• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

MrDaravon

Yeah I'm still playing it on a daily basis, but without DLC coming out on a regular basis there's not really a whole lot to actually talk about really, the gameplay itself isn't really mechanically complicated or anything.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm still playing from time to time. Almost unlocked all the characters. This is the perfect game to leave in your 3DS or have installed. Just such a fun title to pick up and play a few songs and chill out to some awesome music.

Hansel?

Neo Member
So I have no idea where else to ask this, so I'll ask it here.

As a fairly long-time owner of the 3DS, I'm still a complete noob with the system itself.

I notice THEATRHYTHM allows you to take screen shots of your scores and stuff.

Does the 3DS itself not allow for screen shots to be saved to the system? I've been reading about how you can "post" screens to Miiverse, but that doesn't sound like it actually saves the screens to your system. Been wanting to take random screen shots of other games I've been playing and cannot figure out how.

Guessing it's only able to be done in games that allow it? Not a system thing?

EDIT: Guess I'll add a THEATRHYTHM question in as well since I've been wondering this anyway...

Are EMS's supposed to be impossible to All-Crit??? Well, not impossible... I guess it's just that it feels like I can be off by as much as half a second in BMS and still earn a crit. Whereas if I'm off by .0000000000000000000000000000001 of a second in EMS, it's "Good."

It's impossible I tells ya!

Unless maybe there are items meant to make it more forgiving? Please tell me there are equipable items in the game that make EMS more forgiving?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
When you take a screenshot with theatrhythm it stores it on the system (or SD card, more accurately). You can view them via the 3DS Photo App. You can't put them on Miiverse after saving them though, Miiverse photo uploads are only whatever your game is displaying when you hit the home button and go to Miiverse, and only for games that actually support that functionality. You can upload saved photos to twitter/facebook though via the 3DS Image Share, which is just a site you can upload to via the 3DS browser. There's a shortcut to it in the 3DS settings icon in the top-left of the home menu.

As for EMS, I experience the same issue, where they are WAY less forgiving than BMS/FMS. It's a huge pain in my ass. I don't think there's anything to make them any easier in that regard, you just gotta become a robot.

Something has really been pissing me off lately. When I'm doing a FMS and a hold trigger comes up, when I'm holding down on the trigger at the start, it will sometimes register as a bad, forcing me to start over. I'd say there's a 1-10% chance of it occurring, and when it does, I'm pretty disgusted cause I know damn well I'm holding down the damn stylus and I know the game is trying to fuck me over. It's even more frustrating when it happens while I'm in the middle of trying to get the max score on an Ultimate stage (which already takes multiple tries). Re-calibrating the touch screen over and over really gets tiresome

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Something has really been pissing me off lately. When I'm doing a FMS and a hold trigger comes up, when I'm holding down on the trigger at the start, it will sometimes register as a bad, forcing me to start over. I'd say there's a 1-10% chance of it occurring, and when it does, I'm pretty disgusted cause I know damn well I'm holding down the damn stylus and I know the game is trying to fuck me over. It's even more frustrating when it happens while I'm in the middle of trying to get the max score on an Ultimate stage (which already takes multiple tries). Re-calibrating the touch screen over and over really gets tiresome

lol this has happened to me a lot! I know exactly the feeling, it's like it just drops your input or something!

I usually just reboot the game, and I think it goes away. I think you need to remember not to touch the circle pad or the touch screen while booting up the game, that screws with the callibration.

Celegus

My copy from the Thanksgiving sale just showed up and I had no clue there was so much new stuff in here. I thought it was mostly just more songs, but the quest system is way better than the chaos shrines of old, and the versus looks really cool. So many characters! And I can make the beats sound like chocobos! I love you game!

Best yet, I sold my copy of the original game right before this one came out for $20, and bought Curtain Call for $20. Schwing!

Celegus

Bummer that the online mode seems to be completely dead. I've tried several times the past week and haven't found a single match.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Bummer that the online mode seems to be completely dead. I've tried several times the past week and haven't found a single match.

Yeah, I jumped online today for the first time in a while and it seem to have completely died. I wish 2014 hadn't been that packed honestly. Between Smash, P4AU, and now Xrd I don't think I've enjoyed the online for each game to the fullest. :(

Aiustis

I think I have several black shard quests! Let me know when you want to play to exchange maps!

Thankies, magically I got them as rewards. I'm always up for battle though.

Yeah, I jumped online today for the first time in a while and it seem to have completely died. I wish 2014 hadn't been that packed honestly. Between Smash, P4AU, and now Xrd I don't think I've enjoyed the online for each game to the fullest. :(

Message me if you ever want to play online

Swamped

Banned
Yeah, I started playing again for the first time in a while, and online does look pretty barren these days. This is why we need a neogaf tournament!

But yeah, if you guys are ever up for some battles, let me know!

I did also obtain a new map, the 'new' nostalgia map, with songs from X-XIV, so if anyone is interested let me know as well.

Son Of D

Been playing this again recently. Is there an easy way to get EXP Hoard scrolls? Just want to bring some characters up to speed with my main party.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Been playing this again recently. Is there an easy way to get EXP Hoard scrolls? Just want to bring some characters up to speed with my main party.

I haven't read of any methods. There are a lot of maps out there where bosses give out Exp Up III, but the Hound scrolls seem hard to come by. I think the best luck is to fight those "XP" enemies: The Rovers, Magic Pot, and whatever else are on the "Bracing" maps. They probably give you best chance for a rare drop like Hound.

There sure is. You just need a few powerful characters and the shortest BMS unlocked. That song is The Chaos Shrine - TFFCC BMS Arrangement - From FF (40,000 Rhythmia unlock). I wrote about my experiences before so copypaste time:
That also happens to be the shortest BMS in the game (1:28). The enemies in it are fairly tough, especially the first one and the boss (
Feral Chaos
which on difficulties above basic can withstand a trance+dualcast boosted Ultima). The boss has things like Ultima, Exp Hound, Doomsday in its drop table (even in basic difficulty). As it is a drop table it is luck based which might frustrate (especially if your party isn't able to make off with 6 treasures most of the time and/or the game decides the non useful scrolls are not going to be cards but things like potions).

The basic score has just enough notes to get off a Firaga too (my Terra runs Ultima, Firaga, Dualcast, Trance which did require 6 resets plus a little CP boosing to make room for). Due to the length of the song added cut users are advised against (as their added cut and other skill activations can queue up Ultima and make it cast later).

Other tips are having scare is a must as the first enemy is a right damage sponge (especially in my case as Terra is a late bloomer here) so you need to race to the boss after that.
That is all a lot easier than brute forcing chaos maps or reaching out to people with out...

On a related noted I think EXP up 3 scrolls are seen as Fat Chocobo drop (in FMS Fat Chocobo appears to have its own drop table...for each difficulty). If Fat Chocobo distance is based on song the FFII Chocobo theme DLC might be intentional (shortest FMS in the game...even then it feels too long ~8 second loop does that).

suzu

Ultima [BMS] – Final Fantasy XIV
Hard to Miss [BMS] – Final Fantasy XIV
Zero [BMS] – Final Fantasy Type-0
Opening Titles [FMS] – Romancing SaGa 2
Passionate Rhythm [FMS] – Romancing SaGa –Minstrel Song-
Battle #4 [BMS] – SaGa Frontier
Meridian Dance [BMS] – Secret of Mana
Chrono Trigger [BMS] – Chrono Trigger

I hope SE brings this new DLC (along with Krile and the Bravely Default DLC) to NA/EU players.

Video/music preview.

Celegus

Do you still need friend codes for 3DS or is it all NNID now? I haven't messed with friendlist stuff in a while. I can check what my FC is at home, but my NNID is the same (Celegus). Was hoping someone would have a chaos map with some green or red shards on it (or black of course). For some reason, I just haven't been able to find those ones at all.

Robin64

Upcoming DLC for December 24th NA (and most likely EU)

Battle Music Sequence (BMS)

“He of the Name” (Bravely Default)
“Evil Wings” (Bravely Default)
“The Serpent That Devours the Horizon” (Bravely Default)
“Ultima” (FINAL FANTASY XIV)
“Hard to Miss” (FINAL FANTASY XIV)
“Zero” (FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 ™)
“Ardent Rhythm” (Romancing SaGa ® : Minstrel Song)
“Battle #4” (SaGa Frontier)
“Meridian Dance” (Secret of Mana)
“Chrono Trigger” (CHRONO TRIGGER)

Field Music Sequence (FMS)

“Horizon of Light and Shadow” (Bravely Default)
“Title Screen” (Romancing SaGa 2)

Teknoman

Upcoming DLC for December 24th NA (and most likely EU)

Battle Music Sequence (BMS)

“He of the Name” (Bravely Default)
“Evil Wings” (Bravely Default)
“The Serpent That Devours the Horizon” (Bravely Default)
“Ultima” (FINAL FANTASY XIV)
“Hard to Miss” (FINAL FANTASY XIV)
“Zero” (FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 ™)
“Ardent Rhythm” (Romancing SaGa ® : Minstrel Song)
“Battle #4” (SaGa Frontier)
“Meridian Dance” (Secret of Mana)
“Chrono Trigger” (CHRONO TRIGGER)

Field Music Sequence (FMS)

“Horizon of Light and Shadow” (Bravely Default)
“Title Screen” (Romancing SaGa 2)

Meridian Dance?! Chrono Trigger and more SaGa?!

Man, at least Square is being fair with DLC releases.

Robin64

Will the FFXIV songs be free for a limited time as well like in Japan?

Sadly not.

Square Enix announced today that the Bravely Default™ add-on tracks, previously only released in Japan, will be available for North American fans of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call on December 24, 2014. This update, entitled the “Second Performance,” also includes an all-new batch of DLC containing fan favorite tracks from not only the FINAL FANTASY® series, but a variety of classic Square Enix titles including CHRONO TRIGGER, Secret of Mana and more. Each track will be priced at $0.99.

MrDaravon

Weird, so that article seems to be implying that completely unannounced DLC (in any region) is still coming? IIRC we're getting everything announced in this one batch this week (RIP Krile) so I'm not sure what we'd be getting on January 8th that we already know about.

Teknoman

Passionate Rhythm from Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song is a must. Inject more Kenji Ito into my veins.

7578d29a5edc27cf70ec455727655666.jpg

EDIT: Those that havent heard FFXIV's current final boss music (Ultima) are in for a treat. Same for the FATE battle music (Hard to miss).

Actually all of those DLC tracks are top tier. Battle 4 from SaGa Frontier is probably the epitome (imo) of PS1 style instrumentation, and extreme mode Meridian Dance is just going to be a sight to behold.

Maybe there will a Christmas MiraKrille...yeah I'll grab my coat.

So I've been playing more of The Chaos Shrine - TFFCC BMS Arrangement - From FF. I can get 11 enemies killed in basic mode consistently and somethings a 12th but it is damage output as much as time that prevents me going any further. You're still getting over 5000 EXP and max out the 6 loot slots so I think its good enough for levelling single characters. For groups an easy Ultimate FMS is probably better.

The main efficiency improvement I found was in Terra where I now run Ultima, Doomsday, Dualcast, Trance. Doomsday is stronger than Firaga and activities earlier in the song; during the summon and for me so Doomsday now kills the third monster (when I run Firaga instead the summon kills the third monster instead which takes longer due to the attack animation) which means Ultima goes off a few seconds earlier and the summon attack animation is happening over other monsters dying (I'm not sure where the summon damage spills to as apparently summons don't overflow damage like other attacks do and all the monsters during that point are dying to overflow from Ultima, Omnislash and whatever else).

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

I haven't read of any methods. There are a lot of maps out there where bosses give out Exp Up III, but the Hound scrolls seem hard to come by. I think the best luck is to fight those "XP" enemies: The Rovers, Magic Pot, and whatever else are on the "Bracing" maps. They probably give you best chance for a rare drop like Hound.

Ironically enough, I StreetPassed someone last week with a boss who drops EXP Hound. I can give it to you, but I need to clear the map first. I'll be available this evening, I should have it cleared by then.

The DLC songs are live in Europe, I grabbed them this morning. Not got a chance to play them yet, I'm giving EXP Up scrolls to those characters who didn't get EXP Hound*.

A bizarre fact mentioned in the description for one. Boss Fight #4 (SaGa Frontier) was used in TV commercials, were these ones to do with the game or not?

*-Btw The Chaos Shrine track gave enough scrolls for me to give the top 25 (25 of the top 26 since Krille isn't out) strongest Magic users EXP hound and Doomsday. I still have about a dozen EXP hound left.

Teknoman

The DLC songs are live in Europe, I grabbed them this morning. Not got a chance to play them yet, I'm giving EXP Up scrolls to those characters who didn't get EXP Hound*.

A bizarre fact mentioned in the description for one. Boss Fight #4 (SaGa Frontier) was used in TV commercials, were these ones to do with the game or not?

*-Btw The Chaos Shrine track gave enough scrolls for me to give the top 25 (25 of the top 26 since Krille isn't out) strongest Magic users EXP hound and Doomsday. I still have about a dozen EXP hound left.

It was used in the trailer that was on one of the Square PS1 promo discs. Forget whether it was the FFVII demo, FFVIII demo, or the one that came with Brave Fencer Musashi.

Son Of D

Ironically enough, I StreetPassed someone last week with a boss who drops EXP Hound. I can give it to you, but I need to clear the map first. I'll be available this evening, I should have it cleared by then.

Ah sorry. I really should check this thread more often. Might be unavailable until after Christmas now but that will be appreciated if you get the time to send the map.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
DLC up in NA. Woke up and the forest thing I did was download the Chrono Trigger DLC.

Robin64

Okay, that's really cool. Meridian Dance's stage is a nice new 3D modelled Mana Fortress while Chrono Trigger's is a shiny model of the End of Time. Nice!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Not that anyone asked, but there's some screen shots of the DLC I purchased:

Bravely Default FMS

zlCfzSyfgUIICowFhO

This one has a nice background, it repeats itself twice in the same song, so it's short... but cute.

Chrono Trigger BMS

zlCfzSyflH4X6yQ4Ga

... I forget what the place is called, where you jump through different time portals. But its presented in the DLC, that's pretty cool.

I also downloaded the Bravely Default "He name is", that background is real boring. It's just a representation of the all blue hazy background you fight in Bravely Default during boss fights, very uninteresting.

suzu

Chrono Trigger BMS

zlCfzSyflH4X6yQ4Ga

... I forget what the place is called, where you jump through different time portals. But its presented in the DLC, that's pretty cool.

The BG in the Chrono Trigger dlc is The End of Time. :)

Playing this track makes we wish we had a CT/CC Theatrhythm or at least more songs from it.

Don't forget SaGa :(

I've only played SaGa Frontier 2, and I can't remember any of the music (off the top of my head). :O

Top Bottom