• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

rififi

AFAIK Birna and her son are not anywhere in Skellige to interact with.

Birna can be found later in the story, but you can't really interact with her:
Depending on the choices made in the King's Gambit, she can be found dead - chained to a rock, surrounded by ravens and sirens, near a treasure point of interest along the shoreline of Ard Skellig between Fayrlund and Sund

Exentryk

Found this mod on Nexus. Puts Feline stats on Bear armor. YESSSS!!!

ijMuUdL.png

Kvik

Monster Contract: Bargaining.

Geralt: This contract is going to be difficult, I'm asking for 30 crowns more.

The Ealdorman of the poorest hovels in Velen: Shit, worth every penny. Agreed.
A well-respected Novigrad merchant where business is booming: Too rich for my blood. (75% annoyance meter)

Not that my Geralt is starved for Crowns in any way, though.

Exentryk

A well-respected Novigrad merchant where business is booming: Too rich for my blood. (75% annoyance meter)

Yup, haggling is completely pointless.

Well you could argue that the Ealdorman is poor because he's always giving extra crowns away and the Novigrad merchant is rich because he doesn't come off crowns easily.

It's been a while so I could be remembering wrong, but there's a merchant in a cage on a half-island in middle-south-eastern Velen, north-east of Fyke Isle. I can't remember if that's the Midcopse guy or someone else, but he sells a bunch of cards and some people have experienced glitches with him.

Thanks again for this. Released him and managed to finish my Nilfgaard deck. Looks like I'm going to have a bit of trouble with the Scoia'tael deck now. Apparently there's a few I'm missing from random wins despite the fact I thought I'd beaten pretty much everyone.

Ciri's getting a cool new outfit this week.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJ3kL0lWEAQFoc3.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeh, old news, this is the second time they release it. Let's hope it doesn't crash the game this time ;b

Also, it's not that cool :( most people criticized it for cleavage and they're right. It's funny how everyone feels like a father to Ciri but that's what the game does to you, hehe.

Yeh, old news, this is the second time they release it. Let's hope it doesn't crash the game this time ;b

Also, it's not that cool :( most people criticized it for cleavage and they're right. It's funny how everyone feels like a father to Ciri but that's what the game does to you, hehe.

Yeah, look at all that boob!
Those people probably know very little about the character.

Philippo

Man, quests in this game are soooo well written.
I mean, Blood Baron's quests, goddamn.
Tower of Mice was another favourite of mine, but so are most of the quests, still haven't found a boring one yet.

I'm now undecided on what to choose for Ladies of the Woods, if to
kill or not the Spirit Tree
Sadly, i already know the output, and so the choice is hard to make since both have though consequences. Pending towards
setting it free, because i don't like the Ladies and their mindset

I'm now undecided on what to choose for Ladies of the Woods, if to
kill or not the Spirit Tree
Sadly, i already know the output, and so the choice is hard to make since both have though consequences. Pending towards
setting it free, because i don't like the Ladies and their mindset
There's one interesting option for that quest. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I probably will on my next playthrough:
if you visit the tree spirit before you ever meet the witches, you can free it without it leading to the death of Anna and the Baron. I'm not sure what that means for the fate of the children and the village though.

The armor design is stupid. You don't need to know anything about the character to criticize armor that exposes your gut and is conveniently unfastened over the chest.

I'm talking about the issue of showing skin since he mentioned the word cleavage and implied it's a sexualized design, not something Ciri would lose sleep over is what I'm saying.
As for the protection it provides, I was only talking about the visual aspect when I said it looks cool, not about how much protection it provides or whatever.
But don't let me stop anyone from getting mad about it.

I'm talking about the issue of showing skin since he mentioned the word cleavage and implied it's a sexualized design, not something Ciri would lose sleep over is what I'm saying.
As for the protection it provides, I was only talking about the visual aspect when I said it looks cool, not about how much protection it provides or whatever.
But don't let me stop anyone from getting mad about it.

Right, and I'm saying it is a sexualized design.

I can buy the iffy "sorceresses are really ugly but they use magic to look super hot and wear revealing clothing to get what they want" excuse for the other women. I don't buy Ciri wearing this, at all.

Even her default outfit has that stupid "oops, I forgot to fasten my shirt" window into her underwear.

Right, and I'm saying it is a sexualized design.

I can buy the iffy "sorceresses are really ugly but they use magic to look super hot and wear revealing clothing to get what they want" excuse for the other women. I don't buy Ciri wearing this, at all.

Even her default outfit has that stupid "oops, I forgot to fasten my shirt" window into her underwear.

You clearly know very little about the character.

/sarcasm

You clearly know very little about the character.

/sarcasm

You can throw around all the half-assed sarcasm you want and I'm not one to defend fan-service for the sake of it like people defending Quiet's design in MGSV, but this is something that definitely fits into what Ciri usually wears.
There aren't many moments in the books where she has the luxury of deciding what to wear but when she does she's always wearing light clothes that can be perceived as slightly provocative, even though at that time of her life she's purposefully getting into trouble on a daily basis and the risk of a fight is around the corner 24/7.
She doesn't give a fuck. She likes to provoque and she's arrogant on top of it.
In the game you only see her as a child and then as an adult when she's doing nothing but running from the Hunt but there's a lot more to her than that.

Finding it so hard to balance playing this with Batman. I want to play both so badly... at the same time. Ugh.

I'll stick to linear games for a while after I'm done with this lol.
Can't tackle another open world game right after, let alone at the same time.
Just bought The Evil Within for a tenner from gmg, that will do nicely.

I'm finishing up Act 1 and am doing the quest "The Last Wish". It's a pretty interesting quest because it made me actually think about the implications of what it was bringing up. Spoilers to follow based on this stage of the game:

Going into the game I felt like I was just going to go with Triss since I did the Rose of Remembrance in W2 and wanted to be consistent, but I very quickly found the game to pretty explicitly spell out that Geralt is all about Yen and that they have an extensive history together. Geralt is practically head over heels for her, well insofar as Geralt can get emotional and romantic that is. Obviously this is no surprise to purveyors of the broader universe, and Triss does mention that she took advantage of his lost memory on this matter, but I mean damn. As they lay dying together pre-W1 Ciri took them to some magical world where they can be together eternally? That's some serious fairy tale love shit. Kind of hard to rationalize any way in which Geralt would ever go with Triss once Yen reentered the picture and his memory came back.

That was until I started this "Last Wish" quest. I thought Yen was just seeking power to help Ciri, but I was pretty surprised that she was concerned that Geralt's earlier wish "to be together forever" was keeping them magically joined and therefore their love wasn't real. That said, I get the sense it's more about laying a foundation so that a player can choose Triss without completely flying in the face of established canon (otherwise you could arguably complain that Triss shouldn't even be an option available to the player). But even with this 'out' their love seems pretty set in stone, after all, Yen and Geralt were a thing long before he made that wish.

All the stuff that seems to bother players about Yen are all things that Geralt already knew about and loved her for anyway, although I can see how players would gravitate towards someone is more outwardly affectionate. It definitely feels like the game is constantly informing the player, "Hey Yen is and always has been canon, Triss was only involved because of your memory being gone and the game's needing a love interest, but I guess if you really want to be with her anyway, that's partially our fault for not more clearly establishing Yen's existence and history with you earlier. Here's an plot device to solve the illogical nature of your bad choice."

I'm finishing up Act 1 and am doing the quest "The Last Wish". It's a pretty interesting quest because it made me actually think about the implications of what it was bringing up. Spoilers to follow based on this stage of the game:

Going into the game I felt like I was just going to go with Triss since I did the Rose of Remembrance in W2 and wanted to be consistent, but I very quickly found the game to pretty explicitly spell out that Geralt is all about Yen and that they have an extensive history together. Geralt is practically head over heels for her, well insofar as Geralt can get emotional and romantic that is. Obviously this is no surprise to purveyors of the broader universe, and Triss does mention that she took advantage of his lost memory on this matter, but I mean damn. As they lay dying together pre-W1 Ciri took them to some magical world where they can be together eternally? That's some serious fairy tale love shit. Kind of hard to rationalize any way in which Geralt would ever go with Triss once Yen reentered the picture and his memory came back.

