• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There was so much that could have been expanded on in Naruto Shippuden

Status
Not open for further replies.

WetWaffle

Looking back, there were a lot of interesting stories/lore that could have made for some awesome arcs.
1. Jashin
mqdefault.jpg

The moment Hidan appeared in the show, I wanted to see more. The idea of an apparently real deity who grants his followers immortality if they spill blood in his name. Why weren't there more of his followers seen throughout the ninja world? Or was it just present in Hidan's home village?
2. The Jinchuuriki
1805184-bigthumbnail.jpg

Before anyone says it, yes I know there was a Six tails arc, I mean ACTUAL plot, not filler. Almost half of the jinchuuriki's biggest moment before being used as
Obito's
pawns was being laid out by the Akatsuki.
3. The Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist
84666a40f11cf2d757b8d69a260fd7b8db338545_hq.jpg

Once Zabuza was established as being part of a group of badass swordsmen, I was so damn excited at the idea of having them get their own arc/sub arcs, with a now mature Naruto and team taking them on. The fact that the swords were actually pretty awesome as well as the character designs was painful. Another of the swordsmen Chojuro was pretty much robbed of any meaningful character development when he as established as Mei's puppy, following her everywhere, having strength if she said she believed in him. Him being a member of the new generation of swordsmen, him confronting Mongetsu, another member of the new generation, or just seeing any possible new members too fight the old members.
4. The Hidden Villages
e6c23fb2c7d30726f66e0028c5b7dc969a3f3311_hq.jpg

Looking at the anime, there were a lot of characters that convinced me that they should have shed some more spotlight on the other hidden villages. They were using famous ninja like Pakura and Gari with their unique techniques. Or Kurotsuchi, Akatsuchi and the other ninja of the Hidden Stone village. In the past, they were said to have a major conflict with the Leaf, that I want to see more off. Or maybe expand on that village that the mother of the protagonist is from.

Anyway, long message. What do you guys think? Was there too much wasted potential in Naruto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom