I thought I was almost done with the game.

I thought the main quest was really searching for Ciri in the 3 areas and then the final was going to be where you found her. I'm at the part where I need to do the play to get dude and i'm only almost done with ACT FUCKING 1?!

This game.

Quick question. About to end Act I with the Quest
Isle of Mists
and I got the warning that I am hitting a point of no return regarding side quests. I am assuming this only effects side quests that effect the main characters, especially those related to the quest
Brothers In Arms
. Just want to double check I won't lose access to other sidequests, Witcher contracts, etc.

Isle of Mists
and I got the warning that I am hitting a point of no return regarding side quests. I am assuming this only effects side quests that effect the main characters, especially those related to the quest
Brothers In Arms
. Just want to double check I won't lose access to other sidequests, Witcher contracts, etc.

That's correct. Only quests involving main characters are affected. Also make sure you have finished the quest
A Deadly Plot
, and found " returning character spoiler"
Letho, assuming you chose to let him live in the questionnaire.
All contracts, and regular side quests will remain.

mitchman

Gold Member
Isle of Mists
Brothers In Arms

Yes, it only applies to main characters.

hitgirl

^ I think I might go bear for my alchemist build.

I cant' beat the Baron in GWENT. Getting stomped because my deck is what I start with in the game. Any tips on building the starting deck? Want to beat him before I complete his questline.

Just watch how all the CDPR forum whiners about the patch still not being released will absolutely adore them when it hits tomorrow. Patch 1.05 released on Friday as well.

That forum is quite abysmal. I find it amazing that CDPR is still active on that forum and are actually pushing update after update. I would have abandoned their asses weeks ago.

I'm just now getting around to downloading the Wolf armor DLC. Where do I go to trigger the scavenger hunt?

Gotta buy the maps from armorers/blacksmiths in the game.

Eibhear Hattori, the Master Blacksmith of Novigrad sells two of the maps.
The Blacksmith of Lindenvale sells one map.
The Armorer in Novigrad square sells one map.
The Armorer in Kaer Trolde Castle sells one map.
The Blacksmith in Kaer Muire sells one map.

Then head to
Kaer Morhen

Then head to
Kaer Morhen

I probably should have added the former as well.

It is crazy that CDPR actually scattered those maps instead of it being purchased by one vendor.

dedhead54

Then head to
Kaer Morhen

Wow.
Didn't expect them to be so spread out.
Thanks.

I'm a level 10 now, what weapons or armor should I be trying to get?

Griffin is ugly, but good if you're going for a sign build. Feline is amazing if you're going for a fast attack build. Bear is excellent if you want to be shitty, slow and would rather take hits than dodge/parry. Wolf is sweet but I don't think you can get it yet.

Indeed. The save system is clearly something that was designed with the PC version in mind and feels very out of place on consoles, so it doesn't surprise me that some people would be confused by it at first. In the console space it feels a little amateurish TBH (sorry if that sounds harsh) after games like GTA V.

What is confusing about hitting the start button and selecting save? That's how it's done in 99% of all games. Now if your lamenting the lack of a quick save I can understand that.

For those that don't know. If you are playing on PC with a controller you can download antimicro and program the Xbox guide button to be quick save. Hell. there is a superior control configuration than the standard one on the Nexus that'll let you do a lot more than what CDPR designed around the controller.

I'm a level 10 now, what weapons or armor should I be trying to get?

At this level: basic Griffin gear. Then, at level 14, switch to basic Feline and keep upgrading it until you reach the point in the story where you can get the Wolf gear. Then, use Wolf for the rest of the game. All imho, of course :)

d3vnull

Apparently they toned down the sex scenes shortly before release.

NSFW
http://s020.radikal.ru/i700/1506/4b/86f51212e67d.gif

I really don't care that much about sex scenes in games, but the stuff in W3 was a step down compared to what we got in W2.
I mean, beside the intro scene almost every encounter (love interests and prostitutes alike) is the same with the hand touching the but.

Again, I don't mind it that much, but it is a bit disappointing for a company like CDPR to follow the American way. Instead we got more violence and gore.

Apparently they toned down the sex scenes shortly before release.

NSFW
http://s020.radikal.ru/i700/1506/4b/86f51212e67d.gif

I really don't care that much about sex scenes in games, but the stuff in W3 was a step down compared to what we got in W2.
I mean, beside the intro scene almost every encounter (love interests and prostitutes alike) is the same with the hand touching the but.

Again, I don't mind it that much, but it is a bit disappointing for a company like CDPR to follow the American way. Instead we got more violence and gore.

This is the biggest game CPDR has ever made, I just think that they didn't want to risk any bad publicity. Maybe it would have flown under the radar, maybe not. GTA basically has Roose Bolton levels of plot armor at this point, so they can get away with most things, but a smaller dev like CD Red? Not so much.

It's unfortunate that they had to compromise their vision, no matter how insignificant it may seem but in the end, we still got a fantastic game.

Älg

I had both mastercrafted with specs to play out there strengths and bear wrecks enemies quicker than cat, even with all the cruticals. And your constantly safe.