That was until I started this "Last Wish" quest. I thought Yen was just seeking power to help Ciri, but I was pretty surprised that she was concerned that Geralt's earlier wish "to be together forever" was keeping them magically joined and therefore their love wasn't real. That said, I get the sense it's more about laying a foundation so that a player can choose Triss without completely flying in the face of established canon (otherwise you could arguably complain that Triss shouldn't even be an option available to the player). But even with this 'out' their love seems pretty set in stone, after all, Yen and Geralt were a thing long before he made that wish.

All the stuff that seems to bother players about Yen are all things that Geralt already knew about and loved her for anyway, although I can see how players would gravitate towards someone is more outwardly affectionate. It definitely feels like the game is constantly informing the player, "Hey Yen is and always has been canon, Triss was only involved because of your memory being gone and the game's needing a love interest, but I guess if you really want to be with her anyway, that's partially our fault for not more clearly establishing Yen's existence and history with you earlier. Here's an plot device to solve the illogical nature of your bad choice."

The Last Wish has a lot of references to the book with the same name and builds upon a specific scene in a great way which I really loved.
Their relationship is complex, it's not easy to bring across something with so much backstory.

Edit: on a different note, I really need that patch, so many great and much needed changes.

Just finished the game.

The credits are rolling . The last 2 fights were very well done , but lacked a sense of "epic"

It was still freaking great .. but
goddamn eredin i wanted more from you.

As for the game.. it has god so many small bugs , but this is just so overshadowed by the excellent world building , the not subtle handholding ( the game does hold your hand but doesn't treat you like an idiot) and the "out of this world dialog"

Overall , it's SUPERB ..will probably wait for a patch before rush it on death march difficulty.

I have a good understanding of what to change in my next playthrough

Now everything isn't great ..i have some problem with the way "reason of state" went ... it's actually a total let-down .
I can't kill radovic, dijktra acts like a 200% idiot when it's not his role to do so and i wanted something epic (it's killing a king after all ) but i got none of that.

The baron questline is still the best thing in this game.

Has anyone by any chance started on the X1 version of this game and then re bought on PS4 instead; if so was it worth it?

Been reading/watching the digital foundry write up but it is kinda hard to tell from watching the youtube video(at least for me) whether the PS4 is much different to the X1 version, hoping someone here might have double dipped and could share their thoughts.

Please no fanboy stuff, I do not care.

j-wood

I have a really silly plot timeline question, but it's bugging me:

So I just saved dandelion. When did Menge come into hold the treasure? Unless I missed something, the game said it went like this:

1. Ciri and Dandelion go to Junior to have him fix that box, he says he'll do it if they steal the treasure.

2. They steal the treasure

3. They go back to junior without the treasure? He gets mad, captures dudu

4. They break into juniors place and save dudu

5. On the way out they are chased by the witch hunters? Ciri teleports and Dandelion gets captured.

So...where the hell is the treasure?

So I just saved dandelion. When did Menge come into hold the treasure? Unless I missed something, the game said it went like this:

1. Ciri and Dandelion go to Junior to have him fix that box, he says he'll do it if they steal the treasure.

5. On the way out they are chased by the witch hunters? Ciri teleports and Dandelion gets captured.

I think you find out where the treasure is if you let triss get tortured

Hystzen

danelion is held captive on temple island so it not out of realm possibly that Menge got information out of him while impriosoned. I don't think Danelion is the torture resistant member of the group dandelion could tried pay him off by saying he got lots of gold and Menge just got the location instead.
As for location of treasure now it probably filtered into Church Fire coffers lost to everybody

JoeNut

i have been searching for the griffin armour (im level 7) and just keep getting sidetracked. i found an abandoned village with a
guy bricked in behind a wall and he said his wife lives in velen and to tell her what happened
It's not actually triggered a quest, but yet i still want to find her!

