• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

Ricker

If you plan on doing that then I would say skip this as you won't get much enjoyment out of it. From all the review/previews it seems like half of the interest in the game is due to the discovery when you complete puzzles and the feel good feeling you get when you finally get over a hurdle that has been blocking you.

If you think you'd be Youtubing a lot of solutions you should probably just watch a lets play for now. The Witness also sounds like it has a lot less story than TTP so you want have the rewards of story beats once you complete a puzzle either.

Thanks,I'll pass then.

Zojirushi

Can anybody report in on motion sickness issues?

Usually I'm not very sensitive to it but I got motion sick just watching the giant bomb quicklook., not sure what the reason is.

F311

Well I seem to have missed the tutorial at the beginning and now i have no idea what each puzzle requries me to do, is there something online i can read?

Dinjooh

Usually I'm not very sensitive to it but I got motion sick just watching the giant bomb quicklook., not sure what the reason is.

Wife usually gets motion sick. She's said nothing about it so far and she's played around 7-8 hours by now.

eznark

Banned

I've never experience motion sickness while playing a game in my life. Really ever, except one time fishing on Lake Michigan in a massive storm.

This game makes me slightly queezy.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How's the performance on ps4? I'm torn on what platform to get it on. I have a fairly high end pc that I'm sure would run this perfect 1080 60fps but if its the same on ps4 I'd get it there to play on my nice TV in the livingroom.

And for the pc players how's they keyboard and mouse controls when interacting with the puzzles? Is it better or worse with a controller? I prefer fps gaming with a keyboard and mouse so that could sway me back to the PC.

I do have the elite controller I could use on PC.... Hmmm decisions, decisions.

Solid. Only a tiny bit of slowdown i'veboticed when running up some stairs in the desert. But it was fleeting.

Speaking of which - in the desert
i was curious why there was a sloped set of tiles on the coast
so I
took a boat past it. When the sun hit the middle, it kind of exploded
. Did that do anything? When I went back there I couldn't see anything obvious, and when I
went past again on the boat it didn't do it anymore

Having to set a launch option to change the resolution is kind of insane, but at least there's a fix.

I don't understand how they overlooked that though.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
It's not
footsteps but appears to use the same concept as the jungle -- there are a bunch of water droplet sounds at various pitches that trigger when you stand in front of it but I can't work out the sequence.

I don't have the game in front of me to check, but I don't think that's right? I think it works like Symmetry Island, like I said. The
sound
might be a hint/guide steering you towards the correct solution, but I don't think it's the actual heart of the puzzle. - You just have to envision where the invisible second line is.

There are more of this exact size/type of puzzle in other spots
that don't have sound cues
- there's one you can find by hanging a right and walking into
the side of the mountain
before reaching the summit.

Kyoufu

I had to take a break because the game actually ended up giving me a headache after two hours.

You know a puzzle game is good when it gives you a headache.

For anyone who completed the desert puzzle quest, I need a little help.

In the room where you can regulate the water there is 1 tile that is floating on the water surface, near the scaffolding. I know that I need to move around so the light above it lets me see a pattern.

I can not figure out what the pattern is though. I can see the 'burned' marks but i can not figure out what to do. Trying to recreate the pattern does absolutely nothing.

Azalean

Banned
GAF priorities.

Never mind the eight years of development time, millions of dollars of development costs, and 40-100 hours of gameplay. There aren't enough PC customization options. Shut it down guys!

More like PC gamer priorities. More concerned with AA, Res, Framerate than gameplay.

DeviantBoi

Yeah, this game is killing me.

I called in sick because I really wanted to play this game, but 30 minutes in and I felt like I wanted to throw up.

Very disappointed.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Reposting..

One puzzle grid near the water right at the beginning is annoying me. It looks like
the cable just behind it should be used as the template to follow
but I've tried drawing it out about five time and it won't register.

For anyone who completed the desert puzzle quest, I need a little help.

In the room where you can regulate the water there is 1 tile that is floating on the water surface, near the scaffolding. I know that I need to move around so the light above it lets me see a pattern.

I can not figure out what the pattern is though. I can see the 'burned' marks but i can not figure out what to do. Trying to recreate the pattern does absolutely nothing.
Hahahaha yep we are stuck at the same bit. Spent a solid 40 minutes running around there.

rje

Dumb question: Is the game auto-saving? I haven't noticed any sort of indicator, and I don't want to lose my progress

rje

Yeah, this game is killing me.

I called in sick because I really wanted to play this game, but 30 minutes in and I felt like I wanted to throw up.

Very disappointed.

Are you playing on PC? I went into settings to reduce the mouse rotation speed and it helped a bunch

Jeremy

Is this a multiplayer game? I read someone say "you should get it for console if that's what your friend is playing on, it's fun with friends!" but I can't find anything about it when I Google it.

Grexeno

Is it near the orange trees? If it is what I think it is, the wires go underground in the directions of the orange trees
No that doesn't appear to be it. This is the sequence of puzzles leading up to it:

1. Controlling two lines to go above the palm trees
2. Follow wire as it coils around fence (half blocked by orange wall)
3. Point chart based on apple tree

Top Bottom