• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Nohar

Onion Knight is fantastic for FMS. Farming exp is really easy in Ultimate difficulty with him, thanks to his insane Agility and perfect skill selection. Buff him up even further with CollectaCards, and enjoy winning at least 16000 exp per run (with him as the leader, and without tripping, of course).

suzu

Currently, these are my parties..

FMS:
zlCfzSgsTPomBmSO9j

BMS:
zlCfzSisLgooRciran

Robin64

Currently, these are my parties..

FMS:
zlCfzSgsTPomBmSO9j

Heh, we have the same FMS except I have Zidane instead of Balthier.

Wish there was a way to save a party setup, making it easier to switch them.

Can someone send me a quest full of FMS in about 30 mins?

suzu

Heh, we have the same FMS except I have Zidane instead of Balthier.

Wish there was a way to save a party setup, making it easier to switch them.

Can someone send me a quest full of FMS in about 30 mins?

:D

Yeah, let me know when you're free.

Edit: Hmm, my game is stuck at the "Extra data is being checked now..." screen.
Edit2: Huh, weird. I had to bypass the loading screen by playing my quick start song. Now it's back to normal. I was scared my save file got corrupted somehow. D:

Robin64

Woo!

I'm around now if you're free. :)

Edit: Thanks for the map and the matches! Was fun, though Judgment is horrible. Sadly I have to go to bed now if I want to be up at a sane hour. :(

Finally unlocked all the characters, which means my time with my initial party of Lightning #2, Cieran, Ace, and Zack is coming to an end. Just need to get some Level 1 Chaos Maps for my new party

I managed to get an EXP hound scroll. I'm using it on Cosmos. My only hope of survival in these ultimate songs is with Paeon healing and Soul Voice buff which is an extremely CP hungry setup so resets needed.

Apparently this weeks DLC brings us to the end of songs released in Japan but there will still be a character missing; Krille. Does that mean she will be on her own next week or just not included? Then again that press release is a tad out of date, I also wonder who added the words "the final batch".

Onion Knight is fantastic for FMS. Farming exp is really easy in Ultimate difficulty with him, thanks to his insane Agility and perfect skill selection. Buff him up even further with CollectaCards, and enjoy winning at least 16000 exp per run (with him as the leader, and without tripping, of course).
In the long term the flaw the Onion Knight has is their luck is lacking compared to characters like Locke, Balthier and Rikku. But early on it is really easy to get massive agility on him (and the initial cap of 50CP is not an obstacle to this goal).

Finally unlocked all the characters, which means my time with my initial party of Lightning #2, Cieran, Ace, and Zack is coming to an end. Just need to get some Level 1 Chaos Maps for my new party
I have so many level down nuts but Level 1 maps are just such a torture to play through. I should really use airship tickets on them to get them over with as I'm again backed into the corner against of getting maps full of ultimate stages I can't complete.

Indeed. You'll get a bunch of shards as Rhythmia rewards for like the first 30,000 you get, but after that, you just get one, so you'll need to do Quest Medleys to get the majority of them. Black Shards are the hardest to find though.

Anustart

I'm having fantasies of a party setup that can survive all misses but still kill enemies. Possible? Enough healing and maybe skills that activate on miss/bads.

Robin64

I'm having fantasies of a party setup that can survive all misses but still kill enemies. Possible? Enough healing and maybe skills that activate on miss/bads.

Yep, very possible. It's easier to make a team that can survive an FMS, but with a lot of preperation you can make that one survices BMSes too.

Hands Free Item/CollectaCard Farming

This is going to be a lot more tough than the first option. You are absolutely going to need to use the Collecta Crystarium. You will need to sink a lot of time into this to make it really viable, so be prepared to strap in and get comfortable.

The optimal setup for this will be a healer, two melee damage dealers, and one magic damage dealer. Two of these roles can only be filled by one person.

For healing, the single most efficient method of healing is by stacking Paeon skills. As there are only three characters that have all three Paeon skills, that narrows it down quite a bit. The last skill is the one that makes the decision for us. The most viable option for the final option is Soul Voice, which will double the healing effect on the healer and thus provide a huge boost to the overall healing provided. This narrowly outperforms Elegy Lv 3 and makes Cosmos the overall best healer.

We want to have a single magic user as well. This person will just stand around until the first boss enemy shows up and then will unleash a fury that will decimate several enemies in a row. Since these will basically be one shot spells, we want to make them as strong as possible. The best way to do that is to stack Bluff and Dualcast. The only character who can do that is Shantotto. You'll also want to use a scroll to teach her Ultima.

Now, the only way we'll be able to get to a boss in the first place is to be able to kill a few enemies. This is where the physical damage dealers come into play. The only way to deal damage without actually doing anything is by using Counters. There are plenty of character that can use all levels of Counter, so we will narrow the choices down further by considering what other abilities to use. The best overall ability to pair with three levels of Counter is Added Cut since it will activate each time all three Counters activate.

By looking at which characters have all three levels of Counter and also Added Cut, we narrow the choices down to four: Sephiroth, Auron, Lightning, and Paine. Of the four, Paine is the most versatile as she also has a Limit Break that deals damage on boss characters. Of the remaining three, I prefer Auron as he's also a part of my BMS team.

There are a few other characters worth consideration. Edge has the first two levels of Counter and Added Cut. His fourth ability slot can be filled with Chakra Lv 2 for added healing. Prishe has the first two levels of Counter and can fill her last two slots with any two of Chakra Lv 3, Paeon Lv 2, or The Five Lights.

Here is the current setup that I'm using:

Paine: Counter Lv 1, Counter Lv 2, Counter Lv 3, Added Cut [46 CP] or Counter Lv 2, Counter Lv 3, Added Cut, Sword Dance [59 CP]
Auron: Counter Lv 1, Counter Lv 2, Counter Lv 3, Added Cut [46 CP]
Shantotto: Dualcast, Bluff, Ultima, Ancient Magic [85 CP]
Cosmos: Paeon Lv 1, Paeon Lv 2, Paeon Lv 3, Soul Voice [87 CP]

Once you raise your overall HP high enough to survive the easier Basic stages, start boosting the Strength and Magic stats of your team. Even getting those stats into the 500 range should enable you to defeat over a dozen enemies in a stage. Pair up this strategy with the CollectaCard Groups section of the guide to find the cards that you need and efficiently farm them without any effort.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/730860-theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call/faqs/69256?page=1

Boogiepop

"Beat" the game today (IE hit the credits). Still continuing on, leveling up and unlocking characters. Still have quite a few left. Just out of curiosity: can you only get a quest boss's drops once? Or can you farm one if you really needed to? Not an issue yet, but maybe it could come up in the future and it'd be nice to know.

Also, screw rotating triggers. I know I just need to get used to them, since they're consistent and not really adding any true difficulty, but the stupid things always throw me off!

"Beat" the game today (IE hit the credits). Still continuing on, leveling up and unlocking characters. Still have quite a few left. Just out of curiosity: can you only get a quest boss's drops once? Or can you farm one if you really needed to? Not an issue yet, but maybe it could come up in the future and it'd be nice to know.

Also, screw rotating triggers. I know I just need to get used to them, since they're consistent and not really adding any true difficulty, but the stupid things always throw me off!

You can only get a boss's "reward" drop (which is generally a handful of shards, although it can be other things) once, but its three main drops are farmable if you repeat the quest and kill the boss multiple times. It can be handy if a boss has something like an Exp Up Scroll in its drop table.

I *still* cannot deal with rotating triggers. I can do Ultimate scores just fine and have no problem with speedy notes in general, but rotating triggers are my absolute undoing. It's honestly kind of embarrassing how badly Monster Buff screws me over when I play online. =/

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hey can anyone trade me a high level Nostaglic Bracing map (XP map)? I'll be available for the next 2 hours. My FC is in my profile.

I have available:

Lv50 Nostaglic Recent Fantasy (EXP Up 2 Scroll Reward & Black Shard Drop)
LV99 with 2x Black Shard Reward
Lv99 with Turquoise x4 Reward
Lv31 with Golden Shard Drop & Turquoise x5 , Yellow x2 Reward

... If that interests anyone. :)

MrDaravon

Hey can anyone trade me a high level Nostaglic Bracing map (XP map)? I'll be available for the next 2 hours. My FC is in my profile.

