• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Auctopus

On my second playthrough...

The forest dinner scene between Keira and Geralt is SO well lit. The character models look so good.

Daffy Duck

I met a group of people wanting payments for use of a bridge and one of them freaked out when I showed him my medallion and he was like "gaffer, gaffer, he's a gaffer" is that a nod to GAF?

how is the world map stutter still there, jesus

I got that yesterday, never had it before, it's really annoying.

spekkeh

Banned
The Through Time and Space mission is so awesome. I thought Act 1 went on for way too long and it nearly burnt me on the game, but ever since KM it's getting more and more powerful, I love it.

That whole Wild Hunt theme is just insanely good. It's one of my favorite OSTs anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJuhVyH9Hrk&list=PLrhsCKeZuR1mnnQDQgI4XIsa7-gzH6tm7&index=25

(I prefer just the brooding melody you hear when you meet
Ge'els
, but can't find it)

Sai

I met a group of people wanting payments for use of a bridge and one of them freaked out when I showed him my medallion and he was like "gaffer, gaffer, he's a gaffer" is that a nod to GAF?
That was the name of the dude Geralt was talking to. He was trying to get his attention, make him aware of the fact that he was talking to a Witcher, which he already picked up on when he noticed the medallion.

The last bit of this game is leaving a terrible taste in my mouth.

It feels like EVERY SINGLE QUEST I'm running into a glitch now. It wasn't this bad until this last act.

Man, why would you make the text bigger everywhere but the level up screen? I really feel like just putting this down until like next year when they put out the inevitable Enhanced Edition.

GravyButt

So when do I get some goid gear? Im a level 7 and not really feeling like i got anything useful especially since it seems I cant craft anything.

Yet again I don't understand crafting or anything rpg related for that matter. Still using the default silver sword which seems to shit.

Sai

So when do I get some goid gear? Im a level 7 and not really feeling like i got anything useful especially since it seems I cant craft anything.

Yet again I don't understand crafting or anything rpg related for that matter. Still using the default silver sword which seems to shit.
Did you get the diagrams for the Viper School swords in White Orchard? Though, you should have run across random equipment even better than them by Lv7. Have you done any Witcher contracts? They usually drop some nice swords for you to loot.

As far as crafting is concerned, you find diagrams, and then go to Armorers and Blacksmiths to craft armor and weapons(respectively) for you. You must have the necessary ingredients, of course. And the Armorer/Blacksmith must be at an appropriate level. Most of them are Amateurs, but once you get to places like Oxenfurt and Novigrad you'll find some at the level of Journeyman, which you'll need to start crafting Witcher gear, and weapon/armor upgrades. There's a single Master level Armorer and Blacksmith that can only be unlocked through their respective secondary quests, but you'll only need them when you're ready to start upgrading to the Mastercrafted Witcher gear forwards the end of the game.

GravyButt

Hmm not sure if I found the viper gear I think i did. Id have to check (took a break for a bit cuz I really wanted to play batman) but almost certain I did and still cant craft it.

Ive done two witcher contracts. The griffen one and the woodland beast. Although the woodland beast didn't get me anything good loot wise.

Sai

Ah, you don't get those kinds of rewards for the White Orchard contracts, and the latter wasn't a genuine monster hunt. Though, you can pick up a nice elven sword, depending on how you handle the Woodland Beast quest.

Try Jenny O' The Woods, at Midcopse. I think that was a Lv7 quest, wasn't it?

GravyButt

Ah, you don't get those kinds of rewards for the White Orchard contracts, and the latter wasn't a genuine monster hunt. Though, you can pick up a nice elven sword, depending on how you handle the Woodland Beast quest.

Try Jenny O' The Woods, at Midcopse. I think that was a Lv7 quest, wasn't it?
Ill check it out tomorrow when I play. Thanks man :)

zkorejo

what in the flying fuck, please tell me this isnt happening. suddenly i cant use my silver feline cat sword because somehow instead of reaching level 30 this buggy shit made me level 28 again

i finally found
ciri,
was level 29 @1.7K+ xp got me 400 points of reward and didnt mind the lack of "you leveled up" banner thing you get when you reach a new level. suddenly when im done with preparations i see the my silver sword didnt appear on my back and boom shit has bugged and im level 28 again

This exact same thing happened to me. I was above level 35, decided to complete the Skellige fist fight challenges. After the first fight Geralt didnt equip armor and swords. I couldnt do it manually either because I was level 33 and the gear required level 34.

I thought CDPR maybe changed the level requirements, but I guess its a glitch which messes up with player level. It sucks if true. Also on the final preparations but haven't started it yet.

Just finished it a few hours ago. I think I spent the last two months criticizing the hell out of this game -- the combat is pretty much just bad, and the PS4 version is extraordinarily buggy-- but when the final scene wrapped up I've gotta say I didn't want it to end. The story and characters, especially Geralt/Ciri/Yen, won me over.

Are you talking about Skellige's Most Wanted? I thought that was the only glitched quest in 1.07.

No I ran into quite a few at the end. I had to research work arounds constantly.

That said I finished it and overall I loved the game. It's flawed in many ways but I feel it still transcends other games in terms of sheer scale and story telling.

I kind of can't believe a game like this exists.

I'm going to take a break but I'm looking forward to returning and making different choices throughout the quest.

NeoGiff

After the patch, what are the required levels for the Superior Wolf and Cat gear?

I'm about to start the Battle of Kaer Morhen at level 26 on Death March and only have the two of them up to Enhanced.

Think I'm finally pretty close to getting all the Gwent cards now. I think all I'm missing is the Wyvern card. Problem is finding someone else I haven't played before.

danowat

Banned
I've been playing this game since release date, so nearly 10 weeks, and I have yet to leave Velen, am I ever likely to finish it?

Starting this game on Death March. Died a couple of time already but I'm still having fun. Now I actually have to strategize for my battles instead of just mashing fast or strong attack until they die.

danowat

Banned
Nah. Kind of seems like it because there's no loading screen between the zones. Take a look at your maps (both in game and physical).

They're different countries/territories. Your quest log shows this too.

Ahh, ok, cool, don't really know the lore around it TBH, I just assumed Novigrad was a city in the Velen region, rather than being an autonomous region in it's own right.

That said, thinking about it now, some of the dialogue probably pointed to it........

Ahh, ok, cool, don't really know the lore around it TBH, I just assumed Novigrad was a city in the Velen region, rather than being an autonomous region in it's own right.

That said, thinking about it now, some of the dialogue probably pointed to it........

If you zoom out to the world map (zoom as far back as possible) you can more easily see the difference. Novigrad not only counts as the city, but the lovely area around it too. Basically everything north of Oxenfurt.

spekkeh

Banned
I am at the exact same point of the story and from what I have read, Its just few more hours before the end.

Which is why started doing all the sidequests and monster contracts instead of continuing the story.
Oh I didn't know I was that close to the end myself. I gotta say the story is pretty lopsided in that case. Like ninety percent is finding Ciri, I hope the next Witcher has better pacing. That said, I'm actually looking forward to the next one now (if there is one), and I didn't like 2 at all.

Calabi

That was the name of the dude Geralt was talking to. He was trying to get his attention, make him aware of the fact that he was talking to a Witcher, which he already picked up on when he noticed the medallion.

Its just an old English world for boss or leader.

Should I do the quest "Now or Never" before going to finishing the quest line in Novigrad and going to Skellige or after?

I plan on romancing
Triss
but I don't want to lock out any scenes with
Yen
in Skellige just yet.

boskee

New Game+ may be announced today as the final DLC.

g48PIpf.png

Exentryk

I don't really replay games, so NG+ doesn't bother me. But I know a lot of people wanted this, so good on CDPR if they're doing this.

This exact same thing happened to me. I was above level 35, decided to complete the Skellige fist fight challenges. After the first fight Geralt didnt equip armor and swords. I couldnt do it manually either because I was level 33 and the gear required level 34.

I thought CDPR maybe changed the level requirements, but I guess its a glitch which messes up with player level. It sucks if true. Also on the final preparations but haven't started it yet.

damn, i hope they fix this crap. my save before triggering the last mission is even worst, im level 26 in that one.

all my superior gear went to shit

Top Bottom