• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

I'm currently in the Desert area and could use a hint for
one of the hanging wheel puzzles in the water control part. This one doesn't appear to be showing a shadow line reflecting off the mirrored image regardless of where the water is. I've been fiddling around with the water settings for a good while now.

It's the one on the right: http://i.imgur.com/e5A2OtZ.jpg

I did all of these puzzles today and I don't think that one is any different than the others. Note that sometimes, you need to look at the reflection while the water level is still changing. But yeah, it's just trial and error. Keep moving around while changing the water level constantly, and hopefully you'll eventually view it from the magic angle at the right time to be able to see the solution. I really didn't enjoy that area much

Shahadan

The shortcut between the jungle and the tree temple/bonsai house is making me CRAZY. Same thing for the fucking blue panel.door next to it with the similar pattern.

Can someone help me?

I tried to check
shadows and branches but I can't make sense of them.
I completed both areas already so it's even more annoying :lol:

Mindlog

The shortcut between the jungle and the tree temple/bonsai house is making me CRAZY. Same thing for the fucking blue panel next to it with the similar pattern.

Can someone help me?

I tried to check
That shortcut is devious. Don't spoil yourself. Just know that the keys to both are right where they should be. You'll see it soon enough.

One hint:
They keys to both use the same idea, but with a different execution.
Question for the swamp regarding tetris rules

Why does this work
http://www.imgur.com/S3Q6RIV.jpg

But not this
http://www.imgur.com/MsTUDkK.jpg
The second one inverts a piece. The first outline contains two 'solutions', but only one of them is correct.

I don't get the first Tetris puzzle right after you move the
bridge

Wtf? I'm pretty sure I did everything right but ...no...it's not.

Edit: Okay, wow.....they never explained this. So it really is like tetris but can't "rotate" them?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The shortcut between the jungle and the tree temple/bonsai house is making me CRAZY. Same thing for the fucking blue panel.door next to it with the similar pattern.

Can someone help me?

I tried to check

Blue door you're on the right lines. Quite tricky though.
roots/branches on the hill looking down on that door. There are about three sets of roots that look like they'd overlay to fit, but only one works.

Main door to the garden might have been the same, but from a different area, not sure.

I did all of these puzzles today and I don't think that one is any different than the others. Note that sometimes, you need to look at the reflection while the water level is still changing. But yeah, it's just trial and error. Keep moving around while changing the water level constantly, and hopefully you'll eventually view it from the magic angle at the right time to be able to see the solution. I really didn't enjoy that area much

I'm stuck in the same area, on the
Zig-zaggy sawtooth looking puzzle on the right. I can only catch a glimpse of a fraction of the solution.
The last puzzle I did in that room was
The one that rises and falls with the water level. I couldn't tell what it activated when I solved it, so I could be barking up the wrong puzzle.

Did I miss something else that I need to solve first?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Zig-zaggy sawtooth looking puzzle on the right. I can only catch a glimpse of a fraction of the solution.
The one that rises and falls with the water level. I couldn't tell what it activated when I solved it, so I could be barking up the wrong puzzle.

Not that I could figure out - it's horrible. Spent maybe 20-30 mins standing in different locations with the water going uo and down, trying to get a decent glimpse. In the end I could get an OK look at the right hand 2/3rd but for the left side I just brute forced it - not too many combinations.

Shahadan

Blue door you're on the right lines. Quite tricky though.
roots/branches on the hill looking down on that door. There are about three sets of roots that look like they'd overlay to fit, but only one works.

Main door to the garden might have been the same, but from a different area, not sure.

Yeah that's what I thought but I can't see shit. T_T
Oh well I'll keep trying .

Not that I could figure out - it's horrible. Spent maybe 20-30 mins standing in different locations with the water going uo and down, trying to get a decent glimpse. In the end I could get an OK look at the right hand 2/3rd but for the left side I just brute forced it - not too many combinations.

Any clues as to where I should stand?
I swear I banged my head against this puzzle for about an hour last night before I moved on.

Wait do I need to finish that before they show up?

No, but that panel will help you understand what needs to be done. EDIT: And in the time it took me to post this you got it :p

So I gave in and restarted after realizing
there's a missable hidden line in the tutorial area
and now really want to relight all 7 of the beacons I had lit but decided to take a break from re-solving areas to do new ones. The jungle is not just hard but damn stupid in my opinion, not everyone can
differentiate sounds
as well as others. I have no qualms with cheating on the harder panels there since otherwise I'd probably just guess my way through :S Now I'm working in the greenhouse (which I guess is the bunker people mention?) and this place is interesting; shame that squares are the symbol I'm weakest at working out.

Plasma

Banned
How do you know you're done with an area or how many puzzles you've solved? I just finished (I think?)
the pink tree area with the green trees that have the apples on them. I unlocked the last gate but all that is in there are some sketches.

No, but that panel will help you understand what needs to be done.

So I gave in and restarted after realizing
there's a missable hidden line in the tutorial area
and now really want to relight all 7 of the beacons I had lit but decided to take a break from re-solving areas to do new ones. The jungle is not just hard but damn stupid in my opinion, not everyone can
differentiate sounds
as well as others. I have no qualms with cheating on the harder panels there since otherwise I'd probably just guess my way through :S Now I'm working in the greenhouse (which I guess is the bunker people mention?) and this place is interesting; shame that squares are the symbol I'm weakest at working out.

It's not missable. You can turn on the gate again later on, after getting all 11 beacons.

This one is tough.

I wasn't sure what the one you do just before does eithet, but I think it
lights up a lamp you need for the one you're doing now.

There are two different spots you need to stand at to get the information for the solution. One is in front of the panel, sort of halfway across the room. The other spot is close to the exit of the room, sort in front and on the left-hand side of the panel. You may not get the entire path this way, but you will get just enough information so that you can deduce the entire solution.

Nah, no need to brute force. Sounds like you missed the spot
on the left-hand side of the panel

Avoid getting it spoiled for you at all costs.
If you really can't find it the game will help you out later. It gives you a very obvious clue. I laughed a bit at how heavy handed it was.

Man, I just got this spoiled for me by clicking on the wrong thing on the last page. And I even saw the clue ages ago and didn't realize what it meant.

This page just makes it sadder.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Holy fuck, when the game starts combining all these rules, often in the same damn square, my brain wants to cry. But I'm steadily making progress, just over 200 panes in now...

Motherfucker

Haha, yeah. I was going to restart after getting everything if that's the only one I missed but thankfully Jonathan's not that cruel. The way you turn it back on is actually amazing imo.

---

Regarding the ending, I feel there was a missed opportunity here:
You almost 100% know about environmental puzzles on this one, so it would be INCREDIBLE if the whole island was a puzzle.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
What does the grey panel in the
Quarry
do? I solved it, but there are no power lines leading me anywhere.

Top Bottom