• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

daakusedo

Secrets are in opened windows, opened doors and everything that is basically a black hole!
There's also circle shapes on the ground that are either activated by circling them or a hammer hit. Secret missions are often going backward in the level after doing a mission.
You can buy the items sonar in the shop too.

TDLink

I'm up to Operation 003-C, and I feel like I'm not finding a lot of secrets. Are there any general tips on finding hidden items and secret missions?

Whenever you finish a mission backtrack if possible. There is often stuff that appears if you go backwards, including Khakoo-Regas and optional missions.

Draw a circle around anything that looks circular (dead plants, circle patterns on the ground, centers of the room, anything).

Pound the ground anywhere it seems circular with Unite Hammer.

Wonder Liner straight into any open holes/doors you see.

If you purchase the Treasure Finder from the items tab in the Wonder Mart (300000 O-Parts) P-Star will chime when you are near to something secret.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just me or is white the best morph to have in the
shooter section
of 006-B?

I couldn't try everything but he's like having a little shield around your ship

Mohonky

I have no idea how people can get platinums in this game, it is totally beyond me. Time and damage is always a medal for me, and i get platinum for combos but other than that i never get more than a bronze for each level, usually just a consolidation prize.

Whats the trick here? On enemies i can use wonder rise i can usually knock enemies out really quick by comboing them in the air but that seems to be the only enemy I can really get any massive damage against.

I also find Ukemi totally useless because i can never even see where my leader is before he hits the ground. Also have hero sense but i dont know that i like that as it rips through my unite guage and seems to break up combos for me.

Anyone know where i can see a good list of strategies for different enemies?

Is it just me or is white the best morph to have in the
shooter section
of 006-B?

I couldn't try everything but he's like having a little shield around your ship
I Use the sword for octopus thing at the end, but I use that,morph for the other 90% of the Stage.

Also, Red power-up>>>Blue power-up, I need that constant firepower

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
You guys have more time than me to play, I started before you and I'm only at Mission 005
, which is awesome.

I have no idea how people can get platinums in this game, it is totally beyond me. Time and damage is always a medal for me, and i get platinum for combos but other than that i never get more than a bronze for each level, usually just a consolidation prize.

Whats the trick here? On enemies i can use wonder rise i can usually knock enemies out really quick by comboing them in the air but that seems to be the only enemy I can really get any massive damage against.

I also find Ukemi totally useless because i can never even see where my leader is before he hits the ground. Also have hero sense but i dont know that i like that as it rips through my unite guage and seems to break up combos for me.

Anyone know where i can see a good list of strategies for different enemies?

I think you can use wonder rising against most things by repeatedly team attacking them until they are stunned. You will hear a bell jingle and they will glow a yellow color then you can wonder rising and juggle them. This wont work against the spike dudes until their armor is removed and the shielded vehicles until the shield is broken but it helped me.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
lttp for the title change after a nice vacation/marriage (mine) in Italy. I love it, Alberto!

Back to Operation 005 then!! :D

Rashid

Banned
Honestly want this game quite a lot. Don't have a Wii U and only get 1 or 2 games for ps3 annually. Just another game to add my to imaginary backlog.

When I'm rich, I'll play all the the things I never could.

Timeaisis

Sweet, thanks to both of you. I'm definitely enjoying this game. But it's a little frustrating at time, to be honest. I'm sure once I get used to the combat a bit more, I'll like it.

Also, those frickin tank things with the shield up front that have the huge cannons are really annoying to fight. For whatever reason, I always have so much trouble on them.

Finally had the chance to play the first hour or so last night. It's really fun so far. It's also too bad the DEMO does an awful job at introducing new people to the game when compared to the ACTUAL game. :(

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I think the same also applies to most encounters where you fight on something with a health bar but I don't remember them all.

Boss 002 is the only one where it's a major risk though I think

OryoN

Pretty much same here. I know there's a ton of room for improvement though. I usually spend way too much time toying with enemies, and/or don't use large enough unite morphs. I'm still trying to find the best ways to dispatch certain foes, so I'll attempt to upgrade my medals.

Playing on normal can be quite a challenge, even frustrating at times, but this game has a way of compelling you to persevere, despite that. This game drives you to experiment, learn, and apply that knowledge like no other game before it. This is interactive entertainment at its highest level!

