• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Coreda

Official artworks for the two expansions packs (source: http://www.eurogamer.cz/articles/20...adil-kolik-se-prodalo-zaklinae-3-a-kolik-stal)

pRtwPur.jpg

According to the source the images from the latest financial report. First image is a still from the Night to Remember trailer:

October can't come soon enough.

Davide

Yes. You'll have done most of the major sidequests already too. Some later in the game quests I recommend doing are "Tower from Nowhere" and the DLC quest "Skellige's Most Wanted."

Tallied up my total playtime and it's just under 98 hours with most of the significant sidequests completed. (Oddly, I managed to miss the actual Yennefer romance quest. I looked up when it occurs and that is a pretty small window that it's doable in.) If you want to check for yourself hit the hotkey for player stats in the skill tree window, it'll be at the bottom.
I must have played this game for over 150 hours but I was expecting there to be way more sidequests left. :/

Wait, can you miss it by the game's internal clock? Or do you have to continue the main quest to miss it? I've only been doing sidequests since I got it. At Ugly Baby and still haven't done Triss's romance quest either because I know she's not in the game much afterwards and I haven't picked between them yet.

Looks awesome.

Do we know if these will be post main story yet? Maybe a stupid question, haven't gotten to the ending.

Sai

NG+ has been out for more than a week now; was made available for Xbox One/PC users a lil' earlier last week, if I remember correctly.

[EDIT] - Yep, the 16th.

Edit 2: the An Skellig theme made it on at least, as When No Man Has Gone Before.
One of my favorites.

Words On Wind
The Tree When We Sat Once
Go For It
The Shrieker Contract

I must have played this game for over 150 hours but I was expecting there to be way more sidequests left. :/

Wait, can you miss it by the game's internal clock? Or do you have to continue the main quest to miss it? I've only been doing sidequests since I got it. At Ugly Baby and still haven't done Triss's romance quest either because I know she's not in the game much afterwards and I haven't picked between them yet.

Looks awesome.

Do we know if these will be post main story yet? Maybe a stupid question, haven't gotten to the ending.

Takes place before the ending. The first one takes place in Oxenfurt and Velen, the second in a new region (Toussaint).

I don't think that's the official artwork though. The first shot is from the 'A Night To Remember' CGI trailer. Or maybe we'll meet the Bruxa again in Toussaint!

Squishy3

Make your decision. Yennefer's quest disappears after you go back to Kaer Morhen as part of that quest. You should also do any side quests involving significant characters, they're pretty interesting and end up having effects on how events play out in the game.

There's still a lot of sidequests, but most of the in-depth ones are completable before you finish Act 1. A handful of more in-depth ones do make themselves known in the later acts, though. Act 1 is just so long that's where most of the content is. The other acts aren't anywhere near as long.

Vico

Aaaand I'm done. Incredible game for sure. Will be glad to go back to it for the DLC. Don't think I'll replay it anytime soon, though.

Didn't get the ending I'd have wanted, but I guess that's well deserved, after not wanting to participate in the game's politics. I'm a Witcher first and foremost, after all.

Go for Yen btw, provides the best and most interactions.

Squishy3

Don't think I'll replay it anytime soon, though.

Didn't get the ending I'd have wanted, but I guess that's well deserved, after not wanting to participate in the game's politics. I'm a Witcher first and foremost, after all.
In the same boat as you. I'll come back to it way down the line and look up how to achieve the different endings, but I'm keeping myself blind as to what they actually are. It's amazing how consistently good it is considering how absolutely massive it is and it's CDprojekt's first venture into a massive open-world game. Not to mention the plot doesn't really drag and every conversation in the game is interesting.

Ending spoilers:

And nearly every single interaction between Geralt and Ciri is wonderfully done. At the end when the flashbacks of everything she and Geralt did throughout the game is playing... fuzzy feelings. And all the bonding moments like the snowball fight and trashing A'vallach's lab (And Yen's goatee drawing, perfect) and burying Skjall... amazing. The merry adventure to kill the Crones and Imlerith were great as well.

I'm starting to get annoyed, Witcher 3 crashed last night and the day before. Then I got a glitch where geralt woudn't perform any actions so I had to sit and watch my ally kill everyone by himself. Now the game got stuck at a loading screen after not letting me save while walking around novigrad so I just closed it out.

Man, After playing this game since day 1, I can't believe that I'm watching the credits roll on this amazing journey. Geralt of Rivia will go down as one of the most legendary characters in video game history. What a fantastic experiencebut but it definitely feels like I just climbed a mountain. Thank you CDPR for this brilliant work of art.

I defeated that teleport boss and Eredin last night. Those two were honestly one of the easiest fights I had throughout the entire game. Imlerith was definitely the hardest.

Onwards to the last 30-60 minutes. The end is nigh.

mulac

Decided to finally start this today vs starting Arkham Knight.

Just caught up with Yennifer and practicing how to bow...this game.

I'm maybe half way through the game? Maybe? I
just murdered the shit out of Menge and now I need to go get Dandelion from that island
and I'm already looking forward to the DLC. It'll almost certainly be the first bit of DLC I actually go out of my way to buy.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This is pretty overwhelming, seeing as all the side quests have a handcrafted feel that makes me want to do them all. I'm 70 hours in and knowing that there's like 30 hours of dlc coming, I find it amazing how much time I'll be putting into this game without it ever feeling rote or trivial.

Anteater

the level scaling mod is neat, i'm just replaying on a fresh new game and just exploring areas and do things in whatever order

I'm just going to play this til I get sick of it lol

suberzat

If I was only Level 10 I wouldn't be exploring Skellige yet. Pretty sure most quests will be above your level anyway.

Yea it is but this is where the main quest has taking me. I can defend on my own with 3 or less monster(does not matter the amount of humans) Just need to get better gear

Sai

where are some good places to level up at? Im level 10 now and exploring Skellige
Just complete main and secondary quests, destroy monster nests and liberate abandoned settlements.

Lv10 does seem a bit early to be tackling Skellige; most don't go there until they're closer to Lv20, I think... But, well, that would certainly make the game more challenging than it would normally be.

Davide

Yea it is but this is where the main quest has taking me. I can defend on my own with 3 or less monster(does not matter the amount of humans) Just need to get better gear
Wow, I must have been Level 19 when I got to Skellige, that's way below suggested level. Maybe go back to Velen to level up more and look for Griffin gear for now? Have you been ignoring most of the sidequests?

Gaz_RB

Finally finished. Took my time and favored every second of it, and it was 100% worth it--The Witcher 3 is one of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had. And I've had a lot. The way the story meshed so well with the world and its atmosphere was just stellar.

I miss the characters and the world already.

Squishy3

this game is pretty huge and I'll probably switch to MGSV once it comes out.

will finish TW3 in 2016 confirmed.
MGSV is probably shorter, actually. I beelined this game pretty hard (Made most of my progress in the past 2 weeks) and my final playtime is just under 98 hours, and I did most of the significant sidequests as well.

Philippo

Just finished the Battle at Kaer Mohren, damn
Vesemir's death
hit me harder than i thought, after 3 games and a book i could properly feel the bond between him and Geralt, and the latter's representation of mourn was well done.

What i really liked about Vesemir's character is that unlike the other Wolf School Witchers which simply accepted their lifes, he had a real vocation for it, and you could feel it simply through his dedication to Kaer Morhen itself.

Also, i really don't know where i am relationship-wise: i kissed Triss at the masked party, said that we could try again but in the end let her go away; then went all the way through with Yen during The Last Wish, and unlocked (only) their second sex scene at the fortress; I guess we are officially together now?

Just finished the Battle at Kaer Mohren, damn
Vesemir's death
hit me harder than i thought, after 3 games and a book i could properly feel the bond between him and Geralt, and the latter's representation of mourn was well done.

What i really liked about Vesemir's character is that unlike the other Wolf School Witchers which simply accepted their lifes, he had a real vocation for it, and you could feel it simply through his dedication to Kaer Morhen itself.

Also, i really don't know where i am relationship-wise: i kissed Triss at the masked party, said that we could try again but in the end let her go away; then went all the way through with Yen during The Last Wish, and unlocked (only) their second sex scene at the fortress; I guess we are officially together now?

Did you have sex with Triss? If not, you're safe. edit: seems like you didn't, smart choice!

After a long hiatus, I jumped back into Witcher

For some reason, I am enjoying it so much more than I ever have. I just love getting drenched in the Witcher world.

While games like Dragon Age, Skyrim, Oblivion, have their interesting RPG worlds, they all eventually bored me immensely. I loved Oblivion, but never really took the time to invest in the lore. Dragon Age 1 had a nice story and lore that was worth reading. Inquisition was lame.

Witcher just exceeds everything. I care about reading the stories, I love the characters, the random conversations, and Im doing things for Dijkstra now...I feel like I'm playing a GTA game with the way I do missions for certain characters. The humour is also fantastically written, as is most the other stuff. It feels so genuine.

I would love if the next GTA had choices and random stories that you happened to find.

The mythical creatures in Witcher also add so much personality to the game. I love reading about them and finding ways to beat them. I care about alchemy and crafting.

Never really cared about this kind of stuff in other RPGs

I also love Geralt. His dexter-like attitude and magnificent beard. The facial animations that make dialogue worth watching. So perfect

I also found my way to Skellige but went back to Velen because I got overwhelmed

Im becoming sad that Ive played so much. I want more. I hope the Expansion is truly sizeable.

Combat, despite feeling hack and slash, has also come to be enjoyable with the signi and buffs.

My only disappointment is playing on PS4. I wish I bought this for PC as my PC would have run it on ultra

I love the world building, the towns that turn into forests, the fields and farms... I wish I wasnt so dumb to buy it for PS4.

shlimmy

Neo Member
Can someone tell me how health works?

I mean, how do I know which food is the best and has the fastest health regeneration?

The effect duration for different foods is shown in the inventory screen. I believe cow's milk and water have the longest duration.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
After a long hiatus, I jumped back into Witcher

For some reason, I am enjoying it so much more than I ever have. I just love getting drenched in the Witcher world.
Same way with me, I burned out hard on this 50 hours in because I just did 70 hours in Inquisition & 100 in Bloodborne, and I wanted to do all these very organic-feeling side quests but it was really dragging.

After a couple months I come back and I really appreciate things on a really deep level now that I've got some perspective.

I started a new playthough after upgrading my GPU and updating to the latest patch.

With 60 fps and the more responsive movement system, it's like a whole new game :eek:
Feels so good

Top Bottom