This game is so big, the Fools Gold quest was stupid as hell but funny, and i got the Feline Sword diagram for it too

The lateish-game quest
Through Space and Time
was stunning. The whole preceding 5 hours was unbelievably epic but that quest in particular, the word "transcendent" went through my head multiple times. Such vision, and a great way to show off the engine. That along with
Ciri mentioning the world of Cyberpunk, every imaginable method of worldbuilding, big and small, has been taken by the developers.

Cyberpunk has shot to my most anticipated game, and after last night The Witcher 3 is firmly my favourite game of all time. Phenomenal.

Exentryk

Hybrid Build: Signs + Swords + Alchemy

Here is a hybrid build with Signs as priority, and support from Swords and Achemy for respectable DPS. The build has enough sign intensity to burn anything and everything (Novigrad Soldiers used as minimum threshold), while also allowing use of multiple decoctions and potions which increase the sword DPS. These decoctions and potions also allow for continuous healing.
(Worth noting that a few more skill points will also allow the use of Whirl in this build).

Level 34:
DPS Silver = 3421
DPS Steel = 2301
Armor = 403
Sign Intensity = 212%
Vitality = 5500/5500
Stamina Regen = 38/s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqtjE4V0Ipk

j-wood

danelion is held captive on temple island so it not out of realm possibly that Menge got information out of him while impriosoned. I don't think Danelion is the torture resistant member of the group dandelion could tried pay him off by saying he got lots of gold and Menge just got the location instead.
As for location of treasure now it probably filtered into Church Fire coffers lost to everybody

But if that's the case,

Why didn't they take the treasure to junior? That's what's hanging me up and seemingly isn't explained. He tells Geralt they didn't have the treasure and he got angry, but they didn't get caught by Menge until after junior was angry and captured Dudu.

But if that's the case,

Why didn't they take the treasure to junior? That's what's hanging me up and seemingly isn't explained. He tells Geralt they didn't have the treasure and he got angry, but they didn't get caught by Menge until after junior was angry and captured Dudu.

They probably demanded Junior fix the Phylactery before they gave him the treasure, and he couldn't do it, so he tried to get it out of them through violence.

dedhead54

Credits are rolling as a type this.

What a game, man. What a fucking game. One of the greatest I've played, for sure.

How many possible endings are there? I am thinking about looking up what they are, but at the same time I would really love to be able to play through the main quest again and lead myself to a different ending and not already know what it is.

cresto

Credits are rolling as a type this.

What a game, man. What a fucking game. One of the greatest I've played, for sure.

How many possible endings are there? I am thinking about looking up what they are, but at the same time I would really love to be able to play through the main quest again and lead myself to a different ending and not already know what it is.

how many hours did it take you?

Korosenai

Do the quests regardless on if you intend to use the gear or not. As you run around Kaer Morhen, you'll discover interesting new quests and see areas you didn't even know existed.
Yeah, I've already got all of the basic set right now and crafted. Just wondering if I should start using and upgrading it from my enhanced feline armor. The wolf armor seems like a mix between feline and griffin. I'm also a level 23 right now.

Edit: I want to switch from what I have now, enhanced feline, to the wolf gear and just wondering if it's a worthy upgrade.

Yeah, I've already got all of the basic set right now and crafted. Just wondering if I should start using and upgrading it from my enhanced feline armor. The wolf armor seems like a mix between feline and griffin. I'm also a level 23 right now.

Edit: I want to switch from what I have now, enhanced feline, to the wolf gear and just wondering if it's a worthy upgrade.

Ah, very good then.

Personally I haven't crafted Wolf yet (waiting for the next patch which contains storage before doing so) but I've looked up the stats online and it definitely looks good. Can't give a final verdict yet though. Either Wolf or Feline is the best though, so I'm sure you'll do fine either way.

Top Bottom