• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thinking about getting a new video card for Half-life 2, need some advice

Bobety

Right now im running on a p4 1.7ghz with 512 RAM, and i need a new video card which can get me through Half-life2, and some other recent games like Doom 3 and Deus Ex 2. i have about $300 Australian to spend (about $220 US) but the price isnt that important- i basically just need something that will work well with my current system without overkill. Problem is, i don't know shit about video cards so any advice would be much appreciated.

Bobety

Yeah i was thinking about a 9800pro but cany you give me any suggestions on what kind of 9800pro? I don't want something so powerful that my system cant keep up...

Bobety

Oni Link 666 said:
I have a slightly more powerful system than you and I'm using this Radeon http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=AA23290 I can run DOOM III on high settings with no problems at all (with the new Catalyst drivers) and it looks great.

That one looks pretty good to me, i can afford it too.

Does anyone know any good sites where i can get this card (and others like it) that ships internationally? I can't seem to find any...

Edit- nevermind, found a good one on ebay :D thanks for the reccomendations

Top Bottom