I have available:

Lv50 Nostaglic Recent Fantasy (EXP Up 2 Scroll Reward & Black Shard Drop)
LV99 with 2x Black Shard Reward
Lv99 with Turquoise x4 Reward
Lv31 with Golden Shard Drop & Turquoise x5 , Yellow x2 Reward

... If that interests anyone. :)

You still around? I can hop on in like 5 minutes if you want a level 50 version of the Nostalgic Bracing map. Also have I think the level 75 chocobo map if you want. FC is 5455-9558-6601, in-game tag is Jimmy. I don't have the level 50 Nostalgic Recent map. I'm good on the other ones, but I really weirdly have gotten like zero white shards, if you or anyone else has maps that have a lot of white shards I'd love to get them. I'm still missing several characters but on most I'm on my last character for that color, but I'm still missing 4 white shard characters.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
You still around? I can hop on in like 5 minutes if you want a level 50 version of the Nostalgic Bracing map. Also have I think the level 75 chocobo map if you want. FC is 5455-9558-6601, in-game tag is Jimmy. I don't have the level 50 Nostalgic Recent map. I'm good on the other ones, but I really weirdly have gotten like zero white shards, if you or anyone else has maps that have a lot of white shards I'd love to get them. I'm still missing several characters but on most I'm on my last character for that color, but I'm still missing 4 white shard characters.

Yeah, I will be online in ten minutes. My daughter is playing Smash Bros right now before bed time.... lol I'll check and see if I have any White Shard maps already cleared.

MrDaravon

Yeah, I will be online in ten minutes. My daughter is playing Smash Bros right now before bed time.... lol I'll check and see if I have any White Shard maps already cleared.

Okay I added you. Don't have a ton of time to play so we'll have to do one, back out to change profilecard maps and do a second game, then I'll probably need to go after that. Don't have any particularly special maps other than the 50 Bracing and 75 Pastoral unfortunately anyway.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Okay I added you. Don't have a ton of time to play so we'll have to do one, back out to change profilecard maps and do a second game, then I'll probably need to go after that. Don't have any particularly special maps other than the 50 Bracing and 75 Pastoral unfortunately anyway.

Okay just added you, I'll setup my ProfiCard and search for you. Are you hosting the game?

cool, I got it!

MrDaravon

Okay just added you, I'll setup my ProfiCard and search for you. Are you hosting the game?

I'll host, getting on right now.

Edit: Okay, downloaded the map from your card and changed my map, re-hosting with the new map. Don't forget to download the first one first!

Edit 2: Good stuff, thanks! Sorry I couldn't play longer, both of those games were super close.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Cool, thanks for the maps!

And thanks for letting me win that second battle. I was getting pretty damn salty about getting Chain Attacked and then using a revival. I kinda hate online battles, I get WORKED up when I lose! It reminds me of my Street Fighter days. Not good for my heart...

MrDaravon

Cool, thanks for the maps!

And thanks for letting me win that second battle. I was getting pretty damn salty about getting Chain Attacked and then using a revival. I kinda hate online battles, I get WORKED up when I lose! It reminds me of my Street Fighter days. Not good for my heart...

Actually wasn't on purpose, I got screwed at the very end by the effect where it counts as a Bad if you don't get a Critical note and I missed like 5 notes >_>

MrDaravon

Fucking JUDGEMENT. I hate that effect. Battle mode is fun, and also infuriating.

Yeah, pretty much. Even if it's not a particularly bad or annoying status effect I have a tendency to just completely melt when they hit me for some reason, no idea. I wind up doing better on Ultimate no EX mode over Expert with EX on, even though I'm still kinda terrible at most Ultimate songs.

Boogiepop

So, what's the usual preference, short quests or long ones? Also... what exactly is the purpose of "EX Boss" spaces on the map? I mean, they don't have special rewards and normal battles have "boss" monsters too. Do they just have better potential drops?

Edit: Also, chains of short hold triggers ending in slide triggers has to be my ultimate weakness in this game. Definitely feels like they stepped up the difficulty for Ultimates in this game.

Robin64

No image yet, oddly, but this week's DLC is up. The SpotPass also calls it "the final batch", so it looks like we're not getting Krile.