The biggest issue with Bear Armor is that it's heavy, meaning that you get hella slow stamina regeneration.

Älg;171416593 said:
The biggest issue with Bear Armor is that it's heavy, meaning that you get hella slow stamina regeneration.

I think you're supposed to counter this effect with the skill that lets you use adrenaline instead of stamina for signs. I've never used it myself, but apparently it works very well, because Bear armor increases your adrenaline point gain (the full mastercrafted set gives you +90% adrenaline point gain!).

Korosenai

Griffin is ugly, but good if you're going for a sign build. Feline is amazing if you're going for a fast attack build. Bear is excellent if you want to be shitty, slow and would rather take hits than dodge/parry. Wolf is sweet but I don't think you can get it yet.

At this level: basic Griffin gear. Then, at level 14, switch to basic Feline and keep upgrading it until you reach the point in the story where you can get the Wolf gear. Then, use Wolf for the rest of the game. All imho, of course :)

Sounds good, thank you guys. I'll go for Griffin first since I just hit level 10 and not that far in the game.

edit: I really need meteorite ore... any idea where to get some?

Älg

I think you're supposed to counter this effect with the skill that lets you use adrenaline instead of stamina for signs. I've never used it myself, but apparently it works very well, because Bear armor increases your adrenaline point gain (the full mastercrafted set gives you +90% adrenaline point gain!).

I never actually though of that. Is that a high level skill or can you get it early on?

Älg;171429848 said:
I never actually though of that. Is that a high level skill or can you get it early on?

It's one of the yellow skills, so you can get it immediately. I never paid attention to adrenaline in my playthrough (tbh, I'm still not sure what it does after 125 hours of playtime, lol), but, apparently, an effective Bear School build strongly relies on adrenaline.

It's one of the yellow skills, so you can get it immediately. I never paid attention to adrenaline in my playthrough (tbh, I'm still not sure what it does after 125 hours of playtime, lol), but, apparently, an effective Bear School build strongly relies on adrenaline.

It increases your attack power, and can be used for special attacks like whirlwind. There's a red skill too that consumes all three adrenaline points in favor of boosting your next sign to max.

Christ that trenchcoat armor is gorgeous. Going to attempt crafting that shit up tomorrow.

I got this game a month and a half ago and it's literally just clicking with me, Fucking superb game.

IKizzLE

Älg;171416593 said:

Doesn't matter. With Bear, you build adrenaline so fast that you can constantly cast signs and do whirl with impunity. Just have the passive skill that lets you cast signs with Adrenaline, the build adrenaline faster skill that builds adrenaline when you cast signs and the attribute from the red tree that starts you off with one adrenaline point and 25% increase in adrenaline gain and you literally become a juggernaut.

Bear is all momentum based, once you start attacking, you don't stop until what ever is in front of you dies. No need to dodge. For example, pop quen then do whirl on any large enemy and you will build 3 adrenaline points in about 2 seconds. From there, you can constantly do Rend/Whirl/Quen non stop until they are dead without dodging, and build more adrenaline quicker than your expending it in the process. For lesser enemies, they fall very quickly because of the high dismember boosts and high critical hit damage buffs.

Literally, the only thing Cat has over Bear outside of stamina regen is a high critical hit chance but that is nullified when you are a spinning death machine attacking 10x every 2 seconds with infinite shield. Bear has higher critical hit damage buffs and constant adrenaline, so on average I was doing 66% more damage when criting compared to Cat.

With all that said, Mastercrafted Wolf is still better than Bear lol. Wolf is insane with the correct passives. And its the best looking IMO.
11709617_10154015866838662_147957482028758359_n.jpg

11667370_10154015866733662_2738209884446068193_n.jpg

IKizzLE

Adrenaline increases attack power and will substitute your stamina guage when its empty with the right passives. (Signs, special attacks, etc). Bear builds adrenaline instantly. It's the Juggernaut RPG archetype.

Philippo

Lv5 in Velen, is it normal that most of the equip is still at Lv1-2, and all the receipts for crafting are higher?
Also, still unsure which type of armor to roll, so in the meanwhile i just out on a bit of everything.

Got my Mastercrafted Feline Armour last night. Looks really nice. Think I'm getting relatively close to the end now. Just did the
Time and Space quest where you travel between worlds. Absolutely loved this quest. The desert world and ice worlds looked spectacular.

misho8723

Banned
This is the biggest game CPDR has ever made, I just think that they didn't want to risk any bad publicity. Maybe it would have flown under the radar, maybe not. GTA basically has Roose Bolton levels of plot armor at this point, so they can get away with most things, but a smaller dev like CD Red? Not so much.

It's unfortunate that they had to compromise their vision, no matter how insignificant it may seem but in the end, we still got a fantastic game.

Well, in Europe that scene would be ok.. the problem is US and I think they didn't wanted to have the same situation like with TW1, where there was the standart EU version and the censored US version (even though they have the censored - is it Arabian ? - version)

Top Bottom