• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

zethren

Banned
Just had a big spender VIP visit my Car Dealership.

He bought 10,500 Convertibles.

While I appreciate the business, Mr. Big Spender VIP, I can't help but wonder what you are going to do with 10,500 Convertibles...?

zethren said:
While I appreciate the business, Mr. Big Spender VIP, I can't help but wonder what you are going to do with 10,500 Convertibles...?
Especially on the 50th floor of your tower, or wherever he was. Maybe he was shopping for Oprah.

I'll probably hold off updating until I get a Private Eye. Having extra businesses reduces the chance of getting one ever so slightly, and it's costing me half a million coins to get the next floor so it'd be a while before I try again!

Meier

sykoex said:
New update:
- Fixed bugs introduced in 1.2
- Increased chance for riders to tip bux
- Added sorting to bitizen list
- Added ability use numbers in floor names
That's nice. I wish they would increase the chance for people to move in as you progress too. Add some sort of algorithm that if it's a visitor, they're more likely to go to a floor without a full household. As it stands, people have to blow bux to fill up unless they're insanely patient.

Jasoco

Banned
Harry Potter said:
Thanks. Now I just need a sky burger so I can rename it Butt Fuckers.
Don't forget the colon. "BUTT:FUCKERS".

Neuromancer said:
Seriously, WTF
Wario64 said:
Welp im not updating
Get over it and update. I read the entire SomethingAwful thread. They removed it because people were abusing the hell out of it. Instead you now receive Bux more often from elevator riders.

They removed the confirmation when choosing to stock an item. So tapping through your morning routine of two dozen stores to restock takes a LOT LESS TIME NOW!

Whooo!

And you get bux for updating to the new 1.2.1 version as an apology for 1.2.

Plaguefox said:
Well, because of toythatkills and his convincing argument against my character, I swallowed my opinion and kept right on playing Tiny Tower.

But now something terrible has happened! Inexplicably, several of my shops have decided that restocking is going to take a very, very long time.

http://i.min.us/je5CUW.PNG[IMG][/URL]

I figure it's a bug that I should contact the dev about, but I was amused at how I could spend just a hair shy of $11,000 real money per shop to fix it myself.[/QUOTE]
Holy shit, haha

Meier

Mike Works said:
Question:

I've been playing TT on my iPhone 3GS since the game came out.

I just bought an iPad 2 the other day.

If I try to play the game on my iPad (assuming I'm signed in to Game Center), would it take the most recent server save, force me to start a new game, or something else entirely?
If you start a new game on your iPad or iPhone and have played on one of the devices previously, it will prompt you to load it. It keeps whichever is further along on their server.

Jasoco

Banned
dream said:
What happened to my fully stocked bonus?
You still get them. It just doesn't tell you when it happens. At least not when you just get coins.

Less unnecessary modal dialogs is better than more unnecessary modal dialogs. Less tapping is better than more tapping.

Also, I just got my first new VIP. Gotta love it.

zethren said:
Just had a big spender VIP visit my Car Dealership.

He bought 10,500 Convertibles.

VIP gotta VIP.

Jasoco

Banned
Okay, now that we can tap to scroll to the top. WHY CAN'T WE SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM THE SAME WAY? Towers work both ways you know!

Jasoco said:
Okay, now that we can tap to scroll to the top. WHY CAN'T WE SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM THE SAME WAY? Towers work both ways you know!
Just tap the icon for the person waiting for the lift, there's pretty much always someone there

Meier

Jasoco said:
Yeah, this applies especially to me since I have my housing at the top (more realistic than having it at the bottom).

Got all my businesses renamed now.. a fun change. :) Also noticed that expenditures now show up in red.

Datrio

So... Am I the first one to notice, that you can move the built in iPhone's clock to also move the time in-game - to make restocking/building faster? Because I'm abusing the hell out of it, and I don't see anyone else doing the same.

Chopper

Datrio said:
So... Am I the first one to notice, that you can move the built in iPhone's clock to also move the time in-game - to make restocking/building faster? Because I'm abusing the hell out of it, and I don't see anyone else doing the same.
I read that on some other forums and ignored it, assuming it would take 100% of the fun and sense of achievement out of the game. I'm surprised NimbleBit haven't fixed that in 1.2.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jasoco said:
Don't forget the colon. "BUTT:FUCKERS".

Get over it and update. I read the entire SomethingAwful thread. They removed it because people were abusing the hell out of it. Instead you now receive Bux more often from elevator riders.

They removed the confirmation when choosing to stock an item. So tapping through your morning routine of two dozen stores to restock takes a LOT LESS TIME NOW!

Whooo!

And you get bux for updating to the new 1.2.1 version as an apology for 1.2.
Ah okay. I'll update.

Chanser

Datrio said:

If you do that, I had no people buying stock, just completely empty.

Jasoco

Banned
Datrio said:
You're the millionth person to figure that out. It also fucks things up big time and causes a lot of problems.

Chopper

According to toythatkills, anyone farming for bucks has been cheating too. :p

Wario64 said:
Ah okay. I'll update

My sarcasm detector is failing. Are the new additions really enough to convince you to ditch farming?

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
The one tap restocking is nice, as is the tap to scroll to top. Tap the arrow to scroll down (when someone is waiting for the elevator). You have a lot more control over movement now, and the game plays faster. Wonder if they fixed the bug where you can have more than one floor in the tower of the same store.

Chopper

toythatkills said:
I stand by this.
To be fair to you, clearly it is not the way the developer wanted me to play the game, according to the 1.2 update. However, it is how I find maximum enjoyment from the game. Working the elevator is just not much fun, and even the best elevator is not good enough at 66 levels. Finding dream jobs is the name of my game, and without farming, the rate at which you aquire them is poor. I can sleep easy at night knowing that I have supported NimbleBit plenty in the past.

Ledsen

Chopper said:
65 floors, 115 bitizens, all in their dream jobs.

I cannot see myself updating until I have one of each floor. Or until you can trade bitizens. Whichever happens first.
What. Is this even possible? Did you spend a months salary on bux? Damn. I have 32 floors and something like 11/55 dream jobs, and I've been playing quite a lot.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ledsen said:
What. Is this even possible? Did you spend a months salary on bux? Damn. I have 32 floors and something like 11/55 dream jobs, and I've been playing quite a lot.
It was really easy to do when dreams gave you 3 bucks. You would be earning bucks while moving and evicting your Bitizens. Now that dreams only give you 1 buck, it's a little harder to do unless you have a lot of bucks

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Chopper said:
According to toythatkills, anyone farming for bucks has been cheating too. :p

My sarcasm detector is failing. Are the new additions really enough to convince you to ditch farming?
I'll play it the way the creators intended it to be played

Chopper

Ledsen said:
Don't update, and do what Wario says. It's more fun than elevator shenanigans.
Wario 64 said:
I'll play it the way the creators intended it to be played
My heart agrees with you. My big selfish head just wants to ruin bitizens' days until I can swim in Bux like Scrooge McDuck. Trading bitizens will be the feature that perfects the formula.

Hige

Buttonbasher said:
What about if I'm on an iPhone 3G which doesn't get Gamecenter?
Good point. I'd suggest looking into something like iPhone Explorer so you can make a copy of the save file manually in case the backup doesn't restore properly.

Mike Works said:
Question:

I've been playing TT on my iPhone 3GS since the game came out.

I just bought an iPad 2 the other day.

If I try to play the game on my iPad (assuming I'm signed in to Game Center), would it take the most recent server save, force me to start a new game, or something else entirely?
It will ask you if you want to start a new game or load your server save file. The prompt only appears once, so if you decide you want to make a different decision you have to delete the app and reinstall to get the prompt again. Prior to the 1.2 update recently, the game only saved to the server every 4 hours (supposedly), so the iPad save might be lagging behind your current game. Not sure how frequently it saves now.

senador said:
I am going to guess you'll be starting a new game. Game Center only tracks your achievements and friends not game saves. The game doesn't have a sign on/save feature, so I'm pretty sure it runs fully on your phone including the saves.
Tiny Tower does save your progress to a server. It's not a Game Center feature per se, but it uses your GC name to sync your progress.

sykoex said:
New update:
- Fixed bugs introduced in 1.2
- Increased chance for riders to tip bux
- Added sorting to bitizen list
- Added ability use numbers in floor names
Hm, I don't use the elevator as often as I used to since it takes forever. :( The 1.2.1 update is kind of tempting now with less confirmation windows. Plus, the BBQ and Auto shops are God tier in their categories.

Hige

Ledsen said:
Just depends how long you've been playing. I've been playing since the first or second day the game came out and I'm at 82 floors (no IAP).

Tobor

The upgrade is soooooo worth it. Tabs on the bitizens page! Proper sorting! And that single tap restock! I'd trade three dream job buxs for this awesomeness any day!

zethren

Banned
Chopper said:
Has anyone had a chance to test out the increased rate in tips? Is it noticable?

I believe I started playing after the update that increased the tip chance so I cannot actually say that I can personally compare it to what it used to be, but I do know that I get tipped A LOT.

Jasoco

Banned
Hige said:
Good point. I'd suggest looking into something like iPhone Explorer so you can make a copy of the save file manually in case the backup doesn't restore properly.
As of 1.1, the game did not save any data in the sandbox. It was all saved in the Keychain. Last I checked with that app, there was nothing to copy over.

Meier

Chopper said:
Has anyone had a chance to test out the increased rate in tips? Is it noticable?
Could just be unlucky but I have not noticed it personally and seem to notice fewer bux for full stocking.

Tobor

Meier said:
Could just be unlucky but I have not noticed it personally and seem to notice fewer bux for full stocking.
Seems more frequent to me so far. Hard to quantify, though.

Hige

Damn it, I updated my game and the real estate VIP shows up even with full apartments. Nooooooo.

Restocking shops is super fast though, I like!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
ZHS9FND

These guys are drug dealers. Im still wondering if I should go legit or stay street...

Hige

I just hit continue for the free bux and skipped the update when I saw that message. I ended up updating a few hours ago anyway. The quick restocking was too good to pass up, but muscle memory makes me want to keep tapping the screen multiple times.

Jasoco

Banned
Hige said:
Damn it, I updated my game and the real estate VIP shows up even with full apartments. Nooooooo.

Restocking shops is super fast though, I like!
Eh. The construction worker shows up when there's no construction and the delivery man shows up when nothing needs to be stocked. What are you going to do? Evict someone if you really want to take advantage of them. Build a floor if you have money. Stock something big. Or just let them go to some random floor to make room for the next person. No big deal.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
It'd be cool if they made it so VIPs still paid you for elevator rides, that way you could just take them to the highest floor if you got one you didn't need and get some money from them at least. Or maybe even have them give you bux.

Hige

Jasoco said:
Eh. The construction worker shows up when there's no construction and the delivery man shows up when nothing needs to be stocked. What are you going to do? Evict someone if you really want to take advantage of them. Build a floor if you have money. Stock something big. Or just let them go to some random floor to make room for the next person. No big deal.
I can use the construction/delivery VIPs effectively almost 100% of the time in my tower. The real estate VIP does nothing for me right now since I have full apartments and no one I want to evict. So if that VIP pops up, it's pretty useless relative to any other VIP.

Top Bottom