BMS
“Melodies Errant” (FINAL FANTASY XI)
“Nascent Requiem” (FINAL FANTASY XIII)
“Iron Colossus” (FINAL FANTASY XI)
“Battle in the Forgotten City” (FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN)

FMS
“Saronia” (FINAL FANTASY III)
“Ipsen’s Castle” (FINAL FANTASY IX)
“Rufus’s Welcoming Ceremony” (FINAL FANTASY VII)
“The Oath” (FINAL FANTASY VIII)
“Phon Coast“ (FINAL FANTASY XII)

Character
Vincent (FINAL FANTASY VII)

Fucking JUDGEMENT. I hate that effect. Battle mode is fun, and also infuriating.
Monster buff, invisible triggers are ones I hate in battle mode.

Finally done Gold in vs. AI. Now Platinum is just a screen of ultimate scores *shudder*. I also found out what happens if you lose anywhere during a league. Back to the start...(I lost to no. 1 Gold).

Character-wise it seems most of what is left locked is gold shard based. Feels bad when you play a long quest, fail to beat one of the bosses and the other two gave you a load of useless shards. I wonder if it is worth brute forcing of constantly losing on a map until one coughs out useful shards to get more or does it only give you a new map once.

I also had a lovely shock of a level 53 short quest starting off with an ultimate song that nearly killed me.

So, what's the usual preference, short quests or long ones? Also... what exactly is the purpose of "EX Boss" spaces on the map? I mean, they don't have special rewards and normal battles have "boss" monsters too. Do they just have better potential drops?
Long for EXP. Short might be better when you are down to a few shard flavors. I think EX boss spaces start with a boss enemy in the song (but might not count as a boss), the manual says the colour tells you which boss it is.

Character-wise it seems most of what is left locked is gold shard based. Feels bad when you play a long quest, fail to beat one of the bosses and the other two gave you a load of useless shards. I wonder if it is worth brute forcing of constantly losing on a map until one coughs out useful shards to get more or does it only give you a new map once.

Not sure if this is exactly what you're asking, but you can keep beating the same quest and it will continue to generate new maps for you. It's not a one-time thing, so if you wanted to run a single level 1 map into the ground you could.

No new DLC AND no Krile?
I can understand not wanting to create new DLC and release it months after the Japanese release but the decision not to toss a pre-created character onto the list completely baffles me.

Kirlia

Banned
No new DLC AND no Krile?
I can understand not wanting to create new DLC and release it months after the Japanese release but the decision not to toss a pre-created character onto the list completely baffles me.

That is really fucking stupid. What's the point in not releasing her?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
No new DLC AND no Krile?

That is really fucking stupid. What's the point in not releasing her?

Time to ask about this on their FB page? It's the only way I can think of that we may get an answer.

Ventara

So I haven't been keeping up with the thread, but I've been playing this (just leveling my characters with the exp map), and I'm wondering if there have been any more amazing Quest Medleys discovered since the exp map?

Also, I'm almost done leveling up everyone, and will start resetting 4 characters until they have 100 CP each. Is there a general consensus on which 4 are best to do this with. Also, do characters have a max stat cap? Can I max all 6 stats? And is it smart to do so, if yes?

One last thing; what's the best way to farm cards, other than using that one item that turns all rewards to cards?

suzu

So I haven't been keeping up with the thread, but I've been playing this (just leveling my characters with the exp map), and I'm wondering if there have been any more amazing Quest Medleys discovered since the exp map?

Also, I'm almost done leveling up everyone, and will start resetting 4 characters until they have 100 CP each. Is there a general consensus on which 4 are best to do this with. Also, do characters have a max stat cap? Can I max all 6 stats? And is it smart to do so, if yes?

One last thing; what's the best way to farm cards, other than using that one item that turns all rewards to cards?

All the "nostalgic" chaos maps have themes to them. Such as all FMS, all BMS, only songs from certain series, etc. There are also some chaos maps with the Feral Chaos boss (you get a trophy for defeating him).

For characters and builds... you can check this gamefaq.

I assume VS mode is the best for cards. If you're looking for specific cards, check this (from the same faq).

Top Bottom