• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The worst time you ever traded or sold a good game for a bad game?

I used to trade in so often, make myself sad.

I traded in, lets see.

One of those 4gb xbox slims, this was late 2010 so it was kinda new.
Halo Reach
DS lite.
Pokemon Heartgold complete in box, had the cardboard box with the lenticular thing on it as well and poke walker and all.
Pokemon Pearl.
Pokemon Platinum

For... fucking fallout new vegas and Enslaved Odyssey to the West.

Traded in Golden Eye for Nightfire. I was a dumb kid and PS2 stuff just looked better to my eyes. (I honestly did enjoy it though)

I remember my mom told me the GameStop employee was incredulous that we'd want to trade in GoldenEye for Nightfire, which makes me chuckle a little bit looking back.

Matter of opinion.

Have you tried going back to Goldeneye recently? That game has NOT aged well. Nightfire still holds up pretty well.

That one map with the Gondola? Shit was awesome.

Mr. Virus

I swapped Advance Wars 1 and 2 for... something. Went to trade back, gave the kid his game and he said he'd "give me them tomorrow".

I still have the empty boxes for them.

On a counterpoint, a younger friend of his has a SNES and games they weren't sure about. Literally handed me a cart of Secret of Mana that I felt so bad about taking that I gave him all the money I had on me. It was the best 20p I ever spent. (I was like 12)

DrKelpo

Banned
One of those 4gb xbox slims, this was late 2010 so it was kinda new.
Halo Reach
DS lite.
Pokemon Heartgold complete in box, had the cardboard box with the lenticular thing on it as well and poke walker and all.
Pokemon Pearl.
Pokemon Platinum

For... fucking fallout new vegas and Enslaved Odyssey to the West.

what......why?

n0razi

I sold a mint copy of Chrono Trigger for $50 in middle school... Thought I hit the jackpot! biggest regret ever

I traded in my copy of Eternal Sonata on PS3 for KOF XII (the primary game I wanted in the trade) Ratchet and Clank Future (which was already quite old at the time, and was a throw-in).

Regretted it almost immediately, as KOF XII was total dreck. I did get some fun out of R&CF, so it wasnt a total loss.

This is the saddest story of all time. :(

What the fuck.

Holy fuck, that's terrible.

I'm so sorry man.

Holy crap man. I'd never be able to get over that. :(

Ya well, it was 20 years ago... it did sting at the time but... (okay, it can still piss me off when I think about it too long...)

That being said, our daughter was a beautiful bride yesterday, and if that was the price I had to pay to be there with her walking her up that isle, I'd pay it a thousand fold... and her Mom was tolerable despite all the history...

Not a game for a game thing, and I've posted about this before, but basically this...

I sold my Neo Geo Gold with 12 games and my TurboGrafx collection (including TG16, TGCD, TurboExpress w/ TV tuner, TurboDuo and over 120 complete games on cart and cd) in 1995 to buy my (then-)wife a computer on which to write her PhD thesis....

...she ended up having an affair with her Doctoral adviser and leaving me for him...

I still get pissed off when I think of this... and I have to stand up with her at our daughter's wedding tomorrow... gawd...

Wow. Thread closed.

Eylos

Banned
One child trauma, When i was 7, my mother traded Mickey Circus (Genesis) by Ecco the fucking dolphin, because the other kid loved my game and didnt stop crying.

I hate you Ecco

Top Bottom