• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinder is destroying men’s self-esteem (New York Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Banned
She's amazing, but this isn't black:

NE-headshot-2.jpg

Uhhhhh........how is that NOT black?

You've never seen an attractive man? Ever? Like you're just so totally hetero and manly you can't even fathom saying a man has attractive qualities?

Nope, I don't know what this current generation thinks being straight means, but I am sure as hell I have never being attracted to another man.

Now not being attracted to them and recognizing features that could make them attractive (to women) is another thing completely unrelated.

There's a difference between "I am attracted to women, not men" and "I am attracted to women, except the black ones"

Well I barely read the thread and he did said people.

harSon

Banned
Uh, I don't get it. 80% of her images on Google search have a light skin tone. Jesus.
I like black women and find then attractive, a lot actually. Just saying that I can't see a black women here.

And I'm just saying that you're ignorant as fuck.

Just like Scandanavians look pretty fucking different than Mediterranean whites, there's large diversity in what black people can look like. That's why its ignorant as fuck to say that you hate an entire race.

Squalor

Nope, I don't know what this current generation thinks being straight means, but I am sure as hell I have never being attracted to another man.

Now not being attracted to them and recognizing features that could make them attractive (to women) is another thing completely unrelated.
That's literally what he already said. You're being obstinate and contrarian for who know's why, but you are.

Llyranor

Uh, I don't get it? 80% of her images on Google search have a light skin tone. Jesus.
I like black women and find then attractive, a lot actually. Just saying that I can't see a black women here.

Chill buddy, we're not at war.
Are you saying black people don't all have the same tone?

Peterthumpa

And I'm just saying that you're ignorant as fuck.

Just like Scandanavians look pretty fucking different than Mediterranean whites, there's large diversity in what black people can look like. That's why its ignorant as fuck to say that you hate an entire race.

Are you saying black people don't all have the same tone?

Then maybe I'm ignorant, because I was specifically talking about skin color, not race. I'm sorry.
Also, never said that I hate black people, I'm in awe with this statement.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
That random Ethiopian girl is probably my idea of a perfect woman.
I've only dated white girls, not purposefully, but that's just what my situation has been like.
This is why it's stupid to say you don't like a certain skin colour, because that shit means nothing. People change their skin colour during the year. They get lighter/darker as seasons change. It's absurd.

Would you date a 50-posts-per-pager?

Hell nah

Mulligan!
What's the reference here?

Dabanton

I see. Keeping company and spending time with black people is meaningless.

I don't think it is but when you actually say you have black friends as if they are somehow different it's weird...it always feels like the person saying it is trying to prove their not 'racist'.

But it always creates the opposite effect.

That's literally what he already said. You're being obstinate and contrarian for who know's why, but you are.

No he said "You are totally Hetero", meaning that someone can be on degrees of being gay or whatever. Again there is a difference between being able to scan the competition and see how women could find them attractive to feel attracted to another man.

harSon

Banned
Than maybe I'm ignorant, because I was specifically talking about the color, not race. Sorry.
Also, never said that I hate black people, I'm in awe with this statement.

Never mind the fact that nobody truly has black skin, but black as a descriptor is related to ancestry. We wouldn't call a dark skinned person from India black would we?

Never mind the fact that nobody truly has black skin, but black as a descriptor is related to ancestry. We wouldn't call a dark skinned person from India black would we?

Nah fuck that, He says light skinned isn't Black. I want my white privilege, and I want it now. LOL

Kaizer

Banned
Uh, I don't get it? 80% of her images on Google search have a light skin tone. Jesus.

Chill buddy, we're not at war.

WOOOW You do know that black people come in all shades & colors right? I guess what you're trying to really refer to are dark-skinned/dark-brown black people.

Peterthumpa

WOOOW You do know that black people come in all shades & colors right? I guess what you're trying to really refer to are dark-skinned/dark-brown black people.

Exactly, poor choice of words, already tried to apologize but the damage is done it seems.

KingV

Nah fuck that, He says light skinned isn't Black. I want my white privilege, and I want it now. LOL

There's an unwritten white rule we have. All the privilege works on a sliding scale. That's why we never buy homes after a beach vacation or a trip to Burning Man.

zethren

Banned
People take Tinder too seriously. Don't treat it like something it's not. It's basically dating window shopping, and it's shallow by nature.

Also holy shit at the last page lol

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I'm light skin and best believe I am BLACK. But if we getting light skin privilege, I'm using my privilege to decree the paper bag test is shit and my fellow black people are all beautiful. ❤

Exactly, poor choice of words, already tried to apologize but the damage is done it seems.

That's why people are pointing out why it's silly to say you're not attracted to a race, when people come in all different shades, sizes, shapes, and facial features within that race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom