• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So... anyone who's never played any of these games probably shouldn't be playing one. Tons of FMV spoilers.

IronLich

iJTUhpIcVV9uu.jpg

Taking if no one minds...

This game's gonna be fun on the bun.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So... anyone who's never played any of these games probably shouldn't be playing one. Tons of FMV spoilers.

Why would someone who's never played Final Fantasy play a Final Fantasy fan service game? This is like people who play direct sequels to games they've never touched.

It hurts my brains.

zroid

Banned
Why would someone who's never played Final Fantasy play a Final Fantasy fan service game? This is like people who play direct sequels to games they've never touched.

It hurts my brains.

I've only played about half of them. :(

Still hyped. I won't mind the spoilers too much.

It hurts my brains.

Yeah...I know a guy who despite being a huge RPG buff has only played XIII and XIII-2, and yet is really looking forward to this. Crazy behaviour.

This makes me extremely depressed ( ._.)

He always cited the fact that he can't stand random battles, but I think he's started to see the error of his ways...he's been talking about getting into the retro Square games recently, in particular FFVI and CT. There's hope yet.

Only FF I haven't really played is XII, hopefully it's not spoiled too badly. But if so then it's not a big deal since I don't see myself playing it anytime soon.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
He always cited the fact that he can't stand random battles, but I think he's started to see the error of his ways...he's been talking about getting into the retro Square games recently, in particular FFVI and CT. There's hope yet.

Doesn't like random battles, yet played XIII-2... hrm...

It hurts my brains.
I haven't played a FF since the SNES days but I will play this because the demo is a lot of fun. Still not interested in FF any more but this one is like a totally different game? Now my brain hurts as well.

Eusis

Do these spoilers include later FFIX stuff? Because as of now that's the only FF where I'd actually care, cleared IV-VIII, along with X, XIII, and XIII-2, but I spoiled myself on X-2 and XII and REALLY couldn't give a damn for X-2, and spoiling myself on XI may arguably be doing me a service given I wouldn't want to put in the time investment necessary to see everything. Still, I got all the way to Disc 3 of IX and the airship so I figure I'm past much of the most likely stuff to get spoiled by this anyway, along with some degree of osmosis.

beanman25

Going to the ball game tonight, but hopefully FedEx will have dropped off my copy by the time I get home. Really want to try this out.

Wessiej

It hurts my brains.

I hate the FF-franchise, but loveeed the demo. Great music + great gameplay. Can not wait.

It hurts my brains.

Only played FFX (didn't like it) and I plan on picking this up so I don't really care about spoilers

zroid

Banned
Gamespot review: 7.5/10
Mark Walton said:
Like the RPG elements, though, the sparse storytelling matters little. This is a throughly entertaining rhythm game, one that proves itself to be as addictive as greats like Elite Beat Agents and Rhythm Heaven Fever. It has been lovingly put together in a way that pays great tribute to the Final Fantasy series and its music, without ever taking Aitself too seriously--just one look at the squeal-inducing cuteness of the chibi characters is enough to confirm that.

WatTsu

Dumb question: Will this come with Nintendo Coins? I know, not Nintendo-published. But they've been including them in more non-Nintendo games.

That would tip it from "kinda really want it but might wait" to "preordering tomorrow".

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Dumb question: Will this come with Nintendo Coins? I know, not Nintendo-published. But they've been including them in more non-Nintendo games.

That would tip it from "kinda really want it but might wait" to "preordering tomorrow".

Nope.

Maxim726X

This is one of those games where the review scores don't matter...

You know what you're getting if you pick this up- And if you're a FF fan this is a dream come true.

Shit, I don't even have a 3DS but I'm thinking about picking one up only for this.

zroid

Banned
This is one of those games where the rview scores don't matter...

You know what you're getting if you pick this up- And if you're a FF fan this is a dream come true.

Shit, I don't even have a 3DS but I'm thinking about picking one up only for this.

Pretty much, yeah. Of course there are a few things that it's good to know beforehand, like the mechanics being sound, but that much was clear long ago.

Hopefully the good reviews will push some fence-sitters over the edge.

Boogiepop

I'm pretty sure I already saw it was in (and I've already got the game preordered anyway), but Battle on the Big Bridge is included in the main game itself, right? Probably my favorite FF song.

Do these spoilers include later FFIX stuff? Because as of now that's the only FF where I'd actually care, cleared IV-VIII, along with X, XIII, and XIII-2, but I spoiled myself on X-2 and XII and REALLY couldn't give a damn for X-2, and spoiling myself on XI may arguably be doing me a service given I wouldn't want to put in the time investment necessary to see everything. Still, I got all the way to Disc 3 of IX and the airship so I figure I'm past much of the most likely stuff to get spoiled by this anyway, along with some degree of osmosis.

It spoils the ending and a some other major plot points.

Jawmuncher

Can't freaking wait, i've been hankering for some a music game on 3DS.
It being FF is just a bonus, since I already know the majority of song's im going to love.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
This makes me extremely depressed ( ._.)

Then you'll be surprised to hear that my cousin (9yrs old) just finished his first real jRPG and that's Final Fantasy XIII-2! He just said to me that his favorite Final Fantasy is... XIII-2! (dah!). It's cool seeing new entries in the series capable to attract new players and fans as much as VII did with me in '97. I just hope he sticks with the series for longer now, surely he is interested in seeing what's next and I'll support his curiosity!

/OT

I still have to wait 'till next friday to pick up my copy of Theatrhythm here in Europe :(

zroid

Banned
I still have to wait 'till next friday to pick up my copy of Theatrhythm here in Europe :(

Sad that I'm probably not going to get release day delivery. My card was charged today, meaning it will probably ship the following work day. Unfortunately I believe Monday is a holiday for Canadian postal workers, so it won't get shipped until Tuesday at the earliest, and so no Theatrhythm for me till Wednesday.

Maybe I'll drop by a store and pick up a copy on Tuesday. Will have to return the one I get in the mail, of course, but... it's probably worth it :)

Cheska

There's a quote from Uematsu-san on this game, saying that playing it and remembering the songs through all the years made him cry. I feel the same way, really.

There are plenty of times when listening to some of the OSTs make me really emotional. There's just something about Final Fantasy and it's music, it truly is a magical thing.

Demo was really fun, I was getting it anyway (just cause anything FF zomg! etc) but now I'm actually looking forward to playing the thing! :D

FFXI music ftw. Best the series has ever seen.

LordAlu

Want this sooo bad but I don't have a 3ds and am now waiting until August to get the XL. Ahhhh want it now!! ;_;
Me too. I've actually ordered it (UK here so I won't get it till release next week) and will be playing it on a friend's 3DS until the XL comes out and I can get my own! :D

llehuty

It's still enjoyable if you skip some of the FMV? (the ending ones at least). I still haven't finished FFIX, XII and XIII (I know, I know...)

Can you use chocobos and/or moogles on your team in the game? I thought I remembered seeing someone using a chocobo in a trailer.

WatTsu

All right. I think you guys have convinced me to get this. I have been lamenting the lack of a proper Elite Beat Agents followup in recent days (hence my initial interest) and the Rhythm Thief demo made me bored and angry. So this looks like a good choice, especially given the music in it.

I'd be trading in Mario Tennis Open toward it but I think I am OK with that.

Top Bottom