• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

wsippel

Banned
So, Amazon Germany shipped my copy a few hours ago. Which means I'll either get in a couple of hours if they shipped it via DHL, or some time next week if it's one of the unbelievably slow regional services they sometimes use...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I was not a fan of the demo the first time I tried it, but after watching a bit of an explanation on YouTube and playing it again, I rather like it. It still feels a bit awkward, but I can see that this one is going to be a lot of fun.

Regiruler

I just thought of this in the iwata asks thread: what would be your top 3 new unite morphs you would want in a theoretical sequel?

1. Lance
2. Dagger (with a chain)
3. Bow

Frodo

Less than

z5y7Snl.png

I'm downloading it at midnight! :D

Hopefully I'll get my Wii U tommorow, then I'll try picking the game up on Saturday!

VVV--- The joy of these games is figuring it out for yourself and finding your own style. Don't be discouraged just because you're having a rough start.

Just waiting on the postman.

Are there any videos showing fighting tricks or explaining the combat in detail? I was terrible at the demo.

nickcv

4iNDpoo.png

It will be mine tomorrow!
and I won't be able to play it until tuesday because some friends are coming over for the weekend >.<

monome

quicky impressions :

FUCK YEAHS!

longer impressions :

FUCK YEAH FULL OF UNLOCKABLES and other stuff.

Game is packed.

and I pretty much swtiched to right analog for figures after 2 missions for most team actions.
feels somewhat tighter when you got a grip on it. I burned the demo, tho. Could take longer for those who start virgin.

What else? hummm...definitely a love letter guys. I miss Bayonetta sexyness, but jeez it's tokusatsu paradise. and I loved me some.

Your cam is last gen tho

it's shit alright. lumia 520...no flash...no nothing...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
please be in my mail box today, please be in my mail box today

I won't be getting my Wii U for quite a while, but I'm kinda tempted to pick up this soon anyways. I'm worried it may become scarce.

monome

Two days in and I'm still learning things =_=

My intial play through is story, collectibles oriented.
I'm not mashing it through tho, but chose easy (like I do for every 1st PG game playthrough).

there seems to be quite the amount of unlocks, and it's definitely Bayonetta like in the sense it opens my gameplay rather than force me to acquire stuff to get through missions.

Getting the Prima guide when it releases (amazon estimates end of september).

I'm already looking forward for my second playthrough...

will hit hard once the guide is in my hands. don't like to be punished. and I know I will be punished.

I won't be getting my Wii U for quite a while, but I'm kinda tempted to pick up this soon anyways. I'm worried it may become scarce.

I'm on a Nintendo diet until Titanfall releases.

W101, Zelda, 3DWorld. that's enough on the home console front for me.
Pokemon and Zelda on the portable front.

5 games in 4 months. I'm good.

and I bought the retail copy because it will indeed become scarce (and also because earlier release, and cheaper). Will get the eshop version when Zelda hits.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

hard to tell. they haven't printed it in millions, that's for sure.

JPKellams

Thanks to everyone who is plunking down their hard earned cash for the game this week! Great to see the true believers out in force!

So hard to see you all with it early, but it's good to see some copies in the wild. Can't wait until the NoA release. Shit is going to get bought so damn hard. Like Fire Leo Ultra V Rated hard.

I shall duck out of this thread for now until after I beat it. The spoils are surely to show up soon, and I can't take that. Good day to be a gamer, and good day to own a Wii U for you all :^)

Shahadan

I have a problem with some WCs and some entrances of the same kind you can rush your team into. Some require more units than others and some seem to require all of them. Problem is, multiple times rushing my 100 men in wasn't enough for some reason and/or one or two would not get in.
I don't know if it's a bug or something. It's annoying.

anyway my team has class, with Wonder Tennis, Wonder Wonderland (alice cosplay), Wonder Plane, and of course, Wonder Yeti.

Got it from Amazon today and played operations 000 and 001. Damn is this game flashy (and even in the first few stages). O.O Can't wait to see what kind of incredible over-the-top-stuff Platinum throws at the player in the later stages.

Will this game top Bayonetta's
planet-crushing
end boss?

moozoom

Got the game yesterday, but didn't have time to play that much.

I love the humor and gags in the cutscenes, and the english voices are really good. Some of the dialogues are really funny, and it's completely over the top as expected from Platinum. The multitude of crazy characters to collect will be a great incentive to replay the missions, and even in easy, i was punished a couple of time in the second mission by a boss.

Glad I did the humble choice ( I clearly remember Viewtiful Joe Adult setting made me cry at first) and I'll do a second playthrough once I suck less at killing ennemies. There are lots of stuff to master from the differents morphs and moves to the combos you can make by changing shape multiple times...

I got to the point where you gain the Gun morph, and I have some problems to draw the shape from time to time, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm using the right stick for the morphs, I hope it's just a case of mastering the controls of the game and not a flaw.

When you have to draw some shapes in a short time ( the action freezes and you must draw a morph to escape a danger or do a special move) it can also be confusing because you're asked to draw a morph in regard to the situation. Possible spoilers but about a scene so I'll mask it :
In a scene you must cut a billboard with the sword but the line to draw the sword must not be drawn upwards like I usually do in the course of the game but at an angle towards the billboard to cut it.

I replayed the first two missions to have a better rank, and I had trouble at the same moments even though I knew what I had to do. But probably I just suck. I also had a problem when crossing a bridge, I jumped off the bridge just before some baddies materialized and I was stuck in the zone below : the camera fixed on the enemies wouldn't let me access the warp back up. I had to restart to the last checkpoint.

Nevertheless the game is full of charm and I love the graphic style with the tilt-shift effect... can't wait to see what madness awaits me in the next mission.

Shahadan

I eagerly await the Vorkken battle Pure Platinum videos, because either it''s broken or I'm just completely terrible at it.

I believe I'm starting the final Operation now, btw. I wonder what will happen :3

monome

I'm playing easy friend, do not humble yourself. there is much to do/find/unlock in the 1st playthrough.

I chose japanese voices. I went into a sort of tokustasu frenzy in the early years of the 21st century, bought japense magazines, dvds etc...from all the shows of my youth and others that never aired in France.

Playing W101 is like a trip down memory line.
in awesome Wonderful-o-Vision that pleases your eyes, brains and all other body parts. (I don't really care for numbers...)

Don't thank me. Thank the team. :)

(I know that is what you are doing... but the team deserves the credit.)

(cue King Leonidas voice)
"This is Thank You!"

now, go get the Wondeful team back to work.
I would love to get you all drunk when I happen to be in Osaka.

Top Bottom