• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

LuuKyK

So, what exactly do fat chocobos do anyway? Just give you an extra item? Do they have a chance of giving you something cool, or something? I just haven't really noticed.

When they bring you chests they come with some words like special and lucky. I believe that means items that dont usually come by normal chests, or are difficult to get from those.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I have a Medium map that gives 6 Golden Shards and 4 Silver Shards if either of you wants it.

Edit -- Ah, sucks about your ISP. I've been having issues lately too, but mines seems alright at the moment.

Added you! And it seems you added me back cause your profile automatically appeared. :)

Could anyone pass on the xp/chocobo map to me?
FC: 0903-2750-1593
I can't right now but remember to add yourselves to the spreadsheet in the OP.

Having so many characters is overwhelming, is there an easy way to power level? I'm awful at Ultimate level maps so switching them out with new people usually ends with my death.

Roubjon

So if you find fat Chocobos they give you rare items. But what is the point of items? Is it all stuff you'd use during quests?

suzu

So if you find fat Chocobos they give you rare items. But what is the point of items? Is it all stuff you'd use during quests?

Some are triggered during the stage and some are used on the map. Just check out the item descriptions. lol

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Great, thanks!

Tried to put my card up for streetpass though and was told that I had hit a maximum amount of games.......what?
You can only have 12 concurrent streetpass functions at a given time, to delete titles, you got to go into the 3DS options.

suzu

Thought I'd ask the mighty and all knowing GAF while I was workin'!

There's a lot! Healing items, ability scrolls (permanently learn an ability), temporary stat boosts, increase exp, summons, teleports, change difficulty of one song, change the song to a random one, etc.

Neat, so is the egg that the final boss drops what makes this an exp map?

The monsters called magic pots and movers give the most exp.

Wichu

Speaking of prestiging, turns out resetting my entire party in the middle of a level 87 quest probably wasn't the best idea. I'll put this quest on hold and do a bit of leveling in free play mode...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh what the heck. I wouldn't mind that EXP map, if anyone would be kind enough to send it to me.

2492-4118-6196

mstevens

Just picked this up.... WOW there are so many more songs than the original.

Question... I would always play with no items / no skills in the original to get that extra 2 million points... Does that still happen in this version or should I use items/skills?

Any other changes I should know about?

Thanks!

frequency

Every time I go to my collection to look at new cards, I get sad. Why didn't they include Distant Worlds as a playable song? Not even as DLC. I am sad.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Question... I would always play with no items / no skills in the original to get that extra 2 million points... Does that still happen in this version or should I use items/skills?

Thanks!
No, there is no stoic bonus; always use skills, items when needed. Try out button mode too I guess.

fedexpeon

Banned
WTF...This game was out?

Order Status:: 1 item(s) preordered, release date is 12/31/2014.

Fricken Bestbuy...

Fuuuuuuuuuu...Now I won't be able to get my preorder bonus.

Wichu

Thanks!

Nope, going skill/item-less now just gives you a few extra Rhythmia. It doesn't affect your points, so use as many items/skills as you want.

I think that's pretty much it in terms of important changes. There's a ton of new features, but they're all explained in tutorials.

mstevens

Wow! Cool I'm glad that was taken out.

Feels like they made lots of quality of life changes too.. faster points screen and such.

I'm getting addicted all over again :p

Edit: Wow.. FFX-2, Tactics and FF14 tracks are great to have. So glad I pulled the trigger on this.

suzu

I believe there's a few more days left on the free DLC, so new people should go and grab them!

The DLC option is unlocked after playing a bit in each mode. After you unlocking, it'll be on the start screen.

Damn it, first prestige gets you 10 extra CP but the next level only adds 8......It's going to keep going down isn't it >_> 20 stars for 99 CP!

mstevens

I believe there's a few more days left on the free DLC, so new people should go and grab them!

The DLC option is unlocked after playing a bit in each mode. After you unlocking, it'll be on the start screen.

Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: I'm hooked. Was planning on spending tonight playing Destiny or Diablo 3... but Curtain Call it is.

Edit 2: Went with 3 DLC tracks besides the free ones... Aeris Theme (Piano), Kuon - Memories of Waves and Light from X-2 and Thunder Plains

Lucky you, it's only 10!
Ugggggggh, guess I'm going to stick with Warrior of Light/Terra/Sarah/Cosmos until I unlock Sephie. Are the black shards particularly rare or will I eventually unlock a map with them?

If you are buying dlc and Crazy Chocobo doesn't make its way onto your 3DS you're probably a bad person.

SoulUnison

Banned
Ugggggggh, guess I'm going to stick with Warrior of Light/Terra/Sarah/Cosmos until I unlock Sephie. Are the black shards particularly rare or will I eventually unlock a map with them?

If you are buying dlc and Crazy Chocobo doesn't make its way onto your 3DS you're probably a bad person.

Sorry, but I refuse to buy DLC unless it's absolutely vital, so obviously my 99 cents went to Memories of Waves and Light.

I have a couple maps that give me black shards but only seen 2 shards per boss on specific maps. I've yet to see a long quest map that gives 3 sets of black shards.

Picked this up today.

I was in love with the first game and now I'm in love all over again.

I had to play Saber's Edge on ultimate, since it was my favorite song (ultimate difficulty wise) and I was happy to see I can still get a perfect chain! Also happy with the song not cutting off anymore.

Cannot wait to unlock versus. Big time rhythm game fan here and I'm looking forward to playing with all of you.

Another great feature: being able to take a screenshot. Why is this not in every 3DS game?

So much value in this game. Looks like my 3ds is getting heavy playtime this weekend.

Chucker

Been playing this off and on through vacation. Didn't bother with this thread so I could have a more organic experience playing.

Now let's break this in half, who has good maps, and what tricks should I be using?

Added myself to the spreadsheet.

Swamped

Banned
Saw some talk about black shards, I have a Level 62 Premium quest that gives you 3 black shards. I can share it. I also need more black shards so if anyone else has quests, I'd appreciate them!

pliskinplease

Neo Member
Giving versus another try. Anyone mind sharing the exp/chocobo map with me? I don't mind playing a couple of rounds as well. FC is 3411-1378-2285.

Top Bottom