• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

Fills the screen, FRAPS screenshot says it's 3440x1440 but it doesn't look like internal rendering is happening at that res, it's very blurry.

People on Steam forums reporting that the game renders at a lower resolution and then upscales to native resolution and there's no way to change FOV.

That's unacceptable.

So, the PC options are quite disappointing. Not possible to choose resolution. One general quality setting, fullscreen/windowed and vsync/off - that is it. Screenshot:
witness8grk7.png

In-game settings are the same.

Well now I'm pissed. I comfy couch so I need to increase Windows to 125%. This makes games think I'm actually running at 720p if I can't manually change the resolution.

What was he thinking???

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam says the game doesn't support controllers but it works just fine. Using steam controller with analog as well as kb/m bindings

Partial controller support generally means full controller support in the game itself but a launcher that needs kb&m input, which is the case here.

So.....did you get an answer from Rudds? I'm really curious if you stumbled on some end game related that early in the game or if it was something Brad hadn't seen yet.

Not yet! I *think* we're on the same page but I'm really curious if we had the same experience.

So do I out music on over it or no? Not sure I can do 40+ hours of just footsteps and the occasional mechanical noise.

There's a ton of ambient noise - I wouldn't worry. There's a lot of sound even without music.

brobban

Alright, so before I make up my mind about which platform to go with, I need to know the following:
- What is the actual resolution on PC since it can't be set?I run a 2560x1440 screen, and anything below is unacceptable.
- On PS4, what's the framerate, and is it locked?

hort22

dont have the game yet...but some people are saying how many panels they have solved followed by and x and another number...what does that mean?

Hedon

Banned
So PS4 or PC version...any verdict yet? Either way Ill be playing on a 1080p TV with a controller (DS4 or 360 pad).

Just curious if they are graphically identical.
I have it on Windows and my son has it on PS4. The PC version looks much better.

samred

It's not
footsteps but appears to use the same concept as the jungle -- there are a bunch of water droplet sounds at various pitches that trigger when you stand in front of it but I can't work out the sequence.

I have been stuck on this specific spot for... three months now.
I have walked all over the ship, tried to hear noises at each spot, gone to other parts of the island looking for more clues about its colored dots, and on and on and on.
I might finally cave in on this one in terms of looking for help from the hive mind.

There's only one other spot I'm stuck on. Not gonna talk about that one yet, not even with Spoiler tags. But holy shit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks. Apparently one guy there is officially affiliated with either the witness or steam or something. Says he'll provide a resolution fix shortly.

He's a Thekla employee as per the PC name in the log he posted (ANDYS_PC_THEKLA).

AsfaeksBR

So, my game has no sound at all. And it looks like a common bug because a lot of people are complaining about it on the Community...

Would anybody be interested in trading a Steam key of this game for a PS4 copy? I write for a small gaming site, publisher sent us a PS4 code, trying to play it on PC if possible.

Grexeno

Someone help me out with this puzzle that I appear to have solved, but doesn't seem to be continuing in its chain.

In the structure under construction right by the pier, there's a blue panel where you guide a green dot through without touching the shadows left by branches. I got a green solution, but there are two other wires coming out of the panel, leading to a box on the ground where the third, green wire also leads to, with a single wire coming out.

Going to take a break. 252 puzzles solved and boy is this game great.
Currently at the desert ruins, stuck in
the rectangular grid after the water room. I can see the solution but some wooden boards don't let me input it.

Someone help me out with this puzzle that I appear to have solved, but doesn't seem to be continuing in its chain.

In the structure under construction right by the pier, there's a blue panel where you guide a green dot through without touching the shadows left by branches. I got a green solution, but there are two other wires coming out of the panel, leading to a box on the ground where the third, green wire also leads to, with a single wire coming out.

Is it near the orange trees? If it is what I think it is, the wires go underground in the directions of the orange trees

Some of the puzzles dont make sense to me. Spoiler even though its not a spoiler, just playing it safe.

im in a garden area with a couole mazes to walk through. Not hard mazes. Im opening up doors, but its just by luck because there is nothing around to give me any guidance on what would solve the line puzzle. At first i thought it might be the maze route, but most arent even mazes, just shrubs to walk around. Any idea what i should be looking for?

hort22

the rectangular grid after the water room. I can see the solution but some wooden boards don't let me input it.

how long have you been playing to solve that many?

Draper

The fuck? How long have you had the game?

MUnited83

For you.
People on Steam forums reporting that the game renders at a lower resolution and then upscales to native resolution and there's no way to change FOV.

That's unacceptable.

Lol wow

GAF priorities.

Never mind the eight years of development time, millions of dollars of development costs, and 40-100 hours of gameplay. There aren't enough PC customization options. Shut it down guys!

Resolution options are like the bare minimum one should do.

Top Bottom