• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

Wok

Also figured out what the hexagon maps are for, finally. I had been to the location before, but completely forgot about it. I have four maps, and I'm assuming there's one more behind the ship door, and no idea on the last one.

Yes.

Keep hearing rumours about more stuff on top of the mountain, but went back up there with 11
lasers
and found nothing new, including when I went through endgame again.

Let me laugh a bit. :D

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Even though the tetris puzzles in the marsh seemed harder, I could wrap my head around them better than the star puzzles in the treehouse. The laser is near, and even though there are some optional ones I missed, I'm heading straight to another area after this, I need a palette cleanser. Still got Desert, Quarry, Jungle and Town left to do.

BeeDog

This is for both of you.

By the time you reach the maze, you have already solved it.

What's the trick? Pleeeeease.

I am aware the second panel shows the path through the maze, and I am able to solve the triangle puzzles in the maze, but I end up getting destroyed by the last two pillars.

Vintage

Hint 1:
There's something there that's not activated yet.

Hint 2:
One cable leading out of the box is still off.

Can someone explain the puzzle that cable leads to? Or, without spoilers, what these obscure puzzles with yellow triangles mean? What's their mechanic?

Someone just givee the answer to the damn "oh OHHHH oh!" Bird bullshit

I swear I entered everything i could from both bird sound and Im getting really annoyed

I am aware the second panel shows the path through the maze, and I am able to solve the triangle puzzles in the maze, but I end up getting destroyed by the last two pillars.

I guess that's all the tricks I know. Unless this counts...

Those two pillars don't reset, so you can just guess if you think you have it. Also, sidestepping around it while your incorrect line is fading out is the easiest way to see what's going wrong.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm officially a broken man, the challenge has destroyed me :'( Worse than any Souls game, ever.

Might give it a crack tomorrow/next week, might abandon the game altogether.
Yeah, fuck this thing. What asshole had the bright idea with the
maze section with blocked off paths and you have to run around even trying to find the active panels?!
This thing is a pain for reasons other than skill at the panels themselves.

What's the trick? Pleeeeease.

I guess that's something...

But this is obnoxious.

Can someone explain the puzzle that cable leads to? Or, without spoilers,
what these obscure puzzles with yellow triangles mean? What's their mechanic?

Tutorial panels for that were hidden all throughout the game. If you find a handful of these, you can reverse-engineer the mechanic from them.

Bamboo Forest?

I've done:
The Town
The Monastery
Treehouses
Quarry
Desert
Marsh
Bunker (?) [The one with the different colored lights and elevator
Bamboo
The Keep
Forest
But I can't find anything else, and I keep hearing that there are 11 areas. Unless
the mountain counts as one of the 11?

OK, so ENDGAME SPOILERS
that record player thing is bullshit. I'm guessing there's multiple puzzles in that room that's basically the Treasure Chest minigame from Majora's Mask? I completed one, ran into the final room and nothing fucking happened.

I've done:
The Town
The Monastery
Treehouses
Quarry
Desert
Marsh
Bamboo
The Keep
Forest
But I can't find anything else, and I keep hearing that there are 11 areas. Unless

You're missing
Symmetry, the first area to your left as you leave the starting area.

*Splinter

I've done:
The Town
The Monastery
Treehouses
Quarry
Desert
Marsh
Bamboo
The Keep
Forest
Oh you missed symmetry somehow? That's the first one for pretty much everyone :p
Between the desert and the start

OK, so ENDGAME SPOILERS
that record player thing is bullshit. I'm guessing there's multiple puzzles in that room that's basically the Treasure Chest minigame from Majora's Mask? I completed one, ran into the final room and nothing fucking happened.

Solve everything before the music stops.

The music will stop by itself when you finish successfully.

You're missing
Symmetry, the first area to your left as you leave the starting area.

Oh wait, I have that one too. Maybe I miscounted my lights lol!

Okay, is there a trophy for every light?

Edit: Never mind. I figured it out. I miscounted my lights, then used my phone to check the trophies without synching them. I have them all.

Is there a
point of no return?

I had to cheat with the bird sounds

Incredibly fucking pissed at how annoying it is hearing a bunch of chirps together.

Im so broken

Stoze

I solved the Ship Wreck puzzle on accident.. I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand I finally opened that stupid fucking door, but on the other I still feel clueless. Was it not the
droplets? I assume it was the loud creeky ship noises?

Answer:
It's both. You do orange as the slow creeky noises and pink as the droplets, if I remember correctly.

trillbo

In the jungle:
Where does the pink cable go after completing the puzzles on the back of the ground that pops up?

Also, 999MB patch is downloading?

peakish

Jaysus, I was going to play a bit before bed and spent four hours in the game. Solved quite a few problems I'd given up on previously, and had my mind blown at a few of them.

Some puzzle segments go on a bit too long (
COUGH tetris COUGH
), but I'm absolutely amazed at how so much of this just comes together into a fantastic whole. I'm still just walking around, discovering areas and doors I hadn't seen. The game rocks.

I feel like the bird puzzle qas trying to tutorial the small and big dot pieces... but I think I missed the lesson. What the rule there?

Wok

Jaysus, I was going to play a bit before bed and spent four hours in the game. Solved quite a few problems I'd given up on previously, and had my mind blown at a few of them.

Some puzzle segments go on a bit too long (
COUGH tetris COUGH
), but I'm absolutely amazed at how so much of this just comes together into a fantastic whole. I'm still just walking around, discovering areas and doors I hadn't seen. The game rocks.

If you enjoy it so far, let us say you are in for many treats.

I feel like the bird puzzle qas trying to tutorial the small and big dot pieces... but I think I missed the lesson. What the rule there?

Listen.

Asgan

Neo Member
There is a map within the game that shows the locations of all obelisks, lasers, logs, triangle puzzles and movie theater clues. I'll let everyone figure out what it is by themselves. :)

BraXzy

I am in the normal forest next to the orange forest, I've completed the
right side avoiding the shadows, I found that clicked for me super quick and easy. This side where you have to follow the branches was just as easy up until this one. I am either missing something obvious or going mad because I don't get what I'm doing at all. I've tried every line I think might be right but the branches are so wonky I don't even know anymore :3

https://i.gyazo.com/150ece1c94c80721623bf5de51127c44.jpg

I'm kinda stuck. I am in the Tree
house section and have just come across a panel with a blue tetris piece on it. I was thinking it somehow cancels out the other pieces,
but nothing seems to be working.

HoodWinked

I'm kinda stuck. I am in the Tree
house section and have just come across a panel with a blue tetris piece on it. I was thinking it somehow cancels out the other pieces,
but nothing seems to be working.

have you finished the
swamp
area? simply getting more reps with those puzzles may give you a better idea to solve it.

right side avoiding the shadows, I found that clicked for me super quick and easy. This side where you have to follow the branches was just as easy up until this one. I am either missing something obvious or going mad because I don't get what I'm doing at all. I've tried every line I think might be right but the branches are so wonky I don't even know anymore :3

Ah, think I remember this one.

I believe you can close a gate behind you to reduce the shadows.

Yeah, the answer is right there.

Hint: Follow the shadows

Solution: Follow the shadow of only one branch. :p

HoodWinked

just be more mindful of when the branches are separate they need to be fully connected

Ah, think I remember this one.

I believe you can close a gate behind you to reduce the shadows.

thats a different one on the opposite side of that orange barrier

ThisOne

Question about just after activating the first laser:

There are puzzles around that island where you have to trace land masses and then trees. I completed all of them. Anything else suppose to happen after doing that?

Top Bottom