• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

CorvoSol

I have a Medium map that gives 6 Golden Shards and 4 Silver Shards if either of you wants it.

Edit -- Ah, sucks about your ISP. I've been having issues lately too, but mines seems alright at the moment.

Oh I do! I have to leave for class now, but I'll get my FC up here after I get back. I'd super appreciate that.

Petrie

Banned
Can someone explain the optimal way to level using the experience map? There's lots of guides on the best 4 character party, but I'm figuring out the optimal setup to get each of my characters to 99 as quickly as possible, out of the ones I actually want to be able to use.

Then I can start to de-level the ones I really want to play with!

Help me GAF!

Quoting hoping for an answer! lol

Can someone explain the optimal way to level using the experience map? There's lots of guides on the best 4 character party, but I'm figuring out the optimal setup to get each of my characters to 99 as quickly as possible, out of the ones I actually want to be able to use.

Then I can start to de-level the ones I really want to play with!

Help me GAF!

I usually use a First Class Airship ticket to take me straight to the Dungeon area and go down the bottom path. If you don't have any of those, you could play your way through the beginning area to one of the Aetherytes and just make sure when you do get to the Final Boss; intentionally lose so that the game puts you back at the Aetheryte so that you can proceed to rinse and repeat.

ohlawd

aren't you missing out on the day exp bonus if you skip straight to the dungeon?

Getting to the dungeon from the aetheryte should land you at exp 1.5x

CorvoSol

Added both of you. My FC is 1418-7585-0621, I'll put a lobby up.

The way it works Corvo is we play Vs. mode against each other and after the match is over the game exchanges our ProfiCards which have the maps attached to them.

Be on in just a sec. I haven't touched my ProfiCard at all yet, is that okay?

Anilusion

Added both of you. My FC is 1418-7585-0621, I'll put a lobby up.

The way it works Corvo is we play Vs. mode against each other and after the match is over the game exchanges our ProfiCards which have the maps attached to them.

Are you Serket? I tried challenging you but I got an error saying Error Code: 018-0512.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Holy fuck, I just unlocked the first song from the Chocobo Dungeon Wii game. Never played that game and I just assumed the song was some whimsical lyric-heavy saccharin chant about the cuteness of Chocobo's.

Instead its an awesome remix of Man with the Machine Gun(improperly named). Listening to the OST on youtube and I am floored at how incredible most of the music in that game actually was! Just a total arsenal of classic remixes from the older FF games, and now I am actively looking up prices for a purchase!

Theatrhythm is making me fall in love with the franchise all over again.

No problem, good game.

Also, Anilusion it's giving me an error trying to join your game also :(

I'm searching, can you see my name?

Yeah I see it. I'm getting the same 018-0512 error you were getting. Googled it:

Nintendo said:
This error code typically indicates an issue communicating and matchmaking with other players.

This is often caused by network firewalls blocking necessary network traffic.

This can be caused by your network, or the network of the person you are connecting with. If these steps do not resolve your connection issue, have your friend try them as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, Aerith's Theme as a BMS feels....weird. Why wasn't it a FMS song? The Crisis Core version is, & even the Advent Children DLC one is as well.

Also, I just noticed there's no music from Dirge of Cerberus (which I still need to play). Were they not able to find any music from that to fit in?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Man, Aerith's Theme as a BMS feels....weird. Why wasn't it a FMS song? The Crisis Core version is, & even the Advent Children DLC one is as well.

Probably felt they needed one version available for online play, makes sense they would go with the classic original that fans would recognize most.

Disabled my firewall, lets try again :)

Same error, i'll disable mines also

Edit -- Didn't help any. Still the same error upon trying to join your game. Weird, I've played lots of people in here and just finished playing against Corvo, not sure why it's giving me issues trying to connect with you

Maybe Corvo can give it to you once he clears it

Anilusion

Same error, i'll disable mines also

Edit -- Didn't help any. Still the same error upon trying to join your game. Weird, I've played lots of people in here and just finished playing against Corvo, not sure why it's giving me issues trying to connect with you

I'm connecting through my phone now, lets try again. I will host.

Anustart

How does EXP gain work? If I have 3 level 99 in my party, does the 4th member get 100% of the xp or still only 25%?

Still 25% I believe. And exp is capped at 9,999 per character. Thought I could be cheeky by using exp hound and get 39,996 on one character. Game said nope.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Picked up Good King Moogle Mog XII and Promised Grace today.

Man, the Crystal Chronicles OST is one of the best ever.

How does EXP gain work? If I have 3 level 99 in my party, does the 4th member get 100% of the xp or still only 25%?
EXP is divided unless anyone has EXP hound in which case it is only divided by those with EXP hound. Like Anustart said, it caps at 9,999 in any case (remember max level is 65535 though).

Giever

So, what exactly do fat chocobos do anyway? Just give you an extra item? Do they have a chance of giving you something cool, or something? I just haven't really noticed.

Top Bottom