• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Yeef

Does anything ever come of sparing the
Nilfgaardian soldier during the Ves and Roche quest
? I killed him, but I'm curious if letting him live leads to any later events or troubles.

Bishop89

just beat the game (finally! lol)

I am so happy I got the ending I wanted
ciri becoming a witcher

That was the perfect ending to me, nothing else would have put a smile on my face.

Damn it, I had to tell Yennefer that
i don't love her, she was the one I wanted but I got carried away because I wanted to bang Triss lol.

Alpende

What happens after everything? You can still play as Geralt or is it like "no way back" ? Because the game doesn't tell you if he actually died or not, I know, he had no swords but at level 33 you can pretty much use fists/Igni/Quen/Bomb/Crossbow against drowners, ghouls, alghouls and easily win, right?
?

Pretty sure you can play as him again.
The game just 'resets' itself after the ending
. For example, in my ending
Radovid killed all kinds of alchemist and whatnot in Novigrad, yet they were still alive after I started playing

Trojan

I think I already told Triss that I loved her
and told her to come back from the boat
, but since then I'm feeling more like I want to be on #TeamYen. Can I switch at this point to Yen or will that have negative story consequences?

I think I already told Triss that I loved her
and told her to come back from the boat
, but since then I'm feeling more like I want to be on #TeamYen. Can I switch at this point to Yen or will that have negative story consequences?
You've made your bed, now you have to lie in it.
If you tell them both that you love them, then it will not go well. That's a good lesson for life :p

blackjaw

Beat it after 80 hours last night!!

got the witcher ending....was kinda sad that ciri might have died and Geralt was making a sword for a "grave", then the tavern scene happened and I was really excited.

Such a great ending to a fantastic game. Geralt and Yen chilling in their room after...temeria being whole again...cerys bringing peace to the isles...and of course ciri becoming a famous witcher...really endearing ending to a wonderful game

Branson

got the witcher ending....was kinda sad that ciri might have died and Geralt was making a sword for a "grave", then the tavern scene happened and I was really excited.

Such a great ending to a fantastic game. Geralt and Yen chilling in their room after...temeria being whole again...cerys bringing peace to the isles...and of course ciri becoming a famous witcher...really endearing ending to a wonderful game

80 hours? You didnt do much side stuff did you? I'm at 71 and just got done with the Ugly Baby quest and am at KM and apparently I'm only at 50%.

On my second playthrough and I just now encountered those cannibals in Velen.

Those 2-3 camps in one small area with cadavers and human bodies sitting in a very weird position. They are crazy.

Just started this after finishing up Arkham Knight. Game runs REALLY well on a 970 but I can't help but feel like the sense of scale is off? The way you're almost as tall as a tree sometimes is kinda crazy.

Anyways i'm getting that Skyrim feel again where you constantly get side tracked by side quests and it's fucking awesome.

Bessy67

Anyone know how to get to the point of interest near Udalryk's old house? There's a locked door in the house that might get me over there but I don't have a key...

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

And on an unrelated note, are there quests that are missable if I continue the main story? I'm on Ugly Baby and I'm already super overleveled for it but I don't want to miss out on any sidequests, which have for the most part been awesome.

TheAssist

Every game should have the option to turn off "questionmarks" or any undiscovered locations. I feel that I could enjoy the game much more this way. Exploration feels more natural and you dont feel like a rat in a really easy labyrinth.

The constant drive to explore everything in games can completely ruin a game, especially when it just feels like ticking off checkboxes.
I probably missed alot of small stuff, but in the end most of it isnt important anyway. The game felt more focused and discovery was more fun.

blackjaw

80 hours? You didnt do much side stuff did you? I'm at 71 and just got done with the Ugly Baby quest and am at KM and apparently I'm only at 50%.

I did at first and then really loved the main story and stopped really questing from level 22 on...so tons of those level quests around.

As a fan of the books the main story was everything I wanted...just couldn't stop moving forward.

