• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Ultimadrago

[Late Game] Kaer Morhen
Allies' Reunion
question:

While upset, Roche seems rather tame about Letho still being alive? I swore he thought I had killed him. In fact, I literally promised to kill him in Withcher 2, but I changed my mind because...Letho is awesome. Instead of frothing rage at the fact that a dead man's walking, Roche is just like 'I don't trust that guy. Hrrmph." Same with Ves. Seems really light on the "GERALT, WHY IS THIS MAN ALIIIIIVE, YOU FUCK!" I wonder if he found out about Letho being about beforehand?

Almost disappointed in the encounter.

Sai

Btw is this an area in the game? Was featured in the Beautiful World of The Witcher trailer but can't recall seeing it (might be the elevated view).
That looks like
the area in Ard Skellig that was devastated by the magic anomaly

Haha no, you're a little less than halfway through act 2. Then you got all of act 3 too. Since you've done so many quests though, note that you've done the majority of the game, so these next acts will be much shorter, but no, you are nowhere near the end of the game.

For your edit:
Do you mean Dijkstra? Yes, he can provide financial aid. Geralt will always turn down Emhyr because he doesn't want the general to lead the assault and also take Ciri.

Okay so I'm good to continue what I'm doing? Thanks!

hey guys,

im not seeing the new Finishing moves dlc on the PSN store, anyone else having this problem?

im in Australia
I suspect nobody on the Playstation in the EU region gets it until another week has passed. It was the same with the Alternative outfit for Triss. Not sure why we're second class citizens, but there you go.

Exentryk

After 300 hours, finally completed the game. What a masterpiece! Very happy with my ending too.

This game is now my favourite RPG of all time. Bring on the expansions!

Rootbeer

Banned
So I'm trying to track down the remaining gwent cards. I have finished all gwent quests including the tournament. I've played a ton of players but not every one... now I'm having trouble finding players I have not yet played and beaten at least once.

A poster said that it's easy to tell who you have played because the gwent option turns a different color. But I do not see this on my game... can anyone confirm how to tell which gwent players you have not played or beaten on PS4? I swear the color looks the same on ALL players. Any help would be nice. I don't want to replay every single NPC if I can avoid it

-Deimos

Even though I kept
Letho
alive in the previous game, it looks like he didn't show up in the quest he was supposed to. I must have messed up the save import, disappointing.

Oh yeah and fuck gargoyles.

What the hell. I am searching for the Harpy Gwent card as I do not have it. Google keeps telling me that the innkeeper in Harviken has it. But there is no inn in that village!

Help

edit: nevermind. I had to meditate to make him spawn. :/

I'm still missing some cards though.

Mogwai

I'm having this bug on PC where NPCs sometimes pop in very late. Like when you've already reached the town or area. Is there anything to do about it?

I have every Gwent card yet the trophy hasn't popped up. I have cross-checked my deck with every card on this list. Has this happened to anyone else ?

edit: well apparently patch 1.07 breaks Card Collector. We have to wait until the next patch to get the trophy. :/

Poor
Skjall
. Probably the most unfortunate guy I witnessed (encountered) in this game even
after his death
Indeed. Of all of the crimes that
Eredin committed, the epic cockblock he performed on Skjall might be the most heinous.

A poster said that it's easy to tell who you have played because the gwent option turns a different color. But I do not see this on my game... can anyone confirm how to tell which gwent players you have not played or beaten on PS4? I swear the color looks the same on ALL players. Any help would be nice. I don't want to replay every single NPC if I can avoid it
If you've already selected a particular dialog option (e.g. play Gwent) with a merchant, the text for that option goes a slightly greyer colour. Of course since the colour difference is fairly minimal, if you've already selected all of the other options already then it can be hard to tell whether you've selected all of them, or none of them. It's only when you have options available in both colours that it's abundantly clear. But what the poster said is correct.

Yasae

Banned
Do you guys tackle contracts while they're still beyond your level or only go for them once you're at or close to the recommended level? I'm just wondering if there's challenge to be added or if the contracts are hard enough already.
Do anything but let them go gray. Once a quest/contract is grayed out and too far below your level, the XP reward plummets from a few hundred xp to 20.

I've done some quests in red and don't really notice much of a bonus to xp if there is any at all. So do stuff that's green and don't let quests sit in your journal too long. Search for the lowest level quest and start from there if you're having trouble maintaining level equilibrium.

If you've already selected a particular dialog option (e.g. play Gwent) with a merchant, the text for that option goes a slightly greyer colour. Of course since the colour difference is fairly minimal, if you've already selected all of the other options already then it can be hard to tell whether you've selected all of them, or none of them. It's only when you have options available in both colours that it's abundantly clear. But what the poster said is correct.

Imo the color makes it really clear. I've had no issues on seeing what's been selected and what hasn't on my TV.

Do anything but let them go gray. Once a quest/contract is grayed out and too far below your level, the XP reward plummets from a few hundred xp to 20.

I've done some quests in red and don't really notice much of a bonus to xp if there is any at all. So do stuff that's green and don't let quests sit in your journal too long. Search for the lowest level quest and start from there if you're having trouble maintaining level equilibrium.

Makes it sound like a hassle. You'll be overleveled no matter what. Just enjoy the game and stop worrying about quests turning grey, I'd say.

Daffy Duck

So got back into this with 1.07 and I'm loving it again, level 8 now and just started the bloody baton quest, done loads of other side quests along the way.

I think the baron seems a dodgy little ass hole.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Can't finish these goddamn quests, Triss just stands there and does nothing :-(

aCECrxe.jpg

WTF CDPR? :-/

Mindman

Need a little story input on the Pyres of Novigrad quest....

I got distracted during the part where Triss and Geralt meet up with some dude who wants a bag from the bottom of the river. I got it and now we are in a warehouse looking for rat poop. What is the story that I missed here?

GeeTeeCee

Need a little story input on the Pyres of Novigrad quest....

I got distracted during the part where Triss and Geralt meet up with some dude who wants a bag from the bottom of the river. I got it and now we are in a warehouse looking for rat poop. What is the story that I missed here?

Triss is working on menial tasks in Novigrad in order to make money. In this case, using magic to remove a rat infestation. Geralt gets roped in to help.

Sai

Makes it sound like a hassle. You'll be overleveled no matter what. Just enjoy the game and stop worrying about quests turning grey, I'd say.
This. When starting my second run through the game, I tried my best to avoid greying out quests; it's just not possible. You have more leeway with main quests and Witcher contracts, but you're not going to be able to get every secondary quest or treasure hunt while it's green.

So should I download that 7 gig patch for PS4? OR should I wait for that fix that they are planning down the line?
Fixes a lot more than it breaks, and what it does break should be fixed sooner rather than later. Download it.

NeoGiff

Which ones are the Story Quests that cause some side-quests to fail?

Ugly Baby and Brothers in Arms offer varying degrees of quest failure, once progressed through.

After that, I'm pretty sure it's plain sailing until the end of the game, and you don't need to worry.

Ugly Baby and Brothers in Arms offer varying degrees of quest failure, once progressed through.

After that, I'm pretty sure it's plain sailing until the end of the game, and you don't need to worry.
Ok, thank you! I'm just on the Matter of Family quest, so I'm pretty sure there's quite a lot of time before that, just wanted to make sure beforehand :D

Finished my second playthrough with a different ending. I had a great time, but you know what? Human enemies block too much. Death march wasn't hard, but seeing some random bandits or village idiots block Geralt's sword fury like a champ, stagger him, and counter for huge damage is just odd.

Ending question.
Can you get a Nilfgaard North/Ciri Witcher ending if you do positive things with her, kill Radovid, but avoid taking her to see Emhyr? So far I got the Ciri Empress and Redania/Ciri Witcher endings.

Radec

Goddamnn trolls in Kaer Mohren. Took my weapons and never gave it back.
I'm gonna kill every troll i find from now on.

Ugh I came across a glitched quest. It's the quest titled A Deadly Plot, I'm supposed to meet
Dijkstra at the Passiflora. I go in and talk to Marquise Serenity the brothel lady and she says "Speak softly I know very well why you're here, they await this way please" and after that nothing happens she doesn't go anywhere I don't get a new destination marker, nothing. Then I speak to her again and she just repeats the same exact thing and nothing happens again.
Am I doing something wrong or is this quest glicthed? I'm playing on xbox one with patch 1.07.

Edit. Found a solution on reddit.
Talk to her and then leave the house. Enter the house again but take the left door and walk straight to the next room. The dialogue will automatically start again and you can continue the quest.

Why this quest is still bugged even on 1.07 I have no idea, wtf are CDPR doing.

Sai

Weird. Just about done with my second run through the game, and I still haven't gotten the diagrams for Superior Northern Wind, Superior Spectre, Draconid, Vampire, and Cursed Oils.

Not that I need them at this point, but I was trying to get everything this time around.

Goddamnn trolls in Kaer Mohren. Took my weapons and never gave it back.
I'm gonna kill every troll i find from now on.
I ran into an issue with that after 1.07. Trolls turned hostile even if I didn't attack and offered up our weapons.

Top Bottom