• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

Jasoco

Banned
Does anyone else actually get excited when the game advertises for something else and offers you free Bux if you view the page?

Yeah, I'll Like you on FaceBook for 3 Bux. I'll certainly watch a trailer for a movie for 5! Moar advertisements plz!
KuGsj.gif

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah, you can only stock one item at a time, and you can't change anyone's job while they're restocking a store. The 1.2 update just went up, adds renaming stores, an estate agent VIP and five new businesses, subtracts all your hopes and dreams of farming dream jobs. Oh, and you can tap the top of the screen to go to the top of your tower.

Jasoco

Banned
New update is out. Rename floors, new VIP, more businesses and other stuff. Though it also changed the Dream Job reward to 1 Bux instead of 3 because of farmers.

InertiaXr

How fast are you guys able to build new floors? I'm at 48 floors with 68/85 dream jobs and I keep stuff stocked up checking it about every hour and it probably takes around 20 hours to build up the coins for a new floor.

angelfly

Just checking in to say that I had quit playing. It was fun for the few days I spent addicted to it but after a while it just became a chore to play.

Neki

Jasoco said:
New update is out. Rename floors, new VIP, more businesses and other stuff. Though it also changed the Dream Job reward to 1 Bux instead of 3 because of farmers.
looks like I won't be updating until I get the 75 bux elevator.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Screw it, I'm going to update. I lose the 3 bitbucks for dream jobs, but tap to scroll to top is nice.

Neki

Eggo said:
I got the golden elevator (125 bux) a long time ago. :p
then I don't see the problem with upgrading sir. :p It does ruin me firing people to get their dream jobs though. :(

Hige

Harry Potter said:
Who's the new VIP?
Version 1.2 Update Notes:

- Rename your floors! You can now rename floors by tapping on the white box in each floor's menu screen.
- New VIP! The Real Estate Agent VIP will move a new bitizen into the apartment of your choosing.
- 5 new businesses to discover!
- Tap the top of the screen to auto scroll to the top of your tower.
- Attempted to fix issue where floors are stuck in construction.
- Fixed some sound issues.
- Game is now saved more often.
- Improved More Bux store connectivity.
- Game data now saved in un-encrypted device backups.
- Added warning to game reset.
- Changed dream job reward to 1 bux.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
But Dreambux farming is all I DO nowadays. I haven't touched my elevator in a long time. I guess I can see why they changed it.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
So after I update, I get a pop-up msg in game saying "Don't update until 1.2.1 due to some bug in the game." Little late for that...

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Eggo said:
So after I update, I get a pop-up msg in game saying "Don't update until 1.2.1 due to some bug in the game." Little late for that...
I almost wonder if that's supposed to be a joke.

Hige

Buttonbasher said:
So this means that when I get the August iPhone refresh I won't lose my tower correct?

I have been so worried.
If you've been using Game Center, there should be a backup already saved to the cloud. Keep in mind, even if you restore from an iTunes backup, it seems like you need to delete the app and reinstall so that the game will resume from the most recent cloud backup.

Eggo said:
It's nothing huge. Just that all your new bitizens will only dream of working for the new five businesses. If you don't move anyone in for a couple of days, you probably won't even notice.

laika09

dk_ said:
When did you guys upgrade your elevators?

I just added my 24th floor and got the 125 bux elevator, but I'm sure you could hold out longer. I don't want to worry about hoarding bux again.

laika09 said:
I just added my 24th floor and got the 125 bux elevator, but I'm sure you could hold out longer. I don't want to worry about hoarding bux again.
Hah, yeah, the hardest thing about getting the elevators is having 50 Bux sitting there and thinking "I could have 100,000 coins right now..."

I'm having some issues with Tiny Tower. Sometimes when I leave the game or just put my phone in sleep mode, the game doesn't continue like it should, and when I return to the game it is at the exactly the same point that I left it. On a couple of occasions the game has actually reverted to a previous point, like once built a new floor and left it restocking, and when I came back to it, the floor wasn't there anymore. Anyone had any similar issues?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
For all the talk I heard about this game being a trap to get you to buy bux, I'm kinda surprised at the rate I'm collecting free bux. I downloaded the game last night and I'm already at 61 bux toward my second elevator. Although I've been checking the game like crazy.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hige said:
Version 1.2 Update Notes:

- Rename your floors! You can now rename floors by tapping on the white box in each floor's menu screen.
- New VIP! The Real Estate Agent VIP will move a new bitizen into the apartment of your choosing.
- 5 new businesses to discover!
- Tap the top of the screen to auto scroll to the top of your tower.
- Attempted to fix issue where floors are stuck in construction.
- Fixed some sound issues.
- Game is now saved more often.
- Improved More Bux store connectivity.
- Game data now saved in un-encrypted device backups.
- Added warning to game reset.
- Changed dream job reward to 1 bux.

