• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THURSDAYTON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubbe

Hollywood said:
aries1.jpg

aries2.jpg

aries4.jpg

aries3.jpg

aries5.jpg
lol

Ok my friend just got out of Episode III and told me that there wasnt anything nintendo related in any previews or anything...one theory down. :lol
Now im off to drink.

heavenly

Dan said:
Umm, you do know that TheForce.net has nothing to do with Lucas right? It's a Star Wars fansite, that used to be closely affiliated with TFN and hosted their forums for a while (I'm not totally clear on their current relationship). IGN's FilmForce section was started by some TFN guys from what I recall. Somehow I doubt there's anything to this.

Give it up people. Go to sleep, wake up in the morning and deal with the reality, whatever it may be.

I'm just playing along, man.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>ping rs.ign.com

Pinging rs.ign.com [216.35.123.119] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 216.35.123.119: bytes=32 time=84ms TTL=238
Reply from 216.35.123.119: bytes=32 time=107ms TTL=238
Reply from 216.35.123.119: bytes=32 time=85ms TTL=238
Reply from 216.35.123.119: bytes=32 time=82ms TTL=238

site doesn't work, but still does exist. isnt it just the slightest bit odd to you guys that IGN hasn't launched their next gen Nintendo site, yet they have for sony and xbox? They're waiting for tomorrow.... (today in 3 mins)

deadfish

JeffDowns said:

site doesn't work, but still does exist. isnt it just the slightest bit odd to you guys that IGN hasn't launched their next gen Nintendo site, yet they have for sony and xbox? They're waiting for tomorrow.... (today in 3 mins)

Rev isnt going to be launched for at least a year, why are they going to put it up? Theres no info for them to update.

or maybe uh... Revenge of the Sith.ign.com? You know, linking to theforce.net and all... Why the hell would they call it RS anyway? They waited until the very last minute to unveil DS.ign.com, because they thought it was going to be another Gameboy. Since it's still being refered to as the codename, theres no reason why they should have a site yet, really.

soul.less

Banned
JeffDowns said:

Or maybe they haven't launched it yet because Revolution isn't the final name as of now and there is next to nothing for them to post when it comes to info on games, etc.

B'z-chan

Banned
Both IGN and Gamespot havent put up any new site for Revolution. I thought to be strange as well. What do you guys know that you arent telling us? That Fake was pretty cool if anything in concept it was cool.

I still cant get over some of these strange cowinkydinks going on. But maybe thats cause i want something to be true and i'm reading into it all wrong.

ImNotLikeThem said:
or maybe uh... Revenge of the Sith.ign.com? You know, linking to theforce.net and all... Why the hell would they call it RS anyway? They waited until the very last minute to unveil DS.ign.com, because they thought it was going to be another Gameboy. Since it's still being refered to as the codename, theres no reason why they should have a site yet, really.

There's too much logic in that post. More number analyzing and pictures of On please!

ImNotLikeThem said:

I would agree if this was "just another gameboy" but this is a BIG thing. This is looked to by many (however illogical it could be) as nintendo's last shot, and if they don't get it right they're done for so to speak. This isn't just a handheld, this is nintendo's bread and butter. I'm sure they wouldn't want 360 and the PS3 to steal all that hype, with virtually no cache of revolution nintendo coverage to speak of, on one of the world's largest gaming destinations...

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
aperfectt00l said:
Ok my friend just got out of Episode III and told me that there wasnt anything nintendo related in any previews or anything...one theory down. :lol
Now im off to drink.
NO one was really supposed to believe that :(

AniHawk

God's Hand said:
This thread will go down in GA history as the biggest ownage ever.

Ownage of everyone speculating like idiots, which has grown from no one to fifty in the course of... well since whenever I posted here first. Nothing ever EVER happens on the last days of E3. Sega might've done something small one year on Friday, but that was it.

Anyway, that was pretty weak of the people at GameBunker. I actually know the forums a bit because the site I'm trying to revive has its weekly updates posted there in its own section.

LONG day coming up tomorrow...

I'll bet.

E3 is boring me... I want some Star Wars OT time
I also miss my ANIME and Manga bitchin

If this silly topic is the only hot thing going for E3 than the more reason to open OT

thanx :)

scola said:
NO one was really supposed to believe that :(
Haha i know hence the smiley ;)
...i really am going to drink though :D btw i hate being nineteen and relying on other people to buy me alcohol, so much waiting :(

I'm 99% sure this is all a load of crap but this thread has got me excited anyway. If nothing happens I applaud the ability to get a whole load of people fired up and talking more than any ad campaign could.

FightyF

Banned
Where did everyone get those spinning avatars?! I'm starting to get irritated by them. And I want my own. :p I hope THURSDAYTON fits.

methodman

Banned
You guys know that Drinky Crow said earlier if this was all a lie, he would ban himself. Guess he's going to get that banstick out soon. hehe

Cyan

Banned
If drinky starts a Fridayton thread after nothing happens tomorrow, I'll get really irritated. Why are people so damn gullible?

Yes, I realize that many of the people in here don't believe it, or are joking, but this insanity has spread to every Nintendo-related thread on the front page.

Yikes.

AniHawk

methodman said:
You guys know that Drinky Crow said earlier if this was all a lie, he would ban himself. Guess he's going to get that banstick out soon. hehe

Pfft. There's a lot of loopholes in that agreement.

Chrono

Banned
Warm Machine said:
I'm 99% sure this is all a load of crap but this thread has got me excited anyway. If nothing happens I applaud the ability to get a whole load of people fired up and talking more than any ad campaign could.

It would be cool if something did happen. The thing is though, nintendo dealt itself serious ownage at their conference. If they had something huge and ready to go, they would've showed it. I mean they had a lot of time after sony's conference to 'adjust' the info too.

if something does happen it'll probably be a game. Though even that is doubtful considering how awful nintendo's conference was and if they have it ready tomorrow then that means they could've had it ready at the conference.

This thread still rocks though!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
*sigh*

where's the fun in shooting fish in a barrel drinky? you're taking easy pickings...

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Cyan said:
If drinky starts a Fridayton thread after nothing happens tomorrow, I'll get really irritated. Why are people so damn gullible?

Yes, I realize that many of the people in here don't believe it, or are joking, but this insanity has spread to every Nintendo-related thread on the front page.

Yikes.

Next Fridayton feat. Ice Cube!

FightyF

Banned
Odnetnin said:
shut up retard.

*ROFL* I think Scrow has a point.

On a serious note, I've said it over and over again, Nintendo had the World's eyes on them, and IMO they dropped the ball. Then again, E3 is not over with yet. And if people do think that this E3 has been quite lackluster thus far, it's better timing to say something near the end.

It's really hard to compete with the unveilings of the 360 and PS3, which are both ambitious in their own ways. If you are coming out with a unique product that you don't necessarily want compared to those two, it's far better to wait a couple of days and then one Thursday *BAM*.

Soul4ger

What it comes down to: There's no reason to have a conference on Thursday. Why not just do everything on Tuesday? It's not like there wasn't enough hype. And it's not like they're suddenly going to have tech demos finished in two days, that they couldn't have done. It's a matter of common sense.

My hope: Metroid Dread is shown, eventually. It's killing me.

Merlin

Banned
God's Hand said:
This thread will go down in GA history as the biggest ownage ever.

Um yeah, because Drinky Crow invented the rumour. It's not like countless people were discussing it before this thread!

AniHawk

BuddyC said:
17 pages? Dear lord, you lot.

Most of it, for at least the first 400 posts (jeez) was everyone knowing that nothing was happening. By the time I left and returned, there were a lot more believers that something was going down tomorrow. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom