• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

ZeroX03

Banned
I think most people just pick their favorites.

The craziest DLC song is probably "FFVII: Advent Children - One Winged Angel", because it's the only one that is full length (6 minutes).

But they're all my favorites!

So having that full length one.

Boogiepop

Geez, I realize there was only so much they could do with it, but Fisherman's Horizon has got to be one of the easiest Ultimates in the game. Forgot to check before it started and would've sworn it was a Expert until I saw the results at the end.

Also, there are a LOT of backgrounds in this game!

suzu

I think this game is the most I've spent on any DLC before. My list (not counting the two free ones):

FFVIII - Shuffle or Boogie
FFX-2 - Kuon: Memories of Waves and Light
FFVI - Protect the Espers!
FFX - Thunder Plains
FF Tactics - Ovelia's Theme
FFIX - Vivi's Theme
FFVI - Locke's Theme
FF Tactics - Precipitous Combat
FFVIII - Balamb Garden
FFVII - The Chase
FFXI - A New Horizon - Tavnazian Archipelago
FFXII - The Phon Coast

I liked mostly the FMS songs~ I might pick up the Romancing Saga ones at some point.

Geez, I realize there was only so much they could do with it, but Fisherman's Horizon has got to be one of the easiest Ultimates in the game. Forgot to check before it started and would've sworn it was a Expert until I saw the results at the end.

Also, there are a LOT of backgrounds in this game!

Ultimate FMS are pretty manageable in comparison to ultimate BMS.. at least to someone like me who is crap at rhythm games. haha

Yeah, it's nice. I think a lot of the DLC songs have unique backgrounds too.

Ventara

All the "nostalgic" chaos maps have themes to them. Such as all FMS, all BMS, only songs from certain series, etc. There are also some chaos maps with the Feral Chaos boss (you get a trophy for defeating him).

For characters and builds... you can check this gamefaq.

I assume VS mode is the best for cards. If you're looking for specific cards, check this (from the same faq).

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely check out the character guide, and I completely forgot about getting cards from versus mode, lol.

Anyways, I don't suppose there's anyone here who can share the nostalgic map with me? Or a Feral Chaos map? But only LV 60 and below; I really suck at rhythm games and can't handle most Ultimate songs.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Agreed, although there are some exceptions ("The Castle" from FF8 being one of them).

No kidding, that level is SICK.

Haha wow, you should all download the Rufus Welcoming Ceremony DLC. The background for that song is awesome! Haha, I won't spoil it, but it's worth the .99 - it's a great song.

Why does the game think "oh you currently have 0 golden shards, I'll hide all the golden shard locked characters from view then". Does it think I won't notice that the page count has dropped by 1? I can understand hiding them at first to stop people being like "oh man I have over 50 characters to unlock".

Agreed, although there are some exceptions ("The Castle" from FF8 being one of them).
I find Ultimate FF8 and FFX songs in general are a huge difficulty spike.

jb1234

Just grabbed some DLC. Another Moon in particular is fantastic, one of Uematsu's early successes incorporating otherworldly sounds into his pieces. Makes me miss FFIV.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just grabbed some DLC. Another Moon in particular is fantastic, one of Uematsu's early successes incorporating otherworldly sounds into his pieces. Makes me miss FFIV.

Every time I play a song from I to X it makes me want to replay that game.

bobohoro

I'm up to 38 songs! Still haven't tried every song but I seemed to have picked out quite a few of the easier ones. I'm well chuffed about Shuffle or Boogie. Looking forward to others lists.

Battle (FFI)
Airship (FFI)
Battle Theme 1 (FFII)
The Rebel Army (FFII)
Town (FFII)
Battle 1 (FFIII)
This is the Last Battle (FFIII)
Crystal Cave
Eternal Wind
The Airship
Battle to the Death
Kefka's Tower
Let the Battles Begin! (FFVII)
J-E-N-O-V-A (FFVII)
Aerith's Theme (FFVII)
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (FFVII)
Don't be Afraid (FFVIII)
[DLC] Shuffle or Boogie (FFVIII)
The Man with the Machine Gun (FFVIII)
[DLC] Balamb Garden (FFVIII)
Fisherman's Horizon (FFVIII)
Battle 1 (FFIX)
Something to Protect (FFIX)
Dark City Treno (FFIX)
A Place to Call Home (FFIX)
Zanarkand (FFX)
A Fleeting Dream (FFX)
Fighters of the Crystal (FFXI)
Ragnarok (FFXI)
Boss Battle (FFXII)
Fighting Fate (FFXIII)
The Archylte Steppe (FFXIII)
The Land Breathes
Serenity
Dungeon Hero X's Theme
Etro's Champion
Noel's Theme - Final Journey
Chaos

Was there any update on the list of easy Ultimates? Finally started finishing off some songs today (SSS & full crit chart, won't go for allcrits) and will definitely look towards this one to not run blindly into impossible songs. The game really does not let up. I thought several times that I would stop with it, but I keep coming back daily for a few songs at least.

Shame that scores don't show differently, like only the highest difficulty (Rockband) or different tables per difficulty (Miku). I have to bore myself with beginner scores like this, since the void on the right just doesn't sit well with me. :/

So far I've gotten:
- Aerith's Theme (VII)
- Fisherman's Horizon (VIII)
- A Fleeting Dream (X)

Edit: And
- J-E-N-O-V-A (VII)
- The Price Of Freedom (Crisis Core)

ZeroX03

Banned
Did not realize DLC songs could show up in Quests. Just ended a Long Quest with Advent: One Winged Angel. Was pretty shocked but still had a good run.

Aiustis

My L has been sticking. I needed to get all my Theatrhythm playing in before I get my new 3ds. After that I'll only indulge in occasional seesions.

My Theatrhythm stylus snapped in half. I have been holding it a lot stronger these past few weeks than usual. Guess it finally gave out ;_;

RIP 2012-2014

need to buy some crazy glue

Man, Trance+Dualcast+Ultima does disgusting amounts of damage (it also costs disgusting amounts of CP). As it will instantly kill the boss it activates off and a few monsters after it (as I expected, damage does spill over and seeing that confirmed it)...I've heard it of killing several consecutive enemies if you get Terra to 999 magic. Not even sure is that is the max you can do with one shot of Ultima as you could always have everyone with faith (for a bit more damage) and 3 party members with cry 1-3 (to increase damage spillover by lowering boss defences, not sure if you run into issues with skill activation though*).

*-It is really unclear when skills activate, is it when their message appears, as soon as they are supposed to activate (I feel it is the former as I've had added cut and focus activating beyond the end of a song and even had added cut activate off EXP plus) or both (as in skill dependent).

Realizing how many great characters and songs are still not in this version makes me suspect that we will be getting another one down the road.

Maybe they will merge it with the Chrono series at least. And I can have a party of 4 Lightnings.

Swamped

Banned
Are people still exchanging chaos maps? I have several of them, and managed to get 'recent' very recently. Fun feral chaos map too.

I finally crossed the 100h mark. But I've unlocked all the characters now. I think I'll only be focusing on online from now on. Trying to get better at ultimate too!

I've just reached 69+2 Ultimate All-crits and thought I'd post the new list!

I'd say my skill level is above average (not amazing) but I'm just very persistent and stubborn. Some songs take me days.

Battle (FFI)
Main Theme (FFI)
Castle Cornelia (FFI)
Opening Theme (FFI)
Matoya's Cave (FFI)
Airship (FFI)
Sunken Shrine (FFI)
Battle Theme 1 (FFII)
The Rebel Army (FFII)
Main Theme (FFII)
Town (FFII)
Dungeon (FFII)
Finale (FFII)
Battle 1 (FFIII)
Battle 2 (FFIII)
This is the Last Battle (FFIII)
Crystal Cave (FFIII)
Eternal Wind (FFIII)
The Boundless Ocean (FFIII)
Let Me Know the Truth (FFIII)
The Crystal Tower (FFIII)
Main Theme of Final Fantasy IV (FFIV)
Main Theme of Final Fantasy V (FFV)
Battle 1 (FFV)
The Airship (FFV)
The Decisive Battle (FFVI)
Battle to the Death (FFVI)
Celes's Theme (FFVI)
Searching for Friends (FFVI)
Kefka's Tower (FFVI)
Let the Battles Begin! (FFVII)
J-E-N-O-V-A (FFVII)
Aerith's Theme (FFVII)
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (FFVII)
Don't be Afraid (FFVIII)
[DLC] Shuffle or Boogie (FFVIII)
The Man with the Machine Gun (FFVIII)
The Extreme (FFVIII)
[DLC] Balamb Garden (FFVIII)
Blue Fields (FFVIII)
Fisherman's Horizon (FFVIII)
Ride On (FFVIII)
Battle 1 (FFIX)
Something to Protect (FFIX)
Dark City Treno (FFIX)
A Place to Call Home (FFIX)
Zanarkand (FFX)
A Fleeting Dream (FFX)
FFXI Opening Theme (FFXI)
Awakening (FFXI)
Fighters of the Crystal (FFXI)
Ragnarok (FFXI)
Heavens Tower (FFXI)
Boss Battle (FFXII)
The Dalmasca Estersand  (FFXII)
Fighting Fate (FFXIII)
The Archylte Steppe (FFXIII)
The Land Breathes (A Realm Reborn)
Serenity (A Realm Reborn)
Battle 1 (Mystic Quest)
Battle 2 (Mystic Quest)
The Price of Freedom (Crises Core FFVII)
Dungeon X's Theme (Chocobo Dungeon)
DISSIDIA  - ending - (Dissidia FF)
War: Warrior Worth a 1000 (FF Type-0)
War: The White Weapon (FF Type-0)
Etro's Champion (FFXIII-2)
Groovy Chocobo (FFXIII-2)
Noel's Theme - Final Journey (FFXIII-2)
Chaos (Lightning Returns)
The Chaos Shrine (FF Series)

If anyone was looking for a source of Ultima or Exp Hound scrolls I stumbled across one (given the number of threads I see on gamefaqs begging for quests I assume this is relatively unknown). The best thing is no need for card exchange either. It is just an ordinary song:
The Chaos Shrine - TFFCC BMS Arrangement - From FF (40,000 Rhythmia unlock)
That also happens to be the shortest BMS in the game (1:28). The enemies in it are fairly tough, especially the first one and the boss (
Feral Chaos
which on difficulties above basic can withstand a trance+dualcast boosted Ultima). The boss has things like Ultima, Exp Hound, Doomsday in its drop table (even in basic difficulty). As it is a drop table it is luck based which might frustrate (especially if your party isn't able to make off with 6 treasures most of the time and/or the game decides the non useful scrolls are not going to be cards but things like potions).

The basic score has just enough notes to get off a Firaga too (my Terra runs Ultima, Firaga, Dualcast, Trance which did require 6 resets plus a little CP boosing to make room for). Due to the length of the song added cut users are advised against (as their added cut and other skill activations can queue up Ultima and make it cast later).

Other tips are having scare is a must as the first enemy is a right damage sponge (especially in my case as Terra is a late bloomer here) so you need to race to the boss after that.

Robin64

Well, I can confirm that we're not even getting Krile this week. It's now 45 since the eShop weekly update and there's nothing.

Kirlia

Banned
Realizing how many great characters and songs are still not in this version makes me suspect that we will be getting another one down the road.

Maybe they will merge it with the Chrono series at least. And I can have a party of 4 Lightnings.

Didn't SE say that this was probably going to be the last Theatrhythm for the Final Fantasy series? I kind of hope not. If this was the last game, wouldn't they still be putting out DLC and more characters? Maybe they've changed their minds.

Ronok

Hi guys, this is very last minute, but, I have a ticket for Final Fantasy Distant World's in London for sale.. This concert starts at 8pm today... The seat is in the front circle and has a face value of £40. I could have the ticket left for you at the Royal Albert Hall box office, or put you in touch with my friends who will be attending the event.

As this is so last minute, I'm not asking for face value, if you make an offer I'll consider it whatever it is.

Hopefully I can get this ticket into the hands of a fan so the seat won't remain empty. :)

(I asked duckroll if a post like this was allowed and figured the Theatrhythm thread was the best place to find someone who might be interested.)

Swamped

Banned
Hi guys, this is very last minute, but, I have a ticket for Final Fantasy Distant World's in London for sale.. This concert starts at 8pm today... The seat is in the front circle and has a face value of £40. I could have the ticket left for you at the Royal Albert Hall box office, or put you in touch with my friends who will be attending the event.

As this is so last minute, I'm not asking for face value, if you make an offer I'll consider it whatever it is.

Hopefully I can get this ticket into the hands of a fan so the seat won't remain empty. :)

(I asked duckroll if a post like this was allowed and figured the Theatrhythm thread was the best place to find someone who might be interested.)

Ah, this is such a cool opportunity, if I still lived in London I would totally go for it. I used to live really close to Royal Albert Hall too!

bobohoro

I'm sitting at 15 right now, I bolded the ones you don't have yet:

- Dungeon (II)
- Let The Battles Begin (VII)
- J-E-N-O-V-A (VII)
- Aerith's Theme (VII)
- Main Theme Of Final Fantasy (VII)
- Judgement Day (VII)
- Over The Hill (IX)
- Zanarkand (X)
- A Fleeting Dream (X)
- Fighting Fate (XIII)
- The Archylte Steppe (XIII)
- Dust To Dust (XIII)
- Noel's Theme: Final Journey (XIII-2)

finally got around to playing the final set of DLC songs from two weeks ago and I must say that whoever included the Live TV ratings image in the Rufus's Welcoming Ceremony stage is a goddamn genius

I wanna throw out Mt. Gulg from FFI as another easy ultimate all-critical (I'm up to 4 of them, yay!). Got it within a couple tries during some quest grinding.

I made a party of all FFXI characters yesterday and spent some time just playing 11's selections in Music Stage mode while I leveled them up. Man, that game has some incredible music. Gustaberg and Heavens Tower are so calming and peaceful.

I'm sitting at 15 right now, I bolded the ones you don't have yet:

- Dungeon (II)
- Let The Battles Begin (VII)
- J-E-N-O-V-A (VII)
- Aerith's Theme (VII)
- Main Theme Of Final Fantasy (VII)
- Judgement Day (VII)
- Over The Hill (IX)
- Zanarkand (X)
- A Fleeting Dream (X)
- Fighting Fate (XIII)
- The Archylte Steppe (XIII)
- Dust To Dust (XIII)
- Noel's Theme: Final Journey (XIII-2)

Thanks! I done Dust to Dust the other day, will try the other two soon!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man this game already seems pretty dead online. I guess ill never get that 50 wins trophy, mostly cause I suck.

Would anyone be interested in making/playing in a tournament ? I'd be happy to organize if people would like to take a break from Smash 3DS!

I get nervous every time I am on a high-level quest and I see an X-2 battle upcoming. They really needed a back out to the map option.

I also realized Chocobo's Dungeon is remix crazy. Including a remix of the glorious the Man with the Machine Gun.

Falk

that puzzling face
こんにちは!ブレイブリー宣伝担当です。
「シアトリズム ファイナルファンタジー カーテンコール」の追加コンテンツとしてブレイブリーデフォルトの楽曲が先行配信されることが決定しました!
<追加楽曲>
ブレイブリーデフォルト 「彼の者の名は」
ブレイブリーデフォルト 「光と影の地平」
ブレイブリーデフォルト 「邪悪なる飛翔」
ブレイブリーデフォルト 「地平を喰らう蛇」
『シアトリズムFFCC』公式サイト内試聴ページはこちら
http://sqex.to/6s5
また本日20:00から放送予定の「SEP第9回 秋のスペシャル特番豪華2本立て!」では、実機プレイを予定しておりますのでそちらも是非お楽しみに!

Holy shit

HOLY SHIT

edit: Bravely Default music

edit2: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/t_ffcc/track/dlc/index.html

Falk

that puzzling face
11/19 in Japan, 3 BMS (boss battles p much), 1 FMS (world map theme)

No character DLC as far as I can tell.

MrDaravon

11/19 in Japan, 3 BMS (boss battles p much), 1 FMS (world map theme)

No character DLC as far as I can tell.

Holy shit fucking awesome. No character is slightly disappointing but pretty expected.

This honestly gives me some hope that we'll continue to see more DLC for the game and have it be this long tail DLC platform they talked about.

Probably also deserves a thread on the Gaming side since it's pretty much out of nowhere and people would care.

MrDaravon

I finally got Total Critical and Perfect Chains on every EMS song on every difficulty. I NEVER HAVE TO PLAY AN EMS SONG AGAIN THANK YOU SWEET BABY JESUS

Is this worth the upgrade? Does it have a more structured single player?

Thinking about selling the original and getting the sequel on black friday I'll be able to pick it up for about 10 bucks with the trade in and GCU at best buy

suzu

Is this worth the upgrade? Does it have a more structured single player?

Thinking about selling the original and getting the sequel on black friday I'll be able to pick it up for about 10 bucks with the trade in and GCU at best buy

If you liked the first game and also never bothered with the DLC --- then yes, it's worth it.

There is a Quest Medley mode. It's not a "story" mode though. See OP for details~

Funny thing happened today. I woke up with this song in my head. Couldn't remember what it was or where I heard it from, and it bothered me for like an hour, until it finally popped into my head.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Fight With Seymour

I don't even listen to the song all that much.

Swamped

Banned
It's sad that this topic is dying, but i guess it's understandable given all the new games that have come out. I really hope we get the bravely default dlc.

We should have a neogaf tournament or something, now that everyone has had lots of practice :p

Falk

that puzzling face
It's sad that this topic is dying, but i guess it's understandable given all the new games that have come out. I really hope we get the bravely default dlc.

We should have a neogaf tournament or something, now that everyone has had lots of practice :p

Being brutally honest, as far as pure rhythm game mechanics go, Theathryhthm is pretty dang simplistic, and while it does have a pronounced skill/learning curve, many other rhythm game franchises have way more staying power.

Final Fantasy music and a very mild barrier to entry skill-wise definitely make the appeal a really broad for a music game in 2013/2014, but it does suffer some depth issues.

I was playing the same four DJMAX PSP/PC titles half a decade later

Also still playing Curtain Call from time to time - just nothing groundbreaking to report, really

Top Bottom