• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Anteater

i'm near the end at
the isle of mists
, i hear some people say the game drags on too much but I actually disliked the first half of the game and I'm just getting into it lol

Wynnebeck

Banned
Ok gents, just beat
Ugly Baby
and now doing the
Brothers in Arms
quest before going to the
Isle of Mists
. Is the game really going to make me solve everyone's individual problems before coming to K
aer Morhen
? I'll bypass that shite in a heartbeat. Game is already starting to drag on and I want to finish it.

To everyone spoiler tagging the exact same quest and saying the same things because you're avoiding each other's spoilered text:

The Isle of Mists IS NOT the end game.

Plus the name of the quest doesn't spoil anything, but that's another subject all together.

Wynnebeck

Banned
To everyone spoiler tagging the exact same quest and saying the same things because you're avoiding each other's spoilered text:

Plus the name of the quest doesn't spoil anything, but that's another subject all together.

If you are referring to me, I know that the
Isle of Mists
is not the end game but it's heading towards it. I just want to know if going through another few hours of gameplay to solve everyone's questlines for the upcoming
battle at Kaer Morhen
worth it.

If you are referring to me, I know that the
Isle of Mists
is not the end game but it's heading towards it. I just want to know if going through another few hours of gameplay to solve everyone's questlines for the upcoming
battle at Kaer Morhen
worth it.
It wasn't you specifically, it was the last 3 spoilered posts were all about that same mission.

To answer your specific question, you should probably finish up any side quests involving the major people you've met in the main quest. They will effect the outcomes of the the
Brothers in Arms
quest, which will effect the
Battle of Kaer Morhen

teokrazia

Man, I've lost the count of fisherman villages and other town in Skellige that make me a 'welcome to Flotsam' effect [I don't know if someone catches it]. Woa.

RedSwirl

Anybody thinks the places in this game have an unusually high rate of literacy? Considering this is supposed to be fantasy 13th century? The presence of notice boards and letters even way out in podunk villages suggests all of them host at least a few people who can read and write.

RedSwirl

Man, I've lost the count of fisherman villages and other town in Skellige that make me a 'welcome to Flotsam' effect [I don't know if someone catches it]. Woa.

You mean how the words "welcome to Flotsam" represent the official beginning of when Witcher 2 starts to get good?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I made good progress today. Made it a couple missions into the third act, got all superior feline gear and all the mastercraft feline diagrams.

SlickVic

So 1.08.1 gives retroactive Steam achievement but broke getting new achievements again? I just finished one of the main Skellige questlines but nothing unlocked. Looks like others are having the same issue as well.

jacobeid

Banned
Question for you fine ladies and gentlemen:

I completed the game on PS4 but have since upgraded my computer to a 970. Given the fact that we have an expansion coming and there's NG+, I'd like to pick up the game on PC. However, the game is extremely long which we all know and I don't really have the time to play it again just to get to NG+.

Is there any way that I can insert a save file similar to the one I ended with in The Witcher 3 and play NG+ through that? Sorry if this is an extremely easy question; I haven't messed with PC save files in years and years.

Question for you fine ladies and gentlemen:

I completed the game on PS4 but have since upgraded my computer to a 970. Given the fact that we have an expansion coming and there's NG+, I'd like to pick up the game on PC. However, the game is extremely long which we all know and I don't really have the time to play it again just to get to NG+.

Is there any way that I can insert a save file similar to the one I ended with in The Witcher 3 and play NG+ through that? Sorry if this is an extremely easy question; I haven't messed with PC save files in years and years.

Yeah you can, just find a save file you want online and put it in the save folder.

Hoplatee

So 1.08.1 gives retroactive Steam achievement but broke getting new achievements again? I just finished one of the main Skellige questlines but nothing unlocked. Looks like others are having the same issue as well.

I can confirm this as well. Not working for me anymore. Did two Witcher contracts without using potions and all the stuff and nothing popped up. Including Elusive Thief which has an achievement on its own. (Steam version, didn't try GoG)

Khayam

Banned
Question :

Playing in NG+ will flatten the difficulty in the game right ? Or can you still earn 30 other lvl and be able to faceroll lvl 30 stuff ?

Kaer Morhen being an enclosed region instead of being infinitely free roamable does make it the best looking region graphically. I am constantly amazed by it.

hydruxo

Finally bought this yesterday. I got up to the last mission of White Orchard and I'm loving it so far.

Anybody have any tips for me before everything opens up and I leave White Orchard? This is my first Witcher game so I'm sure there's some things I haven't even thought of

Finally bought this yesterday. I got up to the last mission of White Orchard and I'm loving it so far.

Anybody have any tips for me before everything opens up and I leave White Orchard? This is my first Witcher game so I'm sure there's some things I haven't even thought of

Turn the 'points of interest' marker off. Improves the exploration part of the game a lot.

Anteater

isle of mists major spoilers:

that fucking cutscene when you find ciri :( well done cdprojekt red
Maybe it's all the hours you spend in the game looking for her, that scene hits hard, although I should've seen it coming with the 7 dwarves and stuff...
Are you on PC? If yes, try dither in sweetFX.

yeah, I tried turning it on but it doesn't help for some reason, maybe I need to use a newer version

good to know! the way the game tell you to save made it look like it's like the last mission, I guess it's just to warn you to finish some sidequests that're tied to it, I want to keep playing

Finally finished it.

I messed up Geralt's relation with Yen and Triss by
romancing both
which was sad. I'm such a damn whore. The consequence was hilarious though so it wasn't a complete loss.

As for the rest, I think I got the best options, going by what I've read in the guide.
Ciri became an empress, which I think is ideal, she's meant for great things and will become a great ruler, making much more of an impact on the world than as a Witcher. In my version of the ending it just sucks that Geralt is alone, but normaly he would go on to live with either Triss or Yen, so I think that overall it's the ideal scenario.

In the other aspects I got the best outcomes:

Cerys rules in Skellige.
Nilfgaard won the war and Temeria got sovereignty.
Keira and Lambert are ploughing their heads off.

I really couldn't have asked for more from this game, it's a monumental achievement and a love letter to Witcher fans.

One issue though, when I started the final quest, the game I had failed the Reason of State quest though I had already finished it.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Finally finished it.

I messed up Geralt's relation with Yen and Triss by
romancing both
which was sad. I'm such a damn whore. The consequence was hilarious though so it wasn't a complete loss.

As for the rest, I think I got the best options, going by what I've read in the guide.
Ciri became an empress, which I think is ideal, she's meant for great things and will become a great ruler, making much more of an impact on the world than as a Witcher. In my version of the ending it just sucks that Geralt is alone, but normaly he would go on to live with either Triss or Yen, so I think that overall it's the ideal scenario.

In the other aspects I got the best outcomes:

Cerys rules in Skellige.
Novigrad won the war and Temeria got sovereignty.
Keira and Lambert are ploughing their heads off.

I really couldn't have asked for more from this game, it's a monumental achievement and a love letter to Witcher fans.

One issue though, when I started the final quest, the game I had failed the Reason of State quest though I had already finished it.

Don't you mean Nilfgaard? Novigrad is a free city :p

Don't you mean Nilfgaard? Novigrad is a free city :p

Lol, nevermind.

I feel empty inside, fortunately I still need to read Season of Storms so it's not over yet. Wish I had the cash to order it right now but books in Spain are so damn expensive. The hardcover versions are a thing of beauty though.

Will it say v1.08.1 in main menu if it's updated? My Steam version haven't updated yet it seems.
Also just noticed today that I got a whole bunch of bugged achievements that haven't unlocked for a while :(

By the way, anyone know why Steam Overlay won't work here? If I'm not out of my mind, I did actually play Witcher 3 with overlay earlier.

124 h later, 72,5k crowns richer, at level 34.9, every side quest / contract / treasure hunt completed so far, this is one of the most annoying games i've played due to glitches and designs. I just rushed through the second half to get it over with and now I can't because of glitched quests/achievements.

I haven't meditated or used any potion/oils once so far. I had 11 ability points available recently, spent them and now I have 9 again. I had 3 free slots for abilities + 1 mutagen. I sat for a while and thought about it, then it just hit me, I really don't care one second for Witcher 3's leveling system, which is a first. (I played on blood and broken bones difficulty).

Anteater

motion blur is so weird in this game, most of the time it only affects the background like mountain and stuff, but in kaer morhen it affects most of everything

Will it say v1.08.1 in main menu if it's updated? My Steam version haven't updated yet it seems.
Also just noticed today that I got a whole bunch of bugged achievements that haven't unlocked for a while :(

By the way, anyone know why Steam Overlay won't work here? If I'm not out of my mind, I did actually play Witcher 3 with overlay earlier.

124 h later, 72,5k crowns richer, at level 34.9, every side quest / contract / treasure hunt completed so far, this is one of the most annoying games i've played due to glitches and designs. I just rushed through the second half to get it over with and now I can't because of glitched quests/achievements.

I haven't meditated or used any potion/oils once so far. I had 11 ability points available recently, spent them and now I have 9 again. I had 3 free slots for abilities + 1 mutagen. I sat for a while and thought about it, then it just hit me, I really don't care one second for Witcher 3's leveling system, which is a first. (I played on blood and broken bones difficulty).

nope it still say 1.08 in the main menu

overlay works on my end with 1.08.1

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
DO NEITHER OF THESE THINGS (unless you want your playtime to exceed 150 hours).

Yep. Ignoring question marks unless in the way to quests, mostly skipped Gwent and horse races and the game is still long as fuck.

nope it says 1.08 in the main menu

overlay works on my end with 1.08.1

So I guess I can just forget my retroactive achievements and them fixing quest glitch (completed quest that's not marked and completed and quest that I cant start at all). That sucks.

Hmm strange, it's totally broken here, nothing when i try to open the overlay.

Anteater

So I guess I can just forget my retroactive achievements and them fixing quest glitch (completed quest that's not marked and completed and quest that I cant start at all). That sucks.

Hmm strange, it's totally broken here, nothing when i try to open the overlay.

yea the quest glitches are annoying, i think they're not going to fix those unless they're aware of it though, but they've been patching the game a lot, never know!

or maybe through mods :(

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
For those of you petrified about missing out on things with the Isle of the Mists, here is what I will say.

Many of the quests not-relating to major characters will remain open. Any quests involving major characters might and probably will fail.

If you are really worried about it, save right before the Isle of the Mists (the game lets you know in advance) and take note which (if any) quests fail.

Reload the save beforehand and complete those quests AND any new quests that open up because of them.

Denton

lame, i like that dude

Lot of us are hoping for his and Saskia's presence in expansions, but we'll see.

Kaer Morhen being an enclosed region instead of being infinitely free roamable does make it the best looking region graphically. I am constantly amazed by it.

Yes, my favourite area in the game, not that I don't love Skellige and Velen and everything.
But Kaer Morhen is just such a love letter to book fans.

witcher3_2015_06_08_2n7s43.png

Top Bottom