• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those awful right-wing Facebook pics your friends/family share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzom21

tumblr_n0hjq6l5Ge1ts7lqzo1_1280.png

Out of all the posts in this thread, THIS is the thing that infuriated me the most.

Someone posted this non-ironically on GAF. I need to find that thread.

Denzar

Man, as a non American it's really, really hard not to lose my shit here. Partly due to the gross stuff narrow minded people obnoxiously plaster on their FB wall and partly because it's so absurd that Poe's law is constantly playing tricks on my mind.

bengraven

AzBp5K2.png

So everyone complaining about the Confederate flag are the ones on government assistance? Not the ones who are actually FLYING it on their trailer?

Also, this girl is from fucking Minnesota. She has never left the state.

bengraven

Oh god, more of that shit.

Seriously, right wing, the left wing people protesting are usually rich trust fund kids and middle aged working people who actually represent the demographic.

The "welfare thieves" you are suggesting are protesting are in actuality probably home playing with their Obama phone and trying to fix their Obama care.

Don't underestimate the Northwestern Minnesota population of rednecks.

She spent 95% of her life in suburban St. Paul and in St. Cloud in an upper-middle class household! She married a god damn upper-middle class hispanic guy and they only listen to pop and hip-hop! She has no connection to redneck culture, country culture, or the South except that her dad hunts and is from a rural area and that her cousin lives in the South (ME!).

It's literally a "I'm right wing, so I need to be upset about this" situation.

I mean, if she was from Wisconsin I'd get it...

Audioboxer

Coming into this thread genuinely makes me feel depressed.

But then I read GAFers replies and feel like some humanity is restored <3

Cheech

Coming into this thread genuinely makes me feel depressed.

But then I read GAFers replies and feel like some humanity is restored <3

There has always been this kind of intellectual divide in society, it's just far more obvious thanks to the Internet.

Society isn't getting dumber, but the dumb sure did get a much bigger megaphone.

I only have one guy on Facebook who posts this kind of crap, but it is SUPER over the top racist. I haven't removed him yet because he's fairly new, and I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Edit: Ok, I had to go get a screen grab of one of the videos posted. I didn't want to use the link for click through for obvious reasons. This made me chuckle because of how over the top it is.

P9SauL7

Have a relative (sort of, the sister of my aunt) who posts this stuff but I guy I watch soccer with posts a lot of the "Conservative ___" posts -- not necessarily images, often videos and the like. Here are a few recent gems from him:

999831_328315770634941_290557025_n.jpg

One minute on snopes shows me Jeff Foxworthy never said any of that, which is usually the same case with most of the stuff that has been posted.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/humor/fence.asp

neshcom

Banned
What's hilarious is that no one has ever tried to make Confederate flags or guns illegal. They're so insecure they can't see that cultural tides shifting is neither censorship nor oppression.

RDreamer

What's hilarious is that no one has ever tried to make Confederate flags or guns illegal. They're so insecure they can't see that cultural tides shifting is neither censorship nor oppression.

Conservatives really really seem to have a problem understanding the first amendment.

This aunt in particular a few weeks ago shared a link to the story of the Oklahoma having to take the 10 commandments down from the courthouse and her take on it was "What about our first amendment!?"

It's really not that hard of a thing to grasp, but alas...

LaMagenta

Oh boy, I've been pondering this for awhile now. I have a friend who lives in the south. She's a dear friend and the only way we keep in contact is fb, as we are over 2000 miles apart. But I'm growing tired of the political shit she's posting. She claims she isn't racist. But she's real darn ignorant. I don't want to unfollow her. I like seeing her baby grow up and how she's doing. And I've never commented on any of her ignorant posts. All I can do is ignore it. I hope she wises up some day.

Corpekata

Banned
Just saw this bad boy.
edA8LyW.jpg

They're so bad at these image macros. Like, if you do the two separated lines thing typically the bottom line is like a joke or refutation of the top one. These just seem unrelated. They involve flags and that's about it.

It really seems common with a lot of these. They try to use meme images and ideas just totally misunderstand what made them a meme in the first place.

Ourobolus

Banned
They're so bad at these image macros. Like, if you do the two separated lines thing typically the bottom line is like a joke or refutation of the top one. These just seem unrelated. They involve flags and that's about it.
You'd think conservatives of all people would understand the difference between private and public property/actions, too.

kaskade

Almost forgot to post this one. I love/hate this thread. It's not even like any of the right wing stuff that I see shared really is even good. Like I could kind of understand if it had a point but it's all just garbage that makes no sense.

Bacon

Almost forgot to post this one. I love/hate this thread. It's not even like any of the right wing stuff that I see shared really is even good. Like I could kind of understand if it had a point but it's all just garbage that makes no sense.

Lol I don't understand why they used that picture

pgtl_10

Can just say as a non American I find your right wing party to hilariously funny as it seem that they lack logical thinking. I also find it funny how they seem to be very pro-life but yet also believe in gun right.

Though it must suck for the people who have to endure that crap.

They're not pro-life. They will gladly kill you in a war.

Vanpastel

Any Germans here? Are their groups in Germany that have this same argument with the Nazi flag? "It's celebrating our German cultural heritage, it's not racist!"
I don't know about Germany but there are people in my country (Spain) who say similar things when they defend keeping monuments, street names and such from Franco's regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom