• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

zroid

Banned
The omission I'm most saddened by is no FFCC tracks in the DLC list. Gotdamn I love those musics.

Still hoping it might make an appearance later, but with nearly 50 songs added already, it doesn't seem too likely.

Heropon

The omission I'm most saddened by is no FFCC tracks in the DLC list. Gotdamn I love those musics.

Still hoping it might make an appearance later, but with nearly 50 songs added already, it doesn't seem too likely.

If people in Japan has bought many of these songs, maybe they are thinking about doing more songs. I hope...

Or maybe they do a Theatrhythm with all Square Enix franchises one day!

Westraid

Tried the demo, the game seems like a lot of fun.
Still on the fence though. I'm terrible at rhythm games. I can't even S rank The Man With The Machine Gun so I'm a little worried I won't be able to finish the game on the easiest difficulty.

Tried the demo, the game seems like a lot of fun.
Still on the fence though. I'm terrible at rhythm games. I can't even S rank The Man With The Machine Gun so I'm a little worried I won't be able to finish the game on the easiest difficulty.

The Man With The Machine Gun is really difficult in normal, and brutal in expert.
I have played this kind of rythm games a lot (getting always perfect ranks and big scores whn I beat them completly) and with the few times I have tried that song im not getting more than a B in normal.
So it seems you are not so bad at rythm games if you can get an A in that song with only a few games.

The other song in the demo was too easy in comparison.

Westraid

The Man With The Machine Gun is really difficult in normal, and brutal in expert.
I have played this kind of rythm games a lot (getting always perfect ranks and big scores whn I beat them completly) and with the few times I have tried that song im not getting more than a B in normal.
So it seems you are not so bad at rythm games if you can get an A in that song with only a few games.

The other song in the demo was too easy in comparison.
Really? Oh thank you thank you thank you for telling me this!
I liked the game so much but I wouldn't have bought it if I couldn't finish it on easy at least.
I figured they'd only make easy songs available since it's a demo.

So pre-ordering this now, thank you! :)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Missing some numbers to be a real SE title. Maybe add another 4^(1/2) at the end.
How about this:

Theatrhythm Duo: Caerulea Somnia Melodiarum Bellorumque:
m2RP0.png

Fixed. Asymptotes Approaching Infinity would work too because it sounds exotic in English, I guess, lol.

Jucksalbe

Banned
How about this:

m2RP0.png

Fixed. Asymptotes Approaching Infinity would work too because it sounds exotic in English, I guess, lol.

Screw you for posting that first equation (that you now replaced). I wanted it to be a nice 2, but I failed miserably at trying to solve the equation for y=2. Also the new one doesn't make sense. It should be some kind of variable say n with lim n->0 instead of just 0. Also "ln" looks much nicer and is more exotic.
And since I'm on that topic, I bought two of the books you recommended a while back. Now I only have to read them. :)

Heropon

I'm so jealous... I want this game now, but the soonest I can get it is next Wednesday. Please shops, break the street date like you do with every other product.

This has been out in Japan forever obviously, but with the embargo up I can now answer questions/check stuff in the English version if anybody has any burners.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
If they do make a sequel in the Final Fantasy series, I hope they use music from spinoffs like FFCC, 4WoL, and FFMQ. They have great soundtracks in general, and they should get some credit in this sort of fashion too.

I'm surprised they didn't include any of the SQ albums' tracks as bonus levels or something. They have so many albums to their disposal for that sort of stuff.

This has been out in Japan forever obviously, but with the embargo up I can now answer questions/check stuff in the English version if anybody has any burners.
So what exactly is the format of the game in terms of the story Series mode? Is it field -> battle -> cutscene song?

Screw you for posting that first equation (that you now replaced). I wanted it to be a nice 2, but I failed miserably at trying to solve the equation for y=2. Also the new one doesn't make sense. It should be some kind of variable say n with lim n->0 instead of just 0. Also "ln" looks much nicer and is more exotic.
And since I'm on that topic, I bought two of the books you recommended a while back. Now I only have to read them. :)
So it's something that Square-Enix would write in, right? :p You can't divide anything by zero in R since it'll be undefined anyway, and maybe Toriyama would think that's a cool thing. Wait, this equation doesn't have to make sense. This is Square-Enix, so it doesn't matter what I type.

df5I5.png

Theatrhythm Tres: Tituli Stulti Sunt:
kzdZp.png

Also, I hope you enjoy the Zero book! :)

Really can't wait for this now. I pre-ordered it based solely on the fact it had FF music as I'm not a rhythm game fan at all. But the demo has sealed the deal.

I just wish it had the whole of the FFVII overworld theme on it. I love the way that builds as it progresses.

What options has the Museum?

Four options; Records, Collection, Theatre, Music Player.

Records is self explanatory.
Collection is "Collectacards". 3D collectable trading cards, I guess. Unlocked by playing.
Theatre contains 13 movies, one from each game for 1-6 these are of gameplay from the Japanese release. For 7-13 these are FMV music videos basically that play during one of the three music stages. This is a way to view them without all the inputs on top of them.
Music Player lets you listen to the songs. There's 77 in total. The game includes a bunch of songs that aren't playable in the actual gameplay including some cool remixes, so that's what a bunch of these 77 are.

What other unlockables are there but characters and songs, if any?

The Collectacards mentioned above. You also create a streetpass gamercard thing, so you can unlock settings for that, backgrounds and stuff. That's all. There's a handful - and I mean a handful - of unlockable songs, too.

If they do make a sequel in the Final Fantasy series, I hope they use music from spinoffs like FFCC, 4WoL, and FFMQ. They have great soundtracks in general, and they should get some credit in this sort of fashion too.

I'm surprised they didn't include any of the SQ albums' tracks as bonus levels or something. They have so many albums to their disposal for that sort of stuff.

So what exactly is the format of the game in terms of the story Series mode? Is it field -> battle -> cutscene song?

Depends on the game. They seem to do it so the songs have a flow to them in terms of speed and such. This game really doesn't touch on any remix album stuff. Seems it wasn't their intention.

Honestly, the best part about this game are the rearranged/resynthed pieces of music in the menus. It's a real bummer none of them are playable. There's a wonderful version of "Rose of May" from FF9.

Heropon

Honestly, the best part about this game are the rearranged/resynthed pieces of music in the menus. It's a real bummer none of them are playable. There's a wonderful version of "Rose of May" from FF9.

Ouch, that's cruel. There are so many possibilities in a game like this...

Jucksalbe

Banned
You can't divide anything by zero in R since it'll be undefined anyway, and maybe Toriyama would think that's a cool thing. Wait, this equation doesn't have to make sense. This is Square-Enix, so it doesn't matter what I type.
But you don't have to make it so obvious. I mean the Dissidia title still makes sense in a way...that KH 358/2 Days thing, I don't know. Maybe it's explained in the game? I give them the benefit of the doubt. Infinite Undiscovery is where I draw the line. But still, those titles are more fun than say "God of War". My only problem is, I can't pronounce "Theatrhythm", good thing I bought it online.

Theatrhythm Tres: Tituli Stulti Sunt

Haha.

Also, I hope you enjoy the Zero book! :)
That's still on the list (I still have that post open in a tab to check your list), I bought the one about Fermat and the one about e.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Depends on the game. They seem to do it so the songs have a flow to them in terms of speed and such. This game really doesn't touch on any remix album stuff. Seems it wasn't their intention.
Ohh, so each game would kind of have their own difficulty, I guess, because of the speed and pacing of the BGMs selected in them? That would make sense.

I heard you can get Chocobos on field sections, so... if you do get a chocobo, does that speed up how quick your the stylus prompts come at you or something? Thanks for answering, btw.

But you don't have to make it so obvious. I mean the Dissidia title still makes sense in a way...that KH 358/2 Days thing, I don't know. Maybe it's explained in the game? I give them the benefit of the doubt. Infinite Undiscovery is where I draw the line. But still, those titles are more fun than say "God of War". My only problem is, I can't pronounce "Theatrhythm", good thing I bought it online.

That's still on the list (I still have that post open in a tab to check your list), I bought the one about Fermat and the one about e.
Theatre-rhythm is how I pronounce it (so I still pronounce it like two words). I do think they rationalized the name in an interview somewhere so it's not wholly bad. Unless the FF characters are performing for an audience a la Paper Mario or something.

Ohhh, that Fermat one is good. Have fun with it. There's a good one about phi by Livio too.

Netto-kun

Saved all the Twitter icons from the Japanese TFF site and resized them for avatar use. The Chocobo one is not included since laika09 is already using that one.

iemZK1V0iTbTk.jpg
iodhtPoary3IZ.jpg
iecpnDbUdeBGt.jpg
iZeqyhrruT2BN.jpg
ikW7Yz09ctOl3.jpg
iZa2KWOcc3eRD.jpg
i5zsTISOt9JYD.jpg
iRRkphjqWhhCj.jpg
ibaUYaJZwkXP73.jpg
ifGlhqNaPd1P.jpg
ibfgrmMBEn8DmS.jpg
ibsG7xpKkwASYT.jpg
iA9aGaDyEPBgk.jpg
ijBDLZXcxzguf.jpg
iboGy3YPFBwTbF.jpg
i04mu77CnCG01.jpg
ibvNSPybrSl2mj.jpg
i1dijQxs4KNet.jpg
iLsFUJYjEahp1.jpg
iboWPHgLgj9RCF.jpg
iJTUhpIcVV9uu.jpg
im6CUC7F0Cu5Y.jpg
ibq3aBDyJ0MQ2v.jpg
ibyx6nyH6c7wGK.jpg
iTZRoBJn22sj6.jpg
i6iyuKn1J4UAX.jpg
iEuUQAPH0gAKq.jpg
iNGdUciiJOwFa.jpg
ibz2It8QoxFHLM.jpg
ivbOqgENk7Mb9.jpg

Boogiepop

Been rushing through the FF games I still need to beat before this game makes it out. In the middle of X now, and then I have XIII left (XI doesn't count for me as I'll never ever play it anyway). I still have hope that I may make it before my copy arrives from Amazon! It's a weird mix of wanting this game as quick as possible, and yet also wanting it to arrive slower so I can finish preparing for it.

Oh, and poor Rhythm Thief, coming out like a week after a bigger priority game like this in the same genre has got to hurt.

Top Bottom