• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

PatzCU

What in the fucking fuck? Patch 1.07 reset all my meticulously customized control settings? Awesome. Time to set aside 30 minutes to tweak it back to what I played 60 hours with already.

I ran into an issue with that after 1.07. Trolls turned hostile even if I didn't attack and offered up our weapons.

I had the same problem. I had to kill the trolls.

Question: has patch 1.07 reintroduced an XP bug ? I completed multiple Treasure Hunt quests relating to the Wolf set and did not get any XP. Not only have I not received XP, but I did not even receive the "Quest Completed" message along with the zinger. The quests were displayed in green, being level 34 while I am level 30.

NeoGiff

I had the same problem. I had to kill the trolls.

Question: has patch 1.07 reintroduced an XP bug ? I completed multiple Treasure Hunt quests relating to the Wolf set and did not get any XP. Not only have I not received XP, but I did not even receive the "Quest Completed" message along with the zinger. The quests were displayed in green, being level 34 while I am level 30.

I'm pretty sure you never get xp for treasure hunts anyway, or witcher gear ones at the very least.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm nearing the end of the Keira Metz quest line on Death March but I'm afraid to play through since achievements are broken. On the one hand that shouldn't bug me, but on the other... I need proof that I finished these quests haha.

Ugh. Decisions, decisions.

I'm nearing the end of the Keira Metz quest line on Death March but I'm afraid to play through since achievements are broken. On the one hand that shouldn't bug me, but on the other... I need proof that I finished these quests haha.

Keep an extra save right before the ending and finish it. Reload if you get no achievements, keep the save around if it's bugged.

That said, haven't heard of that one crapping out.

It's a shame, isn't it? Save file corruption bugs and trophy/achievement bugs are cardinal sins in modern game development. You expect issues in those areas to be patched out, not patched in :(

Kvik

Having a hard time with the last 1/3 of
Imlerith
boss fight. (Death March)

- Demetrium bomb doesn't work on him.
- Moon dust doesn't work on him.
- Barely enough time to Yrden and even then the effects are minimal.
- Already up to ~70% toxicity with Leshen decoction, only enough for one White Raffard.

It's definitely doable, but can't have too many mistakes in making dodging directions.

Sai

Imlerith
boss fight. (Death March)

- Demetrium bomb doesn't work on him.
- Moon dust doesn't work on him.
- Barely enough time to Yrden and even then the effects are minimal.
- Already up to ~70% toxicity with Leshen decoction, only enough for one White Raffard.

It's definitely doable, but can't have too many mistakes in making dodging directions.
Quen is really the only Sign you should bother using in that fight. In the last portion of the battle, your only way of striking him is when he momentarily tires after teleporting and swinging his weapon around; and you can only get one or two good hits in before he starts back up. Memorize his attack pattern and learn to take a step or two away before he even gets behind you.

Do you have the Wyvern Decoction? Might help take him down a bit faster once you're able to start consistently avoiding his attacks.

Yasae

Banned
Imo the color makes it really clear. I've had no issues on seeing what's been selected and what hasn't on my TV.

Makes it sound like a hassle. You'll be overleveled no matter what. Just enjoy the game and stop worrying about quests turning grey, I'd say.
You can screw yourself out of a lot of xp that way, especially for contracts, which fall off a cliff in terms of XP once grayed out. It's not a gentle ramp downward.

Coreda

Patch 1.07 reset all my meticulously customized control settings? Awesome.

Didn't realize it reset controls as well. I think controls are saved to a different file so not sure what was changed input-wise in the patch that needed a reset.

Imlerith
boss fight.

I used Blizzard and Thunderbolt with Quen and roll dodged around/away from attacks to avoid hits. Tried decotions originally but needed something less toxic by the end and Blizzard improves reflexes. Also Igni'ing
him breaks the ice shield for a time
but ain'tnobodygottimeforthat.gif

You can screw yourself out of a lot of xp that way, especially for contracts, which fall off a cliff in terms of XP once grayed out. It's not a gentle ramp downward.

What level did you end with? I was on level 33 which seems quite common. Curious if pursuing all green quests works as I had many grey quests and contracts throughout the playthrough from being overleveled from one quest or another.

