• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour '14

Any others on 360 play this?

Just picked it up today and would like to join a club if possible.

I'm not the best. I love golf, I like to play for fun. I like to win, but nothing too serious.

I just started a PS3 TW14 country club with some guys from the Player one Podcast and The Fanboys forums. Opening it up to people here. Right now we are small with some people on the fence to buy the game. We are not pros. We aren't looking to be pros. If you absolutely dominate Tiger on lower settings you may find this club boring (and destroy our fun in the process).

Name: Golf Pals

Pass: Quote to see password

Settings: Easy for now, may go to moderate. Definitely won't be going full on simulation or anything - we did that last year to appease some members and the fun was sucked out of it for the vast majority of us. So you golf pros may be bored by our newbie shit - just fair warning.

Open to anyone here, any friends of friends of friends. There's a petition function to join also and generally I will be accepting them without reservation. I had it completely open to the public but it filled the entire 100 man club in about 12 hours so I've since booted everyone and will now be filling it up this way.

Come join us. It's fun. And as of the time of this post it's only $45 on amazon.

I ended up just taking the password off of this if anyone is looking for a ps3 club.

RoKKeR

Just bought this the other day and have been having a blast. The last Tiger Woods game I owned was '05, so it's great fun to see how far the franchise has come.

Definitely looking to join up with any other GAFers who might still play this. I'll join the 360 Country Club posted on the last page, hoping to find some activity there.

It bums me out how many great courses are locked behind a paywall. Not having Bethpage Black on the disc is a bummer.

RetroStu

Banned
Just bought this the other day and have been having a blast. The last Tiger Woods game I owned was '05, so it's great fun to see how far the franchise has come.

Definitely looking to join up with any other GAFers who might still play this. I'll join the 360 Country Club posted on the last page, hoping to find some activity there.

It bums me out how many great courses are locked behind a paywall. Not having Bethpage Black on the disc is a bummer.

This shit is totaly out of order imo and its only going to get worse as time goes by, we will get to the point where the games come with like 5 courses or something, its the reason why i don't get why so many people want FTP games as you would end up spending a lot moe than the £40 you do now.
Anyway i still think Tiger Woods 2004 is the best one yet and thats not nostalgia talking as i have it on a PS2 emulator and still play it today, the fact that the newer games don't have any of the fantasy courses like 'The Highlands', 'Wolfs Creek' and that one in the Amazon jungle etc, makes the game worse imo.

RoKKeR

This shit is totaly out of order imo and its only going to get worse as time goes by, we will get to the point where the games come with like 5 courses or something, its the reason why i don't get why so many people want FTP games as you would end up spending a lot moe than the £40 you do now.
Anyway i still think Tiger Woods 2004 is the best one yet and thats not nostalgia talking as i have it on a PS2 emulator and still play it today, the fact that the newer games don't have any of the fantasy courses like 'The Highlands', 'Wolfs Creek' and that one in the Amazon jungle etc, makes the game worse imo.

It's borderline unexcusable, that's for sure, but they at least didn't made some improvements over TW13. 20 base courses is a fairly solid amount, and unless you are playing all of the time you probably don't need more. And of course, TW14 does have fantasy courses including Highlands, but they're locked behind paywall.

RetroStu

Banned
It's borderline unexcusable, that's for sure, but they at least didn't made some improvements over TW13. 20 base courses is a fairly solid amount, and unless you are playing all of the time you probably don't need more. And of course, TW14 does have fantasy courses including Highlands, but they're locked behind paywall.

20 courses is actually really good, its the same number as '2004' which i believe had the most courses out of all of them. I also didn't realise that you could pay for the fantasy courses, i just thought they had taken them out completely to make the game more serious or something.
Maybe EA are mellowing in their old age lol, i still remember playing the 2011 or 2012 version where it was literaly impossible to max out your player without annoying microtransactions unless you wanted to spend 6 months on the game (literaly).
I have a feeling that the masses are going to revolt against all the microtransactions shite next gen and it will die a slow death, i hope so anyway.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Sorry for the bump, was looking for an OT but this is as close as it gets.

I recently bought 'The Masters - Historic Edition' for PS3 and the cover is different than the EU one on the previous page. Also the game includes 25 courses so am wondering if TW2014 is the 20 courses and Masters makes up the other 5. Not entirely sure if there are any fantasy courses since I haven't looked at the list, just been playing through the career.

This is the first TW I have bought since 07 on the 360 and am very happy with the changes to playstyle and options available to the player. I hated the 'spin in the air' feature forced in the past, felt like it was catering for kiddies. My FIR is up there at 85% after 25 rounds, GIR not so impressive at around 50% but it does feel good getting.g back to a golf game after 7 years.

Also, I think the game looks really good but I changed the resolution to 720p after I was getting weird frame hitches. Oh year and the disc loading feels quite long between holes.

hort22

anyone on here still playing this?

just got it and having some fun trying to unlock all the legends, but god damn the load times are brutal on the ps3.

hort22

yah this is tiding me over until i get a ps4 and the golf club...have you had it since they released it?

better after the 2 updates?

also wish they would announce a date for the new hot shots game.

love me some video game golf!

Top Bottom