• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Lucius86

Banned
I know I'm nearing the end after many hours of gameplay - but my god this game has been utterly brilliant. Just need to help out
Yennefer before finally finishing off the Hunt - I think.

And Triss, there will always be a bit of my heart for you even after this game's done.

This game really feels like the vision they had for the first two games which were always clearly limited in scope.

I must be an hour or two from the end now which is a shame. I'm loving it.

ebevan91

Honestly the main quest regarding Ciri's trail is starting to get a bit tough to follow.
I just got done talking to Junior and caught his Ciri flashback. I haven't been to Skellige yet.

I think it's because this game doesn't highlight or dwell on important plot points in quite the same way most other games do. It seems to rely more on the player paying very close attention to dialogue and notes.

It'll all make sense later. Think of the places she has been/things she's done as pieces of a puzzle.

Finalow

question about Crookback Bog quests.

I went for the Anna lives, children die route. question is, will I ever get a chance to kill the crones or this is just over?

Finished it, 41 hours of some of the best gaming I've ever had.

In the end,
Ciri became a witcher.

Reading about the three endings now, I think I got the one I liked the most, which means they did a good job of reflecting my choices.

I'll continue for a few more hours exploring I think... any word on DLC?

Squishy3

Finally cauight up with Dandelion and did his two sidequests. Carnal Sins was pretty good.

Is it worth doing Zoltan's sidequest? Kinda just wanna move on with the story now. :p

Coreda

I wonder if someone will make a thread in Gaming come the expansions, or whether this thread will be used. Guess we'll see.

Vico

Looks like I got a xp glitch again.
Finished a contract lvl 26 while being lvl 26... Got nothing.

I was on my way to continue the main quest, after finishing everything else... Don't know what to do now.

JoeNut

Im level 16 and just made all the feline armor, my build is fast attack with axii and quen signs, is the light armour suitable for this, or am i best off going for medium/heavy?

Im level 16 and just made all the feline armor, my build is fast attack with axii and quen signs, is the light armour suitable for this, or am i best off going for medium/heavy?

Wolf or Feline is what you what. Feline will do very well; it's built for fast-attacks and with the yellow skill that increases fast-attack for every light armor equipped you'll be fit for any battle. Wolf would do very well for you too.

Radec

Whoever thought of
]Imlerith's boss fight
combined with Death March needs to be fired. That shit was fucking impossible the first few tries.

I thought he was easy even on DM.

Just roll whenever he attacks then hit when he tires out.

question about Crookback Bog quests.

I went for the Anna lives, children die route. question is, will I ever get a chance to kill the crones or this is just over?

Near end spoiler:
You'll fight all of them, but can only kill 2

End spoiler:
One of the ending lets you kill the remaining Crone located in Crookback.

zer0das

Banned
I started my death march new game plus after finishing off my mastercrafted Wolven/Ursine (cept the Ursine steel sword). I think I'm only starting to appreciate how hilariously broken the alchemy tree is. The one that makes your mutagens stronger is pretty hilarious, since you get 900 vitality, 60% attack strength, or 60% sign strength from each mutagen with 3 of its color abilities in it if you have a maximum level one.

Then you get another 1000 health from having a decoction active. So if I really wanted to, I'd be at around 12.5k vitality. Or have +180% sign strength or +180% attack strength.

Kind of disappointed they don't let you have more abilities to equip, but if they did I feel like everything would be an absolute breeze unless they overtuned all the enemies. It doesn't feel all that different from death march on the first run, except you have so many tools to deal with stuff that unless you intentionally handicap yourself, it's a breeze. Least that's my one hour impression of it.

Had to restart my NG+ playthrough since I made a mistake, and didn't simulate a Witcher 2 save. I have to slog through White Orchard again, but I refuse to have Letho be dead in my playthrough.

Cake Boss

Banned
I have put in 49 hours and only just traveled to Skilliege.

I am gonna start focusing more on the Main Story, hopefully I dont miss much on the side quests.

This Ciri story is really lacking now, Its so hard to keep paying attention to the diologue as the story isnt that interesting at all.

Overall, the Ciri segments were one of the weakest parts of the game for me. Really came to dread anytime, during the story, a character started recalling seeing Ciri, because I knew it meant another vapid aside to play through.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Overall, the Ciri segments were one of the weakest parts of the game for me. Really came to dread anytime, during the story, a character started recalling seeing Ciri, because I knew it meant another vapid aside to play through.

I have put in 49 hours and only just traveled to Skilliege.

I am gonna start focusing more on the Main Story, hopefully I dont miss much on the side quests.

This Ciri story is really lacking now, Its so hard to keep paying attention to the diologue as the story isnt that interesting at all.

No wonder most people got
the worst Ciri ending
/s

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
No wonder most people got
the worst Ciri ending
/s

I think it's more because some of the dialogue options/choices that affect it don't seem like big decisions.

For instance, the three that messed me up where:

-I went with her to talk to the mages. I didn't take that as thinking she couldn't handle it. I just wanted to see the conversation etc.

-I told her something like "relax, you don't have to be good at everything" during the battle. I took that as reassuring/stop blaming yourself, not as a slight.

-I told her to calm down when she was losing her temper. Seemed like good advice given she'd nearly killed everyone the last time she blew up.

So I was a little annoyed when I got the bad ending and saw those were the reason why (I made the right choices on the other things that matter to get one of the good endings) as they all seemed like minor little things and I thought were supportive of Ciri. But no biggie since their aren't trophies for specific endings and I just watched the other's on Youtube.

I wasn't super invested in the story anyway as I haven't read the books or played the first two games.

Glass

Yeah, for me the only bad part of the game is lack of information about what your dialogue choices actually are. You'll pick one thing and it has the complete opposite effect to what you were going for.

Coreda

But no biggie since their aren't trophies for specific endings and I just watched the other's on Youtube.

Only available for the English version though. Thankfully I got an ending I loved. The quality of the Polish VA is so good. Polish Geralt has a handsome voice with natural low undertones, and Triss is a whole lot better.

Oh, and the woman who delivers the line "He scares me a little". Most attractive line in the game. Wasn't until much later that I managed to catch what the subtitle was. Had thought for the entire game the meaning was completely different from it's delivery.

Yeah, for me the only bad part of the game is lack of information about what your dialogue choices actually are. You'll pick one thing and it has the complete opposite effect to what you were going for.

I don't really remind the unpredictable nature of decision effects in the game, in general, but the Ciri ending stuff is basically CDPR attempting to interpret parental psychology into gameplay and, like dmaul1114 said, I don't really agree with how they did that.

Squishy3

Am I screwed? Spoilers for Count Reuven's Treasure

I got the key and gave it to him but I killed the fuck out of everyone at the witch hunters HQ and Triss burned it down. <_< Am I fucked out of a decent ending?

Not going to reset and do it all over again, since I've probably played 10 hours since I did that quest, just curious.

Am I screwed? Spoilers for Count Reuven's Treasure

I got the key and gave it to him but I killed the fuck out of everyone at the witch hunters HQ and Triss burned it down. <_< Am I fucked out of a decent ending?

Not going to reset and do it all over again, since I've probably played 10 hours since I did that quest, just curious.

Don't worry,
that quest doesn't impact the ending in any way.

So I think I'm near the ending?
Currently trying to get allies to defend Kaer Morhen against the Wild Hunt.

Problem is I'm stuck at level 26, and no amount of contracts yield good enough xp to level up for tier-3 gear (need to get to level 29). What am I supposed to do?

RedSwirl

Question about Novigrad/Oxenfurt quests:
Do Eye for an Eye (given by Roche) and A Deadly Plot (given by Dijkstra) conflict with each other? Which should I do first? I'm also in the middle of Redania's Most Wanted. I found the crystal in Philippa's lab but killed the witch hunters waiting outside. I haven't talked to Radovid since then. I think the owl staying at the inn in Novigrad is Philippa. Actually I've suspected that pretty much since Zoltan brought it in.

Also, what act am I in (if this game does indeed have acts)?

So I think I'm near the ending?
Currently trying to get allies to defend Kaer Morhen against the Wild Hunt.

Problem is I'm stuck at level 26, and no amount of contracts yield good enough xp to level up for tier-3 gear (need to get to level 29). What am I supposed to do?

Haha. Nope. I thought the same thing. There is still like, 6-7 hours of gameplay left. Maybe more.

Question about Novigrad/Oxenfurt quests:
Do Eye for an Eye (given by Roche) and A Deadly Plot (given by Dijkstra) conflict with each other?
I don't think they can conflict.

Also, what act am I in (if this game does indeed have acts)?
Act 1

Actually only the middle of Act 1 too, depending on how much main story you've done in that location. But Act 1 is longer than 2 and 3 combined.

Griss

Damn, I'm in Novigrad and looking for Dandelion has dragged on for hours now. Game has seriously dropped in quality since I got here. Shame since the city itself is awesome.

They really needed to find a way, either narratively or through gameplay to pace this section better, it's a real mess. I'm also beginning to think the entire plot of the game might just be finding Ciri, which would be ridiculous. As it is that 'quest' has gone on far too long and I've almost lost interest in finding her.

Not only that, but this section of the game is the first real time I've felt like I've been missing out by having this as my first exposure to the Witcher series. Feels like the game expects you to know and care for Triss and Dandelion already, because it certainly gives you no reason to. In a game of amazing, amazing characters I was really surprised at how poor Triss is, from her dialogue to the voice acting. Haven't met Dandelion but my word he is coming across as a tiresome ass throughout this investigation. I miss the Bloody Baron and Keira, they were amazing :(

I've just killed
Whoreson Junior
, how close am I to getting back to the countryside and monster hunting?

teokrazia

Not only that, but this section of the game is the first real time I've felt like I've been missing out by having this as my first exposure to the Witcher series.

Pretty much.
For rhythm, themes, characters and stuff that part is a huge throwback to the Chapters in Vizima of TW1 + other stuff from TW2.
Alot of long time fans, me included, found it awesome. :)

Hoplatee

Damn, I'm in Novigrad and looking for Dandelion has dragged on for hours now. Game has seriously dropped in quality since I got here. Shame since the city itself is awesome.

They really needed to find a way, either narratively or through gameplay to pace this section better, it's a real mess. I'm also beginning to think the entire plot of the game might just be finding Ciri, which would be ridiculous. As it is that 'quest' has gone on far too long and I've almost lost interest in finding her.

Not only that, but this section of the game is the first real time I've felt like I've been missing out by having this as my first exposure to the Witcher series. Feels like the game expects you to know and care for Triss and Dandelion already, because it certainly gives you no reason to. In a game of amazing, amazing characters I was really surprised at how poor Triss is, from her dialogue to the voice acting. Haven't met Dandelion but my word he is coming across as a tiresome ass throughout this investigation. I miss the Bloody Baron and Keira, they were amazing :(

I've just killed
Whoreson Junior
, how close am I to getting back to the countryside and monster hunting?

Almost done with it. I believe it's just one more quest after that.

And yes. The whole Novigrad section is exactly why I always keep on wondering why people say W1/W2 isn't required for W3. I know it is not 'needed' but you miss out on so much. It is pretty great if you know all the characters.

Squishy3

Found a beast that I'm pretty sure isn't in the bestiary.

2015-08-24_20-41-14sms8i.jpg

teokrazia

Played The Tower of Outta Nowheres and The Path of Warriors one after the other and was a really great combo of subquests.
Cannot believe how the game is still maintaining that inventive after so many hours, missions, stories, characters and level design solutions.

LPN7nQ8.jpg

GeeTeeCee

Well, after playing the game since launch, I finally finished it.

END SPOILERS:
Ciri chose to be a Witcher, Emyhr is still in power, Cerys is ruling Skellige, and Geralt and Yennefer are enjoying a quiet life
. While I know it isn't the "best" ending, it's one I can accept after several months of practically living in the world.

Looking forward to the dlc... and being able to finish Skellige's Most Wanted.

Alpende

I don't really understand all the armour types. I just shove in whatever has the highest number.

I believe a full set of Witcher gear gives you bonusses. Feline armor is mostly for fast attackers, although I use it with signs as well. Griffin armor is for sign builds and Bear armor is 'tank' like and doesn't really rely on signs or anything else, just (heavy) attacks. Wolf is a bit of everything I think and I believe that's regarded as the best armor.

Top Bottom