I'm pretty sure you never get xp for treasure hunts anyway, or witcher gear ones at the very least.

I see. It's still abnormal for the game to know show the "quest complete" message though.

In any case, I hope I get to level 35 before the end of the game. I seem to be close. I just freed
Philippa in the sewers.

GravyButt

Just did a level 6 or 7 witcher contract. Im only level 7 as well. Think it was called
woodland beast? The elves and dbag archer in the tree
it was green and I only got about 25xp I believe. Same with a few secondary quests as well. Same green/same reward. Im on the newest patch. Is that right or did it really say 250 xp and I was tired? Hoping its not xp glitched.

Coreda

How does this work in practice? Does it slow down time or something? I never tried that potion.

It increased Geralt's movement speed for me. Almost never used it but from a quick googling apparently the full effects such as time slowing only trigger after killing an enemy first (ie: in a group). Rolls did feel faster to me using it though.

Kvik

Quen is really the only Sign you should bother using in that fight. In the last portion of the battle, your only way of striking him is when he momentarily tires after teleporting and swinging his weapon around; and you can only get one or two good hits in before he starts back up. Memorize his attack pattern and learn to take a step or two away before he even gets behind you.

Do you have the Wyvern Decoction? Might help take him down a bit faster once you're able to start consistently avoiding his attacks.

Thanks for the tip. I never leveled up Quen in my skill tree. I can get through 2/3 of the fight with full health, but once he start teleporting (and he sometimes teleporting directly in my rolling path) it kind of hard to roll without loss of health because his attack radii is long.

I used Blizzard and Thunderbolt with Quen and roll dodged around/away from attacks to avoid hits.

I might try popping White Honey for the last 1/3 so I can jacked up with Blizzard and Thunderbolt.

OK, time to alt-tabbing back to the fight!

Has CDPR said anything yet about an upcoming fix for the broken achievements? I bought the game but haven't gotten around to starting it yet, I shouldn't care about achievements but I'd still prefer they get fixed before I dive in.

tauke

I always got a good laugh when after a serious cutscene, Geralt will casually ask to play Gwent if given the option regardless of the urgency of the quest.

I always got a good laugh when after a serious cutscene, Geralt will casually ask to play Gwent if given the option regardless of the urgency of the quest.

I remember talking to some blacksmith who was basically crying and asked to be left alone because his family just died or something, and found it hilarious that the context of the situation had no bearing on the actual dialogue. So of course Geralt immediately follows up this terrible story with "Soooo...you got time for a couple rounds of gwent?" The facial animation the blacksmith did was also a funny kind of "yeah, I guess so".

NeoGiff

Thanks for the tip. I never leveled up Quen in my skill tree. I can get through 2/3 of the fight with full health, but once he start teleporting (and he sometimes teleporting directly in my rolling path) it kind of hard to roll without loss of health because his attack radii is long.

Imlerith will always teleport directly in front of where he is facing, so a good tip is to just dodge into his last position once he disappears. The fight becomes easy.

SlickVic

The sheer breadth of content continues to impress me. 65 hours in and only now just got to Skellige. I know I could've gone there earlier, but I didn't want to until finishing up some of the bigger quests in the other areas first.

mrpookles

Finished up today after 65 hours. I know I could've put another 50 hours into it, but I got the urge to plough through to the end.

What a game.

I love how I can leave this game for a couple of weeks, and then get hooked again within less than an hour.

There's something comforting about it.

158 hours in.

Finished The Battle of Kaer Morhen and
it was great. RIP Vesemir. He deserved better. Imlerith got his just desserts tho :D

But I gotta know. I've got Final Preparations as the main quest now, haven't it begun it. Please tell me I'm not about to finish the game, because I am terrified of that.

zkorejo

158 hours in.

it was great. RIP Vesemir. He deserved better. Imlerith got his just desserts tho :D

But I gotta know. I've got Final Preparations as the main quest now, haven't it begun it. Please tell me I'm not about to finish the game, because I am terrified of that.

I am at the exact same point of the story and from what I have read, Its just few more hours before the end.

Which is why started doing all the sidequests and monster contracts instead of continuing the story.

158 hours in.

Sadly you're very near the end now,I went and mopped up any left over quests and went ahead and finished the game, it was a bitter sweet moment as like you I loved the game.

Coreda

You are about to finish the game. That quest and then one more.

It branches into a few more quests but it's yeah, it's appropriately named. Still a bit to go though. Adored my ending. Such a mix of feelings getting to that moment, especially as felt I'd get a completely different outcome.

tauke

Sorry to bug the topic again but anyone think my xp post a few posts above or glitching? Thanks!

I got no idea if it is bug related but you should not worry much. Not sure if difficulty affects the amount of XP given out but I'm playing at Blood and Broken Bones and the usual XP rewards is around 100 to 250 XP for green quest (I'm 50XP away from level 24).

Gray quest is a measly 5 to 10 XP or sometimes none lol.

Although do be warned that tackling red quest can also reward you with 50 XP or less from my playthrough. This prompt me to stop tackling high level Witcher Contract which are doable but the XP reward is miniscule.

Other than that, Witcher Gear is your key to survival at lower level once you meet the minimum level requirements.

Sai

So, I'm Lv34 right now. Was tackling points of interest in Skellige, and took down that Lv45 Archgriffin north of Ard Skellig.

Felt good. :D

Not sure if difficulty affects the amount of XP given out but I'm playing at Blood and Broken Bones and the usual XP rewards is around 100 to 250 XP for green quest (I'm 50XP away from level 24).
Pretty sure it was said that you get slightly less XP on Death March.

Hixx

Are they fucking kidding with the hitboxes on these fist fights? Combine with the horrendous input lag...

Fucking embarrassingly shit.

Are they fucking kidding with the hitboxes on these fist fights? Combine with the horrendous input lag...

The fistfights are so easy that you can sleep your way through them anyway.

Except in the rare occasion that you face two enemies at once. Then shit gets real.

Just parry the attacks and counter them. I'm playing on Death March and the fights are super easy. Only one has given me grief: a level 30 dude in Skellige. He kept using quick attacks, the fucker.

Drewfonse

Really loving the game, just started The Battle of Kaer Morhen. I'm low level, barely level 23. Will I need to level up any more to complete the main quest? I'm OK with a little bit of that, I've just never really been that into side quests in RPGs.

Fist fighting sucks, but you just need to keep your distance to force them to use strong punches. If you're up close and they jab...bah.

Sai

Brawling in Witcher 3 feels like Virtua Fighter coming from Witcher 1 & 2. :p

Only problem I had with it were invisible barriers that prevented me from creating distance sometimes, which I suspect were the hitboxes of characters that were in the area prior to the fight.

tauke

Fist fighting can be a pain when against two or more opponents.

Other than that, parry and strong punch to victory! Except for those ploughing fighter who strike immediately the moment the match start.

Fist fighting can be a pain when against two or more opponents.

Other than that, parry and strong punch to victory! Except for those ploughing fighter who strike immediately the moment the match start.

This has become a CDPR trademark, and not in a good way. Witcher 2 had several instances where you'd get hit right after a cutscene (even in a boss fight...yeah, ouch on dark mode), and it happens in 3 also.

Guys just because there's an easy tactic for the fist fights doesn't mean they don't suck.

Because they do suck... Their the worst part of the game next to the horse races.

And it's not because they're hard, it's because they're mechanically boring.

what in the flying fuck, please tell me this isnt happening. suddenly i cant use my silver feline cat sword because somehow instead of reaching level 30 this buggy shit made me level 28 again

hvCerV0.jpg

i finally found
ciri,
was level 29 @1.7K+ xp got me 400 points of reward and didnt mind the lack of "you leveled up" banner thing you get when you reach a new level. suddenly when im done with preparations i see the my silver sword didnt appear on my back and boom shit has bugged and im level 28 again

No? Just parry or dodge. Easy as hell. I don't keep any distance, quite the opposite.

Guess I'm not good enough. On death march, some of those higher level guys
starting with the guys during King's Gambit
just jab stunlock if I get close. Easy to counter when they have to throw a big punch.

Top Bottom