• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THURSDAYTON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chittagong

Gold Member
thursdayathon4pr.jpg

Merlin

Banned
themadcowtipper said:
Wake up to find this thread is still going, what is funny is that most of the replies are people joining in and saying OMG greatest OWnage thread ever. I really don't see it. Noone believes this, it is just people speculating.

I agree. Some people will just suck up.

Razoric

Banned
even if this was true nothing short of nintendo merging with MS or Sony would make up for this "megaton" hype

i mean what could it be?
revolution releases tomorrow?
zelda announced?
square making final fantasy?
controller revealed?
helmet (ala vb 2)?
blah blah blah

to announce a megaton is to destroy a megaton
thus is the way of the megaton

I'm a non-believer, that's for sure. There's just no evidence. Plus I haven't heard of any reporters getting invites to a second conference, or anything really.

God's Hand said:
I'm a non-believer, that's for sure. There's just no evidence. Plus I haven't heard of any reporters getting invites to a second conference, or anything really.

You don't think the Nintendogs date thing is weird?

human5892

Queen of Denmark
When I saw Star Wars last night, there was a brief pause in between two of the previews. NINTENDO REMOVED THEIR INFORMATIONS!

NINTENDO=IGN=STAR WARS=PLAYSTATION 3 INSIDE THE REVOLUTION

OMG I FUCKING VOMITTED EVERYWHERE

geogaddi

Banned
God's Hand said:

Clearly, you are an evidentialist; You think that things are ONLY true when theres evidence for them.

Things could be represented a certain way but you just don't know how to interpret them. For example, if you don't know that ¥¥ in some obscure underdeveloped tribe in the Amazon meant 487, that doesn't mean that 487 doesn't exist.

Let me ask you a question, give me evidence that numbers exist, aside from their symbolic representations.

I case my rest.

geogaddi said:
Clearly, you are an evidentialist; You think that things are ONLY true when theres evidence for them.

Things could be represented a certain way but you just don't know how to interpret them. For example, if you don't know that ¥¥ in some obscure underdeveloped tribe in the Amazon meant 487, that doesn't mean that 487 doesn't exist.

Let me ask you a question, give me evidence that numbers exist, aside from their symbolic representations.

I case my rest.
I like Boards of Canada as well.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
geogaddi said:

I case my rest.

:lol :lol :lol

The best thing about thursdayton is that it evolved from megaton.

Razoric

Banned
http://www.google.com/search?q=thursdayton

I did a search on thursdayton and here's what came up:

"No standard web pages containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - thursdayton - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

- Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
- Try different keywords.
- Try more general keywords."

Interesting. Nintendo does have something big it seems.

jgkspsx

Brief synopsis of thread:

3rdman strides down the road. He doesn't see Drinky, lying on the pavement, and trips over him.

3rdman: Jesus, I'm sorry, I didn't see you there. Are you OK?

Drinky: Believe.

3rdman: What happened, did you fall?

Drinky: No, I'm fine, please leave me alone. drinky crow am sad.

3rdman kneels beside him.

3rdman: You've been... Drinky.

Drinky: I haven't been drinky.

3rdman jumps up, suddenly annoyed.

3rdman: Why are you lying in the middle of the pavement? You could have broken my neck!

Kneels again.

3rdman: Look... what's wrong? Here, let me help you up.

He reaches forward. His hand is almost in contact-

Drinky (shouts): No! Don't touch me! drinky crow am sad!

3rdman backs off. Two more bystanders, monkeyrun and binary, approach.

monkeyrun: What's the matter with him? Has he fallen?

3rdman: No... he hasn't fallen.

binary: Is he hurt?

Drinky: No, please, all of you, leave me alone. thursdayton.

A crowd is gathering.

Speevy: He must be mad.

Drinky: I'm not mad. Just leave me alone. drinky crow am sink into hell.

3rdman: Why are you lying down? Why won't you tell me what's wrong?

Drinky: Look I can't tell you... ...it wouldn't be right.

DarienA, MrBob: - He must be mad. (a policeman on a motorcycle parks up.) - Oh look Officer! Officer!

- jinx - approaches. Kneels by Drinky.

- jinx -: Are you alright?

Drinky: I'm fine. Please, will you just let me lie here. believe!

- jinx -: I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Sir.

- jinx - tries to put hands on Lying Man.

Drinky: Don't touch me!

3rdman: Just tell me why you're lying here. Tell me!

Drinky: You don't want to know, please believe me.

3rdman: You don't think there's any point right? What, that we're all going to die? Is that it? Is that why you're lying here?

Drinky: No.

- jinx -: Tell us! Tell us, for Christ's sake!

Drinky: You want to know why I'm lying here? You really want to know? Yes, I'll tell you. I'll tell you why I'm lying here... ...but God forgive me... ...and God help us all... ...because you don't know what you ask of me.

3rdman (shouts) : Tell us!

We can only see his lips moving, as he whispers
something we can't hear. Thursdayton!!!

And all of GAF lies down with Drinky...

The end :D

(Apologies to Radiohead)

geogaddi

Banned
Thursday
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

For other uses of the word Thursday, see Thursday (disambiguation).

Thursday is the day of the week between Wednesday and Friday. The name Thursday comes from the Old English Þunresdæg, meaning the day of Þunor, commonly known in Modern English as Thor.

By some conventions (see ISO 8601), the Thursdays of a year determine the week numbering: week 1 is defined as the week that contains the first Thursday of the year, and so on.

Some have adopted an acronym for Thursday, similar to Friday's T.G.I.F., to say "So Happy It's Thursday," or S.H.I.T.

In the popular rhyme, "Thursday's Child has far to go".

In the United Kingdom, all general elections since 1935 have been held on a Thursday, and this has become a tradition, although not a requirement of the law – which only states that an election may be held on any day "except Saturdays, Sundays, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, bank holidays in any part of the United Kingdom and any day appointed for public thanksgiving and mourning". An explanation sometimes given for the choice of Thursday as polling day is that it was, in most towns, the traditional market day, although it has also been observed that the choice has practical advantages – with the outcome of the election being known by Friday, the new or continuing administration then has the weekend to organize itself in preparation for the "government shop opening for business" on Monday, the first day of the new week following the election.

In The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, the character Arthur Dent says "This must be Thursday. I could never get the hang of Thursdays". A few minutes later the planet Earth is destroyed.

In the Hindu religion, Thursday is guruvar or the Guru's day.

Quakers traditionally refer to Thursday as "Fifth Day" eschewing the "pagan" origin of the name "Thursday".

Link

pestul

geogaddi said:
In The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, the character Arthur Dent says "This must be Thursday. I could never get the hang of Thursdays". A few minutes later the planet Earth is destroyed.

Perfectly fitting. :lol

Razoric

Banned
Thursday is the 3rd day.

Monday, one day
Tuesday, two day
Wednesday, what huh?
Thursday, the third day.

3 means tri... triforce.

Next-Gen Zelda w/ online today.

pestul

midnightguy said:
prediction: MASSIVE dissappointment
If nothing happens it won't really be a disappointment.. if there's a press conference and something completely insignificant is announced.. that.. would be the heartbreaking killer blow I think this thread intends to produce.

jgkspsx

El_Victor said:
What is the name of that Radiohead song?
Just. It's really apropos -- "You do it to yourself, and that's what really hurts."

Here Thursdayton is a joke, but it's enflaming Nintendo message boards worldwide, and it's almost painful to see.

Almost :lol

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Haven't seen Drinky onboard to comment, today... or is he too busy lurking and laughing hysterically...

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
djtiesto said:
Haven't seen Drinky onboard to comment, today... or is he too busy lurking and laughing hysterically...
Why would he be laughing..did anyone read this thread...Noone believes anything is going to happen..Yes he started a big thread, but do you really think he gets is rocks of my telling people on the streets "look at the big threat at made on gaming board"....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom