• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

Hige

FerranMG said:
Can anyone detail how does the bitizen sorting work?
There's 7 tabs at the top of the bitizen menu. The first tab sorts everyone from sad to happy so unemployed bitizens are at the top of the list. Second tab sorts by job type, so Food, Service, Recreation etc., but it doesn't organize jobs within that category. The remaining tabs sort by stats in descending order. So for example if you click the purple tab it will show the bitizens with 9 in retail at the top of the list.

Jasoco

Banned
Ultimoo said:
I just need a little more to upgrade my elevator, then I promise I'll update, promise!
Depending on how you play, you might actually make more money faster after the update.

Neki

Jasoco said:
Depending on how you play, you might actually make more money faster after the update.
eh, dream jobs for 3 bux seems too awesome to give up. I do have 25 stores though, restocking bonuses might be good?

Tobor

Mike Works said:
I'm on floor 60 and I'm still not close to doing that update- 3 tower bucks per dream job is too good to give up.
The benefits of the update far outweigh it. Besides, you still get the real benefit of the dream jobs, the 2x stocking.

You can grind enough buxs out of the elevator now to compensate.

Tobor said:
The benefits of the update far outweigh it. Besides, you still get the real benefit of the dream jobs, the 2x stocking.

You can grind enough buxs out of the elevator now to compensate.

But using the elevator is a chore, when you have 50+ floors. I got my 60th floor and I don't use the elevator anymore, it's really too slow.

Tobor

brotkasten said:
But using the elevator is a chore, when you have 50+ floors. I got my 60th floor and I don't use the elevator anymore, it's really too slow.
It can't be any faster, it would be impossible to line up the floor. It's fast enough for me, especially now.

Madrical

Banned
Still addicted after a week or so. Never use the elevator, just patience instead. Got 37 floors & 70 bitizens.

The new update which stops the popup everytime you restock is damn awesome. :)

Meier

I feel like I haven't had a VIP in a week or more. I don't get it.

At a bare minimum it has definitely been at least 4 days.

Tobor said:
It can't be any faster, it would be impossible to line up the floor. It's fast enough for me, especially now.
I still think they should include the Robotic Elevator (300 bux) but it is faster than gold and is automatic - just have to click the red arrow once.

Darknessbear said:
I still think they should include the Robotic Elevator (300 bux) but it is faster than gold and is automatic - just have to click the red arrow once.
Yeah, or have you tap the floor they ask. It'd make me use the elevator again.

Ranger X

This game is cool but I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. It takes FOREVER to make money. I have 5 floors, I need 5700 coins for another floor but this will take AGES to reach. I have 2 appartments and 2 shops, couple of unemployed bitizens. What gives?

Meier

Ranger X said:
This game is cool but I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. It takes FOREVER to make money. I have 5 floors, I need 5700 coins for another floor but this will take AGES to reach. I have 2 appartments and 2 shops, couple of unemployed bitizens. What gives?
It takes awhile to make money early on. Don't blow too many bux on the $1,000 conversion..early mistake of mine.

Dry_Bones

Is anybody else saving bux for the possiblity of a better elevator in 1.3 update ??

Trading 50 bux for 100,000 isn't worth when I make that kind of money in one day ..

Is this really a "game"? Or a grand experiment in psychological control? I'm thinking about adjusting my sleep patterns so that I don't lose all those hours at night when I could be restocking. This can't be healthy.

Nori Chan

So after the new update, if one of your Bitizens have a birthday on the day you play, you get 1 tower bux.

I think that's pretty neat.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay I have a big problem.

I had to swap out my iPad 2 today. I did a backup of the original, synced it to the new one. My pictures appear to have synced fine. Tiny Tower save? GONE.

What do I do?

Edit: PHEW. I just got signed out of Game Center, when I signed in the save restored no problem. I could kiss whoever posts next in this thread I'm so happy.

Dry_Bones said:
Is anybody else saving bux for the possiblity of a better elevator in 1.3 update ??

Trading 50 bux for 100,000 isn't worth when I make that kind of money in one day ..
I'm not actively saving, but I'm not spending bux for coins either. I make more than 300k coins per day, but you really need that money, when a floor costs more than 600k to build. Damn.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I guess the renaming stores thing is still a little janky. I renamed my night club The Hacienda, and it notifies me by push messages that The night club needs restocking half the time, and The Hacienda needs restocking the other half.

Hige

Dry_Bones said:

A new elevator is likely on the way. I have 400+ bux saved up right now and I mostly use them for construction or restocking shops now. I estimate I make ~45k/hr (including downtime when asleep), so trading bux for coins doesn't feel worthwhile lately. I only use it for restocking shops when I have a big spender ready to send over to my Private Eye since the coin:bux ratio is at least 5k, much better than the conversion rate.

The build time and prices for new floors are getting ridiculous. 633,750 coins and 1D, 7H for the 65h floor. You really have to spend bux to see any progress, or you'll just restock the tower the entire day.

brotkasten said:
The build time and prices for new floors are getting ridiculous. 633,750 coins and 1D, 7H for the 65h floor. You really have to spend bux to see any progress, or you'll just restock the tower the entire day.
I haven't found it to slow down much, in spite of this. The floors cost more money to build but the amount of money I'm making has gone up at almost exactly the same rate, and I can afford about one floor a day which I have been able to for about the last forty floors.

That means I'm opening one floor a day and that doesn't change even when it takes two days to build, all it means is that I'm opening the floor I made two days ago instead of the one I made yesterday.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
toythatkills said:
I haven't found it to slow down much, in spite of this. The floors cost more money to build but the amount of money I'm making has gone up at almost exactly the same rate, and I can afford about one floor a day which I have been able to for about the last forty floors.

That means I'm opening one floor a day and that doesn't change even when it takes two days to build, all it means is that I'm opening the floor I made two days ago instead of the one I made yesterday.
Not every floor your open brings money (apartments). I currently get 700-725 sales per minute and I really have to babysit the game to keep it that high and get the 600k I need. The next 3 floors are going to be apartments, or I'll run out of bitizens for the next stores.

e: And it doesn't help when the new stores you open are turds, like the Frozen Yogurt store I got on my 63th floor.

brotkasten said:
Not every floor your open brings money (apartments). I currently get 700-725 sales per minute and I really have to babysit the game to keep it that high and get the 600k I need. The next 3 floors are going to be apartments, or I'll run out of bitizens for the next stores.

e: And it doesn't help when the new stores you open are turds, like the Frozen Yogurt store I got on my 63th floor.
I restock my shops every hour or so, and make about 600k a day with 61 floors.

InertiaXr

brotkasten said:
The next 3 floors are going to be apartments, or I'll run out of bitizens for the next stores.

Wait, what? Why would you build 3 straight apartment floors? You either have 5 full businesses with nobody in them right now or you will end up with 15 citizens with no jobs sitting around uping the cost of each floor until you build the 5 businesses needed to employ all of them.

InertiaXr said:
Wait, what? Why would you build 3 straight apartment floors? You either have 5 full businesses with nobody in them right now or you will end up with 15 citizens with no jobs sitting around uping the cost of each floor until you build the 5 businesses needed to employ all of them.
Actually, I only need two apartments, before I can build the next store. That's my fault, because I never had enough apartments in the first place and when I finished two apartments yesterday, I finally filled all my stores and farmed dream jobbers like crazy. Now I have a Froyo Store with one employee and the creative floor, that is currently under construction, won't have any. That's some wonderful mismanagement, isn't it? :lol

People quit this game like they quit a bad relationship. That time has arrived for me. Got to 50 floors last night. Woke up angry at all the !'s. Promptly deleted it.

I'M FREE

*unsubscribes from thread*
*goes outside, blinks in the unfamiliar sun*

DBebm5 said:
People quit this game like they quit a bad relationship. That time has arrived for me. Got to 50 floors last night. Woke up angry at all the !'s. Promptly deleted it.

I'M FREE

*unsubscribes from thread*
*goes outside, blinks in the unfamiliar sun*
I was at 10 floors and my wife asked me why my phone kept buzzing. That's when I deleted the game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm at 67 floors or something around there and I don't see myself quitting this game any time soon. I don't check into my tower as often as before, maybe once every hour or so. The latest update killed my buck farming obsession but it's no biggy since 100k for every 50 bux is weak at this point. Doesnt feel like the game is owning me anymore but it's still fun to check in to restock, etc.

Anslon said:
I was at 10 floors and my wife asked me why my phone kept buzzing. That's when I deleted the game.

I was at 10 floors and my wife asked me why my phone kept buzzing. That's when I went to setting and turned off the notifications.

I'm still in there, with 62 floors. I changed the tactics. I realized that, after using sets of 8 floors (3 residential an 1 of each shop type), when i make a shop, the demand goes down only from 100% to 97%. So now i'm making 3 residential and then 5 shops of the color that match the new bitizens.

Tobor

Organized all my towers today. Food Court at the bottom, then each color in turn. Apartments at the top. Should make things easier.

Jasoco

Banned
Yay! Using Lion's new WebApp Automator action I created a little application container for my Google Docs spreadsheet...

HwTSF.png

I set it to act as an iPhone to make sure it loads the lighter more compact Mobile version of the site. Now I don't need to keep the spreadsheet open in Chrome.

I use it to keep track of my Bitizens locations when the game asks me to find one. Since updating the game seems to randomly swap a Bitizen between being at work and being at home, I keep both columns filled as I go along.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Private Eye unlocked for me at floor 56, after forcing it by building one of every service floor other than the Private Eye.

Eggo said:
Private Eye unlocked for me at floor 56, after forcing it by building one of every service floor other than the Private Eye.
I'm still waiting for the private eye and mapple store, but fuck it. I got the recording studio, martial arts and software studio in a row.

atre324

toythatkills said:
I restock my shops every hour or so, and make about 600k a day with 61 floors.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, just over 60 floors and as long as I restock a few times a day I generally get enough money to build a floor a day at least. It helps that I have so many people in dream jobs so the game runs longer while I'm sleeping though.

A few things I'd like to see them add, in addition to a faster elevator (or one that snaps to floors better):

-The ability to upgrade the lobby and "store" 1 VIP or Bitizen for later use
-A doorman that sits in the lobby and gives helpful hints or tutorials for new players
-Bitizens delivered via the elevator to a production floor should automatically buy 1 of whatever the most expensive item you have in stock
-Simple animations for bitizens in each job, even if it's something as simple as standing behind a cash register or cleaning the equipment in a store occasionally

Chopper

Those would be nice additions. The only other feature that would make this game "perfect" to me would be the ability to trade bitizens. It would be a nice compromise for the loss of bucks when allocating dream jobs.

Zomo

Does anyone else make the bitizens wear the same colour shirt as the colour of their place of employment?

Top Bottom