• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

Hige

dEbCr.jpg

One of my greatest wastes of time life achievements. After floor 94 you can't see the extra floors anymore.

Jasoco

Banned
After lowering it from 3. Why not just put it back at 3? 2 seems like a compromise. If they really want us to spend that 499, they better raise the chance of getting one from elevator passengers.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
wetflame said:
Next update is raising the dream jobs reward to 2 bux. Might help you get to 499 faster!

Sweet. I can live with that.

Also, 100 floors fuuuuckkk. Good job man. Do you have every floor type?

Stopped at 12 floors after realizing that I'm essentially playing Progress Quest.

Really well done, though. Just entirely pointless and a black hole of wasted time.

Hige

Wario64 said:
Sweet. I can live with that.

Also, 100 floors fuuuuckkk. Good job man. Do you have every floor type?
Not quite. The highest level you can get is
floors.

Jasoco said:
After lowering it from 3. Why not just put it back at 3? 2 seems like a compromise. If they really want us to spend that 499, they better raise the chance of getting one from elevator passengers.
The 1.2.1 update did increase the rate of bux from elevator tips, so I doubt they'll increase it again. When they first nerfed the bux reward from 3 to 1 I had a feeling they'd change it to 2 at some point. It's a good compromise since it won't be too easy to pile up bux, yet still worthwhile to attempt the dream job lottery.

NE1WeKnow

Neo Member
I swear the game is mocking me today. I can actually watch stock levels closely since it's the weekend and I'm home with the kids but I must have fully stocked floors 30 times at least and only got the tower bux bonus twice in all that time. I've fully stocked 5 floors back to back a few times & got zero bonus bux.

It must be checking a server and dynamically changing the probabilities because I've never had luck this bad.

toythatkills said:
My next service floor is going to be a Private Eye, no matter how many times I have to delete it.
Private Eye get! A Tutoring Center opened so I ditched my Health Club which had low stock/only one dreamjobber, and this morning a Private Eye opened in its place! And I had three dreamjobbers waiting for it so I'm now stocking 30,000 units of the three-coin item.

If a big spender shows up, there's going to be carnage.

toythatkills said:
Private Eye get! A Tutoring Center opened so I ditched my Health Club which had low stock/only one dreamjobber, and this morning a Private Eye opened in its place! And I had three dreamjobbers waiting for it so I'm now stocking 30,000 units of the three-coin item.

If a big spender shows up, there's going to be carnage.
I'm really surprised that you're still bothering with the elevator.

brotkasten said:
I'm really surprised that you're still bothering with the elevator.
When I play, I start at the top of my tower, scroll all the way to the bottom stocking as I go, and then take whoever's waiting in the elevator to where they want to go, before going back to the top of the tower and exiting ready to do the same next time.

I never sit playing the elevator, but if I'm heading towards the top of the tower to exit the game anyway why not take 'em if they're going the same way, then I might end up with a VIP next time round. Takes pretty much no time.

Leeness

Haha so has this happened to anyone other than my friend? She keeps getting duplicate floors. As I look at her tower right now, she has three rock climbing, three bbqs, three auto dealers (jealous) and three floral studios.

Glitch? Does this happen to anyone else? What can she possibly do to fix it?

Leeness said:
Haha so has this happened to anyone other than my friend? She keeps getting duplicate floors. As I look at her tower right now, she has three rock climbing, three bbqs, three auto dealers (jealous) and three floral studios.

It's a glitch in the previous version of the game where the only floors and dream jobbers given out were for the new floor types.

Leeness said:

My friend had this issue also, but ended up restarting.

Leeness said:
So if she updates, it'll hopefully go away? Or would she have to uninstall?
She just has to update (and then maybe delete the duplicate floors.) No need to uninstall.

There was a bug that meant the only floors it built were the five new ones, and the only dream jobbers you got were for those five floors too. It's fixed but yeah, needs an update.

cametall

CoffeeJanitor said:
rock_band.png

EDIT: Fuck, I'm in 1.2. There's no way in hell I'm ever getting close to 500 bux.

They need to make it way easier to make bux.
It makes me sad because I can't play it on my Android devices, not because I think its dumb.

NE1WeKnow

Neo Member
Really? I'm the only one who has noticed a sharp decline in bonus tower bux when fully stocking a floor? I swear it's like 1 in every 20 now when it used to be at least 1 in 10.

I don't have the stats to back this up, but it's a noticeable shift. I'm on 1.2.1 btw.

NE1WeKnow said:
Really? I'm the only one who has noticed a sharp decline in bonus tower bux when fully stocking a floor? I swear it's like 1 in every 20 now when it used to be at least 1 in 10.

I don't have the stats to back this up, but it's a noticeable shift. I'm on 1.2.1 btw.

Don't know, but... does it matter?

Bucks are only important in the first part of the game (and this is a very big flaw in their microeconomy of the game).

When you have 75 floors:

- You don't need bucks for money, because you make more than 100.000 coins in a few hours (and they cost 50 bucks).

- Using the elevator is too boring, so you don't use the elevator. Doesn't matter if they make a new and faster one, I won't be using it because the only that I'll get is bucks that I don't need. All the other rewards are dull, because are absolute rewards, instead of proportional. I'm already getting 1 million coins each day. Big spender, 3 hours less of construction or restocking time don't mean anything. And restocking the items already get me busy enough.

- You don't need to pay bucks to finish building or restocking. The game store restocking will finish when I'm sleeping? Doesn't matter, i have other 44 floors that are giving me money.

You only need 5 bucks to get new people, each 2 days. Maybe you'll spend a few more, if you want a new citizen in a shop that is restocking, maybe you'll spend a few less, if you fill dream jobs with the new people. But you get enough bucks only restocking.

deim0s

Finally got the urge to stop playing the game and delete the app.

I'm free!!!!

I will not be swayed anymore by your pixels and bux!
Till your next game NimbleBit!

NE1WeKnow

Neo Member
DangerousDave said:
Don't know, but... does it matter?

... explanation ...
Oh but u see I read here that a new elevator is planned. It will be 500 bux I think? I think that was from the devs unless it was a gag.

Otherwise, your logic is spot on. I had been using bux only to fill a new residential floor and to re-stock before sleep to sell products during the night.

I guess that considering the popularity of Tiny Tower, I'd like to think bux will be used in another way soon enough so I want to save some up.

Agent_J

NE1WeKnow said:

i'm seeing it a lot more often.

Artofwar420

This is the only iPhone game I've played pretty much every day since I installed it.

Also, how are you guys getting so much bux? Just by playing?

Artofwar420 said:
Also, how are you guys getting so much bux? Just by playing?
Pretty much all of mine are coming from restocking bonuses, probably ten/fifteen or so a day with the occasional one from the elevator and the findabitizen game.

They roll in faster than you'd expect when you're not spending them, I'm up to 330 in my quest for 499 before the update hits

Bitmap Frogs said:
Is bitizen sorting broken for anyone else?

When I pick the color I get all my bitizens, all mixed up.
It goes by highest # in that color, not by their dream job or where they work.

NE1WeKnow

Neo Member
Yes I'm also averaging 10-15 per day. Started a couple days ago on a quest to raise as many bux as possible and I'm nearly at 100 already.

Jasoco

Banned
I've had a Private Eye for weeks, and today I got my Architect's office. So sweet.

Of the current high-end stores, I have:

Architects Office
Game Studio
(Just need Film Studio to have highest Creativity)

Bakery
Scoops
(Just need the BBQ Place to have the highest Food)

Bowling Alley
(That's my highest Recreation sadly. I don't have the three higher)

Mapple Store
(Still need Auto Dealer and Tech Store for Retail)

Private Eye
(Need a Doctors Office and Martial Arts for Service)

Will the update have any new businesses to collect I hope?

Jasoco said:
Will the update have any new businesses to collect I hope?
It has a new apartment but I don't think it has businesses, maybe they'll surprise us. Between the new lift, 2 Bux for dream jobs, costumes and floor upgrading though, they probably haven't had time for new businesses!

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
toythatkills said:
It has a new apartment but I don't think it has businesses, maybe they'll surprise us. Between the new lift, 2 Bux for dream jobs, costumes and floor upgrading though, they probably haven't had time for new businesses!
What change to costumes is coming with the update?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I didnt realize Mapple Store was a parody of Apple Store until I finally got it and stocked something

Top Bottom