• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinder (i.e., OkCupid meets Hot or Not)

Hellcrow

Changed picture to a douche one where I play beer pong. Liked every girl while travelling between 3 cities. 170 matches so far, and I have yet to bother with a single conversation. I'm addicted to matches.

Jokab

How do you steer a conversation that is decidedly non-flirty to the flirting territory? I've been talking to this girl for a few days now and we've only really talked about our interests/jobs/school. It would feel a bit random to just throw out a flirty line when the conversation isn't really going that way. Any tips?

Noema

So they are finally charging for unlimited likes. Of all the ways they could ever think to monetize their app, this is the shittiest they could device.

Pvr2uDU.png

Got like 840 matches. Seems like they keep changing the algorithm of the app. It seems to match you up with people who have used the app within a few minutes from when you log in/out. I rarely match with somebody that I have swiped a few hours/days ago. I feel like it's more of a timing thing. Also I've heard that tinder "negs" you with the people that never get swiped right if you keep spamming like.

I don't swipe right much but I've had a cue of 10-15 before in one session before I stoped getting instant matches. Most my matches are instant

overcast

This happened to me as well at some point.

I seem to remember de-authenticating tinder via facebook, then completely closing tinder on my phone. When I started it back up, it made me authenticate with facebook, and my recently added photos appeared.

Just as a side note: I have read that some people lost all their matches when doing this. I didn't, but it's something to keep in mind.
How do I de-authenticate?

Jokab

So I started using Tinder two months ago. Used it for a week, found and met a girl I really liked, went out with her for those two months until it ended. Now when I got back on Tinder, I had a lot of matches at first, as is to be expected since I hadn't been active for a good while, but now I'm just getting nothing, zilch. Is this an algorithm thing? I'm not the greatest looking but when I started out I would get at least a few matches per day. Is my best option just to delete my profile and start over? I'm not really having any conversations with my matches so I wouldn't be too upset with losing them.

KPJZKC

So I started using Tinder two months ago. Used it for a week, found and met a girl I really liked, went out with her for those two months until it ended. Now when I got back on Tinder, I had a lot of matches at first, as is to be expected since I hadn't been active for a good while, but now I'm just getting nothing, zilch. Is this an algorithm thing? I'm not the greatest looking but when I started out I would get at least a few matches per day. Is my best option just to delete my profile and start over? I'm not really having any conversations with my matches so I wouldn't be too upset with losing them.

I'm in a similar-ish boat. I'd have to guess that as 'likes' are now a limited resource, people are spending them only on hotter-than-average-likes people. Which won't work out too well for normals or uggos.

So I created a dummy fb account and 6tin for my windows phone. I log onto tinder and enter my phone number, and I get an error that says maximum tokens error.

what gives?

Roufianos

How do you steer a conversation that is decidedly non-flirty to the flirting territory? I've been talking to this girl for a few days now and we've only really talked about our interests/jobs/school. It would feel a bit random to just throw out a flirty line when the conversation isn't really going that way. Any tips?

I'm almost a year out replying to you but I've just got Tinder and am doing the exact same thing. One girl seemingly got so fed up of it that she asked me if we could meet!

I think it's better just to be forward from the start. It is a dating app after all and the person has judged you to be attractive.

Lakitu

st5fu
Why do I get matches then they don't even bother responding to me? I've had 7 or 8 in the past 2 months. And I start a conversation but none of them respond.

Why would you like someone then not even talk to them? Drunk swipe?

Top Bottom