• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three New Xbox Series X|S Consoles Coming Holiday 2024

reinking

Gold Member
You could buy a brand new XSX with 1tb expansion card for less.
I was going to say, they are the company that made the console with the plug-n-play storage upgrade. They have not been selling the current models and this is the answer? Speckled paint scheme and overpriced storage upgrade on a console that already has the easiest storage upgrade option available.

reinking

Gold Member
Aren't these limited editions only? That's probably why.

Come on, even you had this reaction..... 😜

Disappointed Chris Farley GIF

I refuse to buy anymore controllers till this comes out. M$ has released a lot of cool designs and quite a few have been blue ballers to me but I will faithfully hold the line.
Here here!!! 🥂 🍻

I feel the same way. Unless my controller breaks I don’t plan on buying a new one until this comes out. 💪🏻

Pimpbaa

The current base model series x controller is crap ...i have stick drift on mine and the d pad is so frickin loud

I’d take a clicky d-pad over the mushy stiffness of the d-pad on the dual sense controller on PS5. D-pad on that is damn near unusable for fighting games. But stick drift is indeed more of a problem on the series controllers. Happened with me with the controller that came with me on my series x. For some reason it had a very long warranty period, so I took advantage of that. Both Sony and MS need to stop using cheap potentiometers for their analog sticks

Alan Wake

The 2 TB collector edition seems designed by a galaxy brain that thinks it is PS5’s odd/ugly look that is boosting its sales and decided to take their safe yet admittedly clean design and make it weird…
They've designed quite a few nice looking special editions over the years so this was a disappointment for sure.

Alan Wake

The current base model series x controller is crap ...i have stick drift on mine and the d pad is so frickin loud
Yep, it's not good. I had never experienced drift on any Xbox controller in over 20 years, the Series X controller started drifting almost immediately.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

If the price wasn't $100 more, a 1TB upgrade in storage would be a great get considering the cost of upgraded storage.
Its a missed opportunity. Maybe they're just trying not to make a loss on whatever little they do sell. But keep something for those few who are after something. Who knows. Maybe MS don't know themselves. Yet another head scratcher from them tbh.

King Dazzar

Why is this thing so expensive?

PS5 Digital 1Tb - £389
XBX Digital 1Tb - £429
It all feels a bit of an ill thought out mess at the moment. The 2tb XSX is £549 in the UK, but has to be bought direct from the MS GB Store. Yet everything else is out of stock accessory wise. Its as though they want to stop selling everything except the console. So buy the console direct from the store, but then go elsewhere for any peripherals. It all comes across as confused.
AX4uXaL.jpeg

CherryFalls

Banned
what ever happened to their console wraps initiative? Seems like they made a blue and starfield one and then never did anything else with it.

Top Bottom