Welp im not updating

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Found another bug with the new update... I had all the service stores except for the Private Eye prior to the update. Post-patch, the game let me build two service floors. First floor was a Recycling. Second floor was a Recycling... :( So now you can have multiples of the same floor, and it doesn't display the error msg that no more floors are available for my level any more.

I need just...a little bit of strategy.

I've hit 40 floors and I think I'm done with Tiny Tower. Nimblebit had me hooked for a bit though and I normally despise games of this type.

I was hoping this update would bring a chance to change things up regarding decisions that affected how your tower earns coin, etc...

If they make it a bit deeper, no doubt, I'll be back.

I don't really see how bux "farming" even works. I mean, I seem to be having a less than 33% success ratio of landing a bitizen with a dream job when I bring one in, and this is with about 30 stores or so. At best it's a break-even proposition. Changing dream jobs to 1 buck makes it not worth doing, which gives me even less to do while I wait to buy a store or have it finish construction...

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
New update:
- Fixed bugs introduced in 1.2
- Increased chance for riders to tip bux
- Added sorting to bitizen list
- Added ability use numbers in floor names

DBebm5 said:
I don't really see how bux "farming" even works. I mean, I seem to be having a less than 33% success ratio of landing a bitizen with a dream job when I bring one in, and this is with about 30 stores or so. At best it's a break-even proposition. Changing dream jobs to 1 buck makes it not worth doing, which gives me even less to do while I wait to buy a store or have it finish construction...
If you have sufficient residence floors, you could have all your stores fully manned and leave one open slot on each residential floor and farm for dream jobbers via normal elevator action. I'm too lazy to reorganize my employee/residents, though.

Question:

I've been playing TT on my iPhone 3GS since the game came out.

I just bought an iPad 2 the other day.

If I try to play the game on my iPad (assuming I'm signed in to Game Center), would it take the most recent server save, force me to start a new game, or something else entirely?

senador

Banned
I just started this game the other day. Its so addicting heh. I have 18 Bitizens and 12 floors. I upgraded to the bad upgrade, then the good upgrade today. I am experiencing some slow downs. I just restarted my phone and killed all apps. I'm on iPhone 4. Any one else experiencing this?

Other than that, its a fantastic game.

Mike Works said:
Question:

I've been playing TT on my iPhone 3GS since the game came out.

I just bought an iPad 2 the other day.

If I try to play the game on my iPad (assuming I'm signed in to Game Center), would it take the most recent server save, force me to start a new game, or something else entirely?

I am going to guess you'll be starting a new game. Game Center only tracks your achievements and friends not game saves. The game doesn't have a sign on/save feature, so I'm pretty sure it runs fully on your phone including the saves.

Highlight so far: Getting a big spender VIP to buy out all of my 3-coin stock in the Film Studio. Gave me 50,000 coins in one shot--BOOM!

Lowlight so far: Getting click-happy and not realizing I was quick selling something instead of restocking something. Used up 45 Tower Bux in one shot--BOOM!

atre324

toythatkills said:
Hah, yeah, the hardest thing about getting the elevators is having 50 Bux sitting there and thinking "I could have 100,000 coins right now..."

I used to do that too, but now I think I'm going to save up Bux until I have 8-10 of each floor, and train myself never to exchange them for cash, and then finally update the game. I really don't want to go through the pain of trying to get everyone in their dream job only getting a 1 buck bonus, although I'm not opposed to it once I get a small cache of bux in case I have a run of bad luck with new bitizens.

And honestly the ability to sort bitizens is more exciting to me than 5 new businesses, lol

HildyB

ooo Bitizen sorting, can't wait to get that update. I hate scrolling looking for my unemployed to evict then scroll back from top every time.

Chopper

65 floors, 115 bitizens, all in their dream jobs.

I cannot see myself updating until I have one of each floor. Or until you can trade bitizens. Whichever happens first.

Top Bottom