• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
WHAT ? I've been plaing wrong and under tons of placebo skills effect the entire time ? I've been playing 200 hours in cat gear with the skill 25% more dmg per light armor but it was never actually activated ? Holy shit

What's the point of NG+ then if you can't become much stronger ? WTF

This entire game feel like a lie now

The whole point of NG+ is to make different decisions without the need to search every corners of the world for recipes or formulas while lvling.

The whole point of NG+ is to make different decisions without the need to search every corners of the world for recipes or formulas while lvling.

I still miss a couple of Superir Oils. I wanted to do NG+ in Death March and get all these side skills. Fuck me.

KorrZ

WHAT ? I've been plaing wrong and under tons of placebo skills effect the entire time ? I've been playing 200 hours in cat gear with the skill 25% more dmg per light armor but it was never actually activated ? Holy shit

What's the point of NG+ then if you can't become much stronger ? WTF

This entire game feel like a lie now

Well, technically it does give you access to more skills. You just can't have them all active at once. You can better prepare though based on what you're going to be fighting by changing up which skills you currently have active.

Griss

Glad to see you are enjoying it now. I can imagine that sidequest in the tower being the turning point (or anything Keira involved). Absolutely fantastic quest. Hope you picked the happy ending!

And now Bloody Baron. Oh man. It really really really picks up there. Have fun!

I myself am still waiting to continue again when they fix Steam achievements (..again) so I am playing vendors for cards and stuff.

E) too lazy to read back but if I recall correctly you are playing it on console but if i'm wrong and you are on pc you can just use a mod so your equipment won't break. Saves quite a bit of money!

E2) tip for crafting - Do not vendor the Witcher gear (green background). You need them later if you want to make better versions of it.

Well, as for Keira,
I tried, man. It was all going so well, then I told her she couldn't go to Radovic. She says 'draw your sword' and I'm looking for the 'uh, no?' option but there was none. Thought if I used my fists she'd be spared, but no. Dead. Couldn't believe it. Went and saw how to get around it and I picked every correct answer right up until the end, where you have to tell her there's no way Radovic would pardon her. As a Witcher newbie I know nothing of Radovic so I didn't know how to answer.
I'm the kind of RPG player who says 'what's done is done, the story falls as it may' so I won't go back.

I'm on console, so that's not an option, but I've got money coming in enough now to make it less of an issue.

And thanks for the E2 tip, I have green diagrams but haven't made any weapons yet I don't believe.

Two questions: Can I safely sell my very starting gear or do I need it later for transmog purposes etc? Because I liked the way it looked. And secondly, if I have/buy a scheme/recipe/diagram will it be removed from other vendors? I'm always worried that I'm buying the same recipe twice from different people because there's a lot to keep track of.

Really looking forward to this Bloody Baron stuff over the weekend.

Coreda

I believe I've discovered what causes the crate walking animation glitch. It's not the animation sequence but the crates themselves that cause legs on the player/NPCs to react as if it's there is a stand-able object mid air. With each step the animation is conflicting with the crate object.

qKF5OXf.jpg

Just needs a spell and some reins.

Started this 2 weeks ago. Was hoping/expecting to finish before MGS5 but I just looked at the main mission list and I'm about 1/3rd finished and at level 14, doing lots of side quests as well. There is just too much to do.

I'm going to have to take a break from this game aren't I, unless the second and third acts are much quicker?

Hoplatee

My game just got updated. Wonder if it's the achievement fix? Will try out asap!

e) nope

Two questions: Can I safely sell my very starting gear or do I need it later for transmog purposes etc? Because I liked the way it looked. And secondly, if I have/buy a scheme/recipe/diagram will it be removed from other vendors? I'm always worried that I'm buying the same recipe twice from different people because there's a lot to keep track of.

I think you can upgrade the starting chest but not sure about the others actually. As for recipes, yes, I do believe they are hidden but I actually am not 100% sure :)

Well, as for Keira,
I tried, man. It was all going so well, then I told her she couldn't go to Radovic. She says 'draw your sword' and I'm looking for the 'uh, no?' option but there was none. Thought if I used my fists she'd be spared, but no. Dead. Couldn't believe it. Went and saw how to get around it and I picked every correct answer right up until the end, where you have to tell her there's no way Radovic would pardon her. As a Witcher newbie I know nothing of Radovic so I didn't know how to answer.
I'm the kind of RPG player who says 'what's done is done, the story falls as it may' so I won't go back.

I'm on console, so that's not an option, but I've got money coming in enough now to make it less of an issue.

And thanks for the E2 tip, I have green diagrams but haven't made any weapons yet I don't believe.

Really looking forward to this Bloody Baron stuff over the weekend.

Holy hell! Had no idea you could kill Keira!

That starting Witcher Jacket can be upgraded. I stupidly got rid of mine almost straight from the get go and could not, for the life of me, remember if I sold it or dismantled it. Gutted, because that's the best looking piece of armour in the game. And once it's gone it's gone, you can't buy or create a new one (though you can re-buy yours from whoever you sold it too...).

GavinUK86

anyone got a complete list of every quest in the game? primary and secondary, in one list. it's surprisingly difficult to find something so simple.

valkyre

Man i love the game i have gotten even the platinum for it and now I am starting a new game+ playthrough but i have to say this for the record:

This game has some of the most annoying and irritating enemies ever to grace a videogame. The god damn constant swarming of enemies and their attack/dodge patterns really annoy the hell out of me... Its not that the game is hard. Its just annoying the way combat unfolds.

Great game possibly will share GOTY with MGSV, but the combat needs work...

Coreda

anyone got a complete list of every quest in the game? primary and secondary, in one list. it's surprisingly difficult to find something so simple.

It's not an exhaustive list but the IGN walkthrough page covers many of them. All the main story quests are covered afaik.

The game files could probably be mined for such a list, although it would only be quest names. It would still require something like a wiki for users to fill them out with relevant descriptions.

Nice avy btw :)

That starting Witcher Jacket can be upgraded. I stupidly got rid of mine almost straight from the get go and could not, for the life of me, remember if I sold it or dismantled it. Gutted, because that's the best looking piece of armour in the game. And once it's gone it's gone, you can't buy or create a new one (though you can re-buy yours from whoever you sold it too...).

If you're playing on PC you can use a console command to add a new one to your inventory, and you can even auto generate a new set of Kaer Morhen armor, boots, gloves, and pants that are near your level too.

Squishy3

Really hope I can finish this before MGS5. Just got to Skellige and continuing the main story for a bit before I go off and do that side quest on Faroe that's lower level than the quest where you go to Skellige, lol.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

I think the mastercrafted bear armor (DLC set) is the best in the game. Its truly awesome

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
One thing I never got used to is having to find a blacksmith for repairs like every other quest. But there isn't a spot in every location like you'd expect, I can't even find one in the massive city where there should be one on every corner. Is it really a case of having to warp to a certain town every time you need this? Really tedious, wish you could get rid of repairing in a mod.

One thing I never got used to is having to find a blacksmith for repairs like every other quest. But there isn't a spot in every location like you'd expect, I can't even find one in the massive city where there should be one on every corner. Is it really a case of having to warp to a certain town every time you need this? Really tedious, wish you could get rid of repairing in a mod.

You shouldn't need to repair that often, but anyway, what massive city are you talking about? Novigrad has two - three depending on how far you've come, and Oxenfurt and Skelliges bigger city all have at least two (armorer + blacksmith can repair anything). I've never had a problem finding one really.

Kain

Oh man, this game is SO good even the few fetch quests are good.

I shudder at the thought they can outdo themselves with Cyperpunk.

Eventually you can carry so many reparation kits that makes traveling to a blacksmith seem rather pointless. I only happen to repair my items there when I stumble upon one in my adventures.

Hoplatee

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/342/?

I don't know if they break achievements. I doubt it. As far as I know only Console Enabler does. But they seem to be still broken on Steam anyway :p

Just got to Skellige last night.

So pretty. Such a great visual change from Velen. Not that the Velen is bad but I have been playing this game off and on since launch so the change is super welcome.

Also I have kind of already gone all with with Triss and now I am hanging with Yennifer and I confused. I feel like Yennifer is more down Geralt's street but I think I have already put my eggs in the Triss basket since I have already done the Now or Never mission. I wonder how thats going to go

Whats with all the tiny updates lately? No notes as usual.

I love exploring the world and triggering a big part of a main story mission "by accident". Basically skipped a few steps ahead and see the red x's on the mission checklist. lol I love this game.

moop1167

What movement style are people using after that patch? The new one feels too video-gamey if that makes any sense. I put the game down since I am getting a new machine so I was going to pick back up then.

tauke

What movement style are people using after that patch? The new one feels too video-gamey if that makes any sense. I put the game down since I am getting a new machine so I was going to pick back up then.

I'm still using the default movement since I got used to it although I might play with alternate on my New Game+ playthrough.

The alternate movement is more responsive but it means the animation is more gamey as a result.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Just got to Skellige last night.

So pretty. Such a great visual change from Velen. Not that the Velen is bad but I have been playing this game off and on since launch so the change is super welcome.

Also I have kind of already gone all with with Triss and now I am hanging with Yennifer and I confused. I feel like Yennifer is more down Geralt's street but I think I have already put my eggs in the Triss basket since I have already done the Now or Never mission. I wonder how thats going to go

Did you do the Lighthouse love scene with Triss? If so, I recommend you stick with Triss and don't romance Yennefer whenever the opportunity's given.

Coreda

I think he meant the absent of a slow walk? I'm playing with mouse and keyboard so I don't think I see the slow or really slow walk transition.

So the more nuanced slow walking was removed from the controller movement in 1.07. What an backwards change.

REDkatja (CDPR dev) said:
The lack of slow walk is caused by a design decision. We've received multiple reports from users who would complain about Geralt's responsiveness being bad when transitioning from slow walking to stopping. It's a conscious choice, not a bug. We hope that you understand it. At the same time we would like to apologize for not clearing this up earlier in this topic. It was a misunderstanding on our side.

For PC users at least there's a mod that brings it back but console users are out of luck :/

Sai

I think he meant the absent of a slow walk? I'm playing with mouse and keyboard so I don't think I see the slow or really slow walk transition.
Yeah, the slowest, most leisurely lookin' walk animation was removed, for whatever strange reason.

[EDIT] - And there the reason is up above. Couldn't they have just left all the changes for the alternate movement? I miss it. :(

Did you do the Lighthouse love scene with Triss? If so, I recommend you stick with Triss and don't romance Yennefer whenever the opportunity's given.

Yup.

I was going to play it safe anyway since this game is all about choices and their consistences and I didn't want to be a total dick but man.... kind of regret it a little now from a character POV. Geralt is a stone cold dude. He should be with the stone cold lady.

Even though it makes sense for me as the play to pick the lady you have spent 2 games doing the business with.

I keep telling myself I shouldnt care that much about this stuff. lol.

I'm coming close to the end now with 35 hours played. I've done every contract mission and all the side quests that sounded interesting.

If I finish the story do I get dropped back in so I can round up the last few straggling missions and explore a bit more?

Just a yes/no please.

valkyre

I'm coming close to the end now with 35 hours played. I've done every contract mission and all the side quests that sounded interesting.

If I finish the story do I get dropped back in so I can round up the last few straggling missions and explore a bit more?

Just a yes/no please.

Yes. Mostly. Some missions / side quests become unavailable if you dont complete them before engaging the last mission.

GeeTeeCee

I'm still debating whether or not to wait for Skellige's Most Wanted and the Statuette quests to be fixed or just forge on and complete the main story.

I know I can probably go back and finish Skellige's Most Wanted after the main story, but the idea of giving up on the other quests doesn't sit well with me.

I've been playing this since release day. The Phantom Pain is almost out. What a time to be alive.

So, I found out this morning that I was on track to get the
bad ending.

The way
romancing
is handled is really poor, in my opinion. You spend the first section with
Triss
, and do a couple really enjoyable quests.

Then
she leaves
, and I did everything I could to stop it, as I thought we'd end up doing more stuff later on.

Then I
end up spending pretty much the rest of the game that I've played with Yen
and start coming around to
sticking with her, as it really felt like Geralt belonged with her

Too late, though. I'd already
said I love you to Triss 30+ hours ago
so I was basically hosed. Now I'm in the process of replaying about 10 hours of gameplay after going back and
breaking Yen's heart in the Last Wish quest. :(

Feels bad, man. They really could've handled all of this better, and in my opinion they should've had a final bit later on
where you can really cement your choices, after you've spent time with both of them.
The game also seems to
push you and Yen together, and make it feel like Yen is cannon, so the way they handled Triss is really, really dumb and lazy.

Oh well, I'm about halfway back to where I was. I really
didn't want to end up with Triss, as I guess she's basically not in the game very much, but I guess she's better than being forever alone...

Alright, rant over. I'm still loving the game, but this nonsense really annoyed me, especially since the way it's handled is pretty arbitrary and not up to snuff with a lot of the other dialogue choices in the game.

RedSwirl

Holy shit! I just road up on a guy standing next to a Wyern in a cage and he's calling it a Basilisk. I haven't even started the event yet but burst out laughing.

RedSwirl

Honestly the main quest regarding Ciri's trail is starting to get a bit tough to follow.
I just got done talking to Junior and caught his Ciri flashback. I haven't been to Skellige yet.

I think it's because this game doesn't highlight or dwell on important plot points in quite the same way most other games do. It seems to rely more on the player paying very close attention to dialogue and notes.

Top Bottom