Subaru

I also find Ukemi totally useless because i can never even see where my leader is before he hits the ground. Also have hero sense but i dont know that i like that as it rips through my unite guage and seems to break up combos for me

About Ukemi, earlies on this topic I've learned that you can push the jump button when you get hit (at that slowdown time) and hold it until you fall down. You can also press it at the moment you reach the ground (that was what you were trying, so did I). I hope it helps you! =)

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
One of the game highlights is that it just keeps on giving. Seriously, it seems endless, new morphs, moves, hidden things to discover, missions to unlock, all the time.

On top of that replayability is exceptional, because you get more powerful all the time, and better at combat the more you play.

Penguin

One of the game highlights is that it just keeps on giving. Seriously, it seems endless, new morphs, moves, hidden things to discover, missions to unlock, all the time.

On top of that replayability is exceptional, because you get more powerful all the time, and better at combat the more you play.

I think the best part is just discovering all the heroes.

Sure don't really change up the gameplay, but some of them put a smile on my face!

JAYinHD

About Ukemi, earlies on this topic I've learned that you can push the jump button when you get hit (at that slowdown time) and hold it until you fall down. You can also press it at the moment you reach the ground (that was what you were trying, so did I). I hope it helps you! =)

Thanks for the tip. Iv'e had it for a bit but have trouble using it correctly.

Fandangox

You can circle the holes to repair them

I discovered this by accident in the 004 boss fight.

AND WOW OPERATION OO5 BOSS

That was amazing. I knew it was coming cause I kept hearing about the
Punch Out
fight, so as soon as the bigger robot appeared I knew what they were going to do, but it was still just so good.

sfried

I'm a bit mezmarized by how deep the combat system goes. Apparently you can continually air-combo enemies by making sure you have them "locked-on" with the Climb Attack, and then Unite Tombstone along with just pressing A to automatically have your team member fly up and keep attacking.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Bigger whips rip off more spike armor. With 50-man whips you can rip it all off in two rotations.

Also worth noting is that you can dash cancel the rip animation and still take off the pieces.

Useful in higher difficulty level encounters where you're facing multiple spike enemies since unlike the claw pulls you are not invincible while ripping armor with the whip

Salih

Gamebreaking Glitch - Permanently missable Wondeful Figure and secret character!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/673081-the-wonderful-101/67241151

Bug:

In 006-A, to the southeast of the giant enemy crab, requiring a bridge to be built to reach, is a container object that, when repaired, is supposed to give you Wonderful Figure 24: Wonder Armour. However, if you do not obtain it on your first visit to the level (possibly even if you try to obtain it on your first visit), it will not drop the item on subsequent visits, and it, the associated achievement, as well as the secret character associated with the achievement, will become unobtainable.

How to avoid:

1. Prior to your first visit to 006-A, make a backup of your save file.
2. While playing through the level, do not select retry in the pause menu and, if you die, do not select no, until you obtain Wonderful Figure 24. Do not enter the Kahkoo Regah until you obtain it, either.
3. Make certain you obtain Wonderful Figure 24. To obtain it, after defeating the giant enemy crab, head to the southeast of the arena, extend the Wonder Liner off the edge to build a bridge to the platform it is on, cross it, and direct the Wonder Liner to the structure on the platform to repair it. Once it is repaired, it should drop Wonderful Figure 24. Once you have obtained it, continue as you otherwise would., remembering that if you choose retry on the menu or choose not to continue after dying prior the next autosave, or next time you save, it will not record that you obtained it, and you may trigger the bug by doing so. If autosaves are enabled, it will save prior to most missions, and upon entering a Kahkoo Regah, and an autosave will be indicated by flashing text on the lower-left corner of the screen.
4. If the figure does not appear, load your backup save, and try again.

There is a possibility that this glitch will be patched, however, you should not rely on this if you have yet to invest heavily in a file. It is better to be proactive than to rely on a patch that may or may not surface.

i can confirm this :/

Squishy3

GAF account was finally validated and I beat the game yesterday evening. That final boss was so good.

Ending spoilers:
Like everyone else, I burst out laughing during the final QTE and thought I might fail because of it. Also, hooray for Steve Blum not being Guy #2 and landing the role as the final boss. That made me pretty happy

Fandangox

I am in that operation right now, I am past the giant grab, but I still haven't completed that operation. Is there still time for me to start over that mission without missing 024? I haven't finished the operation yet.

TDLink

Which character is prevented from unlocking if that figure is missed? (Spoiler tag please for people who don't wish to know)

Top Bottom