• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

74228a5.jpg

Wait what 10 GB ? Knowing nintendo network, this is going to be a longass download. Thinking of just getting the physical copy...

69wpm

I know US GAF is annoyed by everyone in Europe posting pics of their game, so here is something to look forward to, if you attend PAX:

Fans anticipating the launch of The Wonderful 101 on Sept. 15 won’t want to miss “Inside The Wonderful 101 with Hideki Kamiya,” a special session at which the Platinum Games creative director will share insight into the vision behind this superhero-themed Wii U exclusive action game. The session will take place at the Pegasus Theater in the Sheraton Seattle Hotel at 5 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 1. Additionally, an actor wearing a costume based on Wonder-Red from the game will distribute Wonder-Masks to attendees during the show, while supplies last.

69wpm

Weird, TheGameCollection hasn't sent mine out either. Pikmin 3 was sent out 2 days before launch in the morning. Looks like I will not be able to play it this weekend :(

Edit: Oh well, it was dispatched just now!

monome

getting the game from my shop in 3 hrs.

gonna grab beers
some food
and a stick for swollen eyes.

tomorrow will be long at work

PS : and it's new comics day...
fuck my sleep.

Dave Long

Banned
I know US GAF is annoyed by everyone in Europe posting pics of their game, so here is something to look forward to, if you attend PAX:
That's seriously awesome. I hope someone can get that session recorded and posted online afterward. No way I can make it across the country for that, but I would love to hear what Kamiya has to say.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Why is the game at #13 and #17 positions in the UK and DE estores, respectively?

monome

1080p/60FPS/102"/5.1/dual screens

I shit you not, WiiU is next-gen, and has Kamiya/PG latest game

kxc103a.jpg

thanks a bunch Nintendo/PG*

Shahadan

I'm starting to feel the game might be a little too long. It's not Okami-level but still. On the other hand it's definitely worth its price on that regard.

Shahadan

Two questions:

1. Are game releasing this early?

2.how does the Nintendo discount work?

They should have already released it, but after the pikmin 3 drama I guess they got scolded and will release at the same time as on eShop

You go to the premium discount website and you get a 5€ code after you've spent 50€ (taxes are not counted, so a bit more than that actually)

Hypron

1377118414-yay.png

:D
You can also appreciate the dangers of using non-ascii characters on a website that doesn't support unicode

I'll only get the game in two weeks though... Which isn't too bad actually, because that's when my mid-semester holidays start. I can't wait!

Ugh, the wait till the 15th will be brutal. I've been anticipating the top notch action, but those character blogs/videos are awesome. I haven't been this hyped about a game's story since Metroid: Other M. Let's hope this one turns out a bit better than that :)

kunonabi

I'm starting to feel the game might be a little too long. It's not Okami-level but still. On the other hand it's definitely worth its price on that regard.

as long as we don't fight the same boss again and again it shouldn't be as bad. okami felt like blatant padding which is what annoyed me about it. if w101 is too long out of pure self-indulgence then it shouldn't be too much of an issue. besides there worse things than too much kamiya.

Exile20

Ugh, the wait till the 15th will be brutal. I've been anticipating the top notch action, but those character blogs/videos are awesome. I haven't been this hyped about a game's story since Metroid: Other M. Let's hope this one turns out a bit better than that :)

I am with you there. Shit is brutal. I want this game so bad.

Frodo

So much envy of everyone already with the game... :p

Can't wait to get the game tomorrow. Will buy a beer or two to keep me company while I wait for the game to download! ^^

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If anybody is able to make it to PAX Prime, Nintendo will actually be selling The Wonderful 101 days before it hits every other store.

Anybody have a spare ticket?

D-e-f-

Banned
Hold up, I thought Nintendo were going to honor those who purchased early with the Game download code..:-/

But GAME doesn't have a promotion, the eShop does. So you can't buy the game 30% cheaper from GAME obviously. You just needed to have Pikmin as a non-retail version registered. Where you got it from didn't matter. But the price reduction is applied IN the eShop.

You want to buy bananas at the supermarket because they're 30% off this week if wear a banana-colored shirt. But you find yourself in your uncles little grocery store around the corner and tell him "hey, give me those bananas for 30% off, I'm wearing a banana colored shirt" and he'll just look at you like u mad crazy, bro.

Nintendo did honour those. But to get the discount on TW101 you have to buy it on the eShop.

But GAME doesn't have a promotion, the eShop does. So you can't buy the game 30% cheaper from GAME obviously. You just needed to have Pikmin as a non-retail version registered. Where you got it from didn't matter. But the price reduction is applied IN the eShop.

You want to buy bananas at the supermarket because they're 30% off this week if wear a banana-colored shirt. But you find yourself in your uncles little grocery store around the corner and tell him "hey, give me those bananas for 30% off, I'm wearing a banana colored shirt" and he'll just look at you like u mad crazy, bro.

Ok...thanks guys :)

Shahadan

Do they at least mix the fight up ala DMC? Or is it straight fight the exact same boss with no variation 3 times like Orochi in Okami?

It's the same fight but the guy gets a new attack each time iirc. Doesn't change much in any case.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It's the same fight but the guy gets a new attack each time iirc. Doesn't change much in any case.

Sounds like the Jeanne fights

if they can be beaten as fast as those I have no problem with it.(no cinematics acting as a speed limit for the encounter)

The only Kamiya game I had a problem with Boss Rush in was Okami.

I loved it in VJ and liked the ways he brought back bosses in Bayo and DMC1

I wonder just how many damn enemy types are in this game. The most basic mooks in this one are about the least entertaining to fight in any Kamiya action games, but the bigger guys like the Tank/Scorpion/Big-Ass Robot are fun to dance with.

Top Bottom