I'm working through those side quests and contracts right now...probably another 40-80+ hours of "post" game time just exploring

Ennosuke

Holy shit this game is amazing. Playing this since May and usually SP don't keep me excited this month. Just finished the main quest on skellige isles. Still some exploring there to do.

Can someone tell me how much of the main story I have completed by now?

Anyone know how to get to the point of interest near Udalryk's old house? There's a locked door in the house that might get me over there but I don't have a key...
You can jump and grab the ledges right next to the house.

Took me a while to get it as well, I went around the whole mountain :p

ledge4ionh.png

You can jump and grab the ledges right next to the house.

Took me a while to get it as well, I went around the whole mountain :p

http://abload.de/img/ledge4ionh.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I remember looking for that as well. I went all over the place. Never found a way up there. I figured it was related to a later quest as there's a door not too far away that's locked and leads into the mountain. I'm pretty sure I tried those ledges too (and jumping onto the roof) but nothing worked, lol.

Just did the Jorund quest, the one with the lighthouse at Skellige.
Worst scene in the whole game. Why the fuck force that shit?

Is there a problem (does the outcome open more quests) for finishing after all the other skellige missions? Im optiong for leaving it until I finish everything.

That's what I thought too, but it does work (before I walked around the mountain)

http://abload.de/img/ledge241sha.png[MG][/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm sorry, I made it come off as though I didn't believe you. That wasn't my intention. I believe you, it was probably a wanky hitbox or something that prevented me from climbing up.

Finally finished last night. I think that's probably the longest consecutive time I've played a single player game. Thankfully I got the
Ciri becomes a Witcher ending.
I usually end up a bit disappointed by the endings of most western RPGs but I really liked the ending. Fantastic job by CDPR.

Denton

I'm not ashamed. I got a lot of game shirts, it would just be weird of me to wear a Witcher 3 shirt when I haven't played any of the games. That's what I was referring to.

Hah, sorry then, I misunderstood.
Well, what the hell are you doing, not playing Witcher 3 ? Get to it ASAP! :)

Every game should have the option to turn off "questionmarks" or any undiscovered locations. I feel that I could enjoy the game much more this way. Exploration feels more natural and you dont feel like a rat in a really easy labyrinth.

The constant drive to explore everything in games can completely ruin a game, especially when it just feels like ticking off checkboxes.
I probably missed alot of small stuff, but in the end most of it isnt important anyway. The game felt more focused and discovery was more fun.

In my opinion CDP made a design mistake by leaving PoI question marks enabled by default. It really does undermine exploration. But I guess they wanted to make the game more casual friendly.
I am just glad I could disable them immediately.

blackjaw

Finally finished last night. I think that's probably the longest consecutive time I've played a single player game. Thankfully I got the
Ciri becomes a Witcher ending.
I usually end up a bit disappointed by the endings of most western RPGs but I really liked the ending. Fantastic job by CDPR.

That ending was the best....felt so fulfilled after.

In my opinion CDP made a design mistake by leaving PoI question marks enabled by default. It really does undermine exploration. But I guess they wanted to make the game more casual friendly.
I am just glad I could disable them immediately.

I'm sure that if they weren't on by default, someone would've made a GAF thread saying that the world of Witcher 3 feels empty and how there's nothing to do. The PoI's being on by default is probably CDPR's way of saying: "look, the world is filled with stuff to do!". And like you said it does make it more casual friendly, definitely.

Cyborg

Question about the ending I need help:

What is the best ending?
Do I make Ciri become a Witcher or Empress
I want a happy ending btw

slop101

Banned

What is the best ending?
Witcher
all the way!

Okay, so I'm going for it! They've earned my trust, so I'm getting the W3 season pass - it'll save me $5 and they'll get my support now rather than later. I've only ever gotten a season pass twice; Borderlands 2 and Bioshock Infinite. I figure this will join one of the very few games where the season pass will be worth it.

What is the best ending?

They're both good endings in their own way. I personally preffered the
Empress
ending, though not many may agree with me.

What is the best ending?

Subjective, but I just beat the game and I saw Ciri becoming a Witcher and I was happy as fuck. I didn't know she could become an Empress until after I beat the game and read about the different endings. Wouldn't change a thing, fuck Emhyr.

Exentryk

Man, I've been really dragging my feet last few days as I'm running out of things to do. Only have the main quest left, but I don't really want the game to end. =/

slop101

Banned
Subjective, but I just beat the game and I saw Ciri becoming a Witcher and I was happy as fuck. I didn't know she could become an Empress until after I beat the game and read about the different endings. Wouldn't change a thing, fuck Emhyr.
Agreed.

See, I think of it this way; Ciri has two father figures. Based on that, which father-figure is the one who's been the most influential and the one who's footsteps she would most likely follow? I'll give you a hint, the series is called "Witcher".

Agreed.

See, I think of it this way; Ciri has two father figures. Based on that, which father-figure is the one who's been the most influential and the one who's footsteps she would most likely follow? I'll give you a hint, the series is called "Witcher".
Ending discussion:
Having played the Empress ending, that one seems to be the most developed. It seems to be the longest and have the most elaborate playable section and dialogue.

I quite like it because I view it differently to most: whereas the Witcher ending is Ciri getting what she wants, the Empress ending is Ciri making a conscious choice to put aside her own desires in order to try and make the world a better place. I see the two endings as selfishness vs selflessness.

There is something inherently wrong with the game's difficulty spike on Death March when between the Level 1-10 range. I am currently sitting at Level 6 and Level 1 enemies seem to hit just as hard as Level 7's.

And then some Gargoyle pops up and it one hit kills me while it is Level 6.

This just leads to frustration.

slop101

Banned
Ending discussion:
Having played the Empress ending, that one seems to be the most developed. It seems to be the longest and have the most elaborate playable section and dialogue.

I quite like it because I view it differently to most: whereas the Witcher ending is Ciri getting what she wants, the Empress ending is Ciri making a conscious choice to put aside her own desires in order to try and make the world a better place. I see the two endings as selfishness vs selflessness.
Sure, and I don't necessarily disagree, but that's just not staying true to the character and her history. She's always done her own thing, almost selfishly, and she's not someone who would ever assume that she's the one to "make the world a better place" - I don't see that thought crossing her mind.

What happens after everything? You can still play as Geralt or is it like "no way back" ? Because the game doesn't tell you if he actually died or not, I know, he had no swords but at level 33 you can pretty much use fists/Igni/Quen/Bomb/Crossbow against drowners, ghouls, alghouls and easily win, right?
?

Well, what happens is
the game returns you to Kaer Morhen, and tells you that everything is as it was before you started the ending quests of the games and the mainline quest is finished but you can go out and find more contracts, finish up quests, etc.

Honestly, I read about the other endings and I wouldn't change a fucking thing. It was so good and perfect and sad, much like Red Dead Redemption.

Yeef

There is something inherently wrong with the game's difficulty spike on Death March when between the Level 1-10 range. I am currently sitting at Level 6 and Level 1 enemies seem to hit just as hard as Level 7's.

And then some Gargoyle pops up and it one hit kills me while it is Level 6.

This just leads to frustration.
Quen is your best friend on Death March. No matter what you're doing, always have Quen up. it doesn't matter if you're wandering around, playing Gwent or just talking to an NPC; always have Quen up.

Quen is your best friend on Death March. No matter what you're doing, always have Quen up. it doesn't matter if you're wandering around, playing Gwent or just talking to an NPC; always have Quen up.

I know. I have been using the same skill on my first playthrough and the bubble+exploding shield combo did wonders.

But still.. The spike is weird. There is no reason that one level 1 enemy should hit as hard as a level 6-7 enemy.

Whow Boy that was fast. It took me about 240 hours to complete my first Playthrough, and after that I instantly started another one.

Edit: Damn double Post. It seem everyone is still sleeping.

Top Bottom