• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I have the pub with it's 1m restock on the first floor. I'd recommend doing the same if you have it (or the mexican food I guess, but I don't have that), as when you're running through the stores doing a restock you can easily hit that one first and by the time you've finished scanning through it's usually done and you can start the next one off. Makes it a little easier to deal with.

Building a service floor now as my 74th floor, hoping for a Private Eye still. Last few floors I've had have actually been pretty good though, I got the Tutorial Centre (with epic restocks), Museum, Game Studio and Comic Store. Pretty glad, as if I'd had a run of boring/low stock stores then I could have seen myself getting a little tired of it all. Although I suppose this means that I've got some dull ones coming. Just been alternating through the different types to keep the demand high. I turned off notifications around 25 floors ago, and the game is so much better now. Just check in every so often and top up what needs doing.

Jasoco

Banned
I have a Private Eye. It's awesome. Especially when it only has the high end item stocked fully and I get a Big Spender VIP.

Jasoco

Banned
Son of a bitch. I just built a new floor and was choosing what to build and I accidentally hit Apartments. But I ALREADY HAD ONE BUILDING with 4 hours left. I meant to hit something else but I twitched and double-tapped. Fuck! So I hurried the first apartments and deleted it and rebuilt it with what I was going to build before. (Since I can't just stop building and start again without paying off the first build which is stupid.) It was a Devonshire apartments. Will I still get them again later? Please tell me and assure me that I will get them again later. If I don't build every single floor because I made one stupid mistake tap I will be so furious because I can't just revert to an older save.

Now I have two floors with 1 day and 7 hours left. Fucking bloody hell. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. FUCK.

Bottom line, I'm only concerned that I won't get to build that apartment again. As long as it still appears in the pool and I will get it back later, I don't care that I now have two floors with an identical 32 hour wait left.

Edit: After thinking about it, I assume I will get it back eventually. I've only ever deleted a floor once or twice and I've read people who have gotten the same thing twice so it'll probably be back. I feel better. Still... 32 hours... And I'm only up to floor 65. *sigh*

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Lol, calm down, man. You'll get it back. I delete floors if I get a store I don't want all the time. I usually have a couple floors under construction to take advantage of the VIP.

Jasoco

Banned
I wish I could have more than one building at a time more often than I do. This is only the first time I've had two floors building at once where one of them wasn't just down to a few hours left.

I wish I had more Bux so I could buy them out now. It's an apartment and a food floor (I know. But it's the last of the 5 I haven't built this cycle) so I hope I get my Sky Burger this time. If it has to be a food floor, I just want my Sky Burger!!!

I heard there was a limit though to how many times you can delete a floor before something runs out? I'm not sure what runs out though. Is it the floor type? The floor count? The floor type count?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I can't believe I've played this every day since it's come out. That sounds like a sickness or something.

After evicting few thousand bitizen with "mexican food" as a dream job, I finally opened one on my 71th floor. Now I don't get at least one bitizen with mexican food as dream job. Must be karma.

But hey, at least I have 500 bux. :lol

toythatkills said:
500 Bux is enough to get the 72nd floor. CASH IN!
It's already finished, build an apartment there. Floor 73 and 74 are under construction.

G8Kaw.png

My next service floor is going to be a Private Eye, no matter how many times I have to delete it.

And I'm going to name it after the Rigby Reardon Detective Agency, so probably "Reardon's DA" or something

Hige

toythatkills said:
You'll have probably saved another 512 by then, another elevator isn't even confirmed yet!
While not confirmed, it seems quite likely. I have almost 700 bux saved since it's not really worth converting to coins anymore. I only use bux to speed up construction on floors I built the previous day as soon as I build a new floor. Also, in a worst case scenario, I can spend 17 bux to restock my Private Eye and make 90k with the big spender VIP. The coin:bux ratio is much better than the bank.

My sales per minute easily breaks 1,000 now and holds steady at 1,100+ when all stores are stocked, so there's little reason to trade bux for coins at endgame.

The next update is going to include upgradeable floors!

No idea how they'll work, but you'll be able to increase stock levels/stocking time slightly, so those food floors will be less painful.

toythatkills said:

No idea how they'll work, but you'll be able to increase stock levels/stocking time slightly, so those food floors will be less painful.

I suppose that there are people that is near to complete all the different rooms, so there has to be something to spend the money.

toythatkills said:

Sounds good. At least something I can spend my bux on. Got 640 of them and tomorrow I'll probably have 700, if I don't get the fucking bitizen I'm looking for (Mexican food, bank, video rental). It's driving me mad.

louis89

I'm almost at 50 floors and I think I'm going to quit this game when I get there. It's descended into tedium and I now feel like I'm doing it out of routine rather than because it's fun. Plus I don't want to turn into this guy:

Jasoco said:
Son of a bitch. I just built a new floor and was choosing what to build and I accidentally hit Apartments. But I ALREADY HAD ONE BUILDING with 4 hours left. I meant to hit something else but I twitched and double-tapped. Fuck! So I hurried the first apartments and deleted it and rebuilt it with what I was going to build before. (Since I can't just stop building and start again without paying off the first build which is stupid.) It was a Devonshire apartments. Will I still get them again later? Please tell me and assure me that I will get them again later. If I don't build every single floor because I made one stupid mistake tap I will be so furious because I can't just revert to an older save.

Now I have two floors with 1 day and 7 hours left. Fucking bloody hell. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. FUCK.

Bottom line, I'm only concerned that I won't get to build that apartment again. As long as it still appears in the pool and I will get it back later, I don't care that I now have two floors with an identical 32 hour wait left.

Edit: After thinking about it, I assume I will get it back eventually. I've only ever deleted a floor once or twice and I've read people who have gotten the same thing twice so it'll probably be back. I feel better. Still... 32 hours... And I'm only up to floor 65. *sigh*
Seriously?

Anyway, my question is - if I delete the app, will my data be retained for if I download it again? Or will I lose everything? Thanks.

Chopper

brotkasten said:
Sounds good. At least something I can spend my bux on. Got 640 of them and tomorrow I'll probably have 700, if I don't get the fucking bitizen I'm looking for (Mexican food, bank, video rental). It's driving me mad.
Are you guys still playing the 1.1 version? I can't imagine gaining so many bucks after 1.2...

Hige

Chopper said:
Are you guys still playing the 1.1 version? I can't imagine gaining so many bucks after 1.2...
That's what I was wondering! Sounds like he's still on 1.1. I'm on 1.2.1, but I got up to about 350 bux from dream job farming on 1.1 before I updated. Everything I earn now is from elevator tips and stock bonuses.

It's a good thing I filled most of the dream jobs before I updated, since it's much more difficult to do now. They need to update the real estate VIP to guarantee a dream job employee in a business that doesn't have three dream jobbers. I think that would at least make it useful without being overpowered, since I only see like two VIPs a day now.

Ledsen

Jasoco said:

Sorry man, but this is comedy gold. Wow.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Having read through that SA thread the developers have been regularly posting in there. Looks like currently they're having the store upgrades mean adding 75 to the total stock of each item on the floor for 3 bux, with the restock time increasing to match. Useful for the crappiest food stores I guess, but not going to worth it for the game studio/private eye etc. Maybe they'll refine it, but seems less of a big dea than I thought.

Chopper said:
Of course I'm still using 1.1. I have 76 floors and 27 apartments, I don't use the elevator anymore and I rarely get bux from the stores and I don't see any improvements in 1.2 that would make me update the game.

Chopper

brotkasten said:
Of course I'm still using 1.1. I have 76 floors and 27 apartments, I don't use the elevator anymore and I rarely get bux from the stores and I don't see any improvements in 1.2 that would make me update the game.
Me neither. At least, not until I have all the available store types, and/or trading bitizens is added. I'm on 83 floors with every single bitizen in their dream job, and I've just cracked 1000 sales per minute for the first time. Feels good man. :)

wetflame said:
Having read through that SA thread the developers have been regularly posting in there. Looks like currently they're having the store upgrades mean adding 75 to the total stock of each item on the floor for 3 bux, with the restock time increasing to match. Useful for the crappiest food stores I guess, but not going to worth it for the game studio/private eye etc. Maybe they'll refine it, but seems less of a big dea than I thought.
It depends, if you can upgrade it ten levels, for example, then that's pretty decent for all floors.

Minor OCD means that all my floors are going to have to be levelled up at the same rate or it will bug the hell out of me.

Hige said:
While not confirmed, it seems quite likely. I have almost 700 bux saved since it's not really worth converting to coins anymore. I only use bux to speed up construction on floors I built the previous day as soon as I build a new floor. Also, in a worst case scenario, I can spend 17 bux to restock my Private Eye and make 90k with the big spender VIP. The coin:bux ratio is much better than the bank.

My sales per minute easily breaks 1,000 now and holds steady at 1,100+ when all stores are stocked, so there's little reason to trade bux for coins at endgame.
Coin:bux ratio only has to be better than 2000:1 to justify spending bux and there are quite a few things aside from the big spender that will do that.

600 sales per hour is probably a safe estimate for a store whose demand is at 100%.

If you take frequent and long breaks between sessions (which I do), then instant stocking is worthwhile.

I instant stock 3rd tier stock on empty stores when the number of items is 900 or more and I won't be playing for over 90 minutes or so. My off-the-envelope calculations say that if I'm going to be gone for more than 4 hours, I might be able to justify instant stocking 2nd tier items when the number of items in that tier is more than 1500 or so (edit: assuming that you're not spending more than 1 bux to speed up the stocking).

brotkasten said:

Bitizen sorting. Being able to sort the bitizens by occupation or dream job is amazing. Make the work of checking what will be your next floor, or filling the dream jobs much easier.

DangerousDave said:
Bitizen sorting. Being able to sort the bitizens by occupation or dream job is amazing. Make the work of checking what will be your next floor, or filling the dream jobs much easier.
And floor renaming is ace.

My Car Showroom got renamed to "Swiss Toni's" <3

I'm not really noticing that much of a lack of Bux 'cause I never messed around with Dream Jobs anyway, just put them in the right jobs when they turned up and never tried to grind for them.

DangerousDave said:
Maybe, but flicking through 135 bitizen isn't annoying enough yet. I'd rather keep my 3 bux per dream jobber.

I think I'm gonna sort my floors now. At least one way to spend the bux in a somewhat meaningful way.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Store upgrading would be worth it maybe if it's a one time upgrade thing. Do you have to pay 3 bux every time you want to stock up?

Wario64 said:
Store upgrading would be worth it maybe if it's a one time upgrade thing. Do you have to pay 3 bux every time you want to stock up?
You level up the store, and then every time you stock it (with coins, like normal) you get the extra stock level.

Jasoco

Banned
Fuck. 499 had better be a placeholder because that's the kind of functionality that should have been in the other elevators from the start.

Also, just got a Nerd Cave apartment.